Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Place Among The Stars [Galactic Alliance Tier 3 Dominion of the Copperline Hex.]

lq70JcF.jpg
As the Sword had laid the One Sith and their Empire low, the Shadows of the past began to stir. Once thought beaten through the efforts of the many, the insidious Vanguard - bereft of their beloved Leader - had slowly risen from the ashes of their myriad defeats and begun marshaling what remained of their forces on the fringe worlds of the Federation. They were preparing for the end, either their own or that of the Alliance.
Today, as the red sun rises, One would finally find their place among the stars.
xcgMKMK7i.png
“Warmaster,” The word hung heavily in the silence as it slithered past Furion Kade’s thinly pressed lips. Beyond the high-crested glasteel windows, the radiance of distant stars hung in sickly folds of ionic gas and near-invisible fields of dust. Clad in the ebony battle plate of the Imperial Legions, and enthroned upon his basalt throne, the Master of the Vanguard gazed into the darkness of the strategium, seemingly waiting for an answer. “This title,” He whispered, allowing the armor joints of his pauldrons to purr menacingly as he rolled them with casual grace. “It weighs heavily upon my shoulders.” Furion, Kade. Father, Son. Enemy and Friend. All were lost beneath the burden he now bore, rendered insignificant by that one - important - word.

Withdrawing his gaze from the shadows, he turned his fiery gaze towards the blackened iron arms of his command throne. His topaz-flecked eyes danced across the length of the arms, only to fall upon the glittering bronzed hilt of the sheathed sword at his throne’s side. The bejeweled surface of the scabbard was the half the length of an average man, easily eclipsed in the palms of a mighty iron-clad giant. Yet, beneath its immaculate surface lay the forged malice of dreams long forgotten. Silvered steel, honed to a killing point. It bore the name, Stormfury, and was tempered into a Gladius from the heart of a fallen star. He had accepted it from the Lord and Master of the Vanguard, before that man had met his untimely end, leaving him with the sole command of what remained of their combined forces. The ghost of a smile curled upon his lips, as obsidian clad fingers touched the eagle-headed pommel. “The Master never spoke of what it meant, only the boundaries of authority that I dare not cross.” The smile began to fade, as his mind filled with the lingering echoes of the distant past. “A dangerous word to leave unquantified.” As the ashen revenants of an era long denied to him roused themselves from the darkest recesses of his mind, Furion’s lips began to curl into a wolfish snarl. “Perhaps, he sought for me to learn of its meaning. Perhaps, he couldn’t care what such a title meant, as long as it freed him from the burden of command. Perhaps,” He paused, flicking his gaze once more to the canvas of infinite night that lay before him. “Perhaps, he did not know what it meant for his dreams of an Imperium Reborn.”

Furion roused his resting arm from the throne and held it aloft in the broken silence before him. A pillar of holographic light filled the cavernous chamber, bathing his surroundings in the soothing hues of crimson and gold. The silhouettes of men and women materialized in the flickering projection, shouting for allies that would never come, twisting in agony as one by one they were laid low, dying when the relentless advance of the enemy marched atop their still smoking corpses. Their wordless pleas and horrified screams looping over and over, as the thunderous cracks of plasmatic weapons discharged into the cavernous silence. He knows now; Furion said to himself as he nodded in affirmation to his thoughts, as the reflective light of the hololithic display flowed across the liquid bronze of his eyes. “The fire was lit,” He said as the display shifted and changed, morphing from one massacre to the next. “And all that was is cast into the wind.” Furion smiled as the image changed to that of his greatest foe, the one whom he never faced in battle but had heard of through the stories labeled across her many triumphs. “We are committed, you and I,” The armored figure said, stalking forwards to grasp the projected cheek of the disfigured Hapan. “The last dregs of the Vanguard, the tempestuous might of your beloved Federation. We are all bound together in this circle of blood.” His pearlescent teeth glittered darkly as his gauntleted fingers drifted ever closer to the woman’s projected neck. “Your Alliance will fall by my hand!” His armor clicked and whispered, as the sharpened points of his fingers had clenched into a taloned fist. “And in its ashes, shall rise the true Imperium. One not clouded by the machinations of the Sith or those embraced by Chaos’ seductive kiss.”

The hulking figure gestured again, and more cones of holographic light flickered into being, painted the darkness of the chamber with a sickly ruby radiance. Turning into images with blind faces, some screamed with words, blood, or smoldering embers spilling forth from their yawning mouths, while others had droned on in their lifeless, monotonous voices.

“... They’ve broken through…”
“The Sanctuary Pipeline is the Key…”​
“... A Serpent strikes, whilst the Lion sleeps…”​
“Omega has failed…”​
“... is lost…”​

Furion inclined his head, listening as these voices spoke of dreams long dead, and futures unrealized. “All is blood,” the Warmaster whispered, “The howls of change.” He paused, allowing the shrieks of his bound Knights of Ren to wash over his senses. “Anarchy is this Era’s King. We fall apart, and everything the Master has strived so hard for will spill from our fingers - spinning into oblivion.”

“... Despite everything, She lives!”​

As more and more cones of golden crimson life bloom into being, Furion turns from the display before him and watches as the hollow chamber fills with dancing lights, flaunting hundreds of messages from every corner of his imagined Empire.

“...An entire Battlegroup interdicted near Fondor?”​
“The Enemy was waiting for us?...”​

“Belsavis was supposed to burn in silence so that our war could be won without the Alliance knowing. Astarii’s life should’ve been taken, leaving her broken corpse at my feet after Bpfassh.” His tone became more menacing, emanating with the sound of an avalanche rumbling within his armored breast. “Still, failures come tumbling one over the other.” Furion’s anger rose, pouring into his veins like freshly spewn magma from an erupting volcano. “It never ends.” He tried to stem the tide, to force himself to calm, but as he opened the gateway to the pressing tidal wave of emotion - it engulfed the entirety of his being. His taloned fingers slashed outwards, snatching one of the floating projectors within his grasp. Without even blinking, he crushed the stunted droid, scattering it’s broken remains atop the polished obsidian deck.

Sighing heavily, as the simple act of destruction had closed the floodgates surrounding his raging heart, Furion turned his attention to the undulating tide of flickering images. With a splayed gesture of his dust flecked fingers, the throng of conal projections vanished, allowing the silence to blanket the cavernous chamber once more, as the shadows returned to take their rightful place by his side. The Warmaster slowly shook his head, as his molten bronze eyes re-focused upon the throne. It was there, upon its basalt edges, he had seen the ghostly impression of the man that had commanded the entirety of the Vanguard. The hooded figure beckoned that Kade step closer, as he always did during their formative years. Ignoring the urge to relive the glory days, Furion stood his ground, grasping the edge of his scaled cloak to purge his bladed fingers of the droid’s ashen debris. “You would say I listen too much to the paths yet to unfold, that a war fought solely within the shadows was doomed to failure.” He shrugged. “Perhaps you would be right. The Knights of Ren do not see all, and their blindness places the dagger at their own back.” Furion chuckled, as the ghostly figure leaned further into the throne that it had once called it’s own. “Heh, the Sith would not have made such an error. Strange, is it not? That those I had once wished to stand beside me, now stand against me - whilst those that I command, are weak and flawed.” Dropping his gaze from the ghostly figure, and looking into the depthless surface of his armored palm - Furion continued with his sorrowful monologue. “I am a Master of Broken Men.”

Slowly, the Warmaster began to circle the command dais, the sound of his mechanized steps echoing into the blanketed silence. “Which such creatures, I must carve out our future.” His pacing had carried him around the basalt throne thrice before he stopped - reaching out into the dimly lit chamber and fanned his fingers around the hilt of his named Gladius. With an almost menacing ease, he lifted the sheathed sword from it’s resting place, permitting the thin luminescence from the glasteel viewports to dance across the worn metallic scabbard, catching every notch and battle scar. “One battle. A dozen. One Hundred! To bring about a new era. All the certainties of the past torn down. All the beliefs that made them turned to smoldering ashes. War on every front, stretched across the relentless strides of time, until none could know when or where the final blow would be struck.” Withdrawing the blade from its iron scabbard, the sound of embedded whetstones honing the edges as it made its ascent screeching in the silence, Furion cast the bejeweled casing aside and held the Gladius before him. “The Storm rises, only so that the Thunderbolt may fall.” He looked once more to the throne again, shaking his head sadly. His arm relaxed, and the fibrous bundles of artificial muscles lowered the point of Stormfury to the shimmering deck. His eyes shifted, looking past the throne towards the rack that lay beyond. A row of polished skulls dipped in bronze, glared back at him. The hairline fractures that marked their passing were brought to the fore by the molten metallic glaze.

“Perhaps, that was why I was chosen.” He whispered, letting his words dance with the ghostly echoes of those that he had slain just days before. Then, his bronzed eyes hardened into focus, staring at the lifeless sockets of the skull that mounted the center of the display, like the gaze of some unforgiving sovereign. Even reduced to flesh-spare bones and glossy enamel, the Skull seemed to radiance a mocking aura of defiance. “That is what it means, Brother,” Furion said, tightening his grasp over the textured hilt of his blade. “That’s why I was chosen to lead, to bear the title of Warmaster.” Pointing the tip of his blade towards the remains of his fallen comrade, the hulking figure smiled darkly. “That is why I live, and you mount my mantle. For I have the strength, to do what must be done…”

It was then that he turned from his grisly altar, peering out into the infinite ocean of bespeckled night. A shadow loomed just out of sight, announcing its presence to the man shrouded in steel. It was the first of many that had gathered to his flailing banner and should victory be claimed this day; it would not be the last.

Furion turned towards the distant door, scant seconds after the metallic shell had parted. Bathed in the light from the command deck, a Soldier stood with his arm raised in salute. Without waiting to be addressed, knowing the import of the words that spilled forth from his mouth, the Imperial Officer addressed his Warmaster with a tremulous voice.

“The Alliance sir,” He sputtered. “They come!”

With a booming laughter filling the chamber, he turned away from the Officer and dismissed him with a casual wave of his bladed fingers.

“Let them,” The Warmaster said, making a meal of his words. “Let them taste the Fury of my Last Command.”

_______________________________________________________________​
Objective One: His Last Command.

Denied the counsel of his enigmatic leader, Furion Kade, a former Grand Moff within the One Sith Empire and now the Master of the Vanguard has begun mustering his forces in the skies above Bomis Koori IV. Anchored in high orbit, hundreds of sleek Imperial-grey warships await their Lord and Master's command, setting out into the darkness of the empyrean to finally crush the upstart Federation at its source, and slaughter the Scions of Skywalker - ultimately closing the last chapter in that benighted epoch. Stop them at any cost, for if they succeed and destroy all that the Alliance has worked so hard to build - the Only peace we shall ever know is that of the grave…

Objective Two: Copper Sun.

The world of Noe’ha’on was steeped in infamy, for those that called this jungle planet their home were renowned across the galaxy for a culture of slavery. As the Federation’s military had begun to move into the multiple sectors compromising that segment of the universe, though who bore the quill - rather than the sword - would find themselves battling against everything that the Alliance stood against. How would they act when this species had stood the test of time, against all that sought to change their wicked insectoid ways? Would the quill turn once more into the sword, or would this world find itself on the cusp of a cultural revolution?

Objective Three: The Coin of Many Faces.

Kriselist. Eight centuries ago during the apex of the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire had seen fit to teach the rebellious inhabitants a lesson which they would never forget. Dozens of stark white wedges within the clouded skies would bombard the world, glassing much of its surface and turning a majority of the insurgent population to nothing more than ashen echoes. Despite the devastation wrought by their would-be oppressors, the Rebellion survived. As they clambered from the ruins, they were embraced by the loving arms of the Rebel Alliance and slowly rebuilt over the course of that galaxy-spanning conflict. Now, mirroring the events of the past, the Vanguard - rogue elements of the One Sith and the First Order - have scorched the earth with the fury of their warships, leaving the Phoenician world much like it was then. Will the Federation and their beloved allies follow in their ancestor's path, and help the citizens of Kriselist rebuild?

Objective Four: Down the Darkened Path I Wander.

There are many worlds within this segment of space, and many stories yet untold. Settle yourself down by the fire, and tell us all a mighty tale.

Allies: Unknown
Enemies: Unknown
Objective: Rebuild social housing

After their operation on Athos IV where they rebuilt the Shattered Lands jointly with Mara TibX Fuels, Cathul sets out to answer the call for bids made by the Galactic Alliance to effect reconstruction on the planet's devastated landscape. She considered herself a Mandalorian goodwill ambassador so long as she remains in office on Azure. By now there were rumors that Cathul was to purchase a homestead on Malastare and, from there, assumes command of the GAPDP. Provided there still was a GAPDP for Cathul to take command of. IGR provided more properties to the GAPDP when it was still in operation than all other Alliance-based corporations combined. Cathul was no longer a healthcare professional but she still had her business to take care of. Now that they have proven on Azure, Athos IV and Gala that they could build large-scale neighborhoods of social housing, IGR is now more than just a realty company: it also engaged in real estate development and land reclamation. Cathul being a Jedi in all but name helped her maintain the illusion that she was, in fact, a Jedi, if a Mandalorian one. As the IGR team enters the Public Works Reconstruction Committee chamber...

"Come on, deploy the plan, Your Grace!"

"Roger, roger"

"What do you have in store, IGR Brokerage? I hear rumors all the time that Your Grace is going to establish a presence in Alliance territory?"

"For all these years, I have owned IGR Brokerage and maintained all locations open in Alliance space as well as its headquarters on Malastare. Perhaps getting a secondary home on Malastare would appease the tension? Anyhow, it's because we want to reconnect Kriselist to the GMLS as well as rebuilding more social housing on this world"

"What do you have in store today?"

Objective: Establish major Aurora operations in the Kriselist system

"Bloody Vanguard," she said, scowling down at the world below. They just had to go and devastate the place, breaking the infrastructure and all of that. She could understand the morbidly tactical side of things as it would tie up resources in the system to start rebuilding and it meant the Alliance wouldn't have direct access to the resources of the planet and its key location on the Sanctuary Pipeline and its nearness to the Corellian Trade Spine. In that regard, she had decided to establish major operations for Aurora here, to be the main hub for activity in Alliance space for her company.

"They did leave a mess, but there is opportunity," Jaxson said from beside her. "Our ships carrying the yard modules for three of our Crucible-class shipyards are in transit now and teams will be going down to the surface to get some of our droid facilities established here. Did you have anything else in mind, Taeli?"

"I did in fact," Taeli said, turning her attention to a holographic display of the planet. "Research facilities for both our cybernetic division and our bioengineering division here and here." She pointed at each location, highlighting the spots with blue dots. Several red dots were flashing where Jaxson would be going down to set up the droid factories. "Recruit workers locally as usual, and I'll be farming through the planet's listed talent in cybernetics and biotech. We do want some competency after all."

"Of course," Jaxson replied with a dry chuckle before he departed to head to the surface of the world. Transports laden with materials and workers, both organic and droid, were waiting for him and would begin their descent to the planet once he was on board one.

Post 1 - WHERE IS THE LOVE?

Objective: Give Aid to Kriselist

Enemies: Hate
JE5P3Lh.png

Small, slender, fingers curled tightly around the end of an expensive leather armrest, knuckles whitening with stress. The Crown, the vessel that ferried the Empress of Teta and her closest staff and friends, neared the planet of Kriselist with slow, deliberate, speed. The entire atmosphere of the planet was clouded in black, heavy, smoke and still-raging fires that remained from the Base Delta-Zero that had ripped apart the world. A brow furrowed and red lips became two thin lines, but most of all an ache filled the woman's chest. Nobody, no one, would ever give these people back what they lost, the people they knew and loved, the memories they lost in the fires, and she would not have blamed them if they never trusted an outside faction or people ever again. If this had been Teta, if Cinnegar had been struck by this disgusting display of cowardice, there would have been no words, no amount of talks, that could have restrained Lily Kuhn from reaching for everything she had to retaliate.

"Karking disgusting." The empress spat, manicured nails scratching the leather they gripped as she balled that same right hand into a fist - one she lifted and slammed onto the flight desk in front of her command seat. "Who could karking do something like this to an entire planet?" There was no answer for Lily's outburst, raw anger leaking from her words like a broken faucet. She already knew the answer, of course, and it was entirely rhetorical - she simply could not believe that anyone was capable of such true acts of evil. "Nadja please let know the Alliance that we are devoting full focus on bringing aid to the people of Kriselist, and send a message to my father and step-mother - tell them I need any help they can afford to lend." Lily said, never taking her eyes off of the sight of the charred planet. "Yes, Miss Kuhn." Nadja replied, turning to activate a holographic interface. "Are we going to establish a presence above Kriselist, Lily?" Her friend, and assistant, inquired. "If the people of Kriselist will have us, Nadja, we will build a station in the orbit of the planet to ensure they are never hurt this way again - and to act as a gesture of good faith between people once under the thumb of the Sith." She said while Nadja sent the messages she'd been requested to [member="Danger Arceneau"], [member="Alric Kuhn"], and the Alliance.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
KRISELIST
OBJECTIVES ONE AND THREE
  • Objective One: Provide strategic intelligence to the Galactic Alliance re: potential movements or advance elements of the Vanguard fleet at Bomis Koori.
  • Objective Three: Provide customs and law enforcement support for reconstruction efforts on Kriselist.

The Naboo star cruiser RNS Jamillia, like most modern Theed Hangar designs, was named for a historical monarch or public figure. Jamillia had been controversial in her day: she'd accepted huge numbers of refugees, including many of Ajira's own ancestors. Ultimately, her principled stand had made her a one-term queen. The name, then, stood for humanitarian effort, benevolence, and standing for principle over political advantage in the face of controversy. Not a bad way to go for Naboo's first true ship of the line.

Lady Ajira Cardei, a director within Theed Hangar and a retired Omega Protectorate naval captain, was in command of the RNS Jamillia and its Handmaiden-class escorts. In semi-formal Naboo regalia, she matched the bridge and her fellow officers for decorous restraint. Standing on the bridge of a Naboo capital ship was a lot like being in Theed Palace itself, aesthetically speaking. Even urgent messages were conveyed in hushed or at least polite tones.

Two major operations were underway, each requiring Ajira's full attention. The forty police and RNSF officers of the Theed Tactical Peace Officer Unit were descending to Kriselist in four shuttlecraft. So far as Ajira was aware, there were no finer police anywhere in the galaxy. Their role was to provide law enforcement support and security to reconstruction efforts.

Meanwhile, the Jamillia trembled as its multipurpose probe launchers deployed silver streaks, many of them in the general direction of Bomis Koori. SIARC probes aimed for sublight destinations in the far outsystem of Kriselist, beyond the Corellian Trade Spine reversion points, to provide short-term advance warning of hyperspace transit. Elsewhere, farther down the Spine, other Naboo ships were deploying SIARC probes for more comprehensive monitoring. If the Vangaurd moved up the Spine toward Kriselist, the Jamillia and thus the Galactic Alliance would have ample warning and situational awareness. EXPARC probes entered Kriselist orbit for in-depth planetary scanning. SUREC probes leaped to hyperspace in the direction of Bomis Koori. They would stop short of it, though, to examine standard reorientation points on the Spine. Their goal was to detect advance elements or scouts, but not to poke the Nexu by entering the Bomis Koori system itself.

[member="Astarii Saren"]

Kriselist
Objective Three
Firemane/ARGH humanitarian & development mission
(1)

The Ardarvia-class frigate emerged from the blue tunnel of hyperspace, accompanied by a host of ships. Like many Firemane vessels, it was named after an Eldorai deity. In this particular case, its namessake was the Eldorai Goddess of Law, Order and Justice. She was known to be stern and unyielding in the execution of the law, which might be one of the reasons why she appealed to the titian-maned Scion.

Clearly war-scarred Kriselist was a world that deserved justice. Once, many centuries ago, the Galactic Empire had unleashed hellfire upon this world, raining down fire and brimstone and reducing it to a shell of its former self. More recently, the Vanguard had followed into their role model's footsteps. Sadly, such atrocities were far from rare in this grim, bleak galaxy. As the Ardarvia was steered towards the planet, those aboard the bridge could behold the damage that had been done to Kriselist, for the entire atmosphere was clouded by heavy black smoke. The casualties were staggering, an aura of darkness and despair engulfed the world after so many had been silenced in a hailstorm of turbolaser fire.

Siobhan sat in the command seat and gazed upon the ruined planet. Some time ago, she would have felt burning anger at such a horrific act, but after having been through so many wars and seen so many atrocities, she was mostly left with a deep sense of melancholy, though a desire to make the evildoers reap what they sowed remained. Ashira, cast your light upon us, for the night is dark and full of terrors, she thought to herself, though she was not really a believer.

There were ways for Firemane/ARGH to help, which was why they were here. This would largely be an operation for the Abregado-Rae Guild of Hammers, with Firemane providing logistical and financial support, like a big sister helping out her younger sibling.

"You know what the saddest thing is? I've grown used to this. Donanyd, Ahto City twice over, Druckenwell, Kaeshana...the list goes on and on," she remarked, more to herself than to anyone else. "Maerys, do inform the Alliance that we're here to provide aid and support their reconstruction efforts. As a first step, our priorities are the provision of foodstuffs, security and emergency relief."

Her Eldorai assistant, who had a cute librarian look and was thoroughly immune to Siobhan's 'charms', nodded, taking notes. "Understood, Lady. I believe the Guild of Hammers' replication devices and the Iron Chef's MREs can make a real impact here. I've already identified several refugee camps and passed the information on to our teams."

"Good, if the Alliance and Kriselist are agreeable, we can help provide security. Firemane officers can train and equip a militia, ARGH droids can not only protect reconstruction efforts, but help civilians trapped under rubble and so on."

"Do we intend to establish a permanent presence?"

"Perhaps," Siobhan looked pensive. "We could construct a military base for the local government. A planetary defence installation to make sure no one can unleash a holocaust on their planet again, but that's something for the future. We'll set up an outpost, for the time being. Perhaps a Citadel defence station."

"Yes, Your Ladyship. Priestess Eileithya informs me that her group of healers is ready to go." After some negotiationg, the Church of Ashira had agreed to provide a contingent of Priestesses who specialised in the healing arts. They were, on average, the most light-sided members of the clergy.

[member="Astarii Saren"]

ecb98b524c1b87b34d4add8f3ad66159.png

Kriselist
Objective Three
Post 1 for Potential Contract / Sponsorship for Bid on Trade Station Aurek
[ 1]

The commission for aid and reconstruction of Kriselist had spread across the galaxy. Several companies had already come forward to promote their services not only for the reconstruction, but also for trade. Arceneau Trade company came not only to deliver humanitarian aid through the Eve Foundation, but also to construct a large trade station specifically to orbit Kriselist as a base of operations for Alliance and Federation friendly companies.

Browncoat Arms along with Haven shipyards was handling the design and construction, while Mara Tibx & Fuels would bring in an addition of fueling ports. Kriselist was a world right alongside The Santuary Pipeline and the Corelian Trade Spine, making this world vital for Trade. Saffron would be overseeing the construction, but first wanted to ensure that they had plenty of resources. As such, ATC had sent offers to local businesses as well as other partner companies to be secondary contractors.

The plan was not only to make an orbital space station, but also provide smaller atmospheric stations. These would highlight green technology and utilize as much resource-saving energy options.

Arieth zh'Vranthi

Galactic Alliance Ambassador
Objective Three: The Coin of Many Faces.
Aboard Galactic Alliance Dipomatic Vessel the Dawn of Sullust.
| 2 |

Ambassador Arieth zh'Vranthi's had one single objective. To screen and review all the proposals and work conducted by Alliance and Federation friendly companies aiding with the rebuilding of Kriselist or the expansion of its trade. While she would not be directly interacting with the company owners, she would be sending them signed contracts and payments for their work.

Missives would be sent once the completed projects had been sent up for her review. For those looking for sponsorships, larger and broader projects were expected to be produced for the Alliance and her well being. For now, the contracts would be centered around Kriselist. With a flick and switch of her finger, the Ambassador began to review what projects were in production and by whom.

Kriselist
Objective Three
Firemane/ARGH humanitarian & development mission
(2)

It was very rare for Ashiran Priestesses to leave their people and venture into the larger Galaxy. The Eldorai were inherently isolationist and suspicious of outsiders due to a rather troubled history. However, Kaeshana's destruction and the Exodus had been an eye-opening, even humbling experience for many. Without foreign support, their entire race would've been exterminated.

Of course, there were still many amongst Ashira's chldren who spurned contact with outsiders. Priestess Eileithya was not one of them. She'd spent many years in exile, which had shattered many of her preconceptions and racialist prejudices. The Eldorai were Ashira's children, but the Goddess' message was meant for all sentients who were pure of heart and walked in her light. She was a wrathful protector who smote the wicked with holy flame, but also a loving, compassionate mother.

Thus she had led a small congregation of handpicked Eldorai healers into a refugee camp. Her handspun, dark robes fluttered in the breeze of the wind. "Remember, we are here to extend the bounty of the Heavenly Mother, not press our views upon these souls. They have suffered much, so be respectful," she spoke in Eldarai.

They were eventually lead into what passed for a medical centre, after some talk with the authorities. Here various people in distress lay. Eileithya winced slightly, feeling their pain due to her empathy. Patients were divided up as the healers went about their tasks. The first patient she came to was a woman with two broken legs and a severe cut above her eye. "She was buried under rubble when the Vanguard bombed the city," a medic explained.

Eileitya nodded. "Melania, kneel beside me. First, we shall ease her pain. Reach out with your Sciia, sense her anguish and soothe it." A faint light began to blow about as Eileithya set to work. Finally, the injured human fell silent. "Now we shall fix her leg. We cannot heal it instantly, but we can set the bone and ensure there is no infection."

Kriselist
Objective Three
Firemane/ARGH humanitarian and development mission
(3)

Slowly but surely, the Firemane/ARGH corporate alliance was setting up operations on Kriselist. It was largely about the Guild of Hammers, but they could call upon the more substantial resources of the megacorporation Firemane, which was playing an older sister role in that regard.

Eldorai healers and medical droids had been sent to help out in various hospitals and refugee camps. At the same time, the corporation was building both an outpost and distribution centres. MREs would help resolve the food crisis and, hopefully, do their part to avert starvation. The same applied even more to ARGH-designed and manufactured replication devices. These machines had already been put to good use during the reconstruction of Coruscant.

Put simply, they were manufacturing and recycling systems that could take any physical object, such as liquids, gases and solid objects like old refuse, break them down into basic molecules, and then rearrange them back into physical objects, like water, oxygen, weapons, machines, foodstuffs or components. Their production was limited and so the company could only dispatch a few, but they should help. After all, there was plenty of stuff on the benighted, war-ravaged planet that could be recycled. Firemane troops and ARGH droids would provide security.

Within the skeleton outpost, Siobhan oversaw affairs. She was the type to assume direct control and direct things personally. Yes, she was the sort to use that phrase. "So far operations are proceeding well, Countess. We've had a few instances of attempted theft and some rioting, but manageable. Our people knew their ROE."

"Good. Respond with appropriate vigour if convoys get attacked. I don't want things getting out of hand." Desperation could drive people to desperate acts. Security personnel had also been equipped with nonlethal weapons, fortunately.

"I'll let the Commander know. By the way, there's a call from Kriseelist's minister of defence. She'd like a holochat with you when convenient."

Siobhan raised a delicate eyebrow. "I guess the BDZ spooked them. I can't blame them." Hopefully the local government would be able to balance the need to protect the planet with the present humanitarian crisis. These were not easy choices to make. "I'll go talk to her."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Theed Hangar Post 2/5

KRISELIST
OBJECTIVES ONE AND THREE
  • Objective One: Provide strategic intelligence to the Galactic Alliance re: potential movements or advance elements of the Vanguard fleet at Bomis Koori.
  • Objective Three: Provide customs and law enforcement support for reconstruction efforts on Kriselist.
The RNS Jamillia shuddered as another barrage of probes went on their way. This wave was half SUREC -- the Superluminal Reconnaissance Probe Droid -- and SIARC -- the Strategic Intrasystem Active Reconnaissance Probe Droid. The cylindrical probes mated together in pairs, one SUREC to one SIARC. The SIARC itself was not hypercapable, but the SUREC's miniature Bith hyperdrive projected a bubble large enough to hold both probes. By hitching a ride with specially outfitted SURECs, the SIARCs could take up positions all down the Corellian Trade Spine to Bomis Koori. Circles of them surrounded the Spine and the slower, indirect routes called praedia. This tiny chunk of the Spine, for the next day or two, had the same level of monitoring as the ancient Imperial Hyperspace Security Net, or the Mandalorian Clan Rekali's coverage of the few entrances to the Gordian Reach.

Unless taking the longest possible way around, through GA-controlled space, there was now zero chance that the Vanguard could arrive at Kriselist without substantial advance warning.

Meanwhile, the Jamillia received word that the four Royal Naboo Security Force dropships had deployed the tactical police unit on the ground. They had assigned duties related to the security of other reconstruction and humanitarian efforts. Each tactical officer was heavily outfitted with nonlethal weaponry. One in four of them was a trained Force-sensitive, a Lightsider from this tradition or that, and all of them uniformed RNSF personnel of the highest quality.

Objective: Rebuild vehicle factories

"Remember, boss, we are here to deploy a factory whose aim is to build repulsorlift trucks as well as a tank factory"

"As with Geonosis, we'd expect this tank factory to build 12 units a day"

"Do you know anything about how the Alliance deploys tank units, Jessica?" Julie asked Jessica.

"They seem to make spare usage of tanks, and, with these tanks they can sweep minefields, too: Ugohr is at the origin of their entire tank doctrine"

With Charzon gone, the new Design Triumvirate is composed of two of its original members, with the third replaced by Julie. They arrive in a Dennari-class freighter with the initial materiel to produce rotating flails, laser cannons, as well as the Korriban machineguns that the new generation of tanks is to mount and that have the ability to destroy unarmored, as well as vehicles sporting up to 25mm of armor, all the while maintaining their functionality against Sith Lords. The field of rubble in which they land the ship used to be a repulsorlift factory; now Jessica was to begin deploying the tank factory and use her Force-powers to the best of her ability to help in its construction. Mostly Force-pull/push with a pinch of pyrokinesis for welding beams in place. But for the time being, Jessica is just using Force-pull to clear debris. Even though she always have the impression of knowing more about the Force than she had power to use it, it seemed that it wasn't that much of a deal, no more than it was for Julie, as they were both Jedi and Marcia was just a forewoman.

"Here's your chance to show all of us what your space magic can do!" Marcia exclaimed.

"Roger"

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Objective One: His Last Command

Meanwhile,
In one of the Galactic Alliance's ships over Bomis Koori's orbit,

The droid stood in line with other soldiers of the Galactic Alliance, a newly recruited private into their army, wearing the same uniform armor as other troops, except with his iconic black cloak hanging off of his shoulder, that piece of armor he refused to part with. Either way, a sergeant was inspecting the troops before their departure into combat, the small vicious armored Ugnaught officer eyeing the cloak hanging off of the droid with much scorn. He shook his head, deciding to not even take energy deal with it before he squeaked out,

"Alright you FETHS, we will be setting out into combat to deal some justice to those Sith FETHS, so do me proud!"

The troops cheered, HK raised his arms and went,

"Yay. Whoo."

It was all very exciting.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Theed Hangar Post 3/5

KRISELIST
OBJECTIVES ONE AND THREE
The RNS Jamillia served as a central coordination hub for the barrage of incoming probe telemetry. EXPARC, SUREC, and SIARC probes now saturated Kriselist orbital coverage, outsystem toward the Trade Spine, and the Spine itself, all the way up to Bomis Koori. From that massive amount of probe data, the Jamillia produced a coherent picture in real time. A specially rigged holotank on the cruiser's bridge showed pretty much everything, albeit at a distilled level, but the unspecialized holodisplays and instrumentation of other starships could still benefit from the data.

Ajira keyed for a series of tightbeam transmissions to specific vessels within the system, the primary contractors, Alliance authorities, and other notables.

"This is Director General Ajira Cardei aboard the Royal Naboo Ship Jamillia. We've obtained complete probe telemetry of Kriselist, the Corellian Trade Spine, and all other known hyperroutes between here and Bomis Koori. For the duration of Naboo's space operation here, the Jamillia will be transmitting the processed probe telemetry to each of you. You'll now have virtually real-time awareness of the position of any Vanguard scouts, advance elements, or fleet movements in this direction."

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tarissa Cadalthor"] [member="Arieth zh'Vranthi"] [member="Saffron"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Cathul Thuku"] [member="Astarii Saren"]

Kriselist
Objective Three
(4)

After spending an indeterminate but probably substantial amount of time in the refugee camp's medical centre healing patients, Eileithya was in need of a brief reprieve. Her arts, like that of most Ashiran healers, were a combination of Force healing, surgery and traditional medicine such as hermal remedies. Force healing did not replace conventional medicine, it was a supplement to it.

On the way out to catch her breath, she spotted one of her sisters in the faith. "Even the Great Goddess rested on the ninth day, and we are not her," she joked, though the joke fell flat. "You look troubled, Sister Melania." Her tone was soft, considerate.

"It is nothing, Priestess. I am merely tired," the Space Elf replied, though not very convincingly. "All the suffering here is just getting to me. It is like Kaeshana. I used to be certain we were a superior race...but they bleed as we do."

Eileithya nodded. "When the holy scriptures were penned, we believed we were alone in the Galaxy. We've learned many lessons since them, some of them painful. It does not diminish Ashira's truth, but means we must extend her compassion instead of haughtily assuming we're better. She does not love the haughty." It was, sadly, a lesson many Eldorai aristos still needed to learn. Such as the duchess whose account is presently being used.

"I...cannot help but wonder...I'm sorry, Priestess, but if She is all-loving and powerful how can she..."

"Allow suffering and injustice?" Eileithya finished for her.

"I'm a devoted believer in Her and Her children. I do not doubt her majesty."

"You don't have to justify yourself. We cannot know true faith without going through moments of doubt. I've had to wrestle with it, too. She is benevolent and mighty, but she does not rule all. She gave us reason to think for ourselves. Illyria and her demons brought forth evil and many embraced it. 'We must struggle daily against it. 'Blessed are the righteous, the champions of the just'."

She looked outside the window, seeing a few children playing with ARGH-designed toys. Bizarrely, they'd been distributed by a battle droid. This was more than a little disconcerting for the Priestess, who was not comfortable around thinking machines, but the kids seemed happy. The toys were being distributed in various camps and settlements, along with food and medical supplies. Firemane was providing a couple Liorre-class superfreighters to transport cargo to Kirelist. Even in the dark there were still candles of light. "Come on, let us go toil in her vineyard once more."

Kriselist
Objective Three
(5)

The ARGH outpost was taking shape, humanitarian operations were proceeding and by now Siobhan had finished her conversation with Kriseliist's minister of defence and other political and military luminaries. Bottom line, local militia would be equipped by surplus gear from the Company's arsenal and also be backed up by battle droids and military advisers. Thusly, the corporation would help both develop and fortify the planet. Refugees were being supplied with foodstuffs and water produced via the ARGH replication devices. Droids were helping evacuate survivors from disaster zones and clear out ruins.

In addition, the leaders voiced interest in having a defence station in orbit to help protect the planet. Naturally Kriseliist would not be able to fund the construction of a Citadel-class defence station by itself since being bombed from orbit was detrimental to your budget. Moreover, it was unwise to step on the toes of the Galactic Alliance since they might have other ideas. So a message would be sent to the Alliance authorities, extending an offer for Firemane/ARGH to set up a defence station for them.

The Citadel was a powerful defensive station that had originally been built for the Silver Coalition to protect key worlds. Given the fact that Kriseliist was a stone's throw away from First Order territory, it could be useful. While unable to beat a fleet on its own, it was a formidable defence platform. ARGH produced construction droids that could operate in the void of space and inside a planet's orbit, making them ideal for this task.

Director General [member="Ajira Cardei"] would receive a message expressing the Countess' gratitude for her assistance, both in terms of providing strategic intelligence about Vanguard movements and of helping provide security for the reconstruction efforts. Alas, Siobhan was unaware that Ms. Cardei was actually her old frenemy Ashin Varanin.

It would take a long time before Kriseliist was back on its feet and no longer a wasteland. The refugee camps were not ideal habitations. It might be advisable to relocate part of the population. Firemane had freighters that could help in such a task, but it would not be be their call.

[member="Astarii Saren"]

Objective: Rebuild social housing

"What worked on Azure, Gala and, to a lesser extent, Athos IV, was to reserve commercial space on buildings' ground floors, and build a mixture of medium and high-rises, so we will do that here too"

"What about public services?"

"In short, we want neighborhoods to be as self-contained as possible for everything its residents need"

"How many units do you feel IGR is capable of providing?"

"We were able to provide for 100,000 units each on Azure and Gala, so we would be able to provide for at least that many"

By now IGR was more than just a realty company, it was a real estate developer as well as a corporation capable of doing land reclamation. Ugohr would no longer recognize the corporation he founded if he bought it back somehow. Cathul grew the corporation to include other real estate-related activities in horizontal integration. She was pretty satisfied to make the business work, and to see it grow beyond what most would think would be possible for what started out as a realty corporation. Cathul would have to make sure the whole schtick works: such construction on a grand scale would be expensive. She found that Ugohr, while a good realtor, had no interest in expanding beyond that. Because she was a newcomer, and she spent Clan Lok's money on purchasing the 85% share Ugohr got, she felt the responsible thing to do was to expand beyond real estate. But Kriselist needed way more than just 100,000 units of social housing - how many would IGR be willing to provide?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Siobhan Kerrigan said:
Director General Ajira Cardei would receive a message expressing the Countess' gratitude for her assistance, both in terms of providing strategic intelligence about Vanguard movements and of helping provide security for the reconstruction efforts. Alas, Siobhan was unaware that Ms. Cardei was actually her old frenemy Ashin Varanin.
Theed Hangar Post 4/5

KRISELIST
OBJECTIVES ONE AND THREE
  • Objective Three: Provide customs and law enforcement support for reconstruction efforts on Kriselist. Provide in-depth sensor scans of Kriselist for mining and population management purposes.
Countess Kerrigan, in turn, would receive a friendly acknowledgement. It was nice to have one's efforts met with gratitude.

With the probe screens deployed, both insystem and down the hyperlane, Ajira turned the bulk of her attention to monitoring surface efforts. More precisely, she monitored the monitoring. Orbital EXPARC probes beamed in-depth assessments of population distribution and natural resources to the RNS Jamillia. Sophisticated computers and trained Naboo personnel compared the two and projected a series of possible locations for mining operations. Other projections estimated several regions' fitness for long-term habitation, and cross-referenced relevant indicators with current population distribution. The survivors of Kriselist might not be best served by remaining where they were; refugee camps rarely sprang up in optimal locations.

The Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps had no real interest or capabilities in mining or mass relocation, certainly not this far away from Naboo. The same, at a guess, could not be said for the Galactic Alliance, nor for some of the other corporations operating insystem. As part of the contract package, then, Ajira ordered the in-depth sensor data relayed to Galactic Alliance authorities for them to distribute as needed.

[member="Astarii Saren"]

G U I D E
Aboard the GUIDE HQ: Beacon of Broadcast
In orbit over Kriselist​
Objective III: The Coin of Many Faces​
[member="Isaiah Dashiell"] [member="Gabriel Lethe"] [member="Aeshi Tillian"] [member="Veronika Nova"] [member="Iestyn Nova"]​
Objective 1: Coordinate and provide needed humanitarian aid across Kriselist settlements and refugee camps.​
Objective 2: Establish a global network system to enhance communication between settlements during the rehabilitation process. Uplink to orbital projects ([member="Lily Kuhn"]) for early warning raid systems.​
~​
Conference Hall A.

"This isn't our typical M.O.," GUIDE Founder Magdalena Lethe stood before a hall of her various employ, several dozen or so who had volunteered for the mission, and looked out at the myriad faces looking back at her, "we're explorers, cartographers, scientists, pathfinders, diplomats... our services don't normally include endeavors such as humanitarian aid, but our skillsets are broad and our means are plenty. Late last night I received a blanket missive from the Galactic Alliance seeking aid from local companies to restore health and prosperity to the planet of Kriselist. Captain Miet'ra was kind enough to alter our plotted path to the Inner Rim in order to answer the call."

"What we are here to do is offer a helping hand. As many as we can spare. Overnight I have contacted various local benefactors and sponsors of GUIDE and made arrangements for shipments of needed living essentials and goods to be delivered by GUIDE Starnauts. Our Scholars, scientific and medical teams will be sweeping settlements to offer healthcare to those in need. Our Pathfinders will be charged with seeking out areas in need of supplies and relaying lists, coordinates and setting up drop-zones to the Starnauts."

Magda offered a warm but simple smile, "A task for everyone and everyone for a task. If there are no further questions, you have my blessings for launch."

Aerion Ivelisse

A
Objective: Work with the Galactic Alliance Guard.
Allies: Galactic Alliance Guard.
Post One.
[member="Luca Thorne"]

The Jedi Padawan Aerion Ivelisse's assault frigate was travelling to Kriselist. They had good intel to suggest that unwanted persons were on the way to a section of space that the Galactic Alliance was going to be bringing into the fold. Previously, acting as a Jedi Liaison for Captain Jax Hastings of the Fourteenth Fleet, he imagined that something could be figured out so that he could continue to use him as a... Ferrying system of some sort. The GAG was going to need transportation to get from planet to planet.

Especially if Aerion, a... Jedi Investigator as he liked to put it were being sent to places like this, beyond the borders of the Alliance's current borders.

They came out of hyperspace, in orbit of Kriselist. It was time to get down to business, Aerion knew.

The sensor systems located what they were looking for as they came out of hyperspace.

A message would've been sent out across the vast system for multiple companies, specifically those of [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] and to [member="Cathul Thuku"].

Aerion's dry, all business voice came over the comm line after he had been patched through thanks to the communication officer on the bridge. "This is the Galactic Alliance Guard, come in RingoVinda StarYards. IGR Brokerage, reply." Listening silent to the comm line, Aerion watched as the GAG platoon that had been deployed with him were in the hangar, boarding different dropships, and preparing to set out. "Cease activities immediately." The company behind the one that was owned by the Butcher of Korriban couldn't be allowed to operate in Alliance Space. They would not, could not, sponsor such a company. On the other side, IGR Brokerage had not followed its mission statement of benefiting the company.

Measures were being put in place to change the way things were going.

The Galactic Alliance Guard came in heavy handed, Assault Frigate and all, dropships deployed to both of the company's locations on the planet, Aerion's dropship among them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom