Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perversion of Tython

The planet of Tython, a dangerous world lost in the center of the deep core, its hyperspace lanes erased by the black holes that dot the center of the galactic core, is a symbolic home to the history of the original Jedi Order - predating Ossus by centuries in its housing of the original Jedi Order, and the Je'daii before them - and as such should, and will, experience the greatest of changes ever to be seen on Chaos.

A team of Sith Lords will drain the life of the inhabitants of the planet and following that it will be bombarded until not a single millimeter of the surface is left untouched. Every rock, every mountain, the waters of the world, it will be destroyed in the fiery judgement of the One Sith. Once it has been completely scorched to the state of a smoldering rock we will begin the terraforming process explicitly curtailed to the creation of a hellscape. A combination of Mustafar, Malachor V, and Dagobah will become the centerfold of the religious Sith of the Dark Lord's empire, a world that is home not only to a rag-tag group of Sithspawn, but the very sithspawn that make up my own personal collection and those which are bred as our most dangerous and deadly. Volcanos, mountains that cut the sky, barren plains devoid of life that scream for water or a touch of moisture, marshes that reek of death - Tython will become something completely alien to what it once was, a nightmare to the order that hated the dark side, a cruel reminder of what was and always has been superior.

And to complete this complete domination of the planet we will construct a sprawling fortress city at the heart of this beautiful and terrifying world which will house a massive tower to seat the Dark Lord's Eye surrounded by a pentagonal volcanic mountain range to house the Voices of the Dark Lord. Within the valley that will encompass the area surrounding the tower and walled off by the mountain range around it will be a massive dark side nexus constructed by the Sith Lords of the One Sith, tainted with great effort so that the very air is offensive to those of the light side of the force.

While Coruscant may be the One Sith's imperial center, its official face and capital, the planet of Tython will be scarred and changed to suit the Sith Lords of the One Sith as their religious center.

I still don't think this is the best course of action to purge all traces of the Jedi from the planet.

Edited to remove unnecessarily being rude thanks to frustration I shouldn't have brought to this thread

tumblr_n2b3nyNnMT1qhkkp7o7_250.gif
I approve of this endeavor.​
sauron.png
Build the new Oracle tower!​

[member="Silara"]

My idea in question(not the previous, admittedly self-serving one) - Vongspawning the planet and letting the yorik coral physically devour every last brick and piece of mortar - accomplished the same goals while still allowing for the preservation of the planet's population(whose pain and suffering at the hands of the Vongspawn virus would bolster the darkness on the world) and the corruption of the Force Nexus(which Isolda could build her tower on).

Edited to remove unnecessarily being rude thanks to frustration I shouldn't have brought to this thread

[member="Silara"]

The idea in question(the vongforming one) was formulated after it was mentioned to me that what I initially proposed was an unworkable idea, which I've accepted. Hence why I brought up the other idea in question.

Base Delta Zeroing the planet isn't going to accomplish as much as everyone seems to think it will. Letting what is alive in the Force be consumed by what is Force Dead is a much more permanent way to bury the Jedi memory - consuming it and leaving nothing left but the twisted corruption of the Dark Side. Wanton destruction gains nothing we can't get another way, and has more negative aftereffects than other methods of rewriting the planet in question.

Enigma said:
The idea in question(the vongforming one)
Vongforming will be a process of building up and terraforming to reshape the planet. The dead marshes will, for example, be vongformed (I didn't mention this because our conversation went in another direction). Various portions that make sense to be vongformed will, while others will not. This will be a marriage of natural (in the essence of not being mechanical or biological) structures with the biotechnology of the Yuuzhan Vong with minimal technology. I can't quite portray to you what it would be, as images don't quite give the source of the idea justice.

[member="Silara"]

The vongforming I can understand - I just don't see how BDZing the planet prior to doing such benefits the situation. From what I've measured, it means there'll be one less Force Nexus for the Sith to corrupt and gain power from, millions less people to use as slaves, and less physical mass for the yorik coral to absorb and devour. It doesn't seem to offer the pluses that just straight-up vongforming would. The wanton destruction just doesn't feel like the right way to corrupt Tython from a Sith point of view.

Not to mention the vongforming would still convert places like the Dead Marshes into however it was that you desired them, even if the planet was not BDZed.

This, right here, is why the Galaxy hates us. Tython is the ancestral home of the Sith, too. Destroying it in this fashion strikes me as a little unnecessary, not to mention spiteful. We'd be better off holding it and turning it into a proper Sith enclave, a twin perhaps to Eclipse.

If we're going to do 'evil' things, at least let's show some pragmatism in doing so. To do this just because we can...it's wrong.

[member="Elensa Jari"]

Technically true. Tython is the birthplace of the Dark Jedi, who would eventually end up becoming the Sith in question. But I agree - base delta zeroing the planet has few if any positives and far more negatives than simply vongforming the world and letting the yorik coral devour the Jedi structures until nothing's left.

[member="Enigma"] I wouldn't even go as far as Vongforming it. My personal opinion, but I've always thought that Tython was a lovely planet. Also...and this may be a topic for debate, but I understood that the nature of a Force nexus was dependent on both the presence of life on a planet as well as that of the Force Users that have gathered there - hence why Korriban can be so strong within the Force, despite being a nearly lifeless rock. That said, Vongforming will fundamentally alter the world's surface, changing structure and corrupting the life there. Will this not, in turn, alter the planet's status as a Nexus?

Just a thought. But, yes, at this point, I can't honestly see purpose in either action. We'd be better off spending our time establishing a proper Temple/Academy on Tython, and exploring the planet thoroughly to see what secrets we might wrest from the hands of our most ancient ancestors.

I would rather scourge all traces of the Jedi from the planet, along with its flora and fauna so that we may rebuild it anew.

Heed the philosophy of the ancient Lord Krayt, for all must die and be reborn, so shall Tython experience rebirth.

[member="Elensa Jari"]

Vongforming is the best compromise - corrupts the world for the One Sith while still leaving the planet's resources, Force Nexus, and slaves/population intact for later use. A more deliberate corruption of the planet instead of wanton slaughter fits more along the lines of the Sith doctrine than the whole "Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne!" thing that's being suggested here.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Didn't he leave Yavin's Jedi temples untouched when he turned them into Sith Temples, with the same being applied for the Coruscant Jedi Temple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom