Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation: Empire Ascendant (TSA Dominion of the Muunilinst Hex)

DANTOOINE
PRESERVING THE TURKEYS
1/20

The majority of Vizsla assets had no longer been on Dantooine. What remained of the clan's trace on the planet was the previous Mandalore's breeding ground for turkeys.

War turkeys. That's right.

Jaig had come to visit it at the right time. When a bunch of Sith were rolling their armada on the ground.

Standing still on a vantage point, Jaig observed through his helmets' integrated macro binoculars the nearby farming settlement as Sith troopers surrounded it.

<They are amassing mainly around the Jedi Temple > A Mandalorian voice came through his comm channels. There were a couple of them laying in cover observing what was going on. Their own compound was a few clicks away from here.

<Farmers don't look too happy with the Sith. You seeing that?> Another voice came in reporting.

<Yeah, I'm seeing that.> The former scout's voice patched in again. <Jaig, what do you think?>

Silence.

<We leave the Jedi to their fate. Keep watch over the farmers for now.> Jaig replied coldly.

<Affirmative.>

<Copy that, vod. >

[member="Satia"]​

Bjorg The Traitor

B
Objective: Don't destroy the jedi temple apprently, just kill everyone in it.
Allies: TSA @Satia @Lark @Serenity Loveheart [member="Krest"]

I entered the old and desolate temple, me and my squad began to secure the area, at first of course we thought it was secure, why any jedi would dwell in these crept ruins was beyond anyone, this was place was even beyond scavenging, it was old, rotten, anything that could of been stolen was stolen, anything that could of been destroyed, was destroyed, this place is nothing but a empty husk, yet we was unfortunately greeted with a new reality. We had our guns high, our lights on and yet some how 'it' caught us of guard, what ever it was it came out of the darkness, with a rapid fury, piercing it's fleshy bony "claws" which looked more like deformed spears into one of my comrades, he had the decently and self respect not to scream, as we fired into the beast with a vengeful rage, putting it down quickly. At that moment we had become alert, our senses heighten by the threat, and yet more came. We saw them in their darkness, blaster bolts erupted what had become a fairly and simple mission started into a violent and chaotic blood bath, on one note I was almost certain there were no Jedi here, but on another there were certainly lots of these bugs.

The fighting got more desperate, they kept on coming in droves, we was backed up to a corner, we had lost quite a few already, I knew that the only way to save me and my renaming comrades was to go on the offensive, regroup and destroy these scum in a more organized and aggressive manner. I got out my Dire Vibroblade, charging the ranks of these creatures head on, my blade cutting into these creatures easily, effortless, as blood and flesh tore and broke me and my men finally escaped that room, in our moment of peace I took this small time to talk into my comlink, "This is Bjorg, my squad took heavy causalities, where are the rest of you, over." I looked out into the darkness, the sounds of bugs moving gave me a eerie fear, I felt as if they were crawling into my skin, burring deep into my flesh and consume me within, this thought would remain with me for the rest of this mission I think.

OPERATION: EMPIRE ASCENDANT

In orbit above Mygeeto

The final ship moved into position, and the noose was now flung around the planet's neck. The Warmaster's current command ship, the Ascendant, was poised directly above Jygat with its bow pointed directly at the city's center. Against the backdrop of the distant sun it was as if a knife were about to plunge deep into the planet's crust, but the Ascendant was but a single component of a something greater. Each ship comprised the segment of a mighty blade eager to come down like a guillotine.

It was the blade of fate, and it hung precariously over Mygeeto.

On the Ascendant's bridge the Warmaster watched each piece move into place on the chessboard of his own design. [member="Darth Prazutis"] had moved in and was securing Jygat with the Blackblade Guard as Lord [member="Ignus"] confronted the Muun Council at Muunilinst, and while the Warmaster expected that the Muuns wouldn't take kindly to having such indignities inflicted upon them he anticipated that they would cower before the clenched fist of the Sith Ascendancy.

If not?

Well, the Warmaster had no qualms in consigning tens of thousands of souls to oblivion, their deaths would be on the Muun's conscience.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
​Location: Dantooine {Farming Settlement}
​Objective: Recruit Farmers Union
Allies: [member="Krest"] l [member="Serenity Loveheart"] l [member="Darth Raxis"] l [member="Bjorg The Traitor"]
​Enemies: Still Cooked Meat

​The lapsing of time dragged tediously by, tugging at my impatient nature. Finally, everything was coming to together when the last representative from another settlement showed up, scowling all the way toward our make-shift forum in one of the metal barns. ​"Greetings. I am Satia," ​I said cutting him off before he could say something that would anger me, I was already struggling with keeping my annoyance from turning into something tragic that could potentially befall these old men. Since I was told to be diplomatic, I left 'The Cruel' from my name, there was no need to put them on more edge than they already where; they didn't trust me now, no need to add to this distrust.

​"You've all been called to this meeting to discuss a proposal handed down to you by my superiors." The newcomer, apparently the head spokesmen for the Farmers Union, asked, "Who is it exactly do you represent?" ​There was no cause to lie to them, since most, if not all, had already taken notice of the hilt hanging down from my sash. And with the manner how I, along with my small force, arrived to the settlement, they were wise enough to deduce I didn't represent the Jedi Order or any of their associates. ​"The Sith Ascendancy."

​"The Sith." He spat at the ground near my feet whilst staring into my eyes. I had to give him some respect, he kept his fear in check. "Amusing," ​I responded, holding myself back from snapping his neck and feasting off his flesh. ​"I am well aware how Dantooine has fared over the centuries under the Sith's presence in the galaxy, but as you must have taken in, I came here peacefully, not on the wings of conquering. The fact I haven't responded to your rudeness," I paused pointing to his spit, ​"Proves that all stories about the Sith are unfounded. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong. The Jedi Temple here on Danootine, was that not a beacon my ancestors destroyed once, because the Jedi brought war to the Datooine's homefront; thus leading to my questions."

​"Dantooine has suffered over the past couple of years, no? If the Jedi didn't care about abandoning their sacred temple, why would they care about your plight? Speaking of Jedi, where are they? Why haven't these supposed champions of the people come to ease your suffering? Clearly it seems to me, that they rather wage war and strife rather than aid the people of struggling worlds. The Sith Ascendancy vows to fill the void the Jedi abandoned."

​I fell silent. The next passing minutes there was no sound but the heavy breathing of the old men. The leader glanced at each of the other members of the Farmers Union, each one nodding their ripe and aged melons they called heads. Turning back to me, he said, ​"Let's hear this proposal."

[member="Jaig Vizsla"]

Dominion Post header: Had a few drinks and couldn't care less tbh. Also post 3.

"I love you too, and I would love to talk about it, but I promised some friends to corrupt a jedi temple first."

The mental message was delivered with a certain sense of humor that still could be seen through the strange, and rather inhuman sound of his new voice. He hadn't really lost himself in his new form as he had expected, but while he still cared for the things that mattered to him as a human his scope, his view on time and the galaxy had changed drastically. In his mind he had seen a million and one versions of the future and the child he was going to have with [member="Miss Blonde"], and all versions in which he was an absent father ended dark. So while not a completely logical decision, even his current, transcendent self preferred the timelines in which he wasn't spending all his time being an uncaring force entity serving at eh both devourer and guardian of knowledge.

Not only were there a lot of personal drawbacks to that version of Abyss, but the utterly inhuman version of the Mindeater completely lost his dedication. Without the hint of humanity he was no longer sith, the constant struggle to be both man and godlike forced him to seek another step of evolution. Without it he simply became stagnant, losing the will to change and adapt that made him sith in the first place.

Close to the entrance into the atmosphere, Abyss pushed his metal body of the stone he traveled on. The asteroid would burn and break apart anyway, and he wanted his entrance to be a silent as possible. After all that was the idea behind being a man of steel riding an asteroid towards a planet. In any other case falling down in a ship would still be the better option, even if didn't needed any comfort anymore.

Once he had pushed through the sphere of air and gas that allowed the people on the surface to breath, Abyss began a rapid fall towards the ground, parts of his new body in a burned black from entering the atmosphere. His metal body came closer and closer to the ground, but before it could blast a hole into the jedi world he opened up his arms and summoned the force, descending down the way to the surface in a slow and controlled speed, only for his legs to leave no sound when they touched the ground.

The ruins of the temple where near, as where his allies [member="Krest"], [member="Serenity Loveheart"] or rather Darth Mara as well as a few others.

[member="Darth Raxis"] [member="Satia"] @Bjorg The Traitor

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Objective: Keeping friends close, enemies closer
Nearby: [member="Ignus"]

One might normally think that a scholarly type such as Antherion would prefer to travel with the larger raiding party, to Dantooine. Plunder the relics of the Jedi, have an all around good time. They would in most cases be right, but Antherion had already combed the surface of Dantooine just a few weeks ago. He had partaken in unholy invocations of powers even he did not fully understand, and watched in the Force as they wove pattern and form. He partook in the burning of screaming unbelievers, and ate of their flesh alongside priests and witch doctors. He had seen higher planes unfold in front of his very eyes and taint the earth. In other words, fun times.

But secondly, there was no way whatsoever that he was going down to Dantooine when he could sense his presence on that wretched planet. Or perhaps he should say 'it'. Whatever it was, he was not going to drop by an avowed enemy just to check and see if he cares enough about the Ascendancy to not start a battle that both had every reason to continue to the death.

So instead, the Sith walked the clean halls of the spaceport, his shoes' heels clacking against the surfaced floor. He had clad himself in slim-fitting black robes of shimmering fabric that clung close to his skin and went high along his neck, covering his cybernetic enhancements, but not his deathly pallor. Around his neck was a silvery chain of songsteel, and and he wore various rings with precious stones that caught the light and shimmered. For all his debt, he had accrued a number of somewhat luxurious accommodations.

He didn't feel right in calling himself a representative of the government of the Ascendancy, but he would lobby on their behalf, and represent his own business interests. He had loans to repay, or bypass, and both of those were dependent on a thriving Sith governance to seed his company with growth. More importantly, he had matters to discuss with a man he had discovered to be the Darth Ignus. Matters of world-shaking (or making) importance.

DANTOOINE
PRESERVING THE TURKEYS
2/20

Jaig had activated the aural amplifier within his helmet to be able to hear what was being said in the farmer's gathering. Specifically what one woman was saying.

She seemed to be the leader of the troops and by the looks of her, Jaig concluded she was a Sith.

<Sith.>

<Yeah, I see her. Jaig?>

<Have you got her on scope?>

<I do, vod but can't risk a shot without killing a farmer.>

Jaig remained silent over the comm before he came up with a plan. The farmers had been beneficial to the Mandalorians throughout their stay on Dantooine. He wondered what the Sith had in mind.

<I'm going there.> The Vizsla finally said as he stood up from his cover in the bushes and headed towards the settlement that was nearly 100-200 yards away.

<Wait what? Why?>

He did not reply. He was obliged to no explanation. They just had to keep his back safe just in case.

[member="Satia"]​

Muunilinst, High Port Space Center

Their shuttle descended and landed. The Fury's circled once to make sure all was clear before ascending again to their rightful place in space. Once the shuttle was landed, and after he made sure that the guard were all moving out, he reached down and gave Mae's leg a squeeze of reassurance, both for him and her, and rose himself to follow them out. The Muun worked with numerous governments throughout the galaxy. It wouldn't be abnormal for them to receive a semi-hostile party such as the one arriving from the Ascendancy. As such, it was of no surprise that there was no one there to meet them. They were only at the Space Center after all.

"From here we utilize the skyhook to reach the city."

Once Mae was secure in her position, he would turn and start heading into the spaceport proper to lead them in the direction of the skyhook. In the meanwhile, he did feel a somewhat familiar presence moving ahead of them. He'd felt it a few times before, both at the party on Bastion and when he'd visited Criton's Point.

Antherion. Taking some initiative, are we? his voice would call out through the Force to the man. If you would be so kind as to deal with the banking guild, it would take a load off my shoulders. I'll be going to deal with the council proper.

There was no need for them to delay in doing the same tasks, after all. Between the two, the endeavor to work on the Council took more priority with him. So went the Council, so usually went the banking guild. If the Council was in their favor, the banking guild would more than likely look favorably on loans to the Ascendancy. But it was best to approach both, which he'd intended on doing himself. However, why work twice as hard when unnecessary? [member="Antherion"] was bright enough to undertake such a task after all.

They approached the hook a while after Antherion would have, provided he didn't stop off somewhere in the meantime. Shortly they would be at their destination, and the real work would begin. He glanced at [member="Maelasi Eramar"] to make sure everything was fine in her eyes, and then continued onward.

[Post 2/20]

Objective:
Muunilinst, a diplomatic foray into the heart of the Muun financial empire. Mygeeto is under Muun control, and will be held as hostage in our negotiations, but the Muun are to be treated with respect, as potential allies rather than as subjugated slaves. These efforts to be led by Ignus.

When the shuttle touched down, Mae watched as the unit left ahead of them led by Captain Tarz. She felt the gentle squeeze of reassurance from Leos, before giving a slight nod of her head and a smile that lingered for but a moment. As she rose it disappeared, she could not allow their men to see her at ease right now, it would give off the wrong impression. Our men. Definitely not something I thought I'd be saying any time soon.

The Vermilion Guard were at her command, and while they alleviated much of her responsibilities she did not let it get to her head. It was all well and good to have an extra set of eyes, but Leos was her responsibility at the end of the day. Still she wouldn't turn down trained men.

Upon emerging from the vessel she gave one sharp nod to the Captain and they parted ways for Leos to pass, before moving into position to flank behind him. Maelasi stayed just one step behind him, closer to their Lord but only just. While there was only so much of the City in sight, deep down she relished the sight of it. Quite breathtaking really.

She had of course noticed the slight. No muun were waiting to greet them. Like cowards they hid away, waiting for the predators to break down their doors... No door busting today, Maelasi. Let Leos handle this.

Through the spaceport they ventured, a fine group if every she saw one, not one single member of the Guard was out of step, until they finally reached the skyhook. Leos turned to look back at her, though her attention was on the immediate City around them. She didn't sense anything off, but they were not close enough to the Council yet for that to mean anything.

One further nod of her head, and the group continued on their way. No doubt by now the Council had convened and were expecting them.

Objective: Clear out Jedi influence.
Allies: TSA [member="Satia"] , [member="Darth Abyss"] [member="Bjorg The Traitor"] [member="Darth Raxis"] [member="Lark"] [member="Serenity Loveheart"]
Enemies: Any remaining Jedi/Tomb raiders.

"Go and regroup the squads. Bjorg and his unit seem to be under fire, so help him clear the bugs out. I'll be handling the Jedi." The Zabrak didn't turn his gaze back to Lark as he spoke, instead turning his attention to the woman beside him. "My dear, I have no intention of destroying this temple. Just driving out any who would stand in our way. This has been neutral space long enough that someone might of gotten the wrong idea. If you'd like, you can join me in removing these sheep."

And with that Krest left to find Loveheart and the library to deal with the Jedi that are left. The Sith walked through the halls to where the girl was, finding her simply by listening to the blasterfire. She had droids though? Interesting. "How many Jedi are there?"

[2/20]
Dantooine
In an effort to secure our agricultural stability, Dantooine will be taken by a small Sith/NFU strikeforce, with particular attention taken to the former Jedi Temple on the planet: this to be destroyed, the foundations levelled for a new Sith Temple to be constructed on the surface.

Objective: Kill the Jedi
Allies: [member="Darth Abyss"], [member="Krest"], [member="Satia"], [member="Bjorg the Traitor], [member="Darth Raxis"], [member="LARK"]
Enemies: Resistance
Equipment:

"At-.. least... four." Still clearly struggling in an attempt to stop the blaster fire from hitting her, finally, one scraped her shoulder and she turned in fury to the droids. "Can you not hit the enemy?" Stunned, they froze up and looked at eachother with the remaining fire thudding into walls and books, sending pages scattering across the library. Seeing this as an opportunity, the four began to advance on her.

"You Sith will not be victorious here today." As his blade came rushing towards her chest. "Behind you!" The droid spoke, and in a flash she turned around and riposted the blade into the air, "Oh well at least you're useful for something, now shoot him." Perhaps the man was shocked by her speed, but regardless, he received a thorough amount of fire into his body, ending his life. He tried his best, he really did, in fact, he was probably the most experienced in the group, managing to shutdown 3 of the droids before being overpowered.

In anguish, the remaining Jedi attempted to rush at her, although sloppy in their movements, the 3 forced her to stumble to the ground with their sabers pointed directly at her face. The droids chose not to fire, as to not provoke them to ending their commanders life. Sort of in a stalemate now, if either moved, the other would immediately destroy them. So they stood motionless for some time.

"Give. Up." In the back of the room, there was more scuttling of smaller figures, perhaps padawans in training, too young to defend themselves.

Muunilinst, Harnaidan

They descended via the skyhook towards the impressive city below. He stood looking out the viewport as they drew ever closer to it. Though he knew Mae wouldn't like it, as it might make an easy shot for a sniper, he wasn't yet worried about whether or not someone would take a shot. Besides, he was pretty sure the glass was strong enough to resist it considering how thick it was. Beneath them was the sprawl of the city. Muun were interesting beings with their giant heads and pale skin. He'd never actually met one in person before, but he'd done his research on them, and knew they would likely try to play mind games with him. Silly creatures.

When they stopped, he waited for the Guard and Mae and then disembarked, making their way to the hall where he had no doubt the Council was convened. If they hadn't convened because of Mygeeto, they would no doubt have done so in response to the arrival of a war fleet in their system. Albeit said fleet hadn't fired a shot at them, it was no less imposing.

The council building was massive. Not quite as large as the Banking Clan's towers, but it was still impressive. It also housed the more important of the two for this particular endeavor, though it was arguable that the other was far more important in the long run. They approached the council building with little trouble, and entered with the same. He walked right past the receptionist without a word, though she certainly interjected loudly enough. Further along they went, down the hall, until he pushed open the council chamber doors. It was infested with people, both Muun and others alike. There were a fair few guards there as well.

"So they've come then. Guard's, seize them!"

One of the Muun at the center had taken a special note of their entrance, as if ready and waiting for it. Leos stopped and glanced back at Mae.

"Don't kill them, Mae. Just subdue them."

He knew she'd know how to handle it, especially with the crimson clad Vermilion Guard with her. All trained soldiers with exceptional skill, with a skilled Sith at their helm. The poor Muun guard were heavily outmatched in this scenario. They just didn't know it.

[member="Maelasi Eramar"]
[Post 3/20]

Objective:
Muunilinst, a diplomatic foray into the heart of the Muun financial empire. Mygeeto is under Muun control, and will be held as hostage in our negotiations, but the Muun are to be treated with respect, as potential allies rather than as subjugated slaves. These efforts to be led by Ignus.

Location: Muunilinst Council Tower, Alongside [member='Ignus']

"Captain Tarz, keep sharp. I have a bad feeling about this."

They had neared the Council Tower after descending along the skyhook, and now the hairs on the back of her neck were beginning to prickle with discomfort. Something felt off, and while she sensed no onlookers from above, no sniper with them locked in their sights, she knew that they were in fact being watched. It was a hunch she got, and it was very rarely wrong.

She made a subtle gesture with her hand, and the Guard broke in two. Half fell into step behind her, the other half remained at Tarz's beck and call. Another gesture, and each took up a blaster set to stun. Though they kept them out of sight. Covert was necessary, who knew what they'd be walking in on.

Hopefully just a Council meeting. Nothing more.

Best to remain safe. For all of their sakes.

Of course Leos would have no idea about any of this; he might have sensed the shift in formation, but even Maelasi's orders to Tarz were telepathically communicated - something the Captain had simply had to get used to. No sense in making him feel as on edge as they were. He had to remain cool and calm.

They had not gone more than two steps into the room when the Speaker of the Council raised his voice. Several Muun guards turned their attentions to the entourage, quickly raising their weapons.

A very subtle tilt of her head was all that the Vermilion Guard needed. The two who had followed her broke off to the right, while Tarz and his duo shifted to the left. Maelasi held one hand up, pausing them once they had raised their blasters to take aim, and stared straight at the Speaker.

"Order your men to stand down immediately."

They had two choices. Comply with her demand, or face excruciating pain that would incapacitate as many of them as it took. While the Vermilion would ideally wait for her signal, should any of the Muun so much as flex their trigger finger they'd find themselves swiftly shot down.

Rick Kaloo

R
1/20

Dantooine
Objective: Provide cover for the ground forces and prevent reinforcements from entering the system.
Allies: [member="Darth Abyss"] | [member="Krest"] | [member="Satia"] | [member="Bjorg The Traitor "]| [member="Darth Raxis"] | [member="Lark"]
Enemies: Jedi or any reinforcements

The Monogator had positioned itself above the Temple, in Dantooine's orbit. The ship's engines faced the planet, and its bow faced outward. If any reinforcements were to come, they would have to go through Rakkus.

On the command bridge, officers were at work stabilizing the ship. Power would be focused to arament and defenses. The Monogator's squadron of starfighters would go near the rear of the ship to cover the weak spot. The ship's engines came to a halt, and the ship silently orbited Dantooine.

Muunilinst, Muun Council Chambers

She impressed him with her precision. It was as if she'd expected such an event to befall them from the very beginning. To be fair, it had likely been destined as such. The Muun weren't stupid. If they could take a retaliatory bargaining chip into their possession they would gladly do so. But they hadn't planned it out well enough. Mae was more than capable of doing her job, and the Guard had moved with perfect precision, leveling their weapons on the approaching Muun nearly instantly. It was, as one would say, a standoff, but a standoff in their favor, as they could wield the Force, but he felt none among them who could.

The Speaker hesitated. He hadn't been expecting such a response, clearly. And his guards were doomed if they tried to follow through. He could call for more of them, but he was also dealing with Sith and he wasn't stupid enough to try that.

"Stand down," the Muun said after a few moments.

The troops lowered their weapons and Leos stepped forward.

"Tell them to leave."

The Muun balked at this, shaking his head that he had no intention of doing so. Leos reached through the Force and pushed the door open behind him, slamming it into the walls outside, which surprised more than a few of the individuals within the room. The Speaker nearly jumped out of his seat at the noise, and he began sweating profusely before he nodded his head and the guards, hesitantly, moved to vacate the chamber. Once they were gone, the door shut again, and Leos straightened once more and approached them yet again. His eyes searched over each of them in turn, studying their features.

He paid little mind to Mae at this point, more than confident that she had his back if things went south.

"You no doubt are aware of the situation that Mygeeto finds itself in. My name is Ignus. I'm here on behalf of the Ascendancy to give you an offer. Join us, and retain autonomy while assisting us, or Mygeeto will fall. It's fairly simple, really. Work with us, and maintain business as usual, or don't and reap the consequences. You decide."

[Post 4/20]

Operation: Empire Ascendant
Objective: Blockade Mygeeto, threaten the Locals
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"], [member="Darth Prazutis"],

A time of Sith needed to return to the Galaxy. A group that could challenge the growing Jedi who flooded the Galaxy. Proposing the promise of peace and justice. There were many reasons why they sought this out. Their influence was strong over any who dared to believe in the brainwashing teachings they partook of. Their minds were foolishly allowing for the freedom of individuals who felt that the Galaxy owed them.

They were not deserving.

It was our job to remind them of such things. It was my job to remind them the pain of real life. Of real justice. As many Sith stated, "Peace is a lie." Here it is very much so. Beings were always going to argue and bicker over trivial things. We are bringing them the factual information of such things. Fear would be a tool that is greatly needed today. One to show the people of Mygeeto that we are no simple movement. We are not children play with toys. We are a force to acknowledge.

With the ships exploding out of hyperspace, the commands were thrown to commence the operation. With a glee in my heart, I commanded the pilot upon my ship to take us out. Unlike the other transports that were being sent out, filled to the brim with soldiers to be on the ground. Mine was filled with the behemoth of a beast. Nemesis was no such being to take for granted. Her form had grown over the years. Her talons grew long, and her teeth sharp.

Her growling within the pod was due to being cramped within the ship we were provided. She wanted the freedom of the air. The ability to breath. Here, she was not given such liberties. Upon her back was a simple saddle upon which I could ride. She would refuse anyone else to let upon her back. Kinta, my apprentice sat in one of the seats, cleaning her lightsaber in preparation for what was to come. As we exited the hangar bays of the various vessels, we were brought between the space of our own fleet, and that of the planet below.

Passing the line of ships that would be dogfighting within the skies, and the atmosphere of the planet, The Dropships would make it upon the planet below. While taking a few hits along the way from other fighters, We landed.

The dropship opened up with Nemesis crawling out as fast as she could. Troops already raising their weapons. Preparing to fire upon her before she could even breathe. It was with my connection to her through the force, that I spoke to her.

"Let them taste your rage."

Her superior scaled hide protected her from the blaster fire that aimed to destroy her. After getting out after her enormous frame. I smiled as her growl shaped into a full blown roar. Her anger fueled her power. Rearing up, I could hear a sharp but long intake of breath as she released a wall of flame into the air, and brought the torrent down towards the ground level. Aimed at them, enough to burn the fauna and reach just in front of their ranks.

"Cease your fire! I come on behalf of the Sith Ascendancy. Hold your weapons, and we will not fire upon you!"

There was a silence upon the troops. Continuing as I brought forward myself to stand before the red scaled dragon. The flames that had been used to kill the troopers.

"Bring me to your officials. We are blockading your planet as we stand here. Do as the Ascendancy requests, or face the consequences of our Warmaster."

Maybe the threat of beasts, and orbital bombardment could get the people to realize that we are not playing with them, nor making threats. No. We make promises.

Objective:

Location: Muunilinst Council Hall, Alongside [member='Ignus']

Her hand did not move, not even an inch. She held it aloft for both Muun and Mirialan alike to see, like a guillotine ready to execute the command. Likewise, Maelasi did not waver. Not in her gaze, nor the angle of her perfectly postured body, she did not look toward any save the Speaker though her senses were stretched around the room for signs of dissent.

After what felt like an eternal stalemate, the Muun finally saw sense and commanded his men to stand down. By contrast, Maelasi still did not call off her men. She still kept her hand raised for the time being.

Leos demanded that beyond their disarming, all of the Muun Guard should leave the room. When the Speaker scoffed the doors across the room from them slammed open with unseen hands, causing fear among the crowd. Several Muun rose in objection, prompting a very firm "Remain seated" from Maelasi. Her voice cut through the commotion, silencing them as the Guards left. Only then did she lower her hand, slowly, and her men stood at ease.

They did not replace their blasters to their belt, however. The Muun had lost their right to sit and listen in blissful ignorance of what the Vermilion Guard held against them.

Eyes fixed ahead, still set upon the Speaker though he had lost most of the regal dignity he had held over the other Councilmen, Maelasi remained keen eyed while Leos began to lay out his terms. Hopefully there would be no more distractions.

Muunilinst, Muun Council Chambers

"We are aware that a blockade has been put in place, yes."

The Speaker was still sweating, and seemed more than a little nervous, but he retained enough presence, still, to only indicate that the planet was blockaded, not besieged. They weren't just going to instantly acquiesce to working for the Ascendancy. These were the Muun. They were ever independent players, even when their world was controlled by another government, such as the Empire. That was why they'd had to blockage Mygeeto in the first place. They needed that playing card on the table if they were going to be successful. Add in the fact that said blockade was being run by one Kaine Zambrano, and it was all the better.

"It is. Would you like to know who is in charge of that blockade?"

"I suppose," the Muun said, sounding dismissive.

The other Muun had all sat down as a result of Mae telling them to do so.

"The commander of the blockade fleet is Lord Carnifex, the Butcher King of Panatha."

If a Muun's face could get any paler it would have. The Speaker's mouth fell open, and he showed obvious fear at knowing this. The others began to murmur among themselves, and heads were huddled together as whispered words were shared. His orange eyes drifted from one to the next until he saw them all and then moved back to the Speaker. Despise this revelation, and the obvious fear that the Muun felt, he gulped and shook his head.

"It means little to me who is in charge. You won't act on it and we will not be threatened."

His eyes moved further among them, searching. One was twisting fingers together under the table. Another was tapping his foot incessantly. All were sweating profusely though he felt no hotter than normal within the room. Each of them stank of fear. Something was clearly wrong with this situation. Kaine's name should have been enough, coupled with the presence of the warships, to get them to roll over. But it wasn't working. This was Mae's department, however, not his, and he never let his eyes waiver from those in front of him at the council table. He made them think he was formulating his response by lifting his finger to tap at his lips, but really, he was sending his thoughts to Mae.

Something is wrong. They should have buckled there but they haven't. Look at them waiver. The fear. We're in danger.

[member="Antherion"]

[Post 5/20]

Objective:

Location: Muunilinst Council Hall, Alongside [member='Ignus']

She watched the expression of the Speaker as a whole array of emotions flooded his face, he was trying to seem strong, unphased, but she read beneath the surface and realized he was anything but. Not enough to hang him for, so to speak, but intriguing enough that she pressed just a little bit to try and dig under his skin, prying.

Nothing showed on her neutral expression, devoid of emotions unlike the Muun. She did not even slightly break a sweat, so subtle and small were her prods, feather light. The fool wouldn't even notice it.

But there was little to glean. To begin with.

When Leos made mention of the Butcher King for a moment the Speaker's world came tumbling down, and she could see within him a conflict. He was weighing their threat against... There is something more going on here...

Could it be that another had apprehended the Muun ahead of them? Not just weeks or months prior, but... Surely not?

Maelasi was not a strong enough Force User to gather any more from him, so she pulled back and focused on the Muun at large. They were murmuring among themselves... She could not allow them to stir the pot any more than they already were, they would tip the scales within the Speaker's mind. She wanted him weighing toward their side, not this unseen foe.

She lifted her own blaster and shot one round into the air. The sound was earsplitting, and while nobody was hurt the Councilmen winced regardless and quieted their voices. Maelasi left it pointing skyward for a little longer than was actually necessary, turning her gaze away from the Speaker to the rest of them in one slow sweep across the room. Her expression remained unchanged, stoic and immobile in its path.

Finally she lowered it, setting it back to her belt where it belonged. Truth be told had she ignited her lightsaber it might have elicited a stronger response, but the blade could not be instantly controlled in terms of intensity the way that the blaster could, and she wasn't here to lop off heads. No, the blaster would have to do for now.

Behind Leos and Mae the Vermilion Guard took one step forward and lifted their blasters. They did not aim them at the Muun, yet, but where before they had been lowered from sight again now they were in full view.

There is something more going on here, Sir. I cannot interpret what, but someone is holding something over the Council.

Dantooine
Ascendancy Landing Zone, 20km beyond the Jedi Temple.
Post 2/20

Judging by reports flowing in from the operations ongoing around Dantooine, the Sith had already made contact with the former Jedi Temple and were in the process of their exploration. Tirdarius was displeased to hear that the place was now infested with Kinrath, but that simply served as continuing evidence of the diminished nature of the Light within the facility: for such pests to make a home in such a place spoke only to the fact that what little influence the Jedi had here was long gone.

By now, [member="Ignus"] and the rest of the Sith delegation would have made contact with the Muun, working to negotiate Muunilist's entry into the Ascendancy, along with Mygeeto, which the Muun controlled financially and politically, but lacked the sort of military firepower needed to protect it in terms of sheer force. A mistake I imagine they will rue when they discover Kaine's blockade of the system. Dantooine was the third prong of the Ascendancy's move into the sector: an opportunity for them to claim a strong agricultural world and purge it of what little Jedi influence remained.

The blockade over Mygeeto was their demonstration of military strength: an opportunity to showcase the efforts of the Bastion Shipyards and the work of the several large military contractors working with the Ascendancy, in particular, those of Ignus Industries. True, the Sith could have taken Mygeeto with force, much as they could with Dantooine and Muunillist, but such would require permanent garrisons to be stationed on those worlds, to ensure they did not break from Ascendancy rule, and the Circle was hesitant to commit such forces when they might be used elsewhere. Thus, a different mission had been crafted: a three-stage simultaneous engagement on three different worlds. So far, from everything Tirdarius could see, it was all coming together rather beautifully.

Naturally there were those among the Sith that desired bloodshed over a peaceful transition of power, and would chafe at the restraints the mission placed upon them. Tirdarius knew well enough that the weapons of the Ascendancy could only be held back for so long before they turned their rage inwards, rather than towards their enemies, but it was also vital to spread the Ascendancy's message of order and stability above the petty ambitions and desires of those within the ranks. And as we expect discipline of our troops and allies, so must we demand it from our elite. The Sith under the command of the Circle would simply have to restrain their desire for blood until it could be directed at the Jedi, or any that stood in the way of the Ascendancy.

"Lord Ignus' delegation have made contact with the Muun, and Lord Carnifex reports that the blockade over Mygeeto is in place," his aide reported, bringing him a datapad containing records of the messages thus received via Hyperwave Transmitter. The two Sith Lords would not have reported directly - these were standard messages sent via their people, but it was enough to know that their plans were moving forward. "Do you have a return transmission, my Lord?"

"Not for the moment - we need only contact them if something goes awry. Trust them to get the job done," he responded in an amused tone. So like the military to demand redundancy in their work. They really should learn to trust in the Force, and in their leaders. Such a thing would come with time, he was certain. "But do send a message to Lord Krest, and request an update on the progress with regards to the Jedi Temple. The cleansing ritual will take time, and I mean to see that he has it."

True, it would be a little victory to wash away the taint of the Jedi from that former institution, but over the foundations, he planned for a new Temple to be built: a monument to the Sith, one that would serve as a training facility for the newest breed of Force-using warriors that would rally to their banners. With Korriban lost, the Ascendancy had been forced to make do with training aboard ships, or in their quarters on Bastion, but Tirdarius intended for that to remain but a temporary measure. And what better signal can we send to the Jedi but to take their Temple and raise one of our own upon the land it once rested on?

If that wasn't a clear enough declaration of intent, he didn't know what was. No doubt the Jedi would hate it, but that was rather the idea, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom