Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OOC: Return of the Heritage Council (Kur's Dozen Rebellion of Free World's Coalition Held Hapes Hex)

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
RETURN OF THE HERITAGE COUNCIL

Purpose: Cause instability in the Hapes Cluster.
IC: A Hapan group called The Heritage Council has hired Kur’s Dozen along with various other mercenaries to infiltrate Ta'a Chume'Dan (along with other strategic locations) and stir up unrest and scandal including but not limited to: damaging rumors, treachery, sabotage and assassination.

The benefactor of The Heritage Council and contractor for Kur’s Dozen is named Miss X.

The Heritage Council invites any other disenfranchised Hapans to join them in destabilizing the government in order to gain political and military power, which they can keep as long as they are of Hapan blood. If they aren’t, The Heritage Council has some forgery experts at the ready.
FWC Owner Tag: [member="Ra'a'mah"], [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Errreembuhr"], [member="Laira Darkhold"]

OOC: The rebellion will start on or around March 24th. This is just for fun and to RP out some palace intrigue! Enjoyment and good storytelling is the main goal of this thread.

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
Yeeeeah. There is a Codex'd precedent for the difficulty of flying around in the transitory Mists. It's a hazardous region of space and it's got its share of both Navy presence and Pirates... and the Royal Navy presence there is due to the pirate issue, primarily. Interlopers would be pulled from Hyperspace, since the hyperroutes are mined with pulse mass generators, often, and this results in a first contact standoff scenario... with the Hapans having a home field advantage. A massive invasion fleet of the sort Palpatine could have fielded would not be as much of a threat as a whole as it conventionally would be thought of because the whole fleet couldn't get in there all at once. The mined, choked, and notoriously winding hyperroutes are pretty much a bottleneck. This is how, in canon, they maintained their independence and their isolation for so long. It would have been impossible were it not for the edgy astrophysics of the area they reside in.

if you wanna have a go at Hapes and friends, then understand that this will probably (and should) involve multiple skirmishes. I had the details of the region Codex'd to prevent arbitrary skipping past the hazards of the Transitory Mists and to prompt more interesting Fleet and fighter skirmish RP that might be a bit more gimmicky elsewhere in the Galaxy.

Now, As I understand it, unless I misread something, this is classed as a Rebellion, which makes much of the hostility internal. We'd need Hapan characters in on the conspiracy as hostiles, necessarily, unless all of the PC hostiles are foreign, in which case the above caveats apply. If it's mostly internal, then the Mists themselves aren't as much a factor unless there is fleet combat on the Hapan territorial rim, either foreign or domestic. On the ground, it'll get pretty interesting, albeit fairly straightforward in terms of content and expectations.

As for where the Queen stands in all this, Her player has been missing for a while and rarely comes on to play. I feel like I can't arbitrarily go over her head, either, being that she's an admin OOCly, and a semi PC authority figure ICly. So, how this pans out poltically would have to be established by Cira herself, providing we can get here here to participate as needed. ._.

Speaking for myself, however, I'm down for dogfighting (Relina's a Navy combat pilot) and assassination attempts (she's the Ducha of Gallinore and loyal to the Hapan Queen, and by extension, allies of Hapes, making her a prime target). Feel free to hit me up and work stuff out for or against me so we can make some smooth writing. c:

[member="Relina Zhan"] - I would highly recommend re-reading the opening post of this thread again, as it seems you've misread the general intent of this upcoming Rebellion thread due to it's more... cloak and dagger (Read: small scale.) like appeal. Most of your concerns will be dealt with in doing so, and the rest will doubtlessly be respected when the thread is launched. :)

Since I was asked privately by [member="Ra'a'mah"] if I'll be attending this Rebellion - due to being a previous member of the FWC.

Amelia Sorenn-Syrush - while holding the titles and such of the Great Alderaan House of House Syrush - in her capacity as the Minister of Defense for the Commenor Systems Alliance cannot officially and openly choose sides as she must put the CSA above her personal feelings.

Privately however, she is more likely to support Hapes - and other independence movements - becoming free of the FWC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom