Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Pastime of a Rogue Padawan I

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Tools: Fusioncutter
Ship: Skiptown with V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
Vehicle: Speeder Bike
Tags: @Open
holicslastbreath.gif

The Skiptown scattered debris and torn grass as it descended. Legs extending to touch back down and relieve itself of flight as the systems hissed and shut down. Engines spooling down with a softening whine as she cut the lights and watched the overgrown temple ahead of her.

Uncertainty clouded what was once easy thinking.

The planet still felt the lingering grasp of the dark side. Efforts from both the NJO and Alliance personnel to sweep the remaining bits of rot and corruption from the planet's jungles. An effort that would likely be ongoing for a time given how thoroughly the area had known the scourge of the Maw.

Whether cleared or not for such a personal visit, she had made landfall.

Skid chortled at her, making his discontent at being on this planet known. Her chair swinging around as her finger wiggled at the droid as she aimed to return the sass.

"Now look here. You won't get hurt. Because you're staying on the ship." One of his legs extended while the other sank, giving the little droid a slanted stance which only added to the Indignation that crept in to his reply.

A strange conversation to see for sure.

"I'm not. Uggghh. Look here. I-. Not literally. For. Feths. Sake." Standing and aiming to playfully kick the little droids leg as it cackled and began to move away. "I'm going in to meditate or at least try. Same thing as Dagobah. Try to clear my head. That's it. Might fight some stuff if it gets near. Nothing to worry about."

Disbelief colored the binary blips and chirps as she began to walk down the hall.

Floor panels throwing sounds down the hall as if a group were thundering down the passage. Stopping before the ladder down to cast eyes at the little droid at his level. A few chirps needing assurance as she let out a sigh.

"I promise. You worry too much." Giving the droid a pat before sliding down the bars.

Slipping through the cargo container and patting herself to make sure the usual items were about her. The button gave a satisfying click as she pressed it before the ramp door hissed open. Interior and exterior atmosphere fighting only to form a small and quickly dispersed cloud of mist along the edge of the door.

A neat display that earned a nod from the Zletron as the door shuddered, making contact with the ground with a solid crunch into the dirt. Even through the mechanical sounds of the ship, the ambient noise of life emerged with each step down the ramp.

A good sign really given what news she'd heard about the place.

Or maybe not.

"Close it up and lock it down Skid. I'll message you on my way back." Boots grinding rocks as she spun to watch the ramp close. Arms shooting out to her sides as she stumbled across a hole in the ground.

Life flashing before her eyes until she caught herself. "E Chu Ta!" Hopping a few steps as her ankle stung with each step. Her hopping coming to a halt as she reached a tree and dug her elbow into the side, trying vainly to shake the hurt out.

"Course. First couple of steps. And I about get taken out. Good fethin start. Good. Fethin. Start. Stoopa!" Words spat as she continued on, the occasional limp marring an otherwise clean gait.

"I hope. I fethin hope, I find something in there. Force sake." Hair shaking with each sharp turn of her face to look around at the partial clearing around her.

Grass covered the ground in varying lengths.

Either not quite overgrown or reaching up to her hips in a tell tale path forwards. The tarnished stone building of the temple ahead partially hidden beneath growth and the wear of time.

The sharp clack and grind of boot against stone the only strange sound in the air besides her complaining.

2UT5QVI.png

Wearing: Interceptor Gear

Armed With: Nathan's Saberstaff

Nathan no longer meditated willingly, and often not at all. He knew it would be ineffective with him. And he didn't want to quiet his mind.

He couldn't stand the silence in his head when that happened. The more crowded and overburdened it was, the less he thought he about Lysandra or Laertia.

The feel of the Mawite Sith he had helped butcher at Exogal lingered like a bad stink in the Force.

He walked through the temple, having arrived with a Stealth Vessel. A lone Padawan who had once been a Jedi Knight of great strength in the Force, now a shadow of his former self.

Morris Crownwraithe was dead. Only Nathan, the one that had hidden behind that name for much of his early life, remained.

Nathan studied the abandoned interior. So much ransacked, so much left behind.

He felt nothing. No awe. No reverence. One more ruined temple to scavenge from.

He sensed the presence of another he only had a faint familiarity with, given certain missions they had both done for the RTL.

Mildly curious, he began walking to where he sensed her. Nathan was not popular among the Jedi of the RTL. Too quiet. No smiles. None of that expected Padawan cockiness/swagger. Too precise in his movement. Didn't disobey orders, yet somehow that served to make other Jedi only more instinctively uncomfortable somehow around him. They expected occasional questioning. Defiance, even. But not a peep from Nathan.

He walked, slow and deliberate, in his pitch black biker leathers to her location. His Saberstaff dangled from a clip on his belt. His face ever grim, ever frozen, artificial green eyes as precise in their movements as his walk was, which echoed out well before he was even seen...

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Tags: Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl
holicslastbreath.gif

She'd come to clear her mind.

And feeling the tallest blades of grass dance along her palm went a long way to doing so. Harsh steps from pain turning into slow thoughtful ones as she made her way up and over a small hill.

Trees gave way to the outer clearing of what was likely a courtyard as the grass dipped low and out of reach for her hand.

The Force tugged at the corners of her free flowing thoughts. Pushing familiarity there as she listened to the animals. Listened to the rhythmic clack-

Her steps stopping outside a blasted open doorway as she realized the most prominent sound wasn't organic.

Her eyes scanned the door, turning enough to see the far sides to the north and south. Making it clear that the sound was coming from inside. The familiarity wasn't enough to identify, but enough to keep her from drawing her saber.

"Keeping company I guess." Standing on her good leg and giving the ankle a final shake to push the pain back a little more just in case.

The smile fading to cautious curiosity, a tight line as her eyes kept taking in the details around her. The doorway with chunks blown inside. The strewn and broken... things on the floors.

It painted a decent picture as she crunched a ceramic beneath her foot.

Wincing at the sudden volume.

2UT5QVI.png

(THIS plays)

The footsteps grew louder and louder, and became less like footsteps at some imperceptible point and more like a herald of...something...

They never varied in pattern, never a second lost or gained between steps. Perfect Synchronous.

A crunch of ceramic eventually alerted him that Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl was close. But he didn't quicken his pace.

Nathan would eventually emerge from the shadows, hands to his side. It was nearly impossible to tell if he was breathing or not. He spotted Lossa, artificial green eyes, perfectly resembling normal ones save for their too precise movements, centered on her.

He didn't say anything at first. He knew she would ask what he was doing here, so he thought of something bland to ask.

"Here for extra-curricular activity?" he inquired. "Searching for a few things myself. Old texts. Spare parts. Sending it back to the Dagobah Temple, if I find something worth saving."

Indeed, others noticed his propensity to scavenge. He had gotten the unpleasant moniker of "Vulture" behind his back by some. ( By his own admission however, it was not entirely inaccurate to describe his activities. At least some of them.) And it was the truth. Nathan didn't like keeping powerful, dangerous Force Relics close to him. He never even went near Holocrons, even Jedi Holocrons, unless he had no other alternative. Even those variants had horror stories attached to them. He had been an unwilling participant in some of them, and barely escaped with his life.

These Padawans had it easy these days...

Nathan waited for her reply. He was deathly still, like a statue. A cold static hung about him in the Force, emotion cast into a void within him. It wasn't dark. But it wasn't normal either, and it was very, very difficult to break, due to his indoctrination...

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

The echoing march of steps did little to ease her worries. Only making her wonder if her senses were to be trusted entirely. She'd drawn the short straw on trusting the feel of the force around her before, and she'd paid a price for that. A form separating itself from the shadows, and looked about as amused as she was to suddenly see someone.

Understanding more why horror holo's did better when you didn't see the great and terrible thing of the story.

Her squeak of surprise switching to a gasp for air as she figured out who it was exactly before her. Brushing strands of hair back as she let her mind settle on his question.

"Something like that. Came to meditate. Learn maybe. Didn't uh. Didn't expect anyone really." She blew out air and swung her arms a bit as she did the awkward smile to buy time for words. "To be here. Blood...Scrawl? Nathan, if I remember."

And while she didn't ask the question aloud, he readily provided the answer. Searching for Texts and tools. A decent enough thing she supposed.

"Ah! Sounds uh. Like a solid idea. Found anything or just starting to look?" Grabbing the chance to keep hearing his voice in case he decided to slip back into the comfort of the shadows that lingered in the corners of the rooms and hallways.

While he wasn't being threatening, she'd already come across one strange fellow in the past that had similar odd mannerisms. The eerie stillness and off feeling in the force with how close they were.

And the lack of emotions coming from him didn't help that strange perception. Even her limited empathic abilities could usually pick up on hints of a feeling.

And yet it felt like she'd watched a show till the station tuned out.

"Wouldn't mind me tagging along would you?"

2UT5QVI.png

"Learn something huh." It wasn't a question, more like a series of words put together to form something coherent to the opposite party.

"And yes...I'm Bloodscrawl. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

His face remained in that frozen grim expression as he said, eyes utterly still. You could have heard a pin drop.

"I have only just begun to conduct a search for said materials. Your assistance would be appreciated. Please, follow me..."

He took out a flashlight and lit the interior to help her see as he walked ahead, footsteps carrying that same perfect synchronous, echoing outward.

One could see sigils and old murals of the Jedi in far more ancient times on the scorched walls.

"Doomed to repeat it...." he muttered, voice dry and cracking the silence like an icepick.

"Doomed to repeat it..."

They stopped at the shattered remains of a fountain surrounded by tapestries of ancient Jedi Knights in meditation.

He knealt down, spotting an old skeleton in Jedi robes clutching a holodisk.

"They died trying to keep it safe, whatever it was..." he noted, picking up the disk and offering it to Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

His mimicry of her words left her puzzled.

Was he already annoyed by her? Did he expect an answer? Just musing aloud maybe? She'd hit a roadblock she had never had to deal with before in reading someone.

The deadpan stare and stillness was something she hadn't encountered often in people.

But the worry of annoying him faded when he requested- Requested seemed to polite. It wasn't a demand by any means. But it felt more like. She blinked trying to find the word for a feeling she couldn't properly explain.

Following behind him silently, eyes darting to his legs as he carried that same perpetual pattern in his step.

It was certainly creepy, and made her wonder about his own training.

The light helped her, but the fact he had to pull out a flashlight didn't strike her as odd in the first place. He seemed too comfortable in the dark. The light playing around the passage more for her sake than his.

His cutting the silence with sudden words making her brow scrunch together as she tried to figure out if he meant the murals, or was lost in his own thoughts given voice.

Gaze lingering on the murals until she heard his steps stop and reveal a fountain of old.

The remains of jedi scattered about as he plucked a holo from their bony prison. Her mouth drawn tight as she accepted the holodisc and examined it.

The idea of plugging it in fresh on her mind.

"Might see if we can find an old computer-" Eyes flitting between the holodisc and her bracer before frowning. "It's a bit big for my handheld."

Eyes squinting into the dark to see nothing but empty space around them. A meditation hall for sure as she made out the shape of what could have been a door along the far wall opposite they had come in.

Eyes combing the floor as she covered the distance in haste.

A small knock and a hollow reverberation confirmed suspicions as she turned back to Nathan with a thumbs up.

"My lightsaber doesn't do the cutty-cut like most. Want to have the honors?"

2UT5QVI.png

Nathan watched as Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl scurried over to the door at the far end after saying the disk didn't work on her hand held.

She called out to him, asking for help with the door, and he obliged, teleporting from where he was all the way to her silently.

"Much obliged..." he replied with a dry voice and a thousand meter stare as he removed his hilt and activated a single blue blade...it's color often being the only reassurance any Jedi had around him, and thrust the blade into the center. He seemingly knew exactly where to target on these kinds of Jedi doors, giving away that he had done this before.

He cut into the door carefully, gesturing in precise, mechanical movements of his hand for her to step back as his blade began to melt through the locking mechanism. Finally, he heard the faint, telltale clink of the lock finally melting and the door slid open automatically, melted parts quickly starting to cool.

The door gave way to what was left of the temple archives and servers, most of it badly burned or destroyed. Likely by the Jedi, just to prevent the Sith from getting anything.

Nathan moved through with that ever perfect synchronous step into the archives, some of the glowing blue data-tapes still functional.

He stopped as he spotted an old photo, crushed into the debris, showing his daughter, Laertia Io Laertia Io training in the very distant past. She looked very young, having not yet acquired the scars she would receive later. She seemed to have been caught in mid duel training against a purple skinned Twi-Lek Woman in an all too familiar white catsuit. Both using purple blades.

He dropped it, refusing to look at it further, face giving no expression, though his heart rate went up by a single beat having to look at a daughter he would never truly know now that she had been reborn as a monstrous Brain Demon Cultist, wedded to the woman who slaughtered his parents when he was young, trained by (and loving) the woman who had murdered his wife, and then him. (He got better)

"I think I found something..." he called out stoically, finding an intact terminal...

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

The flicker of the flashlight there and then suddenly here had her stepping back.

Startled was hardly a fitting word as she squeaked at the shift. Her blinking, mouth agape stare as she looked to the fountain and back to him only punctuated by a single noise.

"Huh." Mind still wrapping itself around what he had just done as his blade ignited and he pressed inward.

His gesture to step back followed without argument.

Thoughts firmly settled on his brand of training as versus the disc she had in her hand. Only being brought back when the door gave a tell tale click and slid open.

Still blinking as he pushed forward and she finally was able to collect herself.

"What. What skill was that? That. That was handy!" She trailed after him, circling at the sight of active systems still even in the mess of destruction around them.

A pleased nod of her head at the sight. "Ah. Sweet. I don't have to rig up a power cable." Eyes glancing across the mess once more before he called for her.

She wasn't anywhere near as quiet as he was, and she crunched across the gathered dust and cables in lively hope. A swipe of her hand across the front of the console and screen before blowing the dust off the face of the console with a sputtering hack.

"Blegh. I regret that. Immensely." A sour expression before she carefully slotted the disc into the slot and tapped the keys, bringing the projector to life.

"Now. Let's see. What they had." Fingers dancing across the keys as logs and files appeared. Most empty or corrupted in some way until she found a file with light encryption on it.

Frowning before the tapping of keys once more filled the quiet dusty air as the system eventually gave way beneath the amateur attempts Lossa gave it. The projector lighting up with a sharp pop and fizzle.

2UT5QVI.png

"It's called Force Teleport. It's...a rare gift..." Nathan answered, the only sign of hesitation he had displayed thus far in his otherwise formal tone.

He watched as she coughed at the dust on the console, saying nothing further, watching as the recording played out. It showed a number of ancient Jedi Artisans working on lightsabers. Nathan raised an eyebrow as they were all wearing radiation suits.

Nathan peered closer as they removed the crystals to be installed in their thick hilts from cannisters that had radiation shield signs on them.

"Barab Ingots." Nathan said. "They come from a high radiation world. They produce flame like blades of any color, burning so fiercely they can cut through materials much faster than normal. The blades almost seem like they are on the verge of losing cohesion at times. They are highly dangerous."

The recording than showed the finished lightsabers, 4 in all, being stored in a silver case before being sealed in an underground vault.

Nathan's machine eyes noticed a skip as it neared the end.

"I recommend rewinding and slowing down. Way down. I suspect they hid an image in one of the frames of this recording..."

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

Force Teleport.

His answer not helping the questions she had in her mind about the skill.

"A rare-" Eyes widening as she looked at him. "Definitely a gift, but I think rare doesn't do it justice. Be neat to learn."

Her single nod turning back to the screen as the projector played and she squinted with a frown. People working on what seemed like lightsabers but dressed in thick protective gear.

Radiation gear.

Frown slowly growing at the sight of the Radiation symbol on the containers. The handles of the lightsaber plainly heftier than normal as they finished their work

His wisdom shared as she glanced back to him.

"Never heard of them. But. That. That seems a bit extreme." A sigh paired with a shake of her head as he mentioned rewinding and slowing down the speed.

A hidden still?

"Glad you noticed. Three stills make a noticeable jump, but a single?" Her mind quietly continuing the comment about needing to be a machine to notice.

The slight grin shifting to a tight form at the thought while she backed up the video and slowed it down to frame by frame. Hand deftly swiping through the now still images before the discrepancy appeared.

"There you have it. Make sense to you?"

2UT5QVI.png

"My ability at it is different. It's hereditary. But it is teachable to a degree. However, I cannot promise it would manifest the same way in whoever learned it as it does in me." he explained as she slowed down the frames. His machine eyes scanning.

"The trade off is that I can't use telekinesis..." he added.

The scan stopped on a frame that listed a set of coordinates on the planet a few kilometers north of here along with a warning: LOCK OF TORMYNALI ACTIVE. EXERCISE CAUTION.

"Lock of Tormynali... that's not good..." Nathan trailed. "He was a...Jedi Architect. Got his start designing cells meant to keep Sith Prisoners unable to access their powers. Then he moved on to other forms of security systems. His "locks" are essentially elaborate Force Imbued booby traps, plaguing those who try to get past it in shared hallucinations. Not the best fencer. Didn't need to be. His telekinesis was more than enough to defeat most challengers..."

Nathan was stock still, like a statue as he studied the image, face still frozen grim, but obviously deep in thought.

"He gained infamy by kidnapping and imprisoning over eighty two Sith Knights in a force infused maze of crystal and glass that warped the laws of physics. He had jumped the Firaxa from the stress, you see--"

Nathan stopped himself. He had offered too much information. Way too much.

After all, how would a Padawan know such an obscurity?

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

The mention of the skill being hereditary made her pause and glance back at him. She knew people had leanings toward force abilities their parents had, but hadn't realized it might go so far as to being hereditary.

A neat tidbit she stored away for later as the image was produced.

"Well. Only way to see how it shows up is to try. Willing to do that." She nodded once before he began to expound on the details of what they had stumbled across.

The first bit broken only by a moments thought before he continued.

Her eyes had begun on the screen, but his continued explanation had her listening with rapt attention until he stopped. Blinking when she realized he had finally stopped.

"Genuinely, feel free to continue. First I've heard of it but-" Her hands tapping along the keyboard of her bracer and snapping an image of the still before regarding him once more. "Nonetheless interesting. Did the traps ever get figured out or just a matter of... "

She tried to think of the word before throwing one out to fill the air.

"A loophole I guess? To get out I mean."

2UT5QVI.png

"Tormynali was dangerous. Incredibly dangerous. His systems did have loopholes to allow Jedi to get through...on occasion."

Nathan glanced as he realized Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl was staring at him with rapt attention. He was not used to being paid attention to by other Jedi.

Nathan stepped back averting his gaze from hers.

"But most times he was in it to design a security system so effective even he couldn't overcome it. I would not count on him being willing to throw anyone a bone when it came to his traps. Especially his hallucinatory traps."

Nathan folded his hands behind his back, pacing a bit. But even his pacing had a metronomic quality to it, like a wind up toy.

"My teleportation ability gave me a slight edge. But only slight..."

He would say no more on how he knew so much, only switching to the next subject to keep Lossa from digging deeper.

"I...can try to show you how to teleport, if you wish. But remember, it might not manifest in you as it does in my family. For instance..."

Nathan held out his arm to a fallen datatape dozens of meters away, and it teleported to his hand. Then he teleported in several areas around her.

"With enough concentration, I even have a chance of teleporting others away or towards me, the same way other Jedi push or pull with the Force. But that's...an advanced technique..." he said, as grim faced and unfeeling as ever, with a thousand parsec stare. There was no warmth. Only the flat somberness of being driven by something beyond logic or duty.

"But be warned if you choose to learn it. Improper focus can be fatal. You learn at your own risk. Your body may adjust to accomodate the ability in ways you can't predict if you overuse it. Certainly happened in my bloodline enough times to be a feared outcome."

His offer was not the offer of one Padawan offering the well meaning support to another. His offer was the offer of imparting that which was arcane and warning the user they would have to deal with the consequences once obtaining it for themselves.

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
holicslastbreath.gif

The repeated warning of danger was not lost on the Zeltron.

Nodding along before her eyes narrowed at the mention of the occasional allowance of entry. Her interest seemed to unsettle him, and though she didn't begrudge him, she let her gaze wander briefly to break up her gaze.

The notion of overcoming or falling victim to such traps made her lean back in the chair. The decrepit thing groaning under the weight as she leaned carefully until she felt it wouldn't support her and stayed put.

The chair swiveling enough to let her catch him pacing on occasion. The same metronome pace not lost on her now. Especially when he switched topics.

"I'd rather try an learn with someone that knows it than regret not trying it." She spoke at him, watching him move about with a grin.

The mention of an advanced form of technique not quite catching her interest just yet as she breathed deep and stood. Gaze falling back to the computer as she prepared the disk to be removed.

"Think I'll stick to the... rudimentary form... if I can learn it." She canted her head slightly as she pulled the disk free and offered it to him. "For the time being. I'll leave this to you. Seems important and well above my pay grade. Or danger level by myself."

"I think teleporting things will be handy." Her gaze still drawn to him as she patted her clothes of dust. "What do you want to start with?"

She wouldn't pursue the topic of Tormynali further, at least not from him since he had pushed the conversation along to training.

2UT5QVI.png

Nathan took it. It would be put to good use.

"I don't blame you for shying away from it. Every last one of those things he made near the end were pure death traps." Nathan said flatly as Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl expressed interest in learning Teleportation.

"We'll start with something...simple first..." Nathan said, noticing a crumbled ball of flimsi.

He reached out and teleported the crumpled ball of trash to his hand. "All things are united in The Force. There is no actual distance between anything, in truth. Every part of the universe is linked, save for Voids where the Force doesn't flow. That is what makes teleportation possible. One could debate endlessly over whether it is the piece of flimsi you are shifting towards you, or you shifting the entire universe to reach the flimsi. But I leave such discussions to philosophers."

Nathan then tossed the disk she had just given him into the air, watched it sail far...and then teleported it back to his hand when it was meters from hitting the ground.

Nathan noticed a discarded combat knife, and teleported it to his hand.

"We could never use telekinesis. That was the trade off. With... exactly one single exception. And we were unable to jump or enhance our speed with the Force as another price. But when you have an ability such as this..."

Nathan turned away from Lossa and threw the knife away from both of them, teleporting it as it spun in the air so that it's new position on reappearing was now sailing directly for Nathan's head from above. Just a few inches before it could touch his skull it disappeared and reappeared, now spin-falling in front of him. He caught it by the hilt, then teleported right next to Lossa, holding out the crumpled ball of flimsi.

"...you arguably don't need them." he finished. "Try just teleporting this ball to you and away from you. Go slow. People who try to learn this can find it extremely taxing to pull off the first time."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
A simple nod to finish their conversation on the waiting death traps on the disk as Nathan pointed out the target of the training.

A grin appearing at the giddy energy she felt about learning the basics of the technique. Her attention now rapt in the words he spoke about the nature of the technique as she blinked and let the majority of it sink in.

A slight downward bow of her grin when he mentioned the nuances being left to the philosophers.

The material was squarely in his hand before the disk was thrown. Her short lived protest outlasted the length of time the disk sailed across the distance before reappearing in his hand. A double take to his hand before trying to keep up with the display of his ability between the knife and it seeming to jump around the room.

Another sharp protest that died in her throat as the knife clattered away and she found him holding out the ball of Flimsi to her.

The twinkle of wonder in her eye about developing the ability anywhere near what he was capable of.

"Yeah. The other abilities seem. Obsolete compared to that." A nod as she cleared her mind. Taking in a deep breath before letting it go.

Her mind surprisingly clear as the Flimsi in his hand became her focus.

The lesson on Dagobah with Master Tiland coming to mind as she let her senses settle and stretch. The living energy around them focusing on the little ball of Flimsi. The urge to simply pull on it. To lift it and move it to her hand strong as the ball wobbled and stuttered.

A slight shake of her head and the wobbling ceased.

Opening her eyes and chewing her lip before a slight click of her tongue took her back into an easier state. Eyes open and focused with her senses stretched. Her expression shifting to mute attention as the ball of Flimsi shook once more.

A slight tilt of her head as her mouth drew tight.

"Come on." A whisper of effort as she continued to focus. Picturing the ball blinking out of existence rather than moving towards her.

A corner of the Flimsi shearing itself off before dissipating.

A small puff of material fizzled into the air above her hand as she inhaled. Blinking as the Flimsi shards fell into her hand. It wasn't quite exhausting. But wasn't a pleasant feeling that settled into her muscles.

"Well. It's. It's a start." Tipping her hand over and shaking her head to focus again.

2UT5QVI.png

"It all depends on how you utilize the ability. Teleportation can be used against you if your opponent is clever enough." Nathan replied, ever unsmiling and formal.

"Plus, there is one glaring weakness: What you teleport always has to go somewhere. And when it's you teleporting, you will always need to reappear somewhere."

Nathan watched as Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl managed to only teleport a small fragment of the flimsi.

"A solid first effort. But remember. Don't brute strength your way. Remember the truth of it. There is no true distance."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

4re2xay.png
The idea of the skill being used against her had been a tertiary thought.

The possibility not escaping her, but brought closer to the front as Nathan mentioned it. A frown appearing as the problems that could present ran through her mind. Shaking them away, she wiped her hands together before taking a steadying breath once more.

"Don't brute it." A soft reminder as she slipped back into focus. Whole body tense as her hand extended and waited.

Mind and Force twining as she blinked and saw without seeing.

The Flimsi rattling once more before settling as another chunk was shorn. Near half of it this time as the whole piece drifted into her hand. Closing her eyes and blowing out the breath before dropping the piece and slipping back into focus.

Her arm burned, the muscles in her back ached, and all she was doing seemed to be standing there.

The feeling of the effort becoming easier, but not whole yet as the Flimsi stayed put, but blinked out before reappearing above her hand. The final chunk flaking at the edges but mostly whole as her hand closed around it.

A slight victory as she grinned.

"Mm. That's. Exhausting." A slight tilt of her head to him. "You make it look effortless."

2UT5QVI.png

"I've had a long time to get it right. I struggled as you did. But you're catching on." Nathan assured Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl . "I'd advise taking a break for a few minutes. Let your brain recover from the strain, take time to register the sensation properly of shifting something from one spot to another."

Nathan began examining the intact journals of Jedi while he let Lossa recover. It was unclear who had burned the rest. Had it been the Sith, intent on annihilating a few remaining fragments of old foes long hated, or the Jedi, determined to keep their secrets from their enemies or just maybe deny them the pleasure of doing it themselves?

"It took weeks to learn how to shift even a piece of crumpled flimsi like what you are doing. I advise focusing strictly on moving objects for now. Small ones."

His eyes fell on an entry written by a Jedi.

Morris proposed to me today, on Ossus.

The old leather bound book fell out of his hand and he stepped back, wanting to be sick.

He had found his wife's journal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom