Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perversion of Tython

In Umbris Potestas Est
Silara said:
Are we talking about the board's lore and history that was hand-waved into existence as a means of a history prior to the Gulag Plague? Because the pinnacle of technology in rebuilding hardly coincides with current tech.
We're hardly the Imperium of Man, such that we've degraded in technological advancement by a maddening degree. The same technology(Vong tech) used to rebuild the planets in question could be used in the modern era to reverse such damage that's nowhere near as critical.

Enigma said:
We're hardly the Imperium of Man, such that we've degraded in technological advancement by a maddening degree. The same technology(Vong tech) used to rebuild the planets in question could be used in the modern era to reverse such damage that's nowhere near as critical.
The same pinnacle of technology used to build an entirely new Alderaan from an asteroid field (which far dwarfs what Vongforming can generally do) is also not accessable to most other groups or factions. If someone pops up with an extensive history with the Yuuzhan Vong and has a large world-seed then I can understand this being the case.

However I do not.

Even the One Sith is not in possession of World Seeds, and we practically own the Yuuzhan Vong at this point.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Silara"]

I doubt it would take a world-seed to rebuild the damage done to Tython in question, honestly. And if we don't have them, we should work on getting them, then. More worlds, more resources, more to conquer.

Enigma said:
[member="Silara"]

I doubt it would take a world-seed to rebuild the damage done to Tython in question, honestly. And if we don't have them, we should work on getting them, then. More worlds, more resources, more to conquer.
World seeds exceed the maximum size ship allowed on Chaos. The answer will be a blunt no regardless.

And I was referring to the differing in scales of damage.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Silara"]

Fair enough, though the World Seed would not be a starship, and things such as derelict Death Stars have admittedly existed in the site's past.

I was merely pointing out how the current level of technology could repair the damage done to Tython were the BDZ to be done. But as-is, I gotta sleep. Will pick back up when I wake up.

Oh come on. We may be Sith, we may be the bad guys, but what is the point of completely destroying the planet's surface only to build something else on it?

We are villains, but why turn this

paradise-2.jpg

into this

fires_of_hell.jpg

Instead of destroying everything the Jedi touch, why don't we take it and make it a part of us? Why don't we make Tython a new Korriban? Turn a Jedi world into a Sith world without pointlessly destroying it? Our Crusades are already sending a message, but this place holds great importance to the Jedi and therefore the greatest insult to them would be absorbing Tython into Sith history, make it something associated with Sith.

Just my opinion, of course :)

Silara said:
If you have a better proposal than simply building a new temple, I would like to hear it. If not, simply stating distaste is not enough to change a mind.

Ideas are better than none.
The issue with your plan is that you aim to 'send a message' to the Jedi - namely, that we're going to kill them all. They know that already - what part of that message did you not think they understood the first few thousands times? And nobody else knows about Tython - it's a world also considered a closely-guarded secret. The galaxy as a whole doesn't know about it, so destroying it only sends a message to the Jedi, and that's something you could do with a few dozen Jedi corpses, if you're in the mood to exercise some bloodthirstiness.

Also, just because nobody has a better idea for Tython doesn't mean your plan should be given an automatic green light. And if it comes to it, I'll do more than simply express distaste. As I said, I'll act ICly to stop this, if I have to.

Silara said:
If you have a better proposal than simply building a new temple, I would like to hear it. If not, simply stating distaste is not enough to change a mind.

Ideas are better than none.
The fact that people aren't coming up with suggestions isn't enough to justify this current path.

I want to go on record as saying I'm strictly against this current course of action. I don't see the purpose of destroying the sanctity of this planet and deviating from canon. If I have to do a dominion where I turn over a few rocks and fight force storms/hurricanes for 100 posts just to see that it stays that way, I will.

Cause let's face it. This planet is awesome, it needs no correcting.

I think that there is such division in the Lord Ranks, perhaps it could be voted upon?

Personally, I think we'd need permission to destroy Tython in such a canon altering manner from the Admins and such, and correct me if I'm wrong, that would increase the necessary post count to do what you plan to on Tython.

I already know that Zambrano the Hutt won't be involved in the dominion, since he is repulsed by places that remind him of the Jedi (then again if we're corrupting it, maybe he'll learn to hate the temples and seek to destroy them).

Further more, we already have our Malachor V in Brokellia... shouldn't we be focusing on capitalizing off of that anyway? There's a Rift to the Netherworld, and half of it is an entirely different planet from a galaxy none of us have experienced, with technology that probably pre-dates most the galaxies civilizations and orders. I would say we have our hands too full there to execute much of anything planetary on Tython, which is a handful to even find, let alone dominate in this way.

Personally, I would leave Tython untouched. Keep that solid red ring and mock the Jedi, that they can't reach their temples. Then slowly, over time, send expeditions to convert what little population remains there into unspeakable dark side creatures and vongspawn, sack the temples for useful knowledge, and purging anything within it that is heresy. I also think, that we should save it, until after our next invasion. That way, we can tell the Jedi, either in Victory or through the odd far off chance of Defeat, that we have found Tython... and we're going to burn it to the ground and reclaim it under the name of the Dark Lord to become the new Homeworld..

That's just me though...

Vual

Ah my homeworld. Perhaps the takeover and the usage of such a planet would be more beneficial than destruction, it could be used in favour of us and against the Jedi, destroying it would make them angry and seek revenge but total dominion of the planet with the citizens bending to our will, will leave a much larger scar on the Jedi.

Vual said:
Ah my homeworld. Perhaps the takeover and the usage of such a planet would be more beneficial than destruction, it could be used in favour of us and against the Jedi, destroying it would make them angry and seek revenge but total dominion of the planet with the citizens bending to our will, will leave a much larger scar on the Jedi.
Tython quite literally has almost no population to speak of. It was abandoned prior to 1000 BBY entirely. I'm sure several PCs "lived there", but there's been canonically no population for the better part of one thousand years.

But that's fine. The idea's been talked out of anyways.

Also, to note: There is no lush flora and fauna on Tython, as of "Darth Bane: Rule of Two" the planet's terrain are "barren fields and ashes".
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tython

Darth Veles said:
Oh come on. We may be Sith, we may be the bad guys, but what is the point of completely destroying the planet's surface only to build something else on it?

We are villains, but why turn this

paradise-2.jpg

into this

fires_of_hell.jpg

Instead of destroying everything the Jedi touch, why don't we take it and make it a part of us? Why don't we make Tython a new Korriban? Turn a Jedi world into a Sith world without pointlessly destroying it? Our Crusades are already sending a message, but this place holds great importance to the Jedi and therefore the greatest insult to them would be absorbing Tython into Sith history, make it something associated with Sith.

Just my opinion, of course :)
Just wanted to point out, as I mentioned in my previous post so that whatever occurs to Tython is not based on misleading information: There is no jungle, flora, or fauna on Tython. It is a barren rock covered with barren fields and ashes. As of Darth Bane's trip to Tython it was fully abandoned and lacked vegetation or growth, and the Jedi Order on Chaos evacuated the planet en-masse of those who had moved there during the board's time line, at which point the terrain remained the same. This dominion will be of an uninhabited rock rather than a lush, populated, planet.

I am rather late to this party so forgive me if I re-ignite any grievances.

But to be frank, with Tython both sides of the argument propose pretty superficially self-satisfying plans. While one, destroying and perverting the planet into a force storm wasteland with heightened darkside off balance, is a classically vile thing to do, the other plan which is to do nothing and use it as a sort of hostage against the galaxy is also superficial as the only people who would get your sinister irony is yourselves. And for the Republic and Jedi nothing will change. Tython will still be a goal, a target to achieve in their next counter-invasion - like a beacon in the dark. Don't be fooled. Tython is the first major target on their list when they achieve it they'll hit Coruscant next.

Tython is a lose-lose situation. Just by being near it we have already made ourselves the most hated faction in the galaxy.So own it, be it. I for one don't want to see Tython uniformly blasted, its already a sh*thole to begin with. Rather than that you can use Tython as a weapon to mentally and through the force cripple Jedi. All Jedi (and some Sith) have a connection through the Force to this world - it is like a nervous system in the immaterial realm of the Force. If you warp, devour and curse it you can -quite literally- send a plague through the force and it will manifest as untold pain.

Tython should and must for the betterment of the Sith Order be used as the heart we crush to cripple the Jedi. And this isn't some "petty vengeance", this is a strategic slaughter. Like Carthage and Rome, we squabble over what to do with it. Leave it? It poses no threats? No. JUST by existing and retaining its pure untouched presence it is a threat. It will always be a threat.

Which would you rather have? A threat that you had no control over? Or a threat you can use to manipulate those who would stupidly save it.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Right, so many dissenting opinions. I'm going propose my own plot.

Dromund Kaas 2.0.

[member="Darth Isolda"] has wanted to build an Oracle Tower for the better part of a year(Since we started One Sith. I say give it to her. The Jedi abandoned Tython in an actual RP quite some time ago, as Silara stated the planet is an empty wasteland. Knowing this, and knowing were not too hot on blowing up the entire place, we corrupt it.

The Tower is Built, The Dark Lord pulls a Sith Emperor and funnels his power into Isolda, who resides in the tower. Said power will slowly corrupt and Change Tython into a darkside planet. Evil things start happening, bad plant life grows, etc...etc... we have a New Sith Homeworld in the heart of our territory and a cool RP point we can fill with Temples, Statues, Tombs, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom