Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Witches And Monsters [TSE/ME Diplo of Dathomir Hex]

Aedan sighed as he saw everyone move to sit down at the other table shrugging as he left the bottle of booze on the table for his guards gesturing for them to take a seat as he strode over to the other table observing the chair that was set up for Carnfiex before with an absent smirk and shrug he held his hand out over an empty space focusing for a moment before the earth started to ripple before a mid sized throne started to take shape. To anyone who had been on the Bane they would recognize it as the primary command throne from the Bane and as it finished forming he strode around in front of it dropping unceremoniously onto it with a sigh his eyes taking a slow moment to look over those present at the meeting as he shrugged lightly. He would let those speak he knew he had been the one to broach the subject of this alliance with Mand'alor and than slowly gotten word of it to Carnifex through channels used for raiding being discreet about it all to avoid anyone catching on.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] @Skorvek @Cassiopeia Australis [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]

While others partook in the refreshments spread out before them he did not.

The Shadow Hand could not afford such distractions be it from an enemy, friend, or a neutral party. The terms of the meeting didn't matter and refreshments were an easy way to disarm and distract others, a deceiving veil pulled over their eyes so the defenses drop. Deception was an art form that the Deceiver had mastered long ago, one of many employed by the Lord of Lies that allowed his family to remain on the mountain top staring down at all the rest. It was important to never allow others to be able to predict his moves, to read what he was thinking. A true master even made moves that appeared to have no purpose or work against their own ideals.

He remained on full alert as he took his seat next to the Emperor in the much larger seats, the Emperor at the symbolic head of the gathering with his hand by his side. Molten eyes scanned past each and every gathered individual, especially the mandalorians who indulged taking the opportunity to see their faces. Out of the comfort of their beskar helmets they opened themselves up and he was able to learn them beneath the surface. Most communication was of the nonverbal nature and the Shadow Hand read all of it, gagued every reaction among their conversations, reading every movement.

Never let anyone know of ones true power.

A whole world was opened up to him through the binding of the Lotek'k, the Fiend of a Thousand Faces. None knew the true extent and they would never know. The Sith Lord screened the surface thoughts of those he could, felt the collective emotions that surged from the meshed groups. The screening wasn't intrusive nor was it obvious in nature. As Yasha returned his words in epicant he simply looked at her, not giving her a reaction or a response good or bad it simply was. The power move was not lost on him in fact it was on the forefront of his mind. Yasha had made a habit of forcing them down trying to make the Sith Empire and its Dark Lord lower themselves. She made Kaine Zambrano position himself beneath her at the Red Coronation. Now all would sit as equals.

They were not.

The Infernal was in essence a young girl hardened through her experiences in a warrior culture, who was taken under the wing of one of their legendary leaders. She saw herself an equal to individuals whose ages were measured in centuries, an equal to immortals who defied death, masters who even defied reality itself by rending its delicate fabric to open a door for the void to crawl back through. They dominated swaths of the galaxy before the Hell Wolf was even born playing a great game before she was even a thought in her parents minds, even before her parents were born. She could play her games with immortals and make them sit at the same level but they would never be equals.

All it showed was just how threatened she felt being in their presence.

As she finished her little speech to Kaine and her closeness he waited a moment before speaking "You have made a wise decision calling us out here, an alliance for the betterment of our peoples." Prazutis said letting his words sink in before he continued. There was a time in the past that it would've taken an army for the Zambranos to step foot on Dathomir, it was one of the worlds in the grip of Clan Rekali, one they would've fought to the death for "But everything comes at a price even alliances. Let us talk terms, have a seat Mandalore." They might've sat on equal terms but the Sith would be able to dominate the conversation, his words spoken as if he had to allow her to take a seat. It was a subtle power move of his own.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"] | [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"]

"Very well, Yasha. We will play by your customs for now." He bade them all take their seats with a short gesture so that the procedure could begin in earnest, each appointed guardians allowed to remain several meters away in the background. The faint scars of their battle still remained upon the Emperor's face, but they had already healed until they were barely noticeable unless you were instinctively looking for them. Age had peppered his hair and beard with streaks of gray, the black losing its once glamorous luster. But his eyes remained vibrant and sharp, ever burning with an intensity that rivaled those of distant stars churning in the ethereal void above.

"And my Shadow Hand is correct, Mand'alor. An accord must be reached upon the price of this new alliance, among other things that warrant discussion. After much internal debate, the Sith Empire is willing to offer the Mandalorian Clans a mutual defense pact in exchange for Dathomir and the other worlds in the region of space known as the Quelii sector, the systems of which are to be transferred from Mandalorian to Imperial control immediately upon ratification of this treaty." The Emperor produced a small holoprojector, which once activated revealed a three-dimensional display of the whole Quelii sector and the twenty-one star systems that comprised it.

"Mandalorian military assets in the area will be allowed ample time to depart the sector, with the exception of an agreed garrison stationed near the Warlock Gate here on Dathomir." He flicked off the holoprojector, "Is this amiable to you, Mand'alor?"

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"] | [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="Skorvek"]

Tarana snorted a little as she chuckled lightly, shaking her head from side to side as she shrugged in defeat, "You caught on relatively quickly." Her voice would echo into [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] 's mind alone. "Usually, others think they've lost their minds when they hear me speak to them." A wide grin crossed the witch's lips as she moved to sort of walk alongside instead of going behind both him and [member="Lark"] , still using her spear as a walking stick though she moved with confidence. "You are absolutely correct though; I cannot make any sort of sound within the vocal variety. But as you can clearly tell I have figured out how to get around that issue." She looked ahead of them towards Shien as they moved, thinking silently for a moment before her voice would pop into the Sith's mind again, "I'm just surprised you're talking to me instead of focusing on Shien, honestly. Why bother with someone who isn't in charge?" Tarana shifted her gaze back to him once more, searching his face for answers.

"My associate will be speaking with Shien. I find that rather then stand in silence, it would be better to get to know the Witches I hope to form an alliance with." Kahlil smiled wide to [member="Tarana"] as she stepped beside him. For all intents and purposes however it certainly looked as if the young Sith was insane, speaking aloud only to himself. But that was how telepathy worked. He cast a glance to [member="Lark"] , nodding once as a reference to his 'associate.' They wouldn't be considered friends technically, but they had their benefits in their alliance.

"So tell me about the witches here."

Age clung to him, a cloak of all weathers. This Sith Lord and his Imperial bearing faded. Desaturated in strands.

A man aging was a noble dragon, clawing at the mountain of his own creation to keep each fragment of gold from rolling to a younger man’s horde. Each grey strand on Darth Carnifex’s brow was monument to his vast years, and reflection of how few Yasha lived. The Shadow Hand scorned her, and the Emperor’s Hand gave once more the desires of her mind.

Equal standing at an equal table.

The one vestige she kept sacred as the memory of the Undying, who lived the child from her place of orphaned fear, and claimed for Mandalore a hazy future. Aedan sat with his usual aplomb, causing the young Mand’alor to smirk and force down a chuckle. The pirate king always could make her smile. Yasha perched on the edge of the table, a better vantage point to scan the monument of Carnifex’s reactions.

Now the planet she took in the Undying’s vacant name was coming not to the Rekali’s, who worked against and ignored her attempts at peace, but to a much more merciful master.

The Sith would rule, and Yasha knew it would not be with the autonomy she gave to the Dathomiri. The Witches governed themselves. The Witches had control of their world, because The Infernal allowed it so. Yet they still scorned the hand.

They still attempted to obliterate the TMDK Tower by the Warlock Gate. And thus, for good and ill, they would find a new bridle and bit in their mouths. One which controlled much of their lives and used the planet itself far more readily than the Mandalorians ever had.

“We are allowed use of the space lanes unimpeded and untaxed. No random searches, no collections or impediments. In return, we will be available for your defence, and will make use those intelligences which could aide you. Those resources you desire from my territories we can give at cost, for the partnership. You receive the Quelii Sector, Dathomir and Cathar. We keep our tower by the Warlock Gate and retain non-exclusive access to the Gate at all times. Our only station in the sector is currently being set to tow to our new border. We ask much of each other, you and I... but I can agree to the terms for the safety of my people.”

[member="Skorvek"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] @Khalil Zambrano

Tarana narrowed her eyes, turning her gaze up to the sky as they walked, a sigh escaping her form as she thought, "I honestly know little to nothing about these witches. I had been apart of another coven, which is actually gone now. These lovely sisters just happened to be around when I came back to visit, so I thought I would try to assist them in any possible way I could before heading back to Iridonia." She shot [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] another glance, perking one brow in question, "You'll also have to be a bit more specific than just 'tell me about the witches here.' Plus, even if I knew them, I couldn't just divulge their personal lives, it's not my place to." A mischevious grin crossed her face once more as she turned her attention forward.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"]

Of course, Aedan had to be a little extra and make a throne for himself. Earth shaping, if she wasn't mistaken, but really? For the man who had helped broker this meeting, he was certainly not acting with proper diplomatic decorum. But then... what did she expect from a man who hung around with Solan?

The terms were laid out by both sides, and they were fair. She had been a major advocate with the Emperor and the Shadow Hand that, while a price needed to be paid, they shouldn't go too far, too greedily in making demands of the Mandalorians for this alliance. It had been her little whisper when the Pirate King broached the topic of alliance about the quiet annexation of Dathomir by the Sith Empire in exchange for such, and she was sure the Emperor was pleased it also meant the taking of Cathar.

She had to suppress a smile at the mention of the garrison that guarded the Warlock Gate. Her experiment there and the infestation of one of the Nightsister clans on the world had worked wonders. They knew how the crystals worked better now, and they could refine and enhance from there to create something even stronger, controllable, perhaps. The best part was that the blame had rested solely with the rogue witches, and a few hints towards the heretics that the Sith had smashed in Chiss space. But, those were thoughts for another day.

"Perhaps the garrison at the Warlock Gate could be a joint operation," she quietly suggested. "A way to show our respective populations the new bonds of friendship between our nations, and to build trust among our militaries."

As Yasha studied his face, looking over every gray strand of hair that flowed through his magnificent beard and hair, the Emperor of the Sith gave her a knowing smile, a slight twinge of the lips that spoke of secret knowledge.

"The terms, as you have laid them out Mand'alor, are agreeable. The Mandalorian people living in the Queli sector will be allowed to continue living their lives as they always have, their businesses will remain untouched. They will also be granted the opportunity to leave if they wish as well, should they prefer living under the auspices of your grace. And what the Lady Raaf speaks is worth pursuing, the Sith Empire will erect its own garrison near the Warlock Gate to jointly monitor the portal into the Netherworld of the Force; for the safety of those still living on Dathomir and beyond, of course."

What was left unsaid, but was most likely known by all in attendance, is that the Sith Emperor would undoubtedly want to study the Warlock Gate now that there was little impeding his investigations into the esoteric structure. Much like with the gate on Thule and the tear on Asation, the Empire would wish to study these tears in the fabric of space and time thoroughly as to better utilize them for the betterment of the Empire's existence.

"What say you, Yasha?"

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"] | [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="Skorvek"]

Since the universe begat itself in a roaring scream of self-design, the one constant was breath. Aditya used to bundle up her little demon-daughter in their one cloak, snuggled up tight. The ripple of desert air refracting off the punishing sand on the other side of the Oasis shimmered in whatever dim or bright light they had.

“See, Yash? The ripples, desert’s breathing. Just like you and me. Even the Netherworld breathes. And see that sky? See the flickers? Breathing. If the sand can breathe, and the sky can breathe, so can we. We’re gonna make it, Yash. Just like Zambrano… he made it, you saw him, course you don’t remember being a baby and all, but he breathed and kept breathing and he got out… he got out… We can… we’re gonna get out…” Yasha remembered salt water on her hair, drip-drops as a young mother clung to her child. Her little spark of hope that if she focused on Yasha, if she focused on keeping her little life alive, just like the God-King of her Panathan homeland, Aditya could defeat the Nether. "Keep breathing, sweet pea. He got out... we're gonna get out. God please, let us out."

But Aditya never defeated the Netherworld. What courage she kept was transferred via osmosis from tears to her daughter’s brow. Yasha, small as she was, defeated the Nether. Pulled her mother out on their only blanket - a cape of Mandalorian design, for the Field Marshall’s wife. The lost Panathan. When Aditya was dead and the Civil War was over, the thirteen year old Yasha looked up from her shining new beskar’gam to see the God-King Aditya put faith in, when all other lights went out.

Yasha remembered the texture of the recycled atmosphere on the ship the Sith and Mandalorian Empires used that day, to settle negotiations on an Alliance. Ra’s alliance. She remembered speaking to him in their Mother tongue, and his hand on her shoulder. Dathomir smelled of smoke and plant rot and Aedan’s flask as Yasha breathed. Amber eyes locked on the face of her once-twice redeemer.

Those black and red eyes. Her mother’s eyes, through genetic anomaly, the same.

The Mand’alor’s face turned to a mask of facial muscles attempting to still the minute quiver between her eyebrows only Darth Carnifex had the angle to see. The crinkle of Cassiopeia’s beskar’gam… she was always unfamiliar with the armour… The tension in Cynthia’s shoulders… Aedan’s gulp, his lips around a flask of unknown containment… Taeli’s predatory smile, asking for another pound of flesh when the Sith took so many.

The sound of a young woman’s lungs, as they in and exhaled, while she sat on the edge of a table and looked eye to eye with a divine monstrosity, who smiled.

It was then Yasha realized she’d completely missed what Taeli had to say. In the distance, the Warlock Gate hummed and sang to the Infernal. It whispered in the air, using the breath of the planet to infill Yasha’s mind with the song of despair of her mother, locked away in the Field of Blades.

‘Yasha! YASHAA!! Yasha come to Mama! This galaxy is too big for you! You’re gonna get more people killed, sweetie pie! Come to Mama! Come home, Yasha! Yasha!! Yasha. Run.’ Her mother’s voice, as constant as the breeze. It chased Yasha wherever she went on the Gods-forsaken planet of Dathomir, as it always did. ‘Run, Yasha. Run now, sweetie. Run.’

A light glinted off a refreshment jug into her eyes, and she cast them to the Dark Lord, whose shadow overwhelmed it. “Hav kek I mad qmav... i'ay bozi pi izili'duemb I izil vomdik…" A whisper delivered into the breaths between them. Dark Lord and Mand’alor.

‘Yasha please! Sweetie, run. Go on, Yasha, run on. Yasha! Don’t you give him a single second, you run girl! Nussyn’s merkin this danged Gate’s pissin’ me off!’

“I uodi duer nsomid. Moqi dui ymvaldui' ynam ed ryhhil.” Another deep breath. “An alliance should be a courtship, not an imposition. Our garrison at the TMDK Tower, as supplied by my Warmaster Aedan Miles will be unco-opted by the Sith. You are welcome to study the Gate, but a word of caution to any troops or scientists you place there… each person has… a half-life in the Gate’s presence. A certain amount of time, before the Gate’s call is too great and the penitent walk, arms akimbo to touch it and end their existence in Sinner’s Rue. It calls to all in time. The guilty first, those who’s hands are covered in the most blood, or have the most regret will inevitably walk directly into death’s maw. A rotation is best. The Rue only allows the valiant out of its’ grip, as I know you are aware, Kaine. The strong survive it, the weak suffer what they must before the Netherworld destroys them utter and complete.

As for deeper cooperation?” Yasha looked again directly into the eyes few viewed for fear’s sake. “There is much we both have to account for, your Empire and mine. Many conversations unspoken. This defence pact is an opening of relations, and the desire for mutual aide… it will be a hard sell on the majority of my People, so it would do us all well to be cautious and kind. To spread forth the positives quickly, and hold back the ire. To allow what misgivings may take place and answer them honourably. Only then can we make success, where before there was the ache of separation and failure.

I accept all terms but this: the Mandalorian presence on Dathomir in our one Tower is respected and not a joint effort, for now… and if a single Sith or Witch dare use my people as experimental fodder again, they be dealt with in a manner less kind than what you do to Jetiise, who displease you.” Yasha set her thumb upon a datapad, and it whirred to colour. She held it out to the Emperor of the Sith, and spoke in a husked tone.

“May our children grow ever stronger with this alliance. May we stand upon the Galaxy and defeat our enemies, until their skulls are ash beneath our feet.”

[member="Skorvek"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Cassiopeia watched the scene unfold before her. It was tense, to say the least. Aeden’s relaxed attitude and shaped throne, and the professionalism and diplomatic tact from the Sith, tensions seemed mostly standard. It had relaxed from the start of the meeting. Her eyes scanned the various vices that were offered to the group.

She wouldn’t stand to get a shot of whiskey, tequila, tihaar, or whatever, but she would longingly look at it. It had become a small solace when she had the chance to indulge, even if she wasn’t able to often. Really, it would have been lovely – maybe it would make the beskar’gam she wore less uncomfortable. She rarely wore the armor to begin with. Cassiopeia was most comfortable deep underground in the genetic research labs of the Ramikadyc’yaim, working with patients regarding genetic counseling, discussing policy with the Wue’gi’vod, but mostly raising her daughter.

Her eyes drifted back to Yasha at the thought. Two great leaders, two great, powerful people in the galaxy. She loved one, her closest and dearest friend. And the other, well, she hated him. If only because of the physical and emotional scars Yasha had from his attacks under Dromund Kaas. Of course, Yasha did leave her own scars on the Dark Lord.

But, did she hear something in the wind? She scratched at her ear as she shook her head. Must be the wind. Her skin crawled.

She gave a small nod, albeit Yasha was in a staring contest with the woman. It was mostly to herself, in truth. Perhaps the other Sith would notice it as confirmation of acceptance. The Wue’gi’vod would support the agreement, even with the slightly changed terms. She eyed the Dark Lord down with an intense, fiery gaze through blue eyes as Yasha passed the datapad to him.

There had better be no games, not on this day.

Dathomir - the Singing Mountain
There was diplomacy elsewhere - you didn’t have to be a force sensitive to feel it.

But Er’in, while she desired personal control of this planet - so help her, for it was a chain and a tie to the Order that Darth Carnifex imposed upon what she felt was a naturally disordered philosophy - Er’in could not bring herself to barge in uninvited. There were rules to any game...

... besides.

She’d come home. Or... to a home that she had never seen.

The witch on guard at the mountain camp took one look at the tattooed Sith walking alone up the long path and raised her weapon.

“Halt, outsider. By what right do you approach the slopes of the Singing Mountain?”

Er’in paused, looked up and slowly opened her arms in a sign of remarkable humility, and - so she had been taught by her mother - peace.

“I bear no quarrel or desire to harm the mountain or those who call it home.”

She let an ancient pendant slip from her fingers so it was visible, said to be a family relic, she really hoped - believed - it was real.

The guard stared at the ancient pendant, with the clearly visible Singing Mountain design still visible on its worn surface to her enhanced sight.

“I am named Er’in Tenel, daughter of Allya Tenel, and I seek to come home, sister.”

In the darkest fringes of the unfolding meeting a darkness lurked its all seeing eyes on everyone and everything.

It was a gaze that pierced cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh. While the Sith Emperor conversed with Mandalore trading terms, others would chime in with their take, while many remained silent and made active attempts not to disrupt the negotiations, choosing to keep side conversations and eating quiet. They had come into this meeting with a clear agenda and a list of demands they intended to see met to meet the price for a deeper pact between their governments. To see a defense mustered they had to pay for nothing in this world came free, and they would pay by giving Dathomir, Cathar, and the entire sector over to the Sith Empire. In exchange for her people who would remain behind staying safe, giving them free access to come and go, as well as a garrison at the TMDK Tower in relative proximity to the Warlock Gate they would have an accord, as relations deepened. In the quiet words were spoken in a different tongue and a soft voice that only a few would hear, words that showed things changing in more ways than one. The Infernal was finally sorting out what was reality and what was fiction, what was real and what wasn't, things changed in more ways than one in those very moments when those soft words were spoken. It almost elicited a grin had he not had the control to choke any visible reaction down.

A misunderstanding between words spoken and things changed as the tension increased. Words clearly spoken were interpreted and assumed in a different way. Negotiations were delicate meetings especially between sides that weren't the greatest of allies or had their differences, one wrong move or word could change a lot. As she brought to bear a datapad he held his hand out to stop her movement before the datapad reached the Emperor "I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding Mandalore, the Sith Empire did not propose a joint garrison. Rather we have added to the terms of this negotiation a garrison of our own in relative proximity to the Warlock Gate, to jointly watch over the rift to the Netherworld of the Force. There will be no cohabitation. Now with that settled do we have an accord?" The Shadow Hand asked pulling his hand away. If there was an agreement once Kaine was finished signing the document he would sign under him as part of the Sith delegation in his designated line.

There was something else that drew his attention.

A presence in the air. To those uninitiated in the art of the force being this close in proximity to the realm of the dead could create a sense of fear, uneasiness. But to the others it might as well being so close to death itself. Whispers from the spirit realm carried over the force reached the senses of the Lord of Lies. They were voices of the many trapped souls who made futile efforts and pushing their way out of the gate, to break from the hell that was the Netherworld and rejoin the ranks of the living. But the gate was a threshhold made for the living, not the dead. It was impassable by the dead and it only served as yet another avenue of indiscriminate torture that the netherworlds fiendish nature would use on many of its souls. The lure of the gate and the voices of its souls could be overwhelming if one truly focused on them they may here thousands and more that tried to reach the living. Only a few among the masses were able to reach out without having someone reach in to hear them. There was one soul among them that drew his attention, that peaked the nefarious mind of the Deceiver. She had hope in her ability to crack the gate but he knew it wasn't a possibility for her, for someone of her stature. This was her torture, her own personal hell smashed up against the proverbial window made to watch life go on without her.

But from one who conquered it he knew all too well death was not the end.

"I have something to give you Mandalore, to commemorate this accord between our two peoples. Humor me." Prazutis said standing up from the throne. The Shadow Hand walked around her and past the Sith entourage outside of the small procession. The towering Sith Lord approached the colossal brightly glowing, runed monolith that rose high into the sky, the gate into Sinner's Rue a short distance away from the procession. All around were abandoned camps from grieving loved ones, the dying, and those who came with the intent of stepping through the gate who never came out. There were scattered camp grounds all around it and littered, abandoned supplies left by camps whose owners were never seen again. He wove and moved his hands his mouth spoke a black speech so vile, so dark it blackened the very area in shadow. A darkness so vile that it caused a nausea to build in the stomachs of the unprepared, one that brought the worse creatures, insects, and denizens of the dark scurrying out towards him. It was a speech that thrummed with power and cut into the ears like knives being driven into the earlobes, it was a disturbing abomination, an utter perversion of the force itself.

"ខ្ញុំជាម្ចាស់នៃភាពងងឹតដែលជាម្ចាស់នៃភាពគ្មានទីបញ្ចប់និងភាពភ័យរន្ធត់ដ៏អាក្រក់បំផុតរបស់វាដែលជាម្ចាស់នៃសេចក្តីស្លាប់។ ព្រំដែននៃការពិតនឹងមិនបញ្ឈប់ខ្ញុំទេ។ ខ្ញុំធ្វើឱ្យក្រណាត់នៃលោកីយនេះហូរទឹកភ្នែកដែលខ្ញុំអះអាងថាជារបស់ខ្លួនដែលខ្ញុំកត់សម្គាល់ដោយភាពងងឹតនៃការច្នៃប្រឌិតរបស់ខ្ញុំដែលខ្ញុំអះអាងថានឹងអស់កល្បជានិច្ច!"

A inky black darkness gathered around the monolith as the area was submerged in pure darkness centered in the raw power of the void of the Great Beyond. A disturbance through the force like shattered glass rang out as reality was cracked open like a door and for moments every single rune of the monolith vanished. They were replaced by a pulsating evil of bright crimson. In front of him a long slender foul smelling liquid that looked like bubbling black ichorlike tar materialized. Quite suddenly the tar took shape and form materializing into a veiled body wrapped in what looked like burial wraps and covered in a black hooded veil concealing its appearance. In one swift stroke the darkness tore out of the monolith and vanished, a single soul ripped from hell itself manifested in the palm of his hand. He drove it downward into the body that shook and twisted uncontrollably for several moments, until it stopped. Unbeknownst to all the soul in its core was blackened and cursed, its very essence blackened and owned by the Lord of Lies. As the figure stood he knelt down before it and spoke words only the figure would hear, any others with enhanced senses strong enough at such a distance would hear an alien tongue, a gutterspeak that simply could not be understood. The figure would hear his words materialized, hear his maddening whispers in its mind. It was a mind bound to a hive and laid bare, it was given as much control as he desired, nothing even in the confines of its own consciousness was a secret.

No one else would know it and the figure wouldn't ever share it not with anyone else.

As he beckoned it stood and followed behind him while he returned to the proceedings and the clouds of shadow faded and the area once again returned to its equillibrium. He walked towards his place next to Kaine and gestured to Yasha "My gift to you. Death is not the end." He said as the figure lifted its veil.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"] | [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"] | @Skorvek

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Life and death.

Strange little states of science. Potential energy used and unused, floating through entropic pulses until the entropy runs out. Some believe in the Force and becoming one with its great lonely nothing. Others believe in Manda, some collective hallucinations of degrading brain patterns brought about by the fantasy of a culture built around armour as skin and teaching eight year olds how to fire ballistic weapons. Crawl through ductwork to slice throats from above. Whatever raises their codpieces, I suppose.

Never put my value in the religious or the hallucinogenic. Yeah, I know. It made me wildly fun at parties. Daddy a former Deacon (his own story on the former bit), who still worships Nereus like he should be worshipping his husband Hector and wife Ada... maybe not Ada.

Mama was a real drain-you-good. Funny looking at my reflection in the terror of the God consuming my soul, and seeing I wasn’t much different for Yasha than Ada was for me.

Ada wanted to make me a golden statue for glory’s sake. A wife of some upper Citizen, or dare she speak aloud, Prince. Never was going to happen, I was far too feisty to play nice, even on the dance floor.

All I wanted for my little girl was for Yasha to be stronger than her father, whose mind broke so hard he was more animal than man, by the time he gave up and frothed at the mouth.

By the first time we survived death, I knew the Netherworld was calling. I knew I shouldn’t have survived. Yasha never should have been able to pull me out of the Warlock Gate. What it cost my six year old, only a mother’s guilt could fathom. So I prepared her for the inevitable clawing at my spine.

A life without me.

Dash if I wasn’t right. No religion about it. No great mystery of spiritual proportions. The equation of my life did not balance with the algebra of the universe, and I had to go. Equation compensated.

Balance restored.

The eldritch horror of [member="Darth Prazutis"] is woefully new, and I would have shut eyes, if I’d had them. Would have clawed at the ether, if I’d had hands.

But the Dark Lord’s brother-uncle gave me a mother’s only reason for tearing the cosmos itself apart: My daughter.

My daughter needs me, and I understand now how much. I understand how much Yasha needs her Mom.

So I’m complicit. Heaven, hell and Chaos itself is shifting for your tears, baby girl. All for my ballerina, too tall to be ‘little’ anymore. I’m coming home, to wrangle grand kids and hug my daughter, who never did anything but try and please me, and hate me, and love me, and grieve me.

Physical pain isn’t something a soul forgets, when it descends upon us. I grunt and gnash my teeth, feeling dentine, enamel, fingernails gouging on the skin of new palms.

A cloak, and a hand as devoid of love as ice is devoid of flame brushes it from hair, which used to be raven-black. I’ll have to dye it.

They have hair dye still, right? And shoe stores, and ships. Carpenters and frail kings? Eyes adjusting to murky daylight peer at a figure dressed in gold, black armour, a gigantic wolf on its’ head.

“Oh lord. Only you’d be ostentatious enough to actually craft armour in the shape of a wolf, Yash. Nussyn’s merkin, look at you.” A twinge to my nose. A sniff I hear, in ears which can do that now, once more. A single intake of breath. “Look at you.”

The softer tone of a mother seeing her daughter in her prime. Yasha wasn’t standing like a terrified little girl, wide-eyed at the dangers and crying for a minute’s rest. She wasn’t the frail little short thing that came out of the Netherworld so malnourished she couldn’t grow to a full and proper Epicanthix height.

“Look at you. My baby. A whisper on Dathomir’s breeze. Feet moving upon the ground to reach the offspring every neuron in my copiously equipped brain fired at me to hold and protect, as maternal instinct allowed.

I reach, arms unused to the pressure of moving through atmosphere and emotional air.

Then my eyes catch hold of the one seated behind my Yasha. The perilous and Dark Lord. “Well aren’t you a big one? Your mama-aunt must’ve fed you twice every time you cried. Mind lifting your eyes from my daughter’s back and get the mooks to give us a minute? Mama needs a minute with her wonder child. Thank you.

Scoot scoot.”

[member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
"I suppose I can tell you the story behind my discovery of this tome, in the meanwhile," Lark said to Shien as they journeyed towards their camp. [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] and the witch who spoke into their mind a bit earlier were having their own discussion, although Lark could only catch half of it. It was good that the young Zambrano found her, she was an interesting one, someone that might prove valuable to the Empire in the future.

"My accomplice and I, we enjoy a bit of spelunking every now and then. Ancient temples, long abandoned ruins, it has become a hobby of ours. I originally ventured to an old Sith tomb on Korriban, but became overwhelmed by undead forces and was to be used as some sort of sacrifice. Kahlil here and another friend of ours came to my rescue, and together we discovered what that haunted burial hid."

"And you're aware of the costs that come with wielding it?" Shien asked, taking a step away from the unholy tome.

He placed a hand on the Necronomicon, feeling the dark power within. "My fate was sealed long before I ever turned the pages of this book," he said. "I've learned so much, so I really had no hesitation claiming it for myself."

"Such secrets always come with a price," Shien warned. "You're toying with powers you don't understand."

Oh, I'm aware of the price. But you're wrong. I do comprehend these powers, there's a sort of understanding between us. One day, I'll completely master these primordial powers.

They soon came across an opening in the side of a mountain, and Shien led the way inside the home of the coven. "We'll speak in a private chamber, and the two of you will remain on watch." She entered a nearby chamber, and motioned for the Sith to enter. They did, and the procession of guards followed, along with the witch who spoke into their minds and a small number of higher ranking sisters. "Now then," Shien said as she sat herself down across from Lark, "Make your spiel."

[member="Tarana"]

"So nothing ties you here? I might have a proposition for you, once I'm finished with my other business." Kahlil smiled wide at [member="Tarana"] as they continued to walk behind [member="Lark"] and the other witches. They were nearing their destination, so the time for side conversations was nearing it's end. "I don't believe I caught your name." He remained by her side until he got her name, where he would then enter the cavern with his hands clasped calmly behind his back.

The son of the Emperor stepped beside his companion, nodding once to the Elder Witch as she asked for their spiel. "The Sith will be given control of this world and many within it's sector, changing from the Mandalorians who had so haphazardly slaughtered you and yours. The Sith want nothing of that. We would rather be friends with the Witches, learning from one another the secrets of the Force. We leave you to watch you and yours and provide supplies; and in exchange you teach us your magic, and in times of war come to our aid."

"Of course, Mand'alor. Wouldn't have it any other way."

He took the datapad without apprehension, scanning over its contest twice just to make sure everything was in accord, and then with a flourish of his outstretched hand he signed the documented and handed it off to Prazutis and the others. With the successful resolution to the transferal of territory from the Mandalorian Clans to the Sith Empire, there truly wasn't much left to discuss in any official capacity though he assumed that Yasha would more or less wish to speak with him in private; to perhaps clarify some burning questions stuck in her mind.

However, not to let a dull moment creep into the meeting, his brother-uncle wrenched forth a life that had long since been considered consigned to the darkness of the Netherworld. The form of Aditya Naphtalia Nussyn Fitz-Kierke rose from the dead, restored as an unnatural gift to the one who was known as the Infernal. Prazutis was bold to break the laws of nature in such a manner, but it was nothing that he or Carnifex had not done before.

Rising, the Emperor spoke; "We will leave you few to reacquaint yourself with lost loves, it is not our place to intrude upon such a reunion." He looked to his companions and they all turned to depart, but they did not make for their shuttles nor the area where their attendants congregated.

Instead, they turned towards the Warlock Gate that cast such a heavy pall across the land.

“We have the accord that this is your planet, and you may do with it as you wish. But get in the path of my garrison and our studies of the Warlock Gate, and I will be most displeased.” Yasha rumbled, the wrist blade of her crushgaunt sheathed but close to defend against the proximity of [member="Darth Prazutis"]. Looking between the members of her cabinet, and the Sith, Yasha passed the datapad to the Sith Emperor and let what needs insisted be done.

“Thank you, Emperor.” Mutual Defence, for Dathomir and Cathar. Security and protection for the Mandalorian Clans. While [member="Aedan Miles"] began the process, it was Darth Carnifex and Mand’alor the Infernal who finalized it. The Infernal realized this deal would create enemies of those whose natural and valid suspicions of the Sith Empire held themselves in contest. But where were they, when the Mandalorian Clans needed aide?

Where were they, when forces beyond their borders threatened to snap and caw at Mandalorian bones? Where were those acquaintances, who when the winds were calm and the conversation sweet made promises, which held up like wet paper under the boot of a Cragmaloid?

If they whispered behind Aruetiise hats about the deal with the Sith, while having done nothing to aide those who asked, all the more fool on them.

Yasha put great trust in the Sith Empire’s willingness to maintain the lines of a treaty, as they previously and continuously did. They earned, over the years of the Infernal’s reign, the right to come to the Mandalorian Clans’ table with a deal of this magnitude. Of course this treaty gave much benefit. She trusted Aedan. If he said this was in their best interest, and they could work within the bounds of the alliance, then this would be far more benefit than curse.

All these things wrapped around a woman handing over a data pad to a man sitting on his throne. A man, whose smile shook her to the muscle fibres and blood in her veins. Amber eyes stared into his face. This man devoid of kindness, who spoke softly. Whose hand was gentle as he reached for the datapad.

Then the cosmos cracked under Darth Prazutis’ pressure. The god once known as Braxus Zambrano ripped reality to threads and rewove it in his own absolutes. Yasha settled in a defensive position in front of the Emperor’s throne, helm reconstructing on her head the moment the energies rushed.

A gift for the Infernal. As if in afterthought, or a moment’s pride.

“Mama?” The wolf-helm again retracted, revealing the widest amber eyes, and roundest lips in a pretty Epicanthix face. The sword in her hand, readied at the initial ‘attack’ of Braxus’ magics, clattered to the ground. The backs of her thighs bounced off Carnifex’s knees as she stood arms akimbo in the middle of the meeting place. “Y-…”

“Aditya!!” A grey blur raced through the scene as Girak Kierke, father of Aditya and grandfather of Yasha sprinted at the black-cloaked figure of his lost daughter. “Aditya, MY GODS!

The Emperor rose, his shadow casting over Yasha’s body as she stood in her fixed state of shock. The action jolted the Infernal, as two small voices joined by a slightly older third peppered into the reunion.

“Magnus! Girak-Kaine! Buir said no! No leaving the ship!” Reyn Cadera, Yasha’s oldest son (eight-and-three-quarters!) chased after two boys no older than five, whose raven hair and bright, intelligent green eyes bobbed as they ran. Reyn grabbed Girak-Kaine’s chubby hand, as Magnus kept running toward the Gate and the Sithly presence.

“M-magnus.. Mama…” Yasha stepped to reach for her youngest child, as her mother’s arms flung round her. She gasped and stuttered. Armoured arms wound around Aditya’s body and squeezed. “Mama… Mama? By Manda, I’m never going to know peace again. Embarrass me in front of the Sith and I’ll kill you.”

There’s my girl.” Aditya laughed and hugged her daughter on her tip toes. “Was beginning to think you turned into a statue…. Wait…. these kids are yours!?”

Aditya looked at the three boys in various states of running and being collected by Girak. Yasha nodded. Aditya slapped her daughter as hard as she could across the face.

“The feth’s wrong with you, girl!? One was enough before you-you’re not even thirty! Are you thirty!? Who the feth has four kids before they’re thirty!? That guy!? Oh, hi Aedan, it's you! Didn’t see you from behind the massive floppy hair, you! You need kids. A wife and kids, your age. How old are you, now? Gosh it's been forever since... well, you know you were there. Fethin' pirate... last person I thought I'd see waking up from Chaos's biggest field of sword measuring disappointment. But you, Yash! Feth me! Braxus! Hey! Darth Prazmatazz! You were a little late, buddy! Mind taking me back in time, too and, you know, letting me inform my daughter’s procreative life choices!? Gods dang, this is what happens when a young lady doesn’t have her Mom.”

“Mama, shut the kark up before I stick my beskad in your voicebox. Leave Braxus alone. He ripped reality apart for you, say something nice. Gosh, I hate you so much.”

“Nice! Me!? Nice? Gosh, Yash, you’ve been without me longer than I thought. Bless me with Nussyn’s cleavage, me, Aditya Nephtalia Nussyn Fitz-Kierke… nice. Oh honey pie, it’s alright Mama’s here.” And in the best representation of ‘nice’ Aditya could possibly come up with in all her years, she rocked her daughter in her arms…

… standing on a box to reach her.

[member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark listened to the negotiations intently. He was confident that an accord could be made between the two parties. "A promise of nonaggression is all well and good, but I feel as though, considering we'd be opening our covens to outsiders in order to teach our secrets, I believe the profits you list heavily favor your side," Shien said rather bluntly. It was something Lark expected to happen, as leader she couldn't afford to look weak in front of her people. But she also was sensible enough to know that this deal had to be made for the witches' sake. "In addition to providing aid for the Empire in their times of war, the same must be said for us. If the covens come under attack from a threat beyond our ability to handle, the Empire must come to our aid as well. And if we're to teach to you our magic, we'll only do so to those gifted enough. Don't bother sending any weaklings unless you don't want them to return alive or sane."

"We would not insult you in such a manner," Lark replied. "Your magic is held in high esteem amongst the Sith, and we would not run the risk of it falling into unworthy hands. As Kahlil said, we want amity between our respective groups. Whenever you or your lands are threatened, rest assured that we will be there. So long as you remain loyal, of course."

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Tarana"]

The deal was done. Mand'alor the Infernal, Darth Prazutis, and Darth Carnifex had signed the pact that would call upon each Galactic Nation to come to their aid in the event of an invasion. A deal that, no doubt, improved the Mandalorians chances at surviving an onslaught from a horde of invaders. And perhaps, the Sith as well. She hoped they would honor their bargain, particurarly for the people who currently live in the sector.

But, she could only hope they hadn't just sold their souls to the Dark Lords. They were honorable people, despite Cassiopeia heavily disagreeing with some of their... Practices. Alas, it wasn't for her to decide anyway. And with the threats faced, there was little choice. She mostly watched Darth Carnifex, though, as he and Yasha interacted. Perhaps he could feel the glare the Mand'alors friend brought with her.

... Cassiopeia's jaw dropped as Aditya Fitz Kierke appeared before them. She had died years ago and yet Darth Prazutis brought her back. Playing with the dead like toys, Cassiopeia's face showed a clear scowl. She wasn't the biggest fan of Aditya - having heard various stories of Yasha's mother. Not to mention, she had heard the clips and such from her. Condenscending, destructive. Perhaps she had a good reason to do so - but, still. Cassiopeia couldn't imagine doing such a thing to Lily. Or if Dmitri was still alive, him. She grinded her teeth as her mind drifted to him in an instant.

Perhaps she was worse than Aditya. After all, she couldn't save him. Lily was smart, an engineer in the making. A mind that would invent all sorts of things. But was she prepared for the horrors of the galaxy? Could she face a monster from the Sith? At least Aditya made Yasha strong, despite Cassiopeia's strong rejection to her parenting style. A crushing worry to a woman's only child, the only one she could protect.

Cassiopeia glanced at Girak as he ran out of the ship, along with Magnus, Kaine, and Reyn. Cassiopeia stood at this point as she thought to intercept the kids. But... Was that really her right? Their grandmother just got resurrected. She especially did not want Darth Carnifex, Darth Prazutis, or any of the other Sith to see the kids. Cassiopeia was frozen, though, in her spot. Of all the things to expect at such a meeting, this was the one scenario she did not expect. How could she anyway?

And so, Cassiopeia simply stood, staring in defeat, confusion, and worry at the whole exchange as Girak collected the kids.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom