Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Winds of Change - pt 2 (TEOAB)

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

qDuwLjQVAHWSbzN8JANIOs3khIvvUm9aWztdTjzcJb5hs9iADY11Vxc2WEyq2DrQRHI7jc2Nun8LWZI8Ov2a2KKUR7-R5UVaZTH75D5osWZ6LjDU5nS9_WZ21CgbOBZtEa5ISf2NqwPv7_WrkwaGEG8
Komi felt happy to receive praise and compliments. It made her feel good about herself, feel good inside and a bit more confident. Though she did not have anything to say than look pleased. "I will look after it and wear it often." She said with the intent to treasure the hairpin. The girl continued to dig into the food, not holding back to dig into the fine food. Her tongue could pick out a few familiar flavors but there was some that were new.

Teresa raised a brow with curiosity and a smirk her eyes turned to Braze. "Ohhh and how would you know? Not even I know if the little one is a son or daughter yet. Though, I am very excited and nervous." Though she thought about it and he had a point to be more specific. "I suppose to simplify it, my chosen family, my children this one and future ones, those related to them directly too." Her tone was soft and knew that list was not really a big one, but the few she cared about did hold a place.

Her eyes flicked to the retainer with a warm soft expression. "Even Komi, she is like family to me." It was in some ways hard to define how teresa viewed family. It was a new thing to truly think about, it called to question how strange the force worked. "Anyway, it's not about who its the best. Anyone can become the best at anything, but they are the ones that limit themselves. In the end, it all boils down to who can survive. How to adapt and create advantages while being aware of the flaws. Buut sure sure, I will agree to not use Juyo against you in the event we cross blades. Though tricky tricks, I don't get what means."

"I don't think I can agree to that... I won't stand by or back down should the man who hurt Jasper cross my path. " Braze said simply avoiding using his name. Perhaps it was taboo, perhaps Braze didn't desire to give him any more power than he already had by some manner of avoiding using his name. Maybe Braze didn't think a man such as that deserved a name. It was hard to tell why Braze chose this manner of dressing them. " I'm not really sure... I don't know anything for certain but it just felt right... I could always be wrong. " He suggested softly. " Just what came to mind. "
Braze did have his principles and beliefs after all.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

qDuwLjQVAHWSbzN8JANIOs3khIvvUm9aWztdTjzcJb5hs9iADY11Vxc2WEyq2DrQRHI7jc2Nun8LWZI8Ov2a2KKUR7-R5UVaZTH75D5osWZ6LjDU5nS9_WZ21CgbOBZtEa5ISf2NqwPv7_WrkwaGEG8

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa rolled her eyes a little with a bit of a smirk, leased she tried to get her love in that section. Though she knew well enough He did not need her protection from a child. "You mean Carnifex? Nothing I teach you would affect Him anyway you can try it. Though He's taught me almost everything I know. If you really want to try using Juyo against a man who has perfected it, you can be my guest on that one. I don't recommend it one bit." She said that with utmost confidence in her Master.

It didn't change that excluding the one she loved most felt off. Between the talking it had not taken so long for her to clean her plate besides the bones chaotically placed on the plate and Komi was not so far behind. "Fine, don't use them against my kids, myself and those with my mark like Komi." The way the words came out with a little hesitation showed she was not to happy and it was even written in her expression. Wiping her mouth and fingers she slid out a bit.

OIedQlc.gif

Last edited:

Gear
Anti-Toxin Face Mask | Tactical Knife | Saberbreaker Gauntlets | Space Wizard Pattern Boots | Sunfire Signet Ring | GAB-34 Fang | [Pair of Eshan Charms] x3 | Training lightsaber | Echos of Resurgence Lightsaber | Lightsaber Light Foil Blaster Hybrid : Corsage | Lightsaber Bastard Sword : Calypso | Lightaber Shoto Lightsaber Parrying Dagger: Sentry | Lightsaber Light Foil: Requiem | Echos of Eternity | Iroai Amulate | The G.O.O Grappler! | TSS Survival Kit

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Braze seemed to consider the proposal and nodded slightly in acknowledgment. "Then I suppose we have reached an amicable agreement and arrangement," he trailed off, stretching slightly. "It shouldn't be too difficult to teach someone like you. You'll be able to follow instructions much better than the little ones," he assured her, as he redirected his attention back to Komi.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Teresa slid her way out and stood tall as she looked at the retainer just finishing up her food. "Let's hope the same can be said about you huh." She jokingly teased knowing all too well what he'd have to open himself up to. "I'll see you both out in front of my ship when you are ready no rush." The Valkyrie starting to make towards the exit. "Ohh, Komi? Where'd you put the portable heater?"

"Its back left corner of the cubby in the cargo hold." Komi said knowing well where most things on Teresa's ship. The girl wiped her mouth and looked over to Braze. "If anything I am good with instructions given its half my duties," Komi said chuckling with a smile. "But please go easy on me. I've never done this before despite watching Teresa most days. Well except recently and I can tell it gets to her a bit and makes her cranky."

Last edited:

Braze stretched out and fetched a couple of bottles of water, extending one towards her with a gentle smile. "We'll take a small recess for now," he suggested, his tone carrying a note of consideration. "Let's give ourselves some time to digest and perhaps take a nap. We'll also need to change into comfortable clothes that we don't mind getting dirty."

"I'll get some stuff ready for this,"
he assured her, his determination evident in his voice. With purposeful strides, Braze moved to ensure that all the string lights were turned on for the evening. He knew that darkness would soon descend, but he harbored no qualms about it.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Teresa paused before walking through the door. The suggestion was very much to her liking, also she herself had no intention to jump about. There was no need to and those actions would be in simple difficult. "Okay don't see why not," The valkyrie said appreciating the suggestion. "I will have a nap for now come wake me in a bit." The question was how moody she'd be after being woken up. She moved down the stairs and slipped her boots on before slowly making her way off to her ship. Lights would flicker on lighting up the paths. The soft shake at a stretch made them like imitation giant fireflies.

The red headed girl watched braze shift across the space flicking a switch then her attention moved to the pots around the table. Without so much a thought about it like second nature, she began to stack the cleared dishes and compiling all the bones and left over bits onto one. "Can... can I ask you something?" She spoke wanting to know more about Braze. Taking part of the stack into her hands, she'd start to carry them towards the kitchen. "Why do the Jedi hunt us?"

Braze tilted his head, curiosity piqued as he observed her beginning to tidy up. "You don't have to clean up; you were my guests," he started, his voice trailing off into a thoughtful pause. "What do you mean? Hunt who? Teresa? Or...?" His brows furrowed slightly in confusion. "You'll need to give me a bit more detail for me to grasp what you're asking. As far as I'm aware, Jedi typically don't engage in hunting others, so I'm at a loss without additional context."

Despite his questions, Braze began to clear the remnants of their meal, carrying dishes to a compact sink nestled within his sophisticated tree home. This place, while nestled among the branches, boasted an elegance and a touch of modernity unexpected in such a rustic setting.

He glanced back over his shoulder, a soft, encouraging smile forming as he sought to bridge the gap of misunderstanding between them. "Jedi are peacekeepers, scholars, guardians of the galaxy's balance—not typically hunters. So, if there's a situation you're involved in, or someone you're worried about, I'd like to understand. Maybe there's a way I can help, or at least offer some guidance."

The sunlight filtering through the foliage cast dappled shadows across the interior of the tree home. It was clear he wished to offer support, to extend the sanctuary of his home not just as a place of physical refuge but as a haven for open conversation and clarity.

"Is Teresa in trouble? Or is there someone else you're concerned about?" he continued, drying his hands on a cloth as he turned to face her fully,

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"It's fine. I don't mind helping," Komi said softly, as she went about cleaning up the dishes with a sense of familiarity, her movements deft and efficient as she carried items through the room. Despite her accustomed ease with the task, her mind seemed preoccupied with deeper thoughts because braze asked for clarification of her question.

"If you don't know about it, it can't be helped," she mused, her tone tinged with a hint of sadness, as if she were reflecting on something she once found appealing. "They are not everyone's guardians or protectors," she added, her voice trailing off slightly. After placing dishes into the sink and walking back to get the next lot she'd stop staring out the window as he spoke. "Their are not everyone's guardians or protectors." she added, her voice trailing off slightly. "I don't see them in that light at least."

Turning to face Braze, her gaze met his directly hinting at her vulnerabilities. "I mean, there is not a moment I don't feel on edge out and about. The galaxy is a scary place," she confessed, her words trembling slightly with emotion. "Being away from home terrifies me because I'm worried that one day I am gonna turn around and find one of your kind."

The mention of Jedi seemed to evoke a palpable fear in her, as if the mere thought of encountering one sent shivers down her spine. "It scares me, Jedi scare me," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "I know Teresa will protect me, but she's not always close to be there." There was some relief that Carnifex gifted her mistress her own soldiers to use freely. People she hoped Teresa would take the effort to rely on and build a some level of relationship. A group ready to fight for her rather than going at things on her own.

Komi's expressions seemed to deepen, revealing a complex web of emotions tied to her allegiance to Teresa, who she acknowledged was not always a benevolent figure. "Don't get me wrong, I love her just like family, and she does more for me than what you'd probably think. I know Teresa... does things sometimes that is cruel. I've seen it the things she's done to a bad person." she admitted reluctantly. "Some things she does confuse me, even frightens me. I'd trust her more despite the bad things she does."

Komi continued to get more dishes. "I don't think she's a bad person though."

Last edited:

Braze tidied up, carefully packing away any remnants of the meal into containers before placing them in a small box he retrieved from his collection of salvaged items.

"Well, I've never really had those kinds of problems with Jedi... A Jedi is more inclined to pursue slavers, kidnappers, war criminals, and the like. Unless you're committing egregious crimes, I don't think you need to worry much about Jedi," Braze remarked, aiming to provide reassurance with his insights on the matter.

He then shifted the conversation to a darker tone, reflecting on the perils that lurk in the galaxy. "There are a lot of frightening individuals out there... some of the most terrifying people I've encountered are Sith," he continued, his voice bearing the weight of his experiences.

"There was one individual I met who used to be a Jedi and turned to the dark side... he roams around draining the life and essence from people, leaving them as mere husks, their minds vacant after he absorbs their thoughts and personalities to merge them into a grotesque extension of himself, leaving them like vegtables.

Another vile character I encountered employs the Force to sow chaos and foster discord, reveling in the fear, pain, and suffering he inflicts.

Yet another Sith I've come across inflicted such harm on one of my closest friends that she's now in a coma, after she terrorized innocent bystanders during a small town's harvest festival, all to extract the spirit of some ancient Sith ancestor from my friend, using her as a vessel... I have yet to meet a 'decent' Sith. They all seem to embody malevolence. And this deeply concerns me."

Braze took a moment to collect his thoughts before continuing, his voice carrying a mixture of reverence and warmth.

"My master, Jasper, embodies the essence of compassion. He dedicates himself to healing those afflicted by ailments wrought by the Sith, aiding in the evacuation of civilians caught in the crossfire when planets are besieged by malevolent forces seeking dominion. He stands as a guardian for those unable to protect themselves, offering healing wherever possible. He is the kindest man I know and epitomizes what it means to be a Jedi... acting rightly simply because it's the right thing to do, without any expectation of praise or reward," Braze shared with evident admiration.

He then shifted to a more personal note, "Knowing he cares for me and is there to protect me offers me an immense sense of comfort. Yet, there's this lingering fear within me—the idea that those adhering to the Sith philosophy might capture me, using me as leverage against him, or attempt to corrupt me, bending me to their will for some twisted, fanatical scheme they've concocted."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Once all the dishes were at least in the kitchen, she took a seat back on the same couch from earlier. Komi listened intently, feeling conflicted by the conversation. The girl did not know why she brought this up in the first place. Still, it was hard not to agree that there were certainly very bad people within the Sith, stories that she couldn't help but close her ears to. The people Braze talked about did sound like bad people. None that Teresa was associated with.

"I guess there are bad people and not-so-bad people on both sides," she mused. "Your master sounds like a good person though, based on what you've said. But, honestly, I don't know anyone who would say bad things about those they are close to." Komi certainly wouldn't; she wouldn't speak ill or slander her family or Teresa.

"I couldn't say what Teresa does on the battlefields; she keeps me away from them," The retainer admitted sounding thankful for that. "I know she fights and returns home in a good mood that lasts for a bit. Given what she trains in, it makes sense to come to that conclusion that's all she does is fight. but I'm low-key trying to get her used to people. Lord Carnifex is trying to do the same," Komi chuckled, thinking it amusing that until now she never realized that.

"And I certainly understand what you mean about having someone to protect you; it brings comfort," Komi remarked. "As for the capturing part, I think Teresa already extended her... umm, boon or blessing?" She gestured towards the feather he'd woven into his braid. "I interpret this loosely because she struggles with words. Teresa protects what's hers. You said you are a friend, so yeah, Teresa would come for you in some way if she was to find out."

Braze appeared thoughtful upon hearing the comment, a light sense of relief crossing his features. "Well, that's comforting, at least," he admitted with a gentle tone.
"People do have their disagreements now and then, so I hope nothing changes between us," he shared softly, before turning to dry his hands.
"As for whoever might be chasing you, I may not be sure of their identity, but I can offer you some assistance. The techniques I can teach you will help you defend yourself against most ordinary individuals who might wish you harm. The first course of action is to run... But if you find yourself cornered, position your back against the wall. This prevents anyone from flanking you, reducing the angles you need to defend."

"Beyond positioning yourself strategically, awareness is your best tool. Always be mindful of your surroundings and the people in them. This can help you anticipate and avoid potential threats before they escalate. If escape is not an option and you must defend yourself, remember that your aim is to create an opportunity to get away safely, not to engage in a prolonged fight.

Use your environment to your advantage. Anything can be a weapon or a tool for defense if you think creatively—chairs, bags, even keys or pens. However, the most effective weapons are your body's natural weapons. Aim for vulnerable points on an attacker's body: eyes, nose, throat, and groin. Strikes to these areas can incapacitate someone long enough for you to escape.

Also, don't underestimate the power of your voice. Yelling or screaming can not only attract attention but might also deter an attacker. There's strength in drawing attention to your situation.

In terms of physical defense, keep your movements simple and efficient. Complex techniques require precision and can be difficult to execute under stress. Basic strikes, pushes, and kicks to vulnerable areas are more reliable."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She glanced over at the boy with white hair, effortlessly delving into the topic that caught her interest. It was captivating, the amount he could say in one go. "I feel like this is definitely one of those easier said than done," she said with a soft chuckle and a slightly forced smile. "But I'll do my best to remember what you just said."

Slowly, her attention moved down as she pushed the fabric around with her finger, almost as if she were drawing. Every few moments, the fabric was brushed in the opposite way to erase and start again. "I hope I never find myself in a spot where I need to defend myself, honestly. Knowing how to is kind of useful, I can't deny that. My parents used to try to get me to go to self-defense classes when I was little, but I never got into it then."

Her eyes returned to the boy. "Don't go too easy on me in a bit. I'll try... no, I will handle it," her tone filled with determination. "There must be a reason the adults around me keep suggesting it, right?"

"Well, yes, initially it's hard to start... but once you begin, you shouldn't ever stop," Braze assured her. "Always practice, and you won't really have to worry," he reiterated.

As she inquired about why adults often recommended self-defense, Braze nodded, understanding the depth of her question.

"If you are by yourself, how can you be protected?" he posed another question, stepping forward. Grasping Komi's wrist firmly with his right hand, he illustrated his point. "If someone bad comes to take you away, what will you do?" he asked, then pulled her toward him to simulate a potential threat. His grip was firm, indicating the seriousness of the situation without intending harm.

He posed the question as a practical lesson, waiting to see her response. Braze's grip slowly tightened, not to harm but to emphasize the importance of being prepared to react. His intention was to teach, to show that inaction could lead to discomfort or danger, reinforcing the value of self-defense skills for personal safety.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"Umm, I can't, but I've never ne—" Her words halted abruptly as she felt a hand wrap around her wrist. The suddenness caught her off guard. There was no time to react as she was quickly pulled up from the sofa, stumbling forward until she was dangerously close, her face nearly colliding with his. "Ouch! Braze, what are you doing?" she exclaimed loudly, not expecting to be jerked around like this. As his grip began to tighten, the tension was easily read in the retainers furrowed expression. She attempted to pull her arm away several times, but it was to no avail. Uncertain of what else to do, Komi pushed forward with her shoulders, inadvertently tangling her legs with his.

Braze merely smirked at her as she struggled, seemingly in vain. "Well, if I were a bad person, and you didn't know how to defend yourself..." He stepped back after she pressed against him, standing firm like an unyielding wall. With seemingly no effort, he began to walk away from the couch, dragging Komi by the wrist. Before he was clear of the furniture, he paused, pulled her forward, and then hoisted Komi over one shoulder.

"I could take you wherever I want and do whatever I please. And if I were a bad person, that would likely involve bad things... and you couldn't stop me." He moved back towards the couch and gently set her back down onto the soft, squishy cushions, placing her down harmlessly as if to underscore his point. "You wouldn't want that to happen, and none of the adults who care about you would want that to happen either. There are fates worse than death."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
So easily was she pulled along as her efforts to break free were futile. Even as he stepped back she had no choice but to step with the white haired Jedi. "Braze stop." She said just as he pulled her again this time hoisting her over his shoulder in one quick motion. Komi's legs bumped into the boys chest over and over as she pounded on his back too with the side of her fist. Not that any of them would actually hurt.

No amount of struggling stopped her from hearing his words, more so that she was getting angry at him for what he was doing now. They were not the actions of a good person either. Well, except for how he put her down with care back onto the sofa. Some tears had began to flood her eyes as she looked at her wrist rubbing it with the other hand.

Those same green eyes flashed up with a frown but it looked clear that she understood the reason behind why he did. "I! I get it. Also that really hurt. Could have gave me a warning at least." Komi corrected her position to get comfortable again, this time she was more cautious.

"Bad guys won't stop, no matter how much you cry, scream, beg, or plead. They don't care if they hurt you, and they won't give you a warning. They will strike when you're tired and weak, taking advantage of your vulnerabilities to abuse you in any way they see fit," Braze stated plainly.

"It's imperative that you learn to defend yourself and know what to do should someone try to capture or kill you. This knowledge lets you rest easier, ensuring you can defend yourself against threats, even when your protectors aren't around to help. You'll have a chance at survival," he explained.

"They say this because they care about you and love you. And I agree—you should learn self-defense,"
Braze added, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. He frowned; she seemed rather upset with him, but he felt his point had been vividly made, even if he had been realistically quite gentle.

He stepped up to her and offered his hand. "Grab my wrist," he suggested, implying she had the opportunity to lead him wherever she pleased, though this was likely a precursor to demonstrating how to escape a wrist grab.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Again the retainer would not deny that the jedi was right. She knew all too well that begging, crying or pleading did not work. Part of her wondered if Teresa really just did not want to teach this herself. Then again Komi did not want to know what it was like to be punted across a room effortlessly. That's something she'd seen regularly before the pregnancy actually.

"I—I know that and undertand they say it because they care. That's why I said not to hold back but I did not expect you to just come at me like that, I expected warning okay." She thought it was a fair request. Komi sighed a little. "Then again I don't really know you, cept you are a jedi, cute and about my age." One of those words where mumbled so quietly that her ears bearly picked it up. Seeing Braze offer his arm, she held onto it tightly but her grip strength was not much. Still cheekily and at an attempt at revenge or without thinking. Komi pulled him towards her immediately.

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze stepped forward, guided by Komi's Pull, and smiled as they came close, gazing down into her eyes. In the silence, he admired the depth of her gaze, the proximity allowing him a moment of quiet appreciation. These brief moments felt fleeting yet seemed to stretch into an eternity. Wordlessly, he lifted his hand, tracing a gentle circle around and towards the opening formed by her forefinger and thumb. With a smooth motion, his hand softly slipped free from her grasp, leaving a whisper of contact and a hint of unspoken connection.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom