Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction OPA and Friends Tournament: Bad Day in Zoronhed

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Slingertown, Zoronhed, Zonju V

There's a chunk of abandoned city on the outskirts of Zoronhed. It's where fights happen, big ones. Lots of gang killings, too. Spice deals and such. Great place to score some aftermarket ship parts. Most of it is clustered on a crooked stretch of street in the shade of crude corrugated-metal bridges that bend under a traveler's weight.

Today this whole area, Slingertown, is barren of everyone but tournament fighters and mismatched camera drones. There's dust on the breeze and trash in the street and a hundred crappy places to hide.

But you're not here to hide, are you.

OOC: I'll take a page from Sith Raconteur Sith Raconteur for the ruleset. No death, or Bad Things will happen IC. Leave it to the other guy to determine the results of your attacks within reason. Be fair, take hits, be ready to lose. Personal weapons at normal duel ranges - no snipers, artillery, airstrikes, tanks, walkers, etc. Fail to post within 36 hours of the other guy and he wins by default. (Some flexibility on that if there's posting order confusion etc. in the two-on-one fight.)

MATCHES:
The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner vs Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin - and each of them has easy access to a swoop bike and a shock lance

OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk vs Caedyn Arenais and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo - and aĺl three of them enter Slingertown in an area characterized by ankle-deep mud

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham vs Kaleleon Kaleleon - and both of them have access to shockboxing gloves

Other OPA members and friends are welcome to post as spectators and gamblers and such.

OOC of Kavessk

Nothing to See, OOC coming through
To be young again..

To protect. To defend. To attack. To destroy. To entertain. Combat was varied across the galaxy, in many forms and shapes. For today was a respectable showing of it's amusing aspects, in a form of a small tournament. Held in the abandoned area known as Slingertown, the Kage stepped out in his traditional robes. He certainly looked out of place with his unnatural skin and his yellow eyes, all side effects of the Dark Side..
How did he find himself in a place filled with trash and tainted with death?

Romeo. Now he remembers. This was in behest of the Outer Planets Alliance, his fellow Dark Jedi recommending him to join such a gathering. He couldn't say no. To test himself against others was always favorable, even to his days as a campaigning Jedi. Tournaments, duels, challenges, you name it. It fascinated him to this day.

Back to his senses after countless pondering, Kavessk looked at the battleground before him. It was a pit of mud. This was to be a test of pure skill, with no mobility advantage at all. Taking off his robes to reveal a slim physique tempered by years of meditation and the Force. Stepping down into the mud pit, his sense of speed was surely handicapped. Looking at his two Jedi opponents above, he understood the challenge before him. Wishing them well, this was surely to be a fun bout, with one goal in mind. To fight The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

Caedyn Arenais
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Equipment: Will be listed next post, when not on mobile.
Tag: The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

Tournaments could be lucrative, it was technically possible to score big, but it was anything but reliable. There was one thing that Cassus knew more intimately than most about tournaments like the one he just joined: win or lose, this was the kinda place you could make a name for yourself. That's how his mother became The Relentless, and got the recognition to make her small time business into a roaring success.

Cassus was here for a similar reason, with as young as he was, it was going to be difficult to make the contacts he would need to make the money he desperately needed to get his mother the treatment she deserved in her sickness. If he did enough here, people would be approaching him, and then the real work would begin.

Cassus approached the swoop bike, and examined the shock lance. This would certainly be an interesting introduction...

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Seeking out combat was never something a Jedi would typically do. Ultimately, the very nature of the Light was that it was passive, reactionary and subtle. So why was it that someone who, as a strict adherant to the Light side of the Force, decided to sign up for a tournament?

The answer was quite simple. He needed the practice. Deep down Aaran knew that a greater conflict was sitting just on the horizon. Battle lines were being drawn. Armies were mustering. Warriors on all sides were preparing for war. It was only right that he do the same. So he needed to improve. And the quickest way of doing so was to throw himself into active conflict. A competition where he was able to push himself and remain relatively safe seemed to be the best option for him right now.

"Best of luck Steward. Watch my back and I'll watch yours." He said, nodding once to Caedyn Arenais beside him. Greatful to have a familiar face at his side as he hopped into the arena. Armor was pointless here. As his opponent OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk had mused. This was a test of skill. Not endurance or power. One's cunning will win the day.

So for the sake of being able to move just a little bit easier in the heavy muck. He had absconded with his usual armour and robes. All he was clad in wasa short sleeved black shirt, cargo pants and boots. His lightsaber gripped in hand as he began the slow walk towards his opponent. Halting a dozen meters away from them.

"Well then. Lets put on a show shall we?" He said, igniting his saber, in the low-power training setting of course. The silver blade arcing through the air as the Padawan greeted his opponent with the traditional Makashi salute. Offering him the first attack.

Last edited:
Kaleleon Kaleleon

Money.

That made the world go round.

And right now his world was less a circle and more an upside down triangle. All he needed was a quick boost. Make sure the slope went up again. Fighting people was a chit-way to do it, sure, but he didn't have a lot of options left to him. His ship was still in repairs. It would be weeks before the Undoubtedly would be ready for flight again. That meant smuggling was out. Which was a pity, since war seemed to be flaming up again in the Core.

Always profit to be had there.

No matter. His hands brushed the material of the shock gloves. Heavy things, which made sense. This was the Outer Rim. Ain't like they could afford those state-of-the-art Vanir business ... unless they stole it anyway.

A quick look over to the other end of the alley. Presumably his opponent was gearing up too.

Nobody told them they had to use the gloves. But then again. There was a meaningful look. It said things like: Oh, I am sure you know what to do with that. And maybe also an: If you don't, that will be your own funeral. He picked up his pair. Put them on quickly. Then started walking towards the other end of the alley. Better to move in fast. Make sure you kept pushing. That was the trick in any successful fight.

Never let them push you back.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Ally: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Opposition: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

It had been a very long time since Caedyn had last taken part in a tournament of this kind; Not since he was a boy living on Commenor in fact. Back then he had been untrained and lacked any real serious means of winning the event, yet it had been about having fun and simply being part of a team. Today's competition would also see him teamed up with someone quite familiar. Aaran Tafo was a Padawan of the Order of the Silver Jedi, an Order Caedyn had been working alongside until recently making the trip back to Svivren. Ironically, it hadn't been until the Enclave of Svivren was ready to invite others, that the two had met and Aaran had also been present there when the remnants of the First Order had attacked. Today's experience would hopefully be far less strenuous.

"Please, just call me Caedyn, thanks Aaran" he replied to the Silver Padawan, a slight chuckle escaping him in expense of himself. His position as the Enclave Steward of Svivren was a big one, and while he took to it with great pride in his responsibility, he still wasn't used to being called by the title. He imagined it was something akin to a new Knight being called 'Master' by their students. "I'll cover you as best I can, I'm sure you'll do fine though" he added with a smile, giving his teammate a confident nod in assurance.

Looking down to his feet, Caedyn lifted one of his boots up out of the mud with a less than enthused expression. "I shouldn't have worn white..." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head before turning his attention back towards their opponent Kavessk Ziracch. The mud would slow all of them down a bit, but it would also serve as a possible tool to be used against them. Caedyn didn't like the idea of slinging dirt in each others faces, but during these sorts of events, you never could tell the kinds of people you'd be pitted against. Taking his Bo Staff from over his shoulder, the young Jedi Knight moved to trigger the central magnalock, separating the long turadium beam into two smaller single handed weapons.

Caedyn didn't recognize Ziracch from anywhere, thus he didn't know what to expect from their opponent. His Bo Staff could meet a Saber in combat if needs be, but this being a tournament, Caedyn had thought not to bring his lightsaber. "The Force be with us" he said aloud, waiting for the round to truly begin.

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

Equipment: Standard Durasteel armor for protection

Having convince the Kage to join him in the Outer Alliance tournament out of good will, Romeo and the man had found themselves surrounded by scoundrels and rebels; Jedi, and more Jedi. Either the alliance trusted the protectorate enough or they were in a trap. That or they simply didn't know who either character was in this tournament. Either way, Romeo thought it would be fun.

Signed up for...speeder bike jousting? Confused, the Vahla reread his bracket. There was a time he could think of that involved him on a speeder bike with a shock lance. What even was a shock lance?

It didn't take long for him to figure it out, the weapon was long with a electro tip, buzzing with energy. Romeo didn't think this would or could really kill a person, but he was certain it would hurt. Cassus was the name of his opponent, he had never heard of this man. Regardless, he was certain neither had any real experience in such a sport. Across from him, Romeo could see this Cassus, a man who appeared built and ready for a brawl if it needed to come to that.

"Damn...I'm going to lose this." Romeo said to himself.

A man can change his stars
Shock gloves.

Not really a weapon I was used too. Nor I have I used it before. However, it was very clear on the purpose. Having seen various holofilms of such people wearing these tools in the name of sporting events, they would bash each other's face in with these gloves. Shocking the daylights out of anyone who got so much as a glancing blow. Looking up from where they lay, I saw the other man across the alley. It seemed both of us were... not really sure if we should be doing this.

However, There were some credits I could win, plus it never hurt to challenge yourself. Yes, there was a very real chance of death. However, as a Jedi, it came with the job. Already I have faced Sith, fought with sabers, and even went against pirates. However, this was a more intimate matter. A simple one on one fight against another man who I knew nothing of, other than he wanted to win.

I didn't hesitate any longer. Hesitation lead to doubt. Doubt led to failure. Shockmitts were known to be just a small charge. However, they could be lethal. While I was not fond of it, I opted out.

Picking up some wrappings instead, I laced my hands up. Wrapping them like I would in any of my training sessions back home. Cloth layers arranged in a pattern to provide ample protection. Sure, I could easily have used the Shockmitts as well. Making the playing field even for whomever I was supposed to face. However, I did not want to do so.

Taking the first steps forward down the alley, close to my own height? Couldn't be too sure. Either way, I decided to give a voice before starting.

"Whoever passes to the next round, good luck."

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

OOC of Kavessk

Always prepared to bring his lightsaber, Kavessk didn't think to use it for a tournament. Seeing his fellow opponents draw out their weapons, the Dark Jedi used to the Force to receive his weapon. Igniting the purple blade for combat, he pondered on his postion. From a unorthodox stance to a style reminiscing of Djem So, Kavessk would have to think on his toes. Pushing a strong wave of the Force aimed at Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , he attempted for an aggressive strike towards Caedyn Arenais.

Kaleleon Kaleleon

First thing that Wynter noticed?

The lad wasn't wearing his gloves.

That was ... brave. "Sure, yeah, good luck- but I hope ya dun' mind if I wanted it to be me." Wyn drawled back with a smile. Younger than him, sure. Taller though. About a head, unless he was slouching, or was wearing heels. Probably no heels though. He cautiously approached here. Sure maybe the lad just had a false sense of honor. Didn't want the risk to cause a kill. Could be... or maybe despite his age this one thought he had it in the bag.

Could also be.

So he inched forward. Carefully. Hands already at ready. "You know wh-" In the middle of the sentence his hand, balled to a fists, leaped out. Aimed directly to the lad's face. It was a feint. The last thing he wanted to do was cause permanent brain damage through electricity. No, there was not a lot of strength behind the punch. Speed? Certainly, but it wouldn't be difficult to block it. The sudden kick towards Kale's knee?

That was a different story.

Packed enough force to evoke memories of a stubborn mule.

Always go for the legs first.

Ally: Caedyn Arenais
Foe: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

And this was where the fun began. The wall of kinetic energy hit the Padawan like a wave, knocking him off his feet. Sending him flying backwards. Had the landing zone been something a bit more unforgiving than thick mud. It might have been a painful experience. But, the soft landing coupled with basic combat training giving him the knowledge on how to land properly. The results were a bit less severe.

Letting his momentum carry him backwards, the Padawan angled his body so that he rolled as soon as he hit the ground. Absolutely ruining his shirt. But saving him a few precious seconds of recovery so his next move could be made.

A quick glance at the situation was enough for him to formulate a battle plan in his mind. His opponent outclassed both the Padawan and Knight in raw mastery of the Force. But he was outnumbered.The Dark Jedi's opponents were young and spry. And Caedyn had the advantage of reach on his side. Quite the substantial leg up in an arena where one's movement was restricted.

Still on one knee. Aaran reached out a hand. His unseen power of the Force swelling as he took ahold of the mud around the Dark Jedi's legs. Jerking his hand upwards. He caused the heavy mud to surge upwards and bind itself around the clone's lower body. Intending to keep him still enough so the Steward of the Enclave could pummel him from afar with his staff. As well as cutting off any more agressive or flexible styles like Ataru or Djem-So.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Ally: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Opposition: OOC of Kavessk OOC of Kavessk

Caedyn's had prepared himself for a swift and ferocious battle against their more experienced foe, sacrificing any advantage in reach for the quicker and lighter strikes that the Bo Staff could provide as two individual baton's, one gripped firmly in each hand.

Kavessk was quick on the offensive, summoning the Force and throwing Aaran Tafo back off of his feet via means of a telekinetic barrage. The speed of which their opponent launched the kinetic attack surprised Caedyn, not having seen it coming, and so the battle was set into motion with a warning to the two teammates. Ziracch was a skilled Force User.

Raising the two turadium batons high and crossing them in the form of an X, Caedyn caught his opponents lightsaber before it could deliver the blow and instead held it locked above his head for but a moment. Meeting the eyes of his opponent, Caedyn searched his foe for any sign of a weakness, however it was too soon to be able to gauge the male's behavior in combat.

Pushing the two baton's together with all of the strength he could amass through his arms, Caedyn forced the foes weapon back whilst quickly stepping off to the side and seeking to put a couple paces between them both. For the time being, he would not go on the attack, but instead sought to pace himself. Every battle was as much a duel of minds as it was of weapons or strength, and it paid not to go rushing in without trying to first assess the situation for what it was.

Aaran Tafo called to the force and sought to manipulate the environment around their opponents legs, and perhaps this had aided Caedyn in gaining some distance without further retaliation from the Dark Jedi, though he could not be certain. What would be clear to their foe however, was that it was a missed opportunity, where the young Knight had instead chosen to give their opponent some slack for the time being.

OOC of Kavessk

Actions revealed more than words ever could, even in battle. Bouncing back a bit from their brief clash, the handicap overpowered by use of the Force. He was now mobile, as much as one can be in a pit of mud.

Standing between his Jedi opponents, already a little was learned about the both of them. Still after the previous duel, Kavessk knew better than to assess so soon.

Looking at Caedyn Arenais and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo back and forth, it truly reminded him of his days as a Jedi Knight. With one hand behind his back, he would charge at the steward once again for a false opening. At the last second, Kavessk changed direction towards Aaran with a similar attack.

Shira Varanin

S
Forearms resting on her knees, Shira Varanin squatted at the corrugated edge of a Slingertown rooftop. Four years in OPA territory had more or less inured her to how they did business. This was still the strangest fething tournament she'd ever seen.

Two young Jedi were wrangling a Dark Master in a mud pit. Another Jedi was tangling with a spacer, and the spacer had shockboxing gloves. And two other men - an emperor and the son of the legendary inventor Triam Akovin - were sizing up each other and pair of swoop bikes. Whether they would actually joust with those bikes remained an open question.

Since nobody could see her at anything like close range, Shira allowed herself a smile. Strange or not, the tournament was, at least, entertaining. She should have taken Dingo Darr up on his offer and bought in to a gambling pool run off the Wretched Hive. The old Krevaaki had even offered her what purported to be an insider tip: some said Romeo Sin really didn't like getting his clothes dirty. Maybe she should've put some money on Akovin's son.

Friend: Caedyn Arenais

The trick with feints was simple enough. They had to be sudden and unexpected. And while Aaran found himself outmatched in terms of pure skill with a lightsaber. The Dark Jedi's own earlier move gave the Padawan a chance to defend himself. In knocking Aaran away. The clone had given the Padawan space.. In order for the feint to work, Kavessk would have to make his way through the heavy mud towards his opponent. Buying the beefy Padawan the precious seconds he needed to call the Force to his side. Augmenting his already impressive strength in just enough time to bring his saber to bear against the Dark Jedi. Silver blade flashing out to intercept the frenzied swing from the crazed clone.

The tight, effcient movements of Soresu would sut him well in this environment. He would not have to move his feet to defend himself, just his upper body. While he would not be able to rely on the precise footwork of Makashi, he would not need it. He did not need offense here. Just defense.

His blade coming upblock. Aaran began to attempt to force the Dark Jedi into a blade lock. Using his own considerable physical strength and superior reach to push back against the blade. ForcingKavessk to either commit his own full strength into winning the contest of power, retreating, or risk a counter-attack from Caedyn.

Last edited:
A man can change his stars
How would he strike. What would be his first move. Closing the distance to each other, it was an easy line for him. He was hoping that it would be himself who won. Of course he did. It was natural for him to desire for the trophy. Maybe get credits at the very least. What kept me from continuing to speak as though we were not about to fight, was the fact he raised his hands. Any talk from here on out would be distractions. And so when he did speak, it was clear of intentions.

False strikes with the final one being real.

A jab headed directly for my head. That was it. Just a jab. No twist at the waist. No extra kinetic linking. If they did connect, it wasn't going to be a powerful punch. No. This was the feint. Its when I picked up on the shift in his body to bring a leg up. Transitions of a thrown punch to a kick. They were a pain. Mostly due to using two different parts of the body. Namely your legs. They were your support and your foundation. Which means in order to balance upon one foot, you had to change your center of gravity over your pivot foot. Not to mention, if you missed, or didn't hit, you were gambling quite a lot.

It left your other leg exposed, your whole other side, As well as your general balance. A block with my off hand. Balling it in a fist to prevent my fingers from getting jammed and using my wrist and forearm to take the hit. While the wrap around my hands would be able to prevent the breaking of skin, The jolt of pain sent up my arm from the kick was evident. Grimacing from the footwear having solid contact with my arm. Having to meet the kick head on and prevent my legs from being swept.

I will have to be playing close to the ground then. If he is going to be throwing kicks, and relying on them to get a heavy strike first, then it was likely he would use them again. Now it was my turn.

Keeping knees bent, I stepped inwards of his swinging kick, and sent an underhand fist towards his chest. Specifically his abdomen directly under his ribs.

It was the location of his diaphragm. Striking it hard enough could result in a loss of breath, or just quite a bit of pain. However, I knew not of this mans ability to fight. Nor unarmed combat. I may miss, or barely get a hit. Part of me wanted him to continue to feint attacks. It showed that he wouldn't put full force into the strikes. And if he did, it would be clear.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

Equipment: Akovin Retirement Armor, Phantom Gauntlet with Phantom Claws retracted, The Relentless Blade, Gravity Belt with ALE Field Generator and Supply Pouch (Full of small misc stuff like Magnetic Anchors), Standard Blaster Pistol and a Bes'bev (Mandalorian Knife-Flute)
Tag: The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

After several moments of consideration, Cassus had a plan. The rules and stipulations of the joust were not exactly spelled out to them, and Cassus (despite learning how to pilot ships on his own) had never utilized a swoop bike or a joust for that matter. Nonetheless, it did not appear that there were any restrictions on the manner of fighting so long as no one died, which informed his choice of equipment. Despite that though, he still came prepared to counter powerful opponents in case they somehow forgot about their lethality.

There was one thing that he knew about jousting though, which now informed his present strategy: don't get knocked off, knock the other guy off. So Cassus pulled out an Anchor from his supply pouch and attached it to the hilt of the shock lance, and a second one on his Swoop bike as he mounted it. As Cassus tried to awkwardly adjust his joust comfortably in the cumbersome Gauntlet he wore on his right hand, his left hand briefly began to adjust the settings on his gravity belt. The sound of straining electrical components on his swoop bike announced the fact that Cassus had just become much heavier gravitationally than should be expected for a kid his age, the swoop bouncing briefly closer to the ground as it adjusted. Once he felt comfortable, he began to rev the swoop bike, testing the controls and activated the shock lance. The whole process took only a few seconds before he called out from across the town.

"Ready or not, here I come." Dust blasted behind him as his swoop bike lurched forward...

Shira Varanin

S
The fights were changing, all of them. Up on a rusty roof, Shira tensed as the combat began in earnest. Muddy lightsaber technique, unarmed arts - even the swoop bikes and shock lances were firing up. Pretty soon the crooked streets of Slingertown would see their first blood of the day - well, of this small portion of the afternoon, realistically.

Shira hooked an elbow over a comms line for balance and shifted on the corrugated metal. If she wanted to learn from this, size up the OPA's ostensible allies, she needed a better view.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Friend: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Caedyn Arenais braced himself for an attack that didn't come, but instead saw his assailant veer off in pursuit of Aaran Tafo instead. His Silver Padawan Teammate thankfully also caught wind of Ziracch's intentions, and managed to raise an effective defense before any real hurt could be put on him; this also created an opening for Caedyn to make a move on the attack.

Extending his left arm, hand still holding the baton, Caedyn focused on their opponent and willed the Force to clamp down around the Dark Jedi's weapon itself, with a telekinetic grasp. If Kavessk Ziracch wasn't careful and able to resist on both fronts, then he might well see his Lightsaber removed from his grip and instead drawn towards the young Knight.

The hopeful attempt to disarm their opponent would prove invaluable to Aaran landing a winning blow if Caedyn was successful.

OOC of Kavessk

Purple and sliver began to clash, their lightsaber in a lock. Kavessk simply steadied it to be continuous, staring at the young human for a moment. He truly was on the defensive side of the battle. Has he ever learned? His thought was interrupted by the Force trying to take his lightsaber away, realizing Caedyn's meddling.

One kept Kavessk busy, and the other used the Force to handicap him in some way. If this was how the two versus one was to go, the Dark Jedi would have to mix things up a little.

A dark spear of the Force began to manifest in his available hand, utilizing it to replace his fleeting lightsaber in the ongoing clash. Letting his weapon get pulled away, Kavessk use his remaining hand to attempt another push at a much closer range. Either to disarm or to win the ongoing clash, the Kage would have to go beyond traditional means in this fight.

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom