Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overrated Books/Movies/Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are some popular media you think are overrated, just not as good as other people say?

For me 'The Thin Red Line' does nothing for me. I think it's silly and dull.
Skyfall. While I thought it was enjoyable I didn't think it was great by any means.
Game of Thones. Book and TV series. Very intricate plot, decent characters, good setting. But it just goes on, and on, and on endlessly with little variation.

Louise

here for your dad
I thoroughly enjoy both the TV series and book of Game of Thrones/A Song of Fire and Ice! HOW DARE YOUR OPINION DIFFER FROM MINE.

Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy for me, tho'.

Skyfall was a **** movie, even by Bond standards. Batman Begins was a nice movie, The Dark Knight Rises was cool thanks to Heath Ledger but then Nolan took a big dump on the whole thing with Dark Knight Falls, ugh.

Although I agree with you Teg that Mister Martin does tend to go on and on and on, to the point where you start thinking maybe he is stretching the plot just for some extra cash, but he is such a talented writer that he makes the journey and the plot worth the stretching. I havent been disappointed with a single one of his books and so far Game of thrones is doing a pretty good job too.

Speaking of overrated though, who here likes Harry Potter.

Netherworld

overrated? well, let me be the one to call up the tradizionaltá and flame pretty much everything written and famous originating in the glorious 20th. Every time I read those praised books, I feel like my brain is melting.

Harry Potter is good for its genre, I think. Can't be compared to ASOIAF, say, but for a children's book series, it's in the A class.

Netherworld

because there just isn't enough HP fan fiction. :3

and seriously, the movie epilogue? it was a disaster. especially the horror that was ginny's hair. I swear I died a little that day. >_<

This makes me sad. I like Doctor Who (not these past seven seasons though, everthing before that was pretty cool, and the beginning ones were okay). I'm not sure as to the status of Star Trek, but in my opinion the show/series whatever you want to callit, the whole franchise is just terrible. Anyone with me here or am I the only one on this?

I can't stand Stark Trek's original series. I get what it did, but I have no need to watch it cause it just doesn't stand up against time. Even within Trek it is just not that good. Next Generation is okay and is really carried by Patrick Stewart. Voyager is by far the best for its ongoing story and cohesion.

Who has grown boring over the years.

ASoIaF... I sympathize with why people have problems with it. BUT! It is fantastic. So no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom