Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Everything is Black and White [TSE Dominion of Cadomai Hex]

Objective 4: BYOO - Establish a Spaarti Cloning Facility in the cavern system

"About the designs I sent you?" the Kaminoan asked as they continued their tour their half-complete facility. Taeli gave a half smile, stopping to inspect some of the lab equipment being installed before answering. The Kaminoan she had put in charge of operations at Spaarti was certainly ambitious, and clever. Very clever. The designs she had sent, a new version of the cloning cylinder, were risky. Increased speed in the growing process would be a boon, but even twenty-one days with ysalamir was pushing it when it came to stopping the clones from going mad or being... subpar at best.

Still...

"Cautiously, Doctor, cautiously," she replied. "And testing is not to hinder your other duties."

"Of course, my Lady," Ce answered, bowing low.

If Ce could cut down on the time it took to create a full grown clone, then her plans and those of the Empire could be vastly accelerated. This facility would also go a long way in doing so, once it was operational. Ce's geneticists had assured her that they would be able to create at least 20,000 clones every twenty-one days here. Once they were grown, and at least flash trained, they would be sent off to the next stop on her tour of the new development of the company... the training center that was going to be established.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Cadomai

Obj. III & IV
In Scene: TBD

Thus far Fiolette's experience had been quite charming, "oh C2, Dansen what about this?" She gestured to the sculptures on her right. C2 whirred, and then beep even if he only spoke in binary the Galidraan knew the tone well enough. "I thought it was an adorable creature."

"Oh quite so mi'lady but I do feel that Miss Raaf deserves something a little more ... eloquent and C2 quite agrees." Dansen remarked, the onyx colored protocol droid walked beside Fiolette as little C2 rolled beside them. The art show was delightful and it was just a shame that Taeli had to be away for it. "Ah here we are this is quite the charming piece, I should think. Would work well in the sitting room."

"Perhaps," Fiolette responded, "snap a photo and send it to Taeli."

"Right you are would hate to have to retur- C2, what are you doing?"

The redhead turned and smiled, "he just wants his picture taken with the statue it's as tall as he is."

"Oh if you must, but we really should hurry about Miss Raaf will not be in her labs for long." Dansen remarked, the droid managed a photo of the smaller creature and the statue. From there he snapped a photo of the art piece in question and also sent it along. "Might I say you two are most adorable."

Fiolette blushed momentarily, "why thank you."

"Dare I ask... your true feelings about her?"

"Dansen I haven't a clue what you're asking, and I feel you've spent too much time with Raol and Kit now."

He sighed as much as a droid could as they walked along the streets. "I mean to say you two are getting a little more serious, after all, you've purchased an entire manor."

"You say that as if it's not a normal thi-"

She stopped herself right there and exhaled, "I care for her, how's that?"

C2 beeped and whirred, and gave his opinions on the matter. Fiolette let out another sigh and pointed in a particular direction, "c'mon this way boys." The two droids continued to ask her more about Taeli and where she saw this relationship going. Short of threatening them with a system reboot the Galidraani managed to give them the bare minimal. "I care about her, she cares about me and I am quite satisifed with where we are."

"Now what about his robe?"

The little droid whirred.

"C2-B, watch your language!" Dansen exclaimed and Fiolette had to put a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter.

The Art Show
Objectives Two and Three

Tehkyram had hardly been on Cadomai for a whole day, and he already hated it. The planet was too cold. If the weather wasn't inhibiting enough, the heavy wrappings he wore to help keep his temperature up were. And were that not enough, he was attending an exhibition of the visual arts. So while bound in his heavy garb, he would see dynamism, freedom, and motion on full display, mocking him. Giving him the "gift" of free reign among the gallery was a masterwork of subtle cruelty on his master's part. Though personally, Tehkyram would have accepted torture would it end in him hunting the rebels.

The Acolyte stalked the gallery, uncertain of what he was looking for. Perhaps something interesting or inspiring. Something that spoke to him. Or perhaps, something so offensive that he could request his master purchase it so that he may later destroy it. Were Tehkyram lucky he may find a subversive element seeking to sabotage the deal being brokered. But even then, the general orders were to bring such subversives back alive and intact. Tehkyram was fine with the former, but not the latter.

He glanced across the hall. One sculpture in particular stood out at him, one of a fractured metal sphere, the multitude of small pieces suspended in place, perhaps through some form of repulsor technology. He approached the piece and looked at it more intently. The piece had a certain gravitas, like the capture of horde of screaming voices all crying out at once. It reminded him of a poem he had read, a historical epic.

"Rejoice, for tonight it is a world that we bury!
Have you beheld the darkness sitting upon the earth,
Overshadowing the wind rose, lost in the smoke?"

An uncharacteristic slip from him, reciting the lines so effortlessly. And yet, the exploded sphere captured that feeling, the feeling of a dead world.

"Thus many went astray at once,
The others wandered hazardously through endless mazes,
The rays of the sun whisper of a newborn fright,
And very few horrors in the world could match in terror,"

Tehkyram spun around. The voice coming from behind him was not his own. And yet, they knew the poem perfectly. There, behind him, was a native Snivvian, dressed in modest, unassuming garb. The two spoke in unison, completing the verse.
"The cruelty of that frozen caress and its fragrant secret in blossom."

"So you know of the Tragedy of Darth Sidious The Great?" Tehkyram asked the Snivvian. "I would not imagine such an epic to be so widespread. Sidious remains a controversial figure outside of the Sith."

"You would be surprised," the Snivvian answered. "A true appreciation of art does not discriminate by petty centuries-old feuds. I found the canto you were reciting to be fairly inspiring in its own way."

"The Decimation of Alderaan, you mean."

"Yes, yes, that one. I named this piece after it, after the sheer explosive terror brought on by the death of a planet."

"So you made this piece?" Tehkyram inquired.

"That I did," the Snivvian responded with a nod. "I am a sculptor by trade."

"Indeed, how interesting," Tehkyram mused. "Tell me more..."

The Art Show
OBJECTIVE 3

[member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Amea Virou"] | [member="Leliana"]

Nothing here met the younglings definition of art.

And they knew art. They read holo-comics all the time. This was just a lot of color. Or not. There was a lot of not going on.

Especially the one piece titled negative space. It was literally a white piece of canvas. Like, what the Hutt.

Blink was about the only one of the three paying even scant attention to the pieces at the art show, and then only the sculptures. Primarily because he kept morphing his arm into a replica of whatever form the sculpture represented. Watching the Polydroxol reshape itself, or a part of itself, was about the only thing holding either of the other boy's attention.

That was before something ran across the floor.

Not just across the floor, but under his robe and between his feet.

The back of the Cathar's robe flipped up, as the cub's tail flicked hard in surprise. His ears perked straight up, his fur standing on end. Even as he did a tip-toe dance away from the fast-moving mouse-like projectile, the boy let loose an involuntary, high-pitched Mreow!

...did the mouse just excuse itself?

The boy's large ears slowly eased back along his head, flattening back and then popping back to their usual, relaxed position on either side of his head as he watched the mouse scrambling over to talk to...

...a giant?

The cub's amber eyes looked at the tall stranger, and then at the mouse, and then was confused over which was more interesting. Eventually, the boy reached over to tug on Blink's robe. Pointing over at where the mouse seemed to be having a conversation, the Cathar decided to start with the most obvious question.

"Is that mouse really talking?"

It was then that he felt Jorah tugging on his own robe. Turning his head, the boy found the Zabrak just standing there, mouth agape.

"What?"

Jorah just pointed.

Micah had been about to repeat the question, when he turned his head and saw...

...was that a land shark?

Objective: 2 & 3
With: [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Amea Virou"] |[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Micah"] |

Slowly the majority of the crowd began to disperse, their attention shifting away from Vulgrim and back to what they were doing before.

Although it was clearly apparent they were now steering clear of the Maelibus, some keeping their gazes fixed to him every now and then.

It seemed as though Vulgrim himself had become quite the exhibit with his entrance.

Leliana remained where she was, watching from afar at first. She saw something moving quickly along the ground, almost a blur as it moved between the crowd. The assassin thought she had caught sight of a tail, a question rising to her lips before it was quickly answered.

The pardoning squeak gave it away just who it was. Although Leliana didn't follow Hirou along, instead pausing on the young Cathar; Micah, that had reacted to the mouse's sudden appearance. Her intent to follow the High Inquisitor was temporarily put on hold as she watched the trio of Acolytes. First at Vulgrim, then something caught their attention across the room. Leliana followed where Jorah had pointed, towards the Karkarodon that was currently deep in conversation.

What a peculiar bunch that's shown up...

Amused, Leliana returned to her original intent and walked over to where the Nezumi and Maelibus were currently talking. She did hesitate ever slightly when she got closer to Vulgrim. He's a lot bigger up close.

"Hirou." The assassin finally reached them, a glance towards the giant after he had winked before looking at the mouse. "I wasn't expecting to see you here."

Which she was fully aware was the whole point, now likely ruined by her friend's arrival.

The Art Show

[member="Tehkyram"] // [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] // [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] // [member="Micah"] // [member="Leliana"]​

Eyes wandered around the room to get a good grasp of the situation. More and more people kept on coming and from the vibes in the force it felt like the darkness began to eclipse much of the rest. Amea clenched her fist to ensure that her ring was still on her finger to disguise her own presence as best it could, or at the very least make it smaller. It was a precautionary measure, something to keep any and all attention off of her as best she could.

“Virou.” The voice of the chief called into her earpiece and she stopped in her tracks to respond. “New orders.”

Her lips twitched, she felt like she knew what it was going to be.

“Readin’ ya.” Her lips twisted into a frown.

“That gentleman in the suit…” The voice began and she closed her eyes in disappointment. She knew that this was what she was going to be assigned to when the chief spoke straight into her piece rather than through an intermediary.

“Yeah, I see’em.” She whispered into the piece with a sigh.

“People are getting nervous.” An audible sigh sounded off through the piece to broadcast their mutual frustration at the situation. “We need someone to keep an eye on him, and we had the shortest straw drawn for you, so that honor falls entirely on your shoulders.”

A frustrated sigh parted Amea’s lips in full to the point where teeth got exposed.

“Gotcha, chief.” She said and shook her head.

“And try to keep a distance, if possible.” He warned her. “Never know what might happen if you get too close.”

“Yep. Keepin’ a distance, got it.” She looked over at the man and his friend that he seemed to be talking to. “Though with all due respect, sir-”

“No, Virou. Our top priority is the comfort of our visitors, and-”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” She groaned. “I’ll keep an eye out.”

“Good.”

The channel died and Amea was left to her own devices. Her eyes fell on the small group that had gathered by the big man and the discussion they seemed to have. For the moment she would comply with her orders and slowly approach them while keeping the distance. As far as orders went she wasn’t happy about these ones at all, but a job was a job.

She didn’t even try to eavesdrop on the discussion, the paintings and other forms of art around them were still far more interesting to her.

Jantar Keltainen

Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak
Objective 2: Rumblings

“Wrong question,” the Painter responded. “At least, too early. You need to understand what I do before you can put the fee into perspective.”

Jantar expected his usual price was exorbitant – and unless he showed the levl of work undertaken, he’d scare most of his would-be clients away.

He walked over to the wall – rock, like all of the complex, given it was either naturally formed, or carved from the stone that surrounded them.

He placed a hand on the wall and then put his face close to the rock. Clearly some biometric scanners were in operation, because a panel opened and behind it was a large safe. He muttered something and then licked a sensor pad, allowing the safe door to swing open.

Inside was, Jantar was sure, precisely what she had come for – but in addition was a holoprojector, that he removed and put on the table in front of them. He touched a few commands and a recording began to play – in gruesome technicolour.

It began with a diagram – of what even to a layperson was skin and muscle – and the narrator explained how the flesh could be tinted and the muscles reassembled to change the subject’s physical appearance.

Then it cut to a real-life example, and the Painter was working diligently, reshaping facial muscles, using a variety of tools and also gas.

Next came the eyes, which were simply replaced – it was a good thing Jantar was not squeamish. Not that she enjoyed the surgery – she merely didn’t throw up having seen it.

What amazed Jantar most was that the Painter didn’t just recolour the skin, he was able to retexture it. And then he not only recoloured the hair, but he added additional locks into the scalp and created a whole new look.

Jantar looked up at the Painer, who – even to a non-native – was clearly beaming at his own handiwork. “You’re a true craftsman,” she said – and he nodded, vigorously.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Cadomai

Objective III & IV
In Scene: [member="Leliana"] | [member="Micah"] | [member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"]
"You did check Lucy's schedule?" Fiolette asked for the third time in the last five minutes, "my sinerest apologies Dansen for being such a bother."

He brushed it off. "Do not fret your ladyship, and yes I have checked she was schedule for leave this weekend. I hear she had a great recommendation to her programme from the First Order who were quite sad to see her leave."

Fio said nothing in that regard save for, "and I am quite happy she is here. This... it makes things easier and she did not have to do it at all and I just." She looked at Dansen with appreciation. "I cannot express how grateful I am for it." Having her family close was her new goal, and with things settling down from the First Order. Thoughts of sending for Josef and her two younger daughters often crossed her mind these days. "Now then, I do adore this frame work. I'm sure we could use it in the art room, don't you? What do you think C2?"

C2 beeped and rose himself up on his own mechanized stilts to view the frame. He then beeped again and motioned in the direction of the hereglic? Or would served to be a hereglic, FIolette could not be certain, but the young Cathar and the others in the direction she walked were coming closer in view. The redhead kept her companions. "That didn't answer my question C2."

The droid buzzed and whirred.

"Right then that'll be the last time I ask for your opinion."

He beeped.

"If I wanted to be sassed by a droid I would have stayed home."

Dansen interjected, "he's still learning your ladyship give him time, he'll learn."

It was then a young blonde squeezed her way through the crowd, getting a double take at the High Inquisitor. Lucy kept her words to herself reminding herself that she needed to get that First Imperial mindset gone, and embrace the Sith Imperial one. She adjusted her purse over her shoulder and smiled when she spotted her mother, "mom!" It was perhaps the first time in a long time she said that with a smile. The now graduated student, full time naval officer gave her mom a hug. "So good to see you."

"My Lucy," Fiolette did not want to let go, her oldest girl was all grown up and as she did let go the older woman took a look at her daughter. "Look at you, just look at you fully grown now with your own career. Where has the time gone."

Lucy waved her mom off, "mom." She blushed, "please, you can gush over me at your new home- what was it again? Stormvale?"

"Yes!" Fio exclaimed, "Stormvale Castle is what it had been called back when it served as a military fortress but Taeli felt that Manor was more suitable to what it is now."

The blonde snorted with laughter, "only you could manage to find an old Castle."

The older woman rolled her eyes playfully, and was going to say something but then Dansen mentioned that C2 had gone off into the crowd. Something about a shiny jewel and a boy cat. "Balance be, c'mon before he ends up putting his data port in the wrong socket again."

"Or too many sockets," Dansen finished before hurriedly moving through the crowd. "C2! C2! Come back here!"

"He had better return if he knows whats good for him, Taeli's already warned him about wandering off at least twice." Fiolette remarked with a bit of concern more so for the droid at hand. Lucy readjusted her purse and turned to follow her mother and the protocol droid.

The Art Show
Objectives Two and Three

In Scene: [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] // [member="Jantar Keltainen"] // [member="Amea Virou"] // [member=Leliana] // [member=Micah] // [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"]

The two men conversed on the nature of sculpture, Tehkyram mostly listening. It was not until the artist mentioned the nature of his father's journals and how they inspired him in his work that the bulking sith took note. "Yes, but what I found the most fascinating," he explained, "was the yearning for freedom. My father, and I'm not embarrassed or ashamed to admit it, he was a slave on some asteroid belt. He wrote a lot about wanting to break free, and one day he did. But those writings about breaking free, there was so much raw emotion and passion, and so I think about that a lot.

"Your father was a slave?" Tehkyram inquired neutrally.

"Yes, yes, people have attempted to enslave Snivvians for quite some time, sadly. It's not uncommon. A mite better than being killed for our pelts, but still nonetheless awful."

"Still understandable though," Tehkyram countered. "I served alongside Snivvians during my lumber days. They have exceptionally fine motor skills and spatial awareness. A valuable addition to the labor force."

The artist was too confused and flabbergasted to be insulted at the justification for his people's enslavement. "You were a slave?" He asked, bewildered.

"I am a slave," Tehkyram corrected him. "I will obtain my freedom when I obtain my knight status. Until then, I am legally my master's property."

"And you don't want to break free?"

"Of course I do. And the path to freedom is clearly aligned in front of me." Thinking back to the first words he learned to read, Tehkyram recited the last two lines of the hallowed Sith Code.

"Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

"Hmmm..." The sculptor paused, lost in thought as he considered the implications of Tehkyram's ambitions. It was clear such a radical, totally different idea had never once occurred to the artist. Lost in thought, he stopped, looking back at his work. Meanwhile, off of the distraction, Tehkyram could feel some eyes upon him. It was hard to make particular sense of the cacophony of thoughts and feelings around him, but there was a great deal of power being focused on him. That was certainly distinguishable.

He turned in the direction that his senses told him to. There, gawking at him, were three younglings. A Zabrak, a Cathar, and... Something else, to say the least. And there they were, gazing at him like he was some exhibit on display, like a caged creature! Their inquisitive, questioning, judging eyes seared holes through his wrappings and into his skin! Such an unspoken insult, a wounding non-gesture! It would be so easy for Tehkyram to cut the three of them down in one swing from his position. Had he been permitted his lightsaber, he would have further entertained the idea. But no, violence against younglings was a crime against the future of the Sith. And more importantly, they had to be with the choir. Killing or maiming them would be a crime against good taste. He would have to reprimand them, though. More than likely the Cathar, as his eyes were the biggest and most enraging to feel on his skin.

"Do you think me to be an exhibit, child?" he intoned in a stern, deep, authoritative voice. "Am I some object for you to ogle at?"

So much of this mission was just depending on happenstance. And he was okay with that. Spacer dressed, not some long red leather coat, but pretty close, he made his way down the street. It wasn’t some lowkey mission, he was focused, but he knew that the teams they dropped out there had a mission to do. And if the Jedi needed he had a plan for them.

“We should be fine, but if I start getting attention, I need you guys to pull the attention as fast as you can. Give them a run. Some of the pathfinders we have are setting up locations and you just gotta give them the green light. Got a bit of a firework show.”

And by fireworks, the Jedi meant explosions. Not in any place that would harm civilians, just grab attention. Then the Jedi could deal with everything from there. As they kept walking, Coren tossed a small tracker at one of the law enforcement speeders. “And it seems we’ve got some swoops here.” Hopefully nothing came of this and they could just get onto their ship and leave.

But always have a plan B.

[member="Kahne Porte"]
[member="Cambria Zadira"]

Tabigarashu Madara

Good things come in smol packages
Objective: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] [member="Micah"] [member="Tehkyram"] [member="Leliana"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Amea Virou"]

Hirou's ears laid back and they scuffed their feet, every line of their body offering the impression of an 'aw shucks' response to the compliment.

"Lord Fa had it made for me, you have a good eye!" the little creature squeaked.

As Vulgrim moved in, Hirou visibly relaxed. They didn't precisely melt into the table, but only just.

"May I?" Hirou indicated, waited for a response, and then when given permission scurried up Vulgrim's arm and into their breast pocket. The Nezumi offered a small sigh of relief. Cadomai was simply too darned cold!

It also served to put them closer and made it easier to talk in more hushed tones. Easier, but not easy, not when one was conversing with a Maelibus.

"Mostly the later, cousin," Hirou confided, slightly muffled by the fabric of the pocket until they poked their nose back out. "But I suspect it's too busy here to make any real headway unfortunately."

From this vantage, Hirou could see most of what was going on around them. With most of the crowd Snivvians, those who were not stood out easily. The gaping expressions by the gaggle of acolytes (one, a feline, cathar perhaps? in their direction), the discussion occurring between the local and.... was that a Karkaradon? A trio of humans, one of which was personally familiar to Hirou.

"Nor was I expecting to be seen," came the amused response from the Saaraishash Agent. "But sometimes family must come first," they continued, looking up with clear affection at Vulgrim.

"Have you met my cousin?" The Nezumi asked politely. "Vulgrim Blackwell, may I introduce Leliana. Leliana, Vulgrim Blackwell."

Objective: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[member="Tabigarashu Madara"] [member="Micah"] [member="Tehkyram"] [member="Leliana"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Amea Virou"]

Permission was asked and granted within a moment's notice.

To assist further Vulgrim focused internally and let the warmth radiate further against the smol form now huddled in his pocket. If Hirou wanted more heat they simply needed to say as much, if less? The same deal really. That was what family was for as far as Vulgrim was concerned.

He leaned down a bit, squinting at the new face.

Human too by the looks of it. Vulgrim sniffed and the scrutiny increased a tad. It were in these moments that the Maelibus' size came at the forefront.

Hirou shifted their attention every few moments. It was important to them because of their size. They couldn't afford to focus on something so intensely that everything else melted away for a moment. Vulgrim on the other hand?

He was all intensity all the time. His attention lingering long.

"A pleasure meeting you, miss Leliana." The lean disappeared as Vulgrim stretched his back once more and it seemed as if the woman passed some sort of test. "I believe we have met before. Your scent is familiar, the Chiloon Rift, yes?"

That had been an amusing event, if seemingly never-ending.

"Can I assist, cousin?" Burning orbs shifted down to meet Hirou once more.

AiE
Do rebel things really quiet like, but more so have fun.
w/[member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Kahne Porte"]
___

So far, so good... The rebel group was making their way down the street with little paid attention to them. A few questioning looks from locals, but for the most part a slam dunk, which is what worried Cambria.

The Twi'lek Knight wasn't dressed in her usual modified Jedi robes, but rather had on a well-fitted black jumpsuit that had flex-armorweave in it with a hooded cape. A holstered blaster was tied off on her tone right thigh with her lightsaber and shoto attached to the back of her utility belt slung low on her shapely hips; hidden by the material of the cape. Sheathed in one of the Guardian's tall leather boots was a Twi'lek warrior dagger. She looked more like a spacer chick than a Jedi, and that was the point on these types of missions for the Order behind enemy lines.

"Do not worry, Master Starchaser... We have you covered," Cambria said quietly to Coren, then the Rutian Twi'lek's golden eyes turned to Kahne.

"Isn't that right, Master Porte... I think a little game of cat and mouse would be fun," she grinned ever so.

The Art Show
OBJECTIVE 3

[member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Amea Virou"] | [member="Leliana"]

The land shark made it's way over to them.

It was a very frightening sight to behold. The younglings all huddled together, each trying to hide behind the next.

But it was also incredibly cool.

The land shark totally had a fanclub for itself. Whatever it was.

Piping up, finding himself shooed out to the front by the other two, the Cathar cub gave a cheery, "Good day, sir!" Feth, was that even a sir? Ma'am? Si'am? Ma'ir? How did one even tell gender with land sharks?

"Micah, Jorah, and Blink at your service," the cub continued, gesturing to himself, the Zabrak, and the Polydroxol in turn as he spoke. They needed a necessary re-direct to try and recover from the land shark's obvious offense at their awe, and the cub was doing his best to think on his paws.

Out of the blue, the Zabrak blurted out, "How long does it take you to brush all those teeth?"

So not helping right now.

The Cathar's tail shot through the air, smacking the Zabrak across the face as the cub pointedly ignored the outburst and continued.

What was that paper assignment they had for when they got back? "We're supposed to write a school report about the art show and we need someone to interview," the cub noted in an off-handed manner.

"Perhaps you'd have a moment to share your thoughts on the exhibits you've seen?"

As they continued through the tour, there was a sudden surge and the lights overhead came on. Good, they had finished tapping into the geothermal power of the planet. She made a note on her datapad that a backup generator should be established as well... on the other side of the facility. Oh, and she jotted a note for the builders to place cap drains and the like in the actual cloning chamber. She was not going to let the facility's cylinders get destroyed because of some power surge, no no no. Too much was going into this operation for any silly mistakes like that.

She smiled as she noticed the time. [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] had to be meeting with her daughter by now. She typed a quick message and sent it to her. Nothing serious, just a good luck and enjoy your afternoon with your daughter type message.

"My Lady, the cloning team has arrived with the samples and the splicing equipment."

"Yes, we should go meet them."

The Art Show
Objectives Two and Three

In Scene: [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] // [member="Jantar Keltainen"] // [member="Amea Virou"] // [member=Leliana] // [member=Micah] // [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"]

Tehkyram sized up the situation, unsure as to how to react. Were they so weak in the force as to not sense that he was one of them? Did they not recognize his ability to tear them limb from limb, and so felt free to pester him with petty minutae? Or perhaps they were aware, knowing of his situational impotence and choosing to act on it. How delightfully devilish of them! Such exceptional sadism and cruelty was remarkable. What sort of horrors did the academy inflict so as to create such little monsters? Were it up to him, children would be learning of the world through hard labor. Clearly though, his insight was limited compared to whoever ran the academy.

He had no intent of allowing himself to be interviewed, of course. Undoubtedly his master would never approve. Instead, he had a different plan. "I was merely admiring this sculpture here," the Karkarodon replied, gesturing towards the exploding sphere. "It is entitled The Decimation of Alderaan, inspired by the canto from the Sheeviad Jita, or The Tragedy of Darth Sidious the Great. A true Sith epic." He leaned back into the crowd and with one hand, grabbed the Snivvian sculptor and brought him forward to the younglings. "Perhaps you would deign to discuss the piece further with its creator? I am sure he would gladly answer any questions you have."

The sculptor was taken aback by the suddeness of it, but Tehkyram's grip on his shoulder was firm. He had no choice but to cooperate as the hulking acolyte looked on.

Objective:Rebel Things
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Cambria Zadira"]

The chuckled lightly at Cambria's words as he looked over to her showing a smile of his own. "Oh, I love playing games." Whether that was the truth or not had remained to be seen, as Kahne's luck with such things hadn't been good lately. However he felt for this particular event things would indeed work out in his favor.

Kahne wasn't wearing his Jedi robes, or his armor that he had received for particular events. The Jedi donned a typical spacer outfit, more ragged than anything, a faded darker blue coat and at his side his lightsaber and a blaster pistol. "I think we should be just fine." Kahne said as he caught Coren's act with the speeders and simply nodded his head.

"Just fine."

Objective: 2 & 3
With: [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Amea Virou"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Micah"] |

Leliana raised an eyebrow at the mention of cousin, glancing between both with a look that made it apparent she wasn't sure if they were pulling her leg. There was a joke in there somewhere, about being a distant part of the family.

But she schooled her features, and let out a small chuckle instead. Which probably came off as a bit nervous during Vulgrim's scrutinizing.

Sith or not, there was no way you didn't get intimidated when you had a ten foot tall Maelibus looming over you. However, it was over fairly quickly and Vulgrim seemed satisfied with what he found.

"Same to you, Mister Blackwell." Leliana frowned at the mention of being familiar, it wasn't until he mentioned Chiloon Rift specifically, that it finally clicked. "Yes, that's right. It was quite...something." How on the Force she didn't realize that, she didn't know.

How does even forget fighting alongside a Maelibus?

The assassin pushed the thoughts aside however, instead deciding to look around a bit while Vulgrim and Hirou conversed. She caught sight; and recognized the Rear Admiral and her daughter. Apparently they were after a pair of droids, the astromech having zipped off somewhere in particular. Then there was the Cathar; Micah, and his friends. Introduced themselves to the Karkarodon with a degree of nervousness and intimidation.

An amusing sight, especially when the Zabrak blurted out and received a tail flick to the back of the head.

But that was when she caught sight of someone else, a brunette; human female. Every now and then, she saw Amea's attention glance over their way before returning to the painting that was in front of her. At first she just passed it off as because of Vulgrim's presence. But then Leliana's eyes met Amea's in a moment, before passing on as though it was nothing.

The assassin realized she wasn't just focusing on the Maelibus, but the rest of them too.

It put Leliana on edge, if only ever slightly.

Art Show

[member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Vulgrim Blackwell"] | [member="Leliana"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Tehkyram"] | [member="Micah"]​

Fate. A pessimistic painting interpreting the misguided belief that life had a greater meaning than the one which you give it yourself. It depicted something that looked like a mime or a clown stabbing itself under some sort of radiant symbol that was hard to make out at first, but the closer you looked the more evident it seemed to be that it was a combination of the Jedi Order and Sith Order both in which the middle circle of the Sith’s symbol had been replaced by that of the Jedi Order. The blurred outlines and pencil strokes on the canvas just made it hard to notice.

Amea’s eyes wandered from the painting towards the crowd she was watching. They seemed to be having some sort of introduction, but all in all acted as friends normally would. A few cautious glances were sent their way, at even intervals of course, but none of them seemed to escape the one human in the group. For a second they locked eyes. Brown eyes pierced into slightly darker brown eyes before they separated again.

The one they had called, Eiana? Elina? Truth told Amea had only paid partial attention to the conversation. The big guy’s named seemed to be Achwall though, or something like it.

Uh. Oh boy, this painting, huh? Amea looked at it again trying to think of ways to play off the fact that she had in fact been caught red handed in her attempts to technically spy on the group. It was all about salvaging it from here. Would she approach them and be honest about why she was looking their way? Would she just continue as she had? In all honesty they both sounded like equally horrible, horrible decisions but one of them seemed less cowardly than the other, or honest, or something that would excuse the actions she decided on.

Deep breath. It was just a big, scary-looking demon man. What could he possibly do if she approached him and his group? What could the group do, rather? Not like they were Sith or anything, not like they were a group known for random acts of violence and later taking pride and being forthright about it. Nah, that wasn’t them at all. Granted, the man did act rather mild-mannered for his size and appearance, but just a few weeks ago there had been that one incident where it turned out that the most trusted person in the Alliance had been a Sith infiltrator all along.

Yeah, there were reasons for concern and paranoia in this day and age, but Amea decided against it. Another deep breath and she took the first step.

“Afternoon.” She bowed her head to the group with a single nod. “I’ll just be upright with you all. Management has put me in charge of-” Oh wow, he was really tall up close. This might have been a mistake. “-of overseeing your visit. There’s been… Complaints.”

Eyes glanced at the big guy for a mere second before they averted to the more… Easy-on-the-eye woman that was with them.

“I am sorry for any inconvenience this brings upon you, of course, but I’ll try my best to stay out of your hair as best I can.”

The cloning technicians had been suitably impressed with the space they would be working in. The facility, while not as impressive as a cloning site on Kamino... yet, would serve them well until they were able to get Spaarti's technology on par with standard Kaminoan tech. It was Taeli's and Ce Perlo's hope that they might even figure out ways to improve upon and surpass the Kaminoans. It would be much easier once the remnants of the Galactic Empire finished blowing up. They would swoop in to pick up the pieces on Kamino when the time came.

"And if our estimates are correct, my Lady, we should see a marked efficiency increase if we had access to that data."

"I will have an agent dispatched to retrieve it from Khomm," she reassured Perlo's lead geneticist for the facility. "There are still certain families on the world that have Sith loyalties, quiet as they had to be under Alliance control. They'll provide all the data we need from their own cloning program."

"We shall await the data, in the meantime, we will begin the installation and storage of our template samples here."

Taeli nodded, and she and Ce continued their tour. On her datapad, Taeli directed Relyana to Khomm to obtain the data by whatever means necessary. Diplomacy if she could, subterfuge or assassination if a price or agreement could not be reached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom