Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Winds of Change - pt 2 (TEOAB)

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

qDuwLjQVAHWSbzN8JANIOs3khIvvUm9aWztdTjzcJb5hs9iADY11Vxc2WEyq2DrQRHI7jc2Nun8LWZI8Ov2a2KKUR7-R5UVaZTH75D5osWZ6LjDU5nS9_WZ21CgbOBZtEa5ISf2NqwPv7_WrkwaGEG8
V9f0QED.png
The small shuttle streaked through the soft pink illumination of the evening sky as red trails followed behind the shuttle. Komi comfortable behind the pilots seat though her hands did not need to touch the controls. Rather her eyes turned between outside the window and the blip indicating the location of her mistress's ship. The Shade's thrusters throttled back as it began to arc slightly around a grouping of large trees with some illumination coming from under the branches. "It's not like her to land next to where people are." She said to herself as the shuttle slowed right down to a hover before backing into the shadow docking.

su0uEgz.png
The girl stood letting the automatic systems do its thing. As she passed the rack shed reach up collecting several bags containing clothes and groceries. Walking through, the door whooshed open with a hiss yet inside was eerily quiet. "Teresa!? Mistress? are you asleep somewhere?" She spoke loudly as the retainer moved throughout inside checking each room. Yet there was no sign anywhere. It was then the girl thought the woman was still out. With a slight huff the girl took the time to place things away before checking what was outside. First she would check it out through the cockpit of the Shadow and it seemed like some kind of home.

Komi was Certain that Teresa's mother was in Tangletown so it made this odd. With her datapad in hand she traversed through the ship to the front entrance. Its door opened and ramp extending out, for a little self amusement she would ride the ramp til it jolted to a halt. Cautiously Komi entered the compound where dangling lights hanging from one post to the next lit the path.

"Um, Hello!" She shouted out wondering if there was anyone around or if perhaps her mistress had relocated some rabble. It was then a medley of aromas began to hit her nose. 'So Teresa had not relocated anyone,' she thought knowing there was no way her mistress could make that produced such a scent, not even ten percent close to this.

Following her nose to lead her to answers and sait the curiosity she came up to the door knocking a few times.

Last edited:

Braze was deeply engrossed in mastering the delicate art of Bonsai crafting, meticulously arranging various planters and a diverse selection of plants in each. With a joyful dedication, he focused on shaping and curating one specific pot, housing a diminutive plant, gently adjusting its position now and then. His concentration was broken by a voice, unfamiliar yet intriguing. Setting aside his botanical endeavor, Braze strolled out onto one of the balconies, leaning forward with a curious gaze. There, his eyes met a striking figure with fiery red hair. Resting his cheek on his hand, he leaned against the railing, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. "Well hello there~" Braze cheerfully called out.

"I'm guessing you must be Komi," he inferred with a confident tone. "Feel free to come up those stairs and join me inside, but please, leave your shoes at the door," Braze kindly requested, as a small black cat weaved her way through some bars to catch a glimpse of Komi. Scooping up the kitten, Braze showered her with affectionate kisses, retreating indoors as he vanished from sight. He promptly checked on his ongoing culinary venture, a sigh of relief escaping him upon seeing that everything was proceeding flawlessly. Anticipating the arrival of his new acquaintance, he headed toward the staircase he had indicated, ready to welcome the newcomer.

Inside, the treehouse home was an inviting realm of warmth and comfort. Braze had earlier prepared a feast that filled the air with mouthwatering aromas. The main course, ribs, had been slowly baked to perfection, their succulent meat falling off the bone, marinated in a rich, smoky sauce that balanced sweetness and tang with an expert touch. Accompanying the ribs was a fluffy, vibrant yellow rice, its color brightening the table, seasoned with a blend of turmeric and herbs that promised a delightful burst of flavor. For a side dish, a crisp green bean almondine, the beans tender yet snappy, tossed with toasted almonds, added an elegant simplicity to the meal.

As twilight descended upon Lothal, the gentle sway of the night breeze through the treehouse added a serene ambiance. String lights twinkled amidst the leaves, casting a soft glow that danced on the wooden floors and rustic furnishings, creating an almost magical setting. The delicate hum of the breeze mingled with the faint rustle of leaves, setting the scene for an evening of culinary delight and new friendships.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

qDuwLjQVAHWSbzN8JANIOs3khIvvUm9aWztdTjzcJb5hs9iADY11Vxc2WEyq2DrQRHI7jc2Nun8LWZI8Ov2a2KKUR7-R5UVaZTH75D5osWZ6LjDU5nS9_WZ21CgbOBZtEa5ISf2NqwPv7_WrkwaGEG8

Looking up to the sound of a voice, Komi saw a boy with stark white hair that nearly had a glow about it as light hit. A few things made a little more sense at least well, least till she heard her name. "A! uhhh... what?" She muttered really confused again. "O-okay??" Watching the boy pick up the cat and shower it with affection as he returned inside the retainer remained stood there for a moment.

"Is this another retainer?" Pondered the girl as she opened the door and left her boots at the entrance before heading up the stairs. The strong smell of food hit stronger the further she climbed. Finally reaching the top she saw the boy and her eyes widened a little now getting a clearer view. "Oh... h-hello." She said with a very obvious red tone to her cheeks. "Also, y-yes. I am ahh Komi." Her sense of though was shaken.

Komi's hand raised up to her lips partly covering them. "oh damn, he cute," She said the words slipping from her lips accidentally as internal thought became external. "Sss-sorry. I don't suppose my Mistress has came through here?" Slowly her eyes wandered around the room at the furniture and the very rustic. "Big tall lady with wings. Lady Pallex's ship is here so I'm a little confused."

Braze gently placed the kitten down, after bestowing a few final, affectionate pets, and turned his attention towards the little redhead, Komi. He noticed the subtle shift in her demeanor, her shifting emotions catching his curiosity and drew him in. With a deliberate grace, he approached her, his somber jade-green eyes holding an inviting warmth. Offering her his most charming smile he coudl muster. "Welcome to my humble abode, Komi. I'm Braze it's a pleasure to meet you." he purred.

Catching the mention of Teresa, Braze's expression brightened with recognition, his eyebrows arching playfully. "Ah, is that the surname of Miss Teresa~?" he inquired, a hint of tease in his voice. He casually brushed his fingers through his braid, the black feather with its striking red tip catching the light as he toyed with it. "I do believe we've met," he chirped.

Braze's manner softened as he continued, his offer to Komi laced with a thoughtful concern for her comfort. "I'm not quite sure where she wandered off to, but she's expected for dinner, and I assumed you'd be joining us. Might I offer you something to drink in the meantime? Coffee, tea, perhaps some fresh juice?" His inquiry, trying to be casual yet considerate, ready to accommodate her preferences.

"Dinner is pretty much ready; we're just waiting for our last guest- TEresa her self... Please, make yourself at home,"

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

"Y-yeah. Thank you." replied simply and bowed her head a little as a action of respect. It did not hide feeling the flushness of her cheeks that felt hot without even touching. The pink tones had washed into deeper shades, not one ounce of her expression was even hard to read. How could she not be taken by the mixture of his charming smile and low and gentle voice. The retainer was certain that if this was a scene in a holo romcom, steam would be blasting from her ears night now.

As he took note on how she referred to her Mistress and the mistake, Komi could not help but laugh a little amused. "No no not quite." She paused to calm herself with the giggles. "It's not her surname, but I've heard her used it once or twice as that. Pallex is a Title sort of I think or a different name, in full it would be Darth Pellax I believe."

Her eyes was drawn to the feather that was caught the light attached to the braid. There was no mistake in those colours of the fine bristles of the feather, though it was perhaps more unique than the ones her mistress grew. Given the countless mornings spent, washing, preening and other bits of grooming. Despite the uniqueness it really was like one of her Mistresses.

"Oh, I have a very good idea where she might be, but I am not at liberty to say what that is other than it's very important to her." The way she spoke was slightly somber especially after all she heard when Teresa fought her father just two weeks ago. Even for Komi it was a lot to wrap her head around. The girls eyes flicked down as she spoke in her head, 'I hope she's fine.' Flicking back up her eyes met Braze's. "Also a caff please, that would be really nice."

"Again thank you." Moving further into the space after being told to make herself at home the Retainer found herself a comfortable spot on the sofa, where she'd lean against the chair curling legs up. "So, how do you and Mistress know each other?"

Braze listened intently to Komi's words, taking mental notes as she spoke. "Oh? Well, we don't really know each other that well. But I'd say we're new friends," he mused, reflecting on their budding relationship. "I made her breakfast this morning when she came flying through here, as she was thinning out the local wildlife right outside my doorstep." Braze gestured toward the expansive view beyond the treehouse.

Moving to the kitchen, he prepared a cup of sweet cinnamon and vanilla coffee, ensuring it was rich, sweet, and creamy, with a comforting warmth. Served in a sleek black mug, he accompanied it with a small plate of lemon cookies. Dusted with powdered sugar, the cookies were petite but packed a tangy punch.

Returning to the living space, Braze stood across from Komi on the couch. As a tiny black kitten scampered up to him, he bent down and scooped her up, cradling her in the crook of his arm like a small child. Holding the kitten, he swayed gently as he made his way around the coffee table and took a seat opposite Komi on the sofa.

"I occasionally get odd visitors out this way," he shared lightly, the tone of his voice inviting and open. "I've met a variety of people: a wilder by the nam eof Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari , Thelma Goth Thelma Goth a maiden with a troublesome problem ; Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze , a Mandalorian ; a strange blonde woman ( Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira ) ; an odd man with a funny name seeking the temple, Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr ; a fine warrior , Leon Nerrac Leon Nerrac ; Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to , a pleasant mute; an odd lost traveler, Laphisto Laphisto ; Bryngaar Bryngaar , a Wookiee seer; a vile Sith woman, Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , whom I vow to hunt down ; Iris Arani Iris Arani , a close friend of my Master ; Kaleleon Kaleleon , my brother in faith; and now, Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax , and of course, Komi." Braze's voice was a purr, rich with the intrigue of his encounters.

"Suffice to say, I've made myself quite at home here on Lothal. However, recent events have me concerned that it might not be wise to stay." His tone was contemplative, hinting at the depth of his thoughts on their current circumstances.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

The girl looked shocked and puzzled and more shocked. 'Teresa.... making friends?' A little more fell into place after what Braze said following. Komi's expression softened again thinking that sounded more like her. "She is rather averse to credits. If it does not interest her she simply ignores it," she chuckled a little finding it amusing herself. "It's why she has me thought I think. To simply do the things she cannot." Those words that left her lips sounded warm finding a sense of happyness with how things are.

"Thank you very much." She said being polite again as the cute boy brought a drink for her. It was somewhat rare as she was so used to tending on others now. Occasionally Teresa would make drinks, though she somehow made them taste a little bitter but was getting better over time. Really it was just safer to do it herself. Seeing the cat prance about and up to Braze and scooping it up, Komi thought how much a holo perfect picture it was. The fact he sat across from her too. She could relax well this evening.

She'd listen intently to him talk about all the many people that had visited this place, there was even one she somewhat recognised as a mid sized player in the schemes of the sith order. He also expressed concern, she recond to know what it related to. "Well it seems like a lively place. I was surprised when you called her a friend honestly. She's a rather... I suppose reserved lady. Her often impoliteness and teasing does not help or when she is in a bad mood."

The girl reached forward for one of the biscuits and dipped it in the drink before devouring it whole. For a moment her cheek where puffed out like a Ikov for a moment. Of course she would use her hand to cover her mouth for a moment but her slender hand did not hide all. "Guess you could say I am a little glad she is trying to get used to talking with others thought. It'll help my Mistress much in the future."

Braze smirked at that, a mischievous glint dancing in his somber jade green eyes. "I'm not big on manners myself," he chirped, his tone playful yet edged with defiance.

"I've been finding it easier to make friends lately," Braze added, his voice carrying a note of contemplation. "I seem to be pretty good at finding common ground with most people... I don't think you need very much more than a small bit of mutual respect," he offered softly.

As Braze observed Komi's shifting emotions, he took a moment to study them, pondering the potential implications they held.

"You have funny markings on your face... are they tattoos or like... makeup?" Braze asked curiously. "They kind of look almost like what Teresa has on her cheeks," he offered softly, his words laced with genuine interest.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

The girl nodded at his words. "I completely agree," she said with a light giggle. It was frustrating to be talked down to or made feel invaluable. There are many who do that and she partly knew the reasons and chose to ignore them to the best of her ability. Besides the girl knew her value, Teresa had said it many times that filled her with pride.

As Brazes asked his question, she could not help but think he was the first to ever ask. "O-oh these, they are neither of those. I don't know how to explain it, Lord Carnifex taught Lady Pellax something with this power some people can use. I don't really understand it myself." Really she did not know how to explain the things Teresa could do other than, she could and so could many others.

"They serve a purpose that it lets her know where I am amongst some other things for my protection is what she told me. They were meant to fade but didn't, I kinda like them for that reason they have a similar part. It's a show of my loyalty and I think it makes it clear who I serve too. However mine span more than you can see on my face and neck." She looked a little embarrassed blurting out some of that without so much a thought.

"S-so, do you live out here alone then or?" She asked shifting her eyes about to anywhere but the boy in front of her. He seemed quite responsible and this place seemed cozy and comfortable. Mostly the uniqueness of the space had a somewhat humble feel. It was a strange concept but loved it all the same. "Seems strange, someone my age does not have someone older around is all."

"So they are permanent? What if you like have a big fight and want nothing to do with them in the future? Won't it bug you that you're covered in some symbolism that kinda marks you as a possession?" Braze asked as he observed the intricate 'force tattoos' adorning the girl's face and neck.

Braze asked, his brow furrowing with genuine concern. "I don't really think people should be 'owned'."

Leisurely petting the black kitten Braze reclined comfortably. The soft purring of the feline providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation.

"I live wherever I go to sleep," Braze explained, his gaze drifting momentarily toward the tranquil surroundings of his tree home. "This is a nice little rest location where I can get some peace closer to the openness of nature." He paused, a small smile gracing his visage. "I built it so I could rest after training. I have an unhealthy obsession with training, and this place helps me find a cozy spot of my own where I can relax and entertain other skills," he concluded.

"I normally sleep in the temple on Coruscant or sometimes I stay with my Master on his ship," Braze added, offering a glimpse into his usual living arrangements.

"Do you like being a... retainer?" He finally asked curious to know what kind of life that might be.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

She did not understand the concern he was showing for these marks. "I think so, but I chose to follow Teresa and it saved my life. She gives me purpose and I feel pride in what I can do for her." The girl's words displayed her deep rooted loyalty. "I don't think of this as possession and she has told me many times that I am invaluable. She protects me even though I am not strong like her. So I help her where I can." Komi said a little defensively.

Listening to the cute boy talk he seemed quite the traveler, and as he reached the part about training hard Komi giggled. "Teresa is very much the same, every morning or evening training." Certain words started to bounce in her head, though the question put her though on hold a second. "I love being a Retainer." There was no hesitation to her answer and said without needing to think about. 'Training, temple, master, Coruscant, is the cute boy a Jedi?' Those four words stuck out in her head.

The rosy colour in her cheeks washed away leaving her looking pasty. Even her posture changed as she sat up and closed off with her body language. "Are... are you a J—." The sound of the door opening made her attention snap in that direction, only to see a large woman with wings ducking slightly through the frame.

Teresa could feel the fear run from her little retainer. The Valkyrie looked at the scene and figured Komi had just worked it out, given outside she did not pick up on those emotions. "I'm back, the food smells great." She said looking at braze announcing her return. Her gaze then turned to the pale retainer. Holding her wings she moved in bare feet striding across the wooden floor. Sitting besides the young girl Teresa pulled her close. "Calm down Komi, he's just a little different, so no need to fret." She said softly rubbing the girls shoulder to comfort.

Braze watched Komi closely, sensing the subtle shifts in her emotions like delicate ripples on a pond. As she spoke, he couldn't help but tilt his head in curiosity, wondering what had caused her sudden change in demeanor. He coudl feel her sharp emotional shift. Rewinding the last few lines of their conversation in his mind, he pondered her words carefully before responding.

"I'm glad it smells good," he murmured, his voice soft and reassuring. "I'll set the table and serve if you'll join me in one of the seating areas down near the small stage, in the next platform over." With a gentle motion, he set the kitten down, his movements fluid and relaxed despite the sudden spike in Komi's stress levels upon Teresa's arrival.

Taking a moment to gather his thoughts, Braze nodded slowly before speaking again. "Yes... well, sort of..." he began, his words measured and deliberate. "I almost wasn't... a jedi that is... I tried to run away a lot until I met Tella, then I met Wake... or, uh, Darth Nwul Darth Nwul ... as he is called now." His voice trailed off briefly as he recalled the journey that had led him to his current place in life.

"So yes... I think I rather like my hand in life presently, and I love my Master," Braze continued, his tone infused with warmth. "He's very kind to me and knows how to help me feel... normal... He makes me feel cared about, and that's more than I could ever ask for." A soft smile played at the corners of his lips as he spoke, a genuine affection evident in his words as hsi thoughts settled on Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him either," he added, his voice steady with conviction. "He's earned my trust and my loyalty with his outstanding kindness, unconditional love, and honest character." With a sense of pride and unwavering devotion.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

The Valkyrie nodded at Braze acknowledging his words with a soft smile on her face. She'd pull her retainer closer in a delicate embrace. It had been a while since Komi looked as teary eyed. "Shhhhhh. It's okay, iiiit's okay" Teresa said softly with a calm tone, her hand still still rubbing the girls shoulder to reassure. the retainer. "I'll take her though."

Komi felt the slightly cold hand rub her shoulder, though the action in and of itself was warming, comforting even. This raised so many questions for her and, she still felt a little frightened. It was not often Teresa had comforted her in such manner, it to reminded her of the days her mother would hold her close when she got hurt or upset. Hearing Teresa wanted to move where requested she'd begin to slide off the sofa.

The Valkyrie let her retainer go first as she petted the girls head from behind. "Normally yes your fear of them is a good thing, Braze is not like the rest I can feel it in my instincts. If your remember when I told you about a kid who spilt juice down Kaine. Same kid." She chuckled hoping her words would at least lighten the girls emotional state. "You can relax yourself around this one. Think of him as my potential apprentice or someone you can freely observe. Besides, the one that orphaned you was at least a young adult and a zealot. This one is about your age, cooks great food and is amusing."

Taking a seat at the table and looking at Teresa, Komi's emotions slowly and steadily began to calm. She trusted her Mistress and part of her wanted to believe that he was not as evil like the rest. A bit of colour came back too. "Mhm," she nodded quietly and sat at the table. She also listened to what Braze had to say as he confirmed that he was a Jedi from his own lips. He also spoke about his Master in the same way she thinks about Teresa mostly. Besides all the ditzy chit the woman does at times when common sense becomes lost.

"S-sorry. That was very rude of me and you welcomed me as guest." The girl said with a bit of genuine honest apology. However she did not wish to dredge up the past for it still hurt much. Regardless it was better to give a reason despite it. "I just have bad memories of someone from your order, it's Teresa who saved me from the same as my uuh yeah." Her jaw clenched tight holding back the creeping feeling pushing its way up.

The Blackened Valkyrie sat besides her retainer enjoying the fact there was no back to get in the way of her wings. Though the height was something to be a little desired for as her knees almost touched the underside of the table. As she sat there contemplating she thought of a good idea to suggest when the meal began. Least by then Komi might be distracted enough to agree to the thought.

Braze watched intently and listened to the ongoing conversation, his expression turning thoughtful, then concerned. He broke the silence with a gentle, "I'm sorry... You don't have to talk about things that make you uncomfortable." With that, he turned to retrieve a TacPack™ from a hook on the wall and presented it to Komi, a gesture of goodwill. "I'm not here to upset anyone. I'd much rather we become friends, if possible. Here, take this," he encouraged, offering the pack to her. "Feel free to open it (Toys). Anything you find inside that you like, it's yours."

After extending this offer of friendship, Braze turned his attention to the meal preparation. He gracefully set the table, then carefully fetched the hot food. With a warm smile, he served each person seated, ensuring everyone received a generous portion of the freshly cooked meal. He then settled down to rest at the table as well.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

Komi was glad that he did not wish to enquire and could see it was painful to say just that much still. Teresa often talked about how she praised those who did not fit into the molds society deems for them. Those who take the opportunity to make their skills useful and work for them. Given how this one was not hostile to them and, well she did not want such a cute face to belong to a bad guy. It would feel a shame cast by the cosmos.

The girl did not expect to be handed a bag. His words warmed her heart like a calming wave washing over it. A little bit of her blush returned too. "I think, I think I'd like that." Opening the back after being requested to do so she would see a great many things tucked inside. Some things reminded her of her younger years. Slowly she'd rummage through it seeing all of what's inside.

Feeling her retainer calmer again, Teresa shut her eyes for a few moments as Braze set the table. After this morning she pushed herself a little to hard physically. Though now she was certain where her mother was now, what she looked like at least from a distance. Soon the smell of food underneath her nose hit. Her eyes opened to seeing the meal and a pleased smile formed on her lips as her mouth salivated. "Looks sooo goooood." She said her voice going a step higher with each word, it was easy to hear the happiness of food.

After a few moments of looking through her eyes kept being drawn to a pretty ornament. Slowly as she took it out there was much more that was attach dangling from the ring. There was a small sparkle to her eyes wondering it it would look pretty in her hair. Carefully she laid it down in a way the dangly parts laid flat. "Is this okay?" She enquired waiting for an answer before zipping the bag back up.

Braze, sensing the shift towards a more positive mood, felt a sense of relief. He was pleased that the treasure he deemed suitable for her seemed to lessen her distress. "Yeah, that's fine," he responded, his voice carrying a hint of satisfaction. He couldn't help but think the piece would complement her red hair beautifully. "I think it would look really nice against your hair... would you like some help putting it in?" he asked softly, trying to be considerate.

Turning his attention to Teresa, Braze gestured towards the meal laid out before them. "Feel free to dig in if you'd like," he encouraged with a welcoming smile. "They've been baking all day, so they should be incredibly tender. Practically falling off the bone. You won't even need to use your hands; they're fork-tender," True to his word, the rib bones slid out clean.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

The offer made her blush a little again. Thinking about it was like performing mental gymnastics while trying to rewrite what she knew. 'Damn boys as a concept were just so confusiiiiing sometimes.' Her Greenish blue eyes looked into his and shily nodded to his offer. "O-okay." Her thumbs tucked under locks of glossy,thick, soft hair gathering it all into one clump and so none was tucked down the collar.

Teresa however only chuckled at the complexity of emotions that swirled in chaos inside her retainer. Now food was set out in front of her she was ready to present her offer. "Braze, I have a question for you," she said watching the boy move around the table. "Would you be willing to show Komi self defence? Even if I held back, i'd be afraid of sending her flying still. In return I'll instruct you with a lightsaber form the jedi would no doubt be apprehensive of teaching you."

"Though, I believe as a warrior it is better to have every advantage one can have so you may continue to survive. My Master calls it Juyo or form erm. Shi, mak, soresu, at, shiso, niman," the Valkyrie would count on her fingers as she went through the list of forms in her head. "Form seven, I think you may find the form therapeutic in a way. I certainly feel better, though achy after." Taking one of the ribs into her hands Teresa took a bite tearing meat from bone and tasting the flavors that coated it.

"Wait what?" Komi spoke a little abruptly as her Mistresses words only receiving a look of you heard in the side eyed glance. 'Least the boy was like one percent less confusing than Teresa thought.' The girl would think about it for a few moments more and wondered how Braze would answer. All the retainer could do was believe that her mistress would let no harm come to her.

Braze approached with deliberate care, his fingers deftly grasping the ornate hairpiece. With a blend of manual dexterity and a whisper of telekinesis, he artfully secured it atop her head, ensuring it was both aesthetically pleasing and steadfast. A soft, "There we go," escaped him as he double-tapped the accessory, affirming its stability with a reassuring touch.

His attention pivoted to Teressa, absorbing her words with keen interest. "Absolutely, I'm on board. My passion for martial arts spans the gamut, and I'm eager to outpace my peers in saber combat," Braze responded with a smirk laced with confidence. He then cast a reassuring glance towards Komi, his tone softening. "Don't fret, I can be gentle," he assured her before retreating to his seat at the table.

"Self-defense is fundamentally about protection—shielding oneself from harm. There's a bunch of clever techniques I'm keen to share,"
he continued, his enthusiasm for the subject evident in his voice.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

The retainer could not help but feel a tinge of embarrassment as someone did her hair for her and a boy no less. How she could scream, internally Komi was beaming. This one was a pass, jedi or not he was kind to her like Teresa. After feeling the reassuring touch she reached back lightly touching the parts that dangled. "Thank you, Braze. Uhm, h-how does it look?" She said sweetly and asked with a small smile on her lips. It would be a lie to wonder if it made her look pretty.

The Valkyrie looked at her retainer and the accessory placed in her hair. "It suits you." Teresa was also very pleased at the immediate answer Braze gave to her offer and request. Her retainer on the other hand was reassured by the words the boy said that he'd be gentle and the enthusiasm. The Valkyrie bit into the food once more savoring the taste for a moment as she chewed drawing move flavor out. The foods enjoyment was made happy by the sounds of pleasure she made with happy hums.

"I love your ethic." Teresa said noting the feeling of pride and confidence with in his words. "I very much see you have the potential to not just outpace your peers but decimate completely in defeat someday." Her tone carried a level of confidence in them wondering what kind of warrior Braze could be shaped into, what power he'd seek. "I've no issues showing you techniques with the blade, perhaps some tricks with the force like I did this morning. Longs as you never intend to use them against my family, I could not care what you do with what I show."

Braze looked at Komi with curiosity, his smile widening. "It's a nice color and really stands out against your beautiful red hair," he said gently, picking at his food and finishing it quickly. He hadn't served himself much; after all, Braze didn't require much sustenance to function.

"Mmm, I do think it suits you very well, Komi. I hope it brings you joy for many years to come," he added, his voice laced with a playful smirk.

"Against your family? You mean like your daughter and her kids, right?" Braze inquired, pondering the implications of what Teresa might consider family. He wanted to ensure they could clarify this point. As he spoke, he toyed with the cleaned bones on his plate, arranging the rib bones to the side. "This sounds reasonable, provided you don't use any tricky tricks or that form against me as well," he said in a playful tone, beginning to swing his feet idly while leaning back in his chair to contemplate. "And thank you for having such confidence in me. I think I can't stop training because I'll never be the best, but I want to be the best I can be, and that's always changing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom