Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Power Cells and Sore Shoulders

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Modular Blaster
Tags: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
holicslastbreath.gif

The Zeltron sat on the provided seat, eyeballing the target through the binoculars that she'd picked up at the front desk for checking in.

Her order for a Blaster having come in last week while in transit between jobs. The Modular System a catch all for learning a bit more about Blasters of all varieties. Maybe wanting to show off a bit the next time she met Trextan in the process.

Even being asked by the front desk if she would like some instructor time. The offer kept in mind but denied for the moment as she set up on the range.

Now unsure of her decision as she eyed the blaster rifle weapon sitting on the table.

The company note that was included in the delivery had mentioned making sure to properly seat the butt-stock in her shoulder when firing. But didn't provide anything beyond that. And the myriad of descriptions on the net had left her idle for a time in the booth.

The rifle pointed down range without the power pack inserted yet, front end resting on a sandbag while the grip tentatively kept it upright.

The dials along the wall of her booth apparently setup for mid-range use at the moment as she looked to the projection screen on her bracer computer and back to the screen before glancing around.

Seeing the range instructor staring at her with a muted expression that left her wondering about coming here instead of finding a random planet to set up cans on.

She turned back round, scooting the chair closer to the bench before switching on the target projector. Shots from others streaking down the range as she tried to settle in. The rifle was held against her shoulder, a bit high by some opinions, while others seemed to rally behind it.

"Trial and error time." She sighed, sliding the power pack into the channel and hearing the power hum. Turning slightly to see the safety and switch the selector to single shot before bracing herself.

The trigger pull was different as her arm braced the front of the weapon. It felt... softer? The trigger felt like it snapped however as the weapon fired with a low scream. The blue bolt flying downrange as the projected target showed a hit on hip before returning to its initial appearance.

Lossa however flipped the safety back on.

Her shoulder singing with a throbbing pain as the weapon was laid on its side. A harsh exhale of air as she stood and walked towards the back wall and stretched her right arm in large circles all the while cursing under her breath.

Eyes glaring at the blaster rifle when it came into view.

"Holy chit." The words hissing between clenched teeth, left hand rubbing her shoulder as she looked around.

2UT5QVI.png

div1.png
Who the kriff let her in with a weapon like that?

Aiden had been watching the whole thing after he took a small break to drink some water. Most people at the range walked with confidence and clearly knew what they were doing, but something about her made him feel like she didn't really know what to do or what to expect. Had nobody given her any form of instruction? Blaster pistols and rifles were one thing, but the one she just fired could kick like a mule.

Judging by the way she was stretching, he had a feeling that her shoulder was going to be bruised.

From the corners of his eyes, Aiden then spotted one of the range instructors looking her way. They were trained to keep a very close eye on everybody, and they didn't tolerate any mistakes. So it was more than likely he was about to scold her, but Aiden sighed and decided to help her out a little bit.

"Hey there. You uh, need a bit of help?" He flashed his Corellian grin and made a subtle gesture to the instructor, who had stopped walking after seeing Aiden appear. The marine was a very familiar face at this range, so the instructors all trusted it if he was involved or helping someone out.

"I could show you how to shoot it without dislocating your shoulder, and give you some tips if you'd like."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
holicslastbreath.gif

For as much as she was cursing and putting on a brave face, he'd see her eyes were tear bright up close and the angry frown was wobbling at the corners.

Her pride hurt far more than her shoulder it seemed.

It didn't save him from the scrutiny of her eyes however when he flashed a smile. The Outer Rim was a playground of different people. But only one group she had noticed managed such a smile while looking that good.

Corellians.

Her gaze following the hand that had pointed out an instructor headed their way before she turned back to him.

"If you wouldn't mind. I. Hmm." A frown appearing as she eyed the rifle. "I may have underestimated my purchase."

A final long stretch of her arm across her before settling back into the booth. Checking the safety before removing the power cell and turning back to him.

"I like it because it does blaster, rifle, long rifle. But-" She pointed to the case half open on the floor and opened it a bit with her foot, revealing a few add ons still in the spots. "I didn't expect the kick."

The case clacked shut as she sighed.

2UT5QVI.png

div1.png
Aiden had noticed the expression, but decided not to comment about it. The shoulder and hit to her pride was painful enough, so he'd rather focus on building her back up. Whether it was his smile or just the desire not to get kicked out, Lossa agreed and his grin widened as a result. He had always enjoyed coming here to keep up with his own level of skill, but helping others learn how to shoot was great fun too.

"I don't mind at all," he said, his eyes shifting to the case for a moment.

"Most important is to keep it tight against your body," he told her whilst patting his chest. "But your posture is important too, especially if you plan to shoot that thing without sitting or lying down. You don't want to lean back too much and really put your weight into it."

He gestured with his head for her to follow him, then sat down. "May I?" He looked at the weapon, and only with her permission, he'd pick it up and set it up with the practiced efficiency of a Marine. He held it secured against his chest, leaned forward a little but not too much, to prevent the scope from hitting his eye, and zeroed in on his target.

Bang, headshot.

"You want to give it a shot again? I'll help you set up."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The silent expression of thanks before he began explaining.

The explanation in a similar vein to discussions she'd read about in one of the threads on the holonet. But had dismissed for lack of commentary beyond the first few posts.

Her head tilted slightly as he mentioned keeping the weapon close to her chest.

Brow furrowed as he explained using the weapon without using a bench or sitting. Ideas that hadn't even formed in her own mind as she followed him. His question met with a thumbs up.

"Yeah. Go ahead!" Even with a sore shoulder she still cupped her ears against the sound as he let a shot loose and scored a head shot. Eyes wide as she grinned.

Someday she'd be that good, his words getting a slight frown.

"Better prepared this time. Yeah. And help from a pro will go a long way." A shake of her head before following his instructions to setup.

2UT5QVI.png

div1.png
She seemed impressed.

Aiden just grinned while he stepped away from the table and held up a hand towards it. He watched her get seated, let her set up undisturbed, and only approached after she seemed to be ready. Gently, he placed a hand against the back of her shoulder and nudged her forward to test just how tight the lock between weapon and body was.

"Good, keep it close like it's your lover who has been away from home too long," he joked, the signature Corellian grin never once leaving his face. This was where Aiden felt in his element, and where nobody could really outshine him. The competitive side of the Marine enjoyed that a lot more than he probably should.

"And uh, you know you can wear casual clothes to a shooting range, right?" He waited for what he hoped to be a stunned expression turning to him, and met it with a teasing wink. "You just look like you're ready to hit a target and disappear with a smoke bomb, though it suits you well," he half-joked, half-complimented.

"Now, aim for the target and keep your finger ready at the trigger. Inhale, then push out about half of your breath, until you're at your steadiest, and pull the trigger."

"I bet you'll hit exactly what you want to hit."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

She'd setup as best she could figure, the test of the seating bringing her shoulder forward more into the butt stock. His words however getting something of a grin out of her as she slid her eyes over to him.

"Wouldn't know about missing a lover." She shook her head a little as she settled in. "But it sounds like you do."

Wasn't a big surprise given how he looked and acted. Seemed a sweet enough guy. Especially since he kept his jabs at a topical level than making fun of her skill as he mentioned her clothing.

Pulling back from the weapon enough to look over her clothes.

"I get any more casual than this and I wouldn't have been let in the building." A chuckle before she leaned back to reply to his second point.

"And the only thing I can assassinate is a quiet party. My cousin would have me strung up if she even thought I did that kind of work." Settling in once more as he gave instructions.

She lined up the shot, keeping a mind on her breathing as she tried to do as instructed. A thought passing her mind as she exhaled and felt herself steady.

The trigger breaking back once more as the stock nestled into her shoulder rather than kicking her.

The shot zinging down range into center mass as the target buzzed and returned to normal. A pleased grin appearing as she drew back and looked back to him.

"Seems your more the assassin than I am with that knowledge." A cheesy grin as she exhaled.

"Thank you though. Last time I went to a range it was just a pistol." She kicked her feet a little, the toes of each boot scraping the floor. "Went about like my first shot. Been nervous since to come back. But a saber only reaches so far."

2UT5QVI.png

div1.png
"But it sounds like you do."

"Is that so?" He chuckled and shook his head a little at the idea, even though he knew she was right. The war and even the increasing tension now with the Mandalorians kept him away from her more than he liked. He really did miss her. But for now, he decided not to bother a stranger with that, and focused on her shooting skills.

Otherwise he'd likely not be coming home at all anymore.

"Well, now I'm concerned about what kind of casual clothes you wear, but... let's hit some good shots first." Aiden grinned and watched her get seated behind the weapon. This time her posture already looked a lot better, and she was making sure not to bruise her shoulder again.

That was a mistake she'd likely never make a second time.

The shot was taken after that, and Aiden had that smug grin all over his face, seeing her hit the target. He wasn't really an instructor, but he didn't need to be one to teach the basics. "A Marine, but I guess that counts too." He had, after all, neutralized plenty of targets during his missions. "But I'm glad I could help-"

"Wait, did you say saber?" He perked a brow and looked her over. "Are you a Jedi? If so, you might actually know my girlfriend. She's a pretty badass Jedi, if I say so myself. Her name is Briana."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

His comment about casual clothes made her grin. Rotating her arm a bit as she looked over her shoulder to him.

"Mm. I usually steal my cousins cloths. But my own... well. I'd blend in on Zeltros more than Alliance planets." Her only comment on the matter as he revealed himself to be a marine.

The information seeming to click as she narrowed her eyes at him.

His question about her status as a jedi followed up quickly by the revelation of Briana being his girlfriend. Her initial thought to confirm she knew Briana. Which. In all reality, she was honestly surprised the man hadn't heard of her. Then again.

She leaned back, resting both elbows on the table as she screwed her face up in thought.

"Uh. She sounds familiar. Briana Sol-Saren or something. Nobles padawan right? Think I've heard lf her." She titled her head slightly with a wave of her hand. "They had some big thing on Naboo I think."

Another tilt of her head as she frowned and explained, definitely seeing where he would go with the description of her cousin since she had played dumb.

"I'm usually in the Outer Rim. News from the core is a bit slow if it isn't war. If it's Noble's padawan, I'm sure she is pretty spectacular."

2UT5QVI.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom