Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pirate Pest Control

Saram Kote

Strill Securities Al'verde

y43pnZR.jpg

Echoy Naastar
Friendly Units:
Tag(s): Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Equipment​

Sometime before the Invasion of Tython,
HC-03M/S Shev'la Kyramud-class Stealth Heavy Multi-role Corvette Prudii Rekr 1-1, in-system, Eos

Ordinarily, the company wouldn't have sent them on a job like this. It cost a lot more to send out her and hers halfway across the galaxy than it did to dispatch the nearest hunting group, let alone divert one of the company's advanced, and limited in number stealth corvettes. This particular pirate nest was a little bit more troublesome than usual, however. Some lucky di'kute had managed to put back together one of the droid foundries on Eos. Word was that the foundries were all far too damaged for all but the most determined, or the most desperate to get back into operation. Whoever these pirates were, they definitely fit into one of the aforementioned categories.

If that wasn't bad enough, the same people they were working for had apparently found out that the pirates had managed to restore to function an old surface-to-orbit cannon. Their employers were a trade coalition operating in the nearby systems, who understandably would prefer to not have to contend with well-armed pirates with an army of battle droids, old models or not. Only problem for Strill was that Eos was on the border of Enclave space. No one was expected to like any sort of activity on their borders, let alone a covert strike of some kind conducted by former contractor of the CIS. Not that they planned to leave any evidence of their involvement that would lead back to them, but it was always better to be safe than sorry.

Saram didn't know many members of the Enclave. She had a less than stellar opinion on most of them during the time they used to work with the CIS. There was one member of the Enclave, however, whom she trusted. Which was why she'd asked him to come along on this job as an Enclave liaison, just in case there were any problems and there was the added benefit of it being nice to see Omen again. She'd asked him to meet them in-system, and then they'd head down planet side together. The ship was in-system with its full stealth systems running, but she'd given Omen the ship's comm codes so that he could raise them once he'd arrived.

Saram watched the bridge crew and their alor'ad, Spar Kyrdol, go about their duties with quiet competence. Saram stayed out of their way for the most part. The soft humming of the consoles and the quiet conversation of the crew were the only noises heard. All Strill Securities ships had comparatively quiet engines with little vibration that could be felt through the deck. That was more so the case on the Shev'la Kyramud corvettes. Spar interrupting that silence was that much more noticeable, "Gar ruusiir kaysh?" Spar was a hard man to read in full beskar'gam, but she knew he wouldn't be here if he didn't believe her the first time she'd said so.

"Elek," she answered without hesitation. Omen had his head screwed on right. That was more than she could say for the majority of the Enclave. He was a capable fighter by all accounts, though she'd yet to see him in action herself, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't looking forward to. Even if she didn't trust him personally, and she very much did, he was the best option at this juncture. They'd come too far to abandon the job now.

"Ra ibac solus yust val striilir mhi," he said, matter of fact. If Spar doubted for a moment that he'd sell them out and drop and Enclave fleet on their heads, he'd have never agreed to bring him in. Saram knew Spar wasn't doubting her. The opposite in fact. He was telling her how much he trusted her judgement. Given that they changed the comms codes every time they were given to a client, and that normally the extent that they depended on each other was only to the extent that as long as she did her job right, he could do his and vice-versa, this wasn't usually a problem. They exchanged nods after a brief moment of shared silence, and they both went back to most hated part of any warrior's reality; waiting.

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
As Omen rested his head and looked at the rocky ceiling of his basement apartment, he wondered what else was there to do in this galaxy. I've been from one end of the galaxy to the other. I've dealt goods on most planets out there and explored every nook and cranny. And I've met some incredible... and deadly people. What else is... As he almost finished his thought datapad started to sound. The Clone picked it up and noticed a notification in his messages. Huh... let us see what is. An official Strill email account. This must be... No, why would she be messaging me? Just to say hi?
I guess it won't hurt to see the message.

As he opened the message, he couldn't help but smile as he imagined her face. It had been a long time since he had heard from Saram, not since the time stood still as they sat by the lake and he played his flute for her. She probably just had been busy cleaning up what was left of the CIS and securing the former government assets for her company. The second half of her letter went on to say she had an opportunity for him. The words pirate haven certainly got his attention. Well, that settles it, pirate hunting it is then. It should keep me busy for at least a week. Omen quickly wrote up a quick message and sent it out. Hopefully, it would get to her in time.

Dear Murdering Businesswoman Saram,

I've been well and tiding over my time owning my own bar in Enclave territory. You like you have told me seem to have been plenty busy by yourself so I guess I'll take that as an excuse for not reaching out to me for the past few months. You must have your hands full trying to pick off any part of the former CIS military that's left while killing off all other takers. I hope you have the best of luck in your endeavors. As for your request for help, I think you know what the answer will be. See you at the RV point.

Safe Hyperways,
Omen

RV point Tra

Crossing his arms, the Clone waited as his Dragonboat came out of hyperspace a good way out from Eos's orbit. As he looked out the cockpit window, all he could see was stars. Well, Saram was out there somewhere. Now all he had to do was wait and watch for her to materialize.

Saram Kote Saram Kote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom