Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction OPA and Friends Tournament: Bad Day in Zoronhed

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Friend: Caedyn Arenais
Foe: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

Now things were getting interesting. The Dark Jedi was finally starting to bring some of his more esoteric abilities out into the fight. Such a vulgar, blatant warping of the Force to one's own end. It displeased the Padawan to see such dark arts in use. And for a tournament no less! Wasteful. Just what one could expect from someone drunk on the Dark side.

His saber flashing once again to intercept. Aaran let out a slow breath. Calming himself and allowing his frustrations to slip away. This bout had been going on for long enough. It was time for the Padawan himself to take the spar a little more seriously. And as blade of light clashed with the spear of darkness. The Padawan did the unthinkable. Imbuing his own flesh with the power of the Force. He reached out with his free hand to grasp the spear. Letting out a hiss of pain as his flesh began to smoke where it touched the corrupted energy. It was not the most comfortbale experience, to hold onto a manifestation of such dark energies. But discipline allowed him to focus through the pain. Perhaps if their strength in the Force was more equal, Aaran would be able to take ahold of the spear without any discomfort. But due to their difference in strength. The best the Padawan could hope for were mild burns on his hand.

With the spear currently held in place. Aaran would then allow the oncoming wave of Force energy to knock him backwards. His grip remaining secure on the spear. Either disarming the Dark Jedi. Or unbalancing him to the point where Caedyn could make an attack.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Friend: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Surprised by his success in depriving the Dark Jedi Master of his lightsaber, Caedyn briefly dropped the baton held in his left hand and swiftly caught the Darksider's weapon, moving to secure it to his belt beside his own. Ziracch could have it back after the fight, unless he managed to steal it back during; either way Caedyn didn't have any need for it when he held his own and this was a tournament after-all, not a grudge match or a serious fight to the death.

Picking up the baton once more, Caedyn used the time to connect the two pieces via the central magna-locking mechanism, once more completing the Bo Staff as it's full length and primary form of use. The weight of the turadium was light, and as Caedyn spun the weapon, the metal felt as though it was almost flexing against the wind. It was an incredibly durable weapon, imbued in the Force and made back on the Vur Tepe Temple of the Je'daii. The perfect non-fatal weapon with a powerful kinetic force when felt by any on the receiving end.

Aaran Tafo was still in trouble however, as not only had their opponent drawn upon the darkside to summon forth a weapon to replace his lightsaber, but he'd also unleashed a blast of telekinetic force at point blank range.

Picking up the pace in order to catch up to the two locked in their fight, Caedyn lept into the air and used the Force to carry him the distance, his Bo Staff taken into both hands and bringing one end sweeping down in a vertical strike aimed for their opponents head.

Kaleleon Kaleleon

Kid or not, he had skills.

When things turned fast and you sank into battle? It was all about what instinct told you. Instinct whispering to reflex. Pushing you forward. The only hope was that instinct served you right. The feint got blocked to the side. Kick hit, but was taken into stride. Shame Wyn didn't realize sooner this one knew how to fight. Over-exposed, it gave Kale a good entry to slip in. All that Wynter could do was twist to the side.

Rough.

Palm scrapped against his side. Something went oof. That would be Wynter reacting to the connection. It hurt, but it wasn't the blunt force of air being forced out his lungs. He got lucky. Instead of being pushed back? Wyn and Kale were now as close as they could get. Almost like conjoined twins. Born at the hip by battle, rather than genetics. This is where Wynter stopped playing. It had been instinct.

Just a kid- go easy on him. It made sense.

Now his elbow thrust down Kale's side. Just where ribs transitioned to floating ribs. Weakest part of the ribcage. Then he created space for himself by pushing back. Still... breathing was harder now, Kale had only missed his diaphragm by inches. Pain laced breath every time he took it.

This wasn't ideal.

OOC of Kavessk

Nothing to See, OOC coming through
Such bravery, or either young foolishness. Seeing Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo in action allowed Kavessk to assume the former. Before he had time to follow up on a opening, a shadow began to engulf them both. Looking up to see a staff headed towards his head, it became his number one priority. Not because of the potential pain, but such a strike would certainly mess up his cybernetics.

With the Force to guide him, the Kage managed to catch the staff above his head at the last second. Due to such timing, he began to walter a bit into the mud.

Another flashback fleeted into his mind for a short time, wavering his control at both weapons. Realizing the potential catastrophe on his hands, he finally spoke to his current opponents.

"Aaran and Caedyn, may I indulge the both of you in a plea?"

Caedyn Arenais

Ally: Caedyn Arenais
Enemy: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

Aaran was greatful that he managed to remove the dark spear from play. Forcing his own will through the manifestation of Dark energy. The spear crumbled to dust in his hands. Now with the direct link severed. It was not overly difficult to dispel the technique. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Aaran blinked once, attempting to focus through the pain pulsing through his palm.

Letting the breath out, Aaran folded his burned arm behind his back. Saber extended as he took the stance of Makashi. Tricky in this environment certainly. The lack of clear ground made the precise footwork that the style demanded difficuly to pull off. But the Padawan did have an advantage of reach and physical strength over his older opponent. Instead of answering back in regards to the request of a plea. Aaran instead swung his saber at the Dark Jedi's midsection. Halting it inches away from burning the older man's skin.

His gaze remained locked on the clone. But he was clearly waiting. Either for Caedyn to make a move. Or for the Clone to make his plea.

A man can change his stars
I was merely upset with barely able to get a strike in. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to continue this fight. My fist connected, but barely. Any kind of friction that could have ripped skin was prevented due to the wrappings around my hand. However, I failed to think if I had missed. I was planning on striking hard and true. Not planning a step ahead in case I failed.

Which is why I now had an elbow sinking hard into my side with this extremely close distance. I overextended just as he had with the kick. Even though he took a step back to get some space, I also took one. A moment to hold my ribs. I couldn't tell at the moment if he broke them, but I knew that my side would be bruised as hell for a week or more. A hit like that, on a softer body portion means the skin is more susceptible to injury. Releasing my side, I looked at him.

"Press the advantage. You control the fight."

I could hear her voice entering my head again. Telling me what I need to do. It was in training with Romi, time and time again she taught me to take control of the situation. More often than not, striking your opponent, would prevent them from being able to strike back. Hitting fast, and hard, would prevent any lashes if you were playing on your back foot.

That is where I made my mistake. I didn't press hard enough. I only lashed out with a single punch. When I should be going for more. Yet, this man was more capable than I would believe to be.

Closing the distance with two bounding steps. Swaying left then right, I came in to him at my right. A right Cross. Following quickly with a left jab, and a right underhand. When pulling back from the right underhand, the step backwards allowed me enough space to pick back up, and come in with a right kick. Aimed not for the right side, but to just plow through his abdomen. Mixing forms of conventional boxing, as well as Kick boxing. Mainly to be a Swarmer style of boxing. Unrelenting, and getting in close with lighting fast speeds.

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Caedyn Arenais

C

Caedyn landed on-point, however his staff was caught by their opponent and the intended result was not what he had expected. Furthermore, rather than retaliate, their opponent spoke to the two Jedi in want of a moments pause and plea? When discussion was put on the table during a fight, Caedyn liked to believe he'd be among the first to accept the opportunity.

"Aaran" Caedyn lifted his head in a half nod to the Silver Padawan, hoping that his teammate would follow his lead as Caedyn relaxed himself and took several steps back to give Kavessk Ziracch some breathing room; "Give our friend here some space" he suggested, clearly accepting the Dark Jedi Master's request.

Rolling his wrist, Caedyn brought the Bo Staff sweeping in a full rotation to be sat lightly under his right arm, there to be kept in a casual hold now without the immediate tension of a battle on their hands. He was interested to hear what their opponent had to ask of them, and quite frankly, in the given situation they all shared, the young Knight couldn't think of anything that would be too much to accept.

Equipment: Akovin Retirement Armor, Phantom Gauntlet with Phantom Claws retracted, The Relentless Blade, Gravity Belt with ALE Field Generator and Supply Pouch (Full of small misc stuff like Magnetic Anchors), Standard Blaster Pistol and a Bes'bev (Mandalorian Knife-Flute)
Tag: The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

Cassus was barreling towards his opponent, the sound of his speeder bike an exhilarating experience for the youth, the thrum of the machine increasing the adrenaline pumping in his blood. Despite the awkwardness of holding the lance in his less than dexterous gloved hand, Cassus barely even felt it there. The only thing he could see was his opponent's chest plate, and dusty architecture whizzing by him at an impressive speed. He could see the panic setting in his opponent, the clear unfamiliarity with his equipment, the stalling bike... it was almost too easy.

No, actually, it was too easy. This didn't seem right or fair. If he just struck him down at top speed without a moment's consideration, he'd seem unnecessarily cruel without any professionalism, or a single display of actual skill or talent. That wasn't the image he wanted.

Within moments of impact, the lance aimed directly at the chest of Romeo, Cassus did something unusual. He threw his lance outwards such that it would pass by his opponent's body without impact, and that's when he activated his Gauntlet's Manipulation Projectors, which all too easily locked in on the Magnetic Anchor he placed on its hilt.

A dust cloud would wash over Romeo Sin, as Cassus allowed his speeder bike to screech to halt a few dozen meters behind him turned to its side, lance returned safely to his gauntlet.

"I would've knocked you down in the mud, but that wouldn't have been much of a challenge now would it? Start it up, I'll give you another pass," He said, before revving the bike again and blasting off back towards his starting position.

OOC of Kavessk

Nothing to See, OOC coming through
"Thank you."

Kavessk would stand with little mind to the saber edging on, grabbing a golden cybernetic aligned with his ears. It began to fizz a bit from the ongoing duel, giving the Dark Jedi to find better ones. He was no longer on that world, and this fight made him realize they weren't strong enough to defend against the Force.

"This brief fight has shown that these cybernetics are not meant for such battles. Prompting me to go fix them due to the potential problem we would have on our hands. I don't want to rob these people of a duel, hence my plea. If I forfeit, will you two give these people a show?"

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Caedyn Arenais

Ally: Caedyn Arenais
Enemy: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

He did not react verbally to the offer for a moment. Nor did he lower his saber. In the Padawan's battle-addled mind. Until it was that Kavessk formally declared his own surrender. He was still a threat. An opponent that had to be defeated. An obstacle that had to be overcome. His focus was still entirely on the clone. Only the barest flicker of his gaze went over to his ally. "This is training. I take my training seriously."

It was not an agreement to the offer. But Aaran would not push the issue with the Dark Jedi if they decided to surrender. Not would he treat a battle against Caedyn with any less seriousness than he did against Kavessk. So instead he stood there, saber still humming ominously. Waiting for the Steward to make his decision.

Kaleleon Kaleleon

The thing that saved Wynter was that Kale only tried this now.

If he had led with this? His own overconfidence would have been his end. Overextended, too close, he'd be wrecked in short order. Now however? Wyn already had space. Scanning Kale as much as he could for any minuscule movement. It was why he was prepared. The moment shifted for all of them. From one moment to the next the energy changed in the fight. This wasn't a jab-for-jab try-out where they were testing the waters.

He was investing all he had in this onslaught.

The way his weight shifted, bounding in with full force.

Hell, even knowing it was coming? Wyn almost crumbled anyway. Kale came in hard, rolling in like a boulder. He managed to block the right cross away from him. Before Wyn could step in for a kick of his own? The jab already caught him in the chest. It made him stumble back. A burn under his collarbone. Hard to breath, twisting away again the underhand caught him on the shoulder instead of breaking a bone.

Red before his eyes.

Hurt everywhere.

Just as Kale swung out the kick? It didn't connect with his abdomen. Instead Wyn lashed out. Hands moving to squeeze down on the extended limb. Hands wrapped in shock-gloves. No matter if he managed to catch it or not, but a single touch would be quite ... shocking, so to speak.

Wyn didn't wait to see how Kale would react to that. Instead pushing in deep himself. Press the advantage. Control the fight. Wise words. Already following up with charged shock-gloves lashing out towards neck and head.

Caedyn Arenais

C

Caedyn found himself somewhat disappointed by Aaran's refusal to lower his blade, so close to that of Kavessk whilst their opponent was appearing rather submissive, and on the back foot. For a time, the young Jedi Knight eyed the Silver Padawan in momentary consideration before returning his attention to Ziracch and listening to his request, or rather, his suggestion.

What he said suggested that the Dark Jedi Master was considering resignation from the match, and instead suggesting that they two face off against one another in his stead. Two Jedi to give the crowd something to enjoy as opposed to what, disappointment? Caedyn didn't see it that way, but then he supposed the crowd had come looking for a fight and this match had come to a slow, rather quickly. He certainly hadn't expected to be talking this out with their opponent so suddenly.

Relaxing his posture, Caedyn stood upright and unlatched the Dark Jedi Master's lightsaber from his belt, calling to the Force in order to carry the hilt through the air in a slow pace towards Kavessk, whom would be able to receive it, should he seek to do so.

"This is a competition, not a real battle" Caedyn replied, offering the older male a firm nod in agreement, "If Aaran agrees, I don't mind mixing things up a little. No one needs to be here if they don't wish to be".

A man can change his stars
First right cross was blocked. Expected due to being the first hit. Plowing through defenses with the other two strikes. One solid, and feeling it reverberate down my arm with the impact. The undercut barely hitting him. Skimming over my knuckles and off to the side. As my leg came up to strike at him, I knew the pain I was getting into. Kicks tend to be a heavy hitting strike. Yet at the same time, were higher risk. Placing a simple hand to block the strike, was all he did. My own stroke to put the hurt on him, ended up with a shocking sensation buzzing through the entirety of my leg to the base of my spine.

Saying it hurt would be an understatement. Not quite as painful as being stabbed in the abdomen with a saber, but oh was it painful. Stumbling back was a very generous term to use for my condition right now. Barely able to put weight on it for a second. He pressed the advantage quickly. Closing whatever distance I had made in order to keep from falling over due to the shock to my system.

No. I couldn't let him press the advantage. Doing so would let him dictate how the fight would go. He had been on the defensive. Blocking or moving to avoid my hits. More often he would dodge than outright block hits. First two times he has done so with that single roll at him. Yes, I was scared that he would use the shockmitts again. Using them to block another strike I had.

That didn't change my actions. Being scared of a fight, of a weapon, would only deter your actions. I had to fight this head on. I had to get in close. Not just to keep the pressure, but to make sure he couldn't use the gloves. Outward strikes coming in is were he could easily get me. Tight. Condense. Just as Soresu would be. I needed to set this guy off his own course. First, I had to deal with his own attacks.

I could hear the whine of the gloves as they powered up in preparation for me. It then hit me. Well, not literally, but the thought. Djem-so's Counters. Even as he took a step forward, so did I. Coming to meet him head on. That forward step gave me just enough space to enter his swing. Using my hand to swing from inward of my chest, out to have our wrists smack each other. I could feel barely the shock mitt scraping my face. Making the left half of my "money maker" to spasm into a growl or a snarl. Uncontrolled spasms of my face were painful as hell. But worth it in order to regain control of the fight.

A jab directed towards his own throat. Utilizing kinetic linking. The smallest of twist at the anchor foot, leading up the leg and a modest twist into the jab, with the upper body almost being thrown with full force into the strike. A style of combat that leaned heavily upon using the muscles in your body, all working together to get one good punch in. Hopefully, resulting in only needing that one good punch.

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

OOC NOTE: I had incorrectly read Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham and his previous post. Once informed, I have edited my post accordingly, and will allow him 36 hours to be reset to the time of Edit, rather than the time of the Original posting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom