Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perversion of Tython

Darth Vornskr said:
*Watches [member="Tirdarius"] rant against us turning Tython into Mordor.*

*Now sees him agreeing with it.*

Hrm.
Nope, what I was arguing against was us destroying Tython and turning it into nothing: it's a waste of resources, and sends no effective message.

Turning it into a planet we can use for training, and as a weapon of our own? I'm all for that. [member="Alric Kuhn"]'s compromise is far better than anything else I've seen here so far. We have no true Sith capital anymore, and using Tython to that end is perfect. If it's done properly.

Prakith was always considered the Sith's capital, while Coruscant was our public capital after we took it.

The plan for Tython that I've been backing up since this thread started was to scour the surface of all life, and then terraform the ruined ashes into something suitable for the Sith while also turning the entire planet into a wound in the Force by killing all the previous life.

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"] A wound in the Force would be just as useless to us as it would be to the Jedi: ultimately, any who stayed for any decent length of time would likely be driven insane through it, at best. We're just as dependent on the Force as the Jedi are, and we risk the same dangers that they do.

I admit, I wasn't aware of Prakith, but nobody bothered to mention it until now :p We really need a proper list of our planets and what resources we have housed on each. I did go looking for such a thread, but didn't find one, so I daresay that was just something I was unaware of before now. C'est la vie.

Malachor V was a Wound in the Force, but it didn't drive the occupants of the Sith academy there mad, nor is there any indication on the wiki that a Wound in the Force causes individuals to go insane. It's been noted to make the wills of Jedi weaker so that they could be turned to the Dark Side, and thus I feel that making Tython a wound would allow the use of academies on the planet to be far more effective in indoctrinating new recruits to the Dark Side of the Force.

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"] And in so doing, become mad. Remember, being a Sith isn't about being a walking engine of death, destruction, violence and brutality: it's about having a very particular purpose, in crafting order in a Galaxy that lacks it, and imposing this upon them. Those Sith who resided at Malachor were all damaged and broken in some fashion - Sion, warped into believing that pain and suffering were all that was, and as for Nihilus, that guy was just a walking engine of death. That's not Sith, that's Corrupted Sith.

The whole aim of establishing an Empire isn't for power, nor to be able to crush any you wish: it's about crafting a strong, rational power base when peace and order is created and maintained by the strongest beings, those who have endured many trials and understand well enough what pain and suffering looks like. The goal isn't to inflict sadism upon the Galaxy, but rather to enforce peace and order through superiority. You don't get that if you have your Sith being insanely corrupted into going overboard - we already have more than enough of that foolishness, and it causes us damage time and again. Sith aren't 'evil', they're pragmatists who do what needs to be done in order to keep the Galaxy in working order.

Also worth noting that the Sith you refer to were highly-trained, skilled Sith who had plenty of understanding of the effects of the Dark Side. I certainly wouldn't take an un-trained neophyte to Malachor and expect them to walk away sane, any more than a Jedi could do so (and bear in mind, they have training). Turning Tython into that would be a mistake. Converting it into another Dromund Kaas or Korriban...that I could see. Otherwise, nope.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

In that, I agree, but almost all things we understand is a lie: order, peace, security, safety. None of it truly exists, and this is what the Code seeks to teach - that your preconceptions lack value in the face of eternity. All can die, all can be destroyed, and so to cling to those preconceptions, to let yourself be held by structure...this is to be chained, restricted, stopped from reaching the potential one is capable of when they let go and simply act out of themselves, rather than by the restrictions placed upon them by others.

Of course we understand this. But invariably too few are strong enough to learn this, and so they require peace and order to be imposed upon them. As Palpatine and Krayt showed us, when the strong hold the reins and dictate peace, it exists, if only artificially, perhaps, and transitory, as such things always are. Thus, strength is required from the top to maintain it: a strong central state deals with those that threaten the order they enforce. To expect democracy to do it is asking much: it requires that all be unified in their pursuit of peace, and this is rarely true. Thus why Sith believe in hierarchy: the strong rule, because only they can ensure that those below act as they are required to, for the benefit of the whole.

In Umbris Potestas Est
*yawns and wakes up*

Interesting idea that [member="Alric Kuhn"] has suggested. Might work out quite well, and once the planet is corrupted, maybe we can still do some vongspawning of the world, shape it to how individuals(eg. [member="Silara"] and what she wants) desire it to be. Nice job creating a compromise, Chris.

The notion of Dromund Kaas 2.0...Dis I Like.

However, I will ask one thing. Can we annihilate Ashla? It is the symbolic moon representing "Light" above Tython. I feel that it would be fitting that we look up to the heavens and only see a representation of Darkness. It would also be an explosive "kark you" to the Jedi.

Win win?

*returns to hole*

[member="Darth Venefica"] I'll see what I can do, but I'm gonna have to bug people for information :p Because I honestly have no clue what we've got. Last time I was with the Sith, we had our capital on Dromund Kaas and we weren't even close to where we're located now!

Darth Metus said:
The notion of Dromund Kaas 2.0...Dis I Like.

However, I will ask one thing. Can we annihilate Ashla? It is the symbolic moon representing "Light" above Tython. I feel that it would be fitting that we look up to the heavens and only see a representation of Darkness. It would also be an explosive "kark you" to the Jedi.

Win win?

*returns to hole*
[member="Reverance"] can we pwease?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom