Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not All Twins Get Along [GR Dominion of Rhommamool/Osarian]

[5+1=6/20]​

Objective: A
Allies: [member="Alyona Volkovna"]
Enemies: There’s always someone…

One thing Corvus loved about Alyona was that she was thorough.

Corvus sensed Alyona’s misgivings. You didn’t need to use the Force to do so. She contemplated allowing the matter to rest...or to continue the conversation and potentially confuse.

But Alyona was bright and needed to know the full facts. Following the Code was not optional, but nor was it to be followed blindly. Each Jedi should understand the wisdom of the words and be able to reconcile them. Otherwise it was lip-service – and that wouldn’t do.
“I think non-Jedi have an entirely ill-conceived set of views about who we are and what we do. They think we make up justice on the spot and simply do whatever we want, whenever we want.”

She sighed, an odd thing for her.

“In truth, it’s why many fall – or at very least leave the Order. They want to make decisions and play judge, jury and executioner. It is not our way and it never will be. One of our most important roles was to protect the peace and justice of the Republic. We are, and never will be, above the law. We follow the laws the same as the next person. From time to time we break laws. You may have to exceed a speed limit to apprehend a criminal. That is permissible. Speeding because you’re late for lunch? Not allowed.” Corvus managed a chuckle, but it was clear the subject was weighing heavy on her.

“It is the misconceptions of others that make some wish to curb us. Control us.” She waved her arms demonstrably. “As if we’re loose canons that need reining in. Our Code does that. And the law of the land is for everyone, not just for civilians.”

“We have no authority over the Republic, we serve it. We uphold the laws and ideals the Senate pass and we protect its citizens. Not my words, but from the Code and its tenets. We hold no rank and I have lost count of the number of times I’ve been asked to become part of the leadership of the Republic. And every time my answer is the same. A polite and firm no.”

“In truth, I have been working with my sister, Taeli, on ensuring the Order is self-funded. Its integrity comes from following the Council’s wisdom and ensuring it is aligned with the Republic’s agenda. In some ways we are the conscience of the Republic.”

“So, for example, if the Senate started to pass draconian laws and oppressed the Republic, we would reconsider our service – unlike the military that are bound to obey. If the politicians choose laws that contradict the Code, the Council would have to consider what course of action to take.”

She smiled now. “OK, a bit deep, sorry. But local laws are always contentious and we need to be mindful of our place.” She looked around. “Now, where do you suggest we start?”

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Алёна Вохин (Light of the Voxyn)
Allies: [member=Corvus Raaf] | [member=Mantic Dorn]
Enemies: TBD

Alyona wanted to ask if the Jedi's role within the Republic ever changed with the sociopolitical atmosphere of the government itself, for instance in the case of fascism, yet she refrained. It was a discussion for another time, if at all. Part of Alyona wanted to rebel against the idea that the Jedi ought to exist solely as servants, though simultaneously she agreed wholeheartedly that no individual should be above (or for that matter below) the law. Roles were meant to be filled by individuals capable of upholding the integrity such roles required; Alyona had to develop faith in that ideal. For the time being, she refocused her mind on the task at hand.
"Well, our mandate is to investigate the current situation in Redhaven and identify potential troublemakers," Alyona back-briefed her Master as they continued their walk. "In order to start, we need to link up with local law enforcement and gain access to all their current information on past attacks and potential attackers." Alyona glanced down at her wristcomp. "The Redhaven law enforcement precinct is roughly a ten minute walk from here," She led Master Corvus North-East, and soon enough the pair arrived at the local police headquarters. Feeling confident she had yet to misstep, Alyona took control for the time being, garnering a meeting with Police Chief Ruutik Sasnar and filing an official request for information on behalf of the Jedi Council. The process took no longer than twenty minutes, and soon enough Alyona and her Master were stepping out of the precinct with a datachit in their possession. "We've got roughly a gig of data to sift through," Alyona muttered as she inserted the chit into her wristcomp and began sifting through its contents. She looked up at Corvus, smiling softly and feeling rather accomplished. "Lunch?"

Objective: C
Allies: The Combined forces of The Rhommamool Defence force and The Galactic Republic, Marcus Foster
Enemies: N/A

Jalek took another puff of his cigar as his shuttle made it's way into the city of Redhaven, looking down on the rather pitiful looking army of the locals beside the intimidating presence of his own army. Jalek knew that the Rhommamoolian army would not be of much use in defending the planet, so he would have to rely on his own men to get the job done.

Jalek put out his cigar in the palm of his hand as the shuttle made contact with the ground, tossing it away in a random direction. He swung his way down off the ship, landing firmly on the ground. As he made his way to the Marcus Foster, Jalek paused as he made a speech to the army. It was impressive how the Dreadguard commanded the respect of his men and how he inspired them. As soon as he finished the speech Jalek walked to the commander, saluting him. "Good evening sergeant-major, I'm Lieutenant Jalek Arkada and I'll be assisting you in this fight." Jalek adressed him semi-formally, extending his hand as a greeting towards the man.

Objective: Personal
Allies: N/A

The young Miraluka found himself stepping through the cinders and destruction that was Redhaven, The city was attacked by a group of criminals opposed to the Jedi presence on the planet, and with little regard to the lives that they were going to destroy, set about causing as much havoc and destruction as they could to hinder the Jedi efforts to bring the planet under Republic control. Such is the nature of evil to breed in the dark, and fear when their time has come to be bathed in the light of justice. He couldn't understand how one could hate the Jedi so much, and that may be due to his own naivety, they were peace keepers, protectors and if it came to it, warriors. But, they were not killers by natures, they did not seek to destroy the galaxy or to force their views upon it; they only sought to bring peace back to a galaxy in turmoil from its shattered past.

War was a constant in the galaxy, it was this way three hundred years ago, and it would likely remain the same way until the stars themselves began to fall from the sky. That did not change the simple fact that the young miraluka would continue to hope beyond all hope that the war would end, and peace would return. It was as he was passing through unnamed streets and deserted alleys that he found he was surrounded by criminals. It was clear that they meant harm to him by the feelings they gave through the Force. He paused in his steps and remained as still as a statue, before he began to speak.

"If you wish to resist the Jedi, there are other paths you could take than violence. Your violence only serves to strengthen our cause and desire to bring order and peace to your world."

"You Jedi may say one thing, but you mean another. There are other ways to resist the Jedi, yes, but violence is the simplest of solutions." a man replied with vehemence in his voice towards Akartin. To which Akartin would nod and answer him in turn, "Simplicity is what all sentient beings desire; to lead a simple life, free of worry or anxiety. But, simplicity is not the answer to all situations, least of all this one. It may seem as though you have chosen the simplest of choices, but if you look at the larger picture, I believe that you will see that you have chosen a path that will only complicate your lives further."

His words were layered with understanding and a sense of compassion for the men around him, despite their hostile intent. Jedi Respect all Life, in any form. This specific piece of the code came to mind as he stood in a ring of violence, with no way out save for his own words, or his training blade. If he needed to use his training blade, he would be able to easily get to it as it was placed on his back in a holder.

"We may have chosen a complicated path, but you have chosen the foolish one." and with that the ring of violence surrounding the Miraluka began to close in on him. Their hatred burning through his mind as powerfully as if it was heat upon his skin. He moved in agile motion, and the training blade seemed to appear in his hands, gripping the hilt with both hands as he readied himself to counter their attack. The world around him seemed to pause as he took a deep breath and centered himself for the fight to come...

[6+1=7/20]​

Corvus had promised to seek out who sought to kill the local government officials and so she would. But the notion that the Force would simply make evidence visible just because a Jedi was present was naïve at best and foolish at worst.

Alyona’s approach was sound. To seek out the ringleaders – for they would undoubtedly lead you to the perpetrators or, more likely, prove to be one and the same people.

So she patiently and diligently waited as her Padawan took charge of the situation. This was no test to be marked or reviewed in the classroom. Alyona would learn and reflect on her own performance over time. Corvus was sure of that, so her own thoughts were essentially irrelevant – the Grand Master trusted the Force to keep her charge on the right path.

So they exited the offices with a lot of data for analysis and so Corvus readily agreed to a break. It would allow them to talk and review information and have a less serious exchange than their previous one.

So Corvus stopped at a small bistro, with tables set outside and pulled up a chair. She glanced at the menu that appeared just below the surface of the table and, pressing a few choices decided on a salad and some blue milk. Yes it was an odd combination – but she was a creature of habit.

“OK,” she then said, “Let’s see what the data is telling us.”

Objective: C - Stand against Osarian
Allies: Combined Rhommamool Defense Forces, The Galactic Republic ([member="Jalek Arkada"])
Foes: N/A

The Gran nodded, seemingly chewing on the very words that Marcus had just uttered. The Republic wasn't here to garner resources or more warm bodies to throw at the One Sith. Freedom, liberty, equality, and democracy were paramount virtues in this operation and Pappy would be dead before he let anything get in the way of such tenets.

"Now fall back in. We've got a war to win."

As the soldier snapped a salute, Marcus slid his helmet back on before spinning on his heels to face the voice calling to him. Once the Sergeant Major about faced, he caught a full glimpse of sloppiness; a beard, a cigar, an eyepatch, and a rather rough-looking outfit.

"Probably a mercenary."

Then he introduced himself as a Lieutenant.

Marcus could've sworn there weren't any officers here on Rhommamool. A few junior grade butter bars had been operating in the nearby headquarters with a Major or two overseeing most of the administrative and logistical work, but senior NCOs were making their debut now. They had better experience in working with enlisted folks - just like these loose joint militia.

The Dreadguard extended his own hand, "Sergeant Major Marcus Foster, 4th Special Forces Regiment." The two men shook hands briefly. "I wasn't aware I was getting any more reinforcements."

Allies: Combined Forces of Rhommamool and The Galactic Republic, [member="Marcus Foster"]

Jalek clasped the man's hand and gave him a firm handshake while eyeing the army behind him. "Well unfortunately you aren't getting any, I'm just here with my squad to assist in the defence. Unfortunately I doubt we'll be receiving any sizeable army." Jalek said with a hint of humour in his voice, but he was completely serious. It was unlikely that anyone else would coming to assist them, albeit a few stray men or surplus squads MAY come help them but it seemed unlikely.

Jalek motioned to his men to go assess the strength of the makeshift army and to see where the best strategic points would be to defend against the Osarian forces. He then turned his eye back to the man in front of him also noting the men under his command. "Special forces, eh? So what do you and your men specialize in; demolitions, recon, or something else?" They looked intimidating in they're heavy armour so he doubt that they were snipers or such.

Jalek looked to his side towards Osarian, pulling his cigar case out and pulling a rather expensive one out. He was about to put it in his mouth, but instead he lifted it towards the man beside him offering the cigar to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7BqreIAK8​
Objective: B
Allies: Senators, Ministry of State, [member="Tyl Ro"]
Enemies: Ignorance

"It was your government that requested our presence here, to mediate this conflict, and that is what I intend to do, Chancellor," Cecily had just interrupted a rather passionate attempt by the Chancellor to wave her off the scent of equal representation in government by asserting that it was a matter for local officials to resolve. He claimed it was outside of her mandate. The Republic's mandate was to bring peace, prosperity, and justice to the galaxy and that is what she intended to do.

"The Rhommamoolians raise a very legitimate concern that they are not, in fact, being taken care of by a government they do not elect, and why should your government take care of them? They have no check on your power, so the devil may care what happens to the Rhommamoolians," she was severe now and the Chancellor's face seemed to be flushing, a darker blue than normal, his eyes narrowing in his frustration. Meanwhile, the Mayor of Redhaven did not gloat, but looked at Cecily with genuine admiration. It was as if this woman had been screaming into the void her entire life and finally a voice was calling back. Cecily knew that feeling.

"I speak for the entire Republic when I say that I will settle for nothing less than equal representation of the Rhommamoolians in a democratically elected government, those are the principles upon which we stand, sir," she had not meant to, but Cecily was openly scolding the Chancellor now. Luckily she caught it just before it became a scathing rant and retained her calm composure.

"That's you sorted, aint it?" the Mayor muttered, unable to hide her delight any longer.

"Yes, well the principles of the Republic are all well and good, but these... barbarians" he spared a disgusted glare in the direction of Mayor who was still smirking, "have no interest in behaving in a civilized manner. How do you expect them to participate in politics when they conduct themselves like utter savages!?"

"I take umbrage with that rather broad accusation," the Mayor had adopted the refined accent of her counter part and batted her eyelashes in a mocking fashion, "ya think we can't talk like you? I do it just fine don' I? I just don' walk around with a big ol' stick up my a-"

"Ahem!" Cecily cleared her throat loudly to cut off, what she was sure would be a rather colorful metaphor. "Chancellor, I have been a politician all my life and I can assure you it is anything but civilized," Cecily offered the elderly man a warm smile, her way of making up for having scolded him earlier. She was pleased when he snorted in amusement.

"It is not me that detests their presence in our government," Cecily suspected this was a half-truth, "but I maintain, if this is to be brought to the table, then basic decency must be respected... otherwise, the democratic process is completely derailed!"

'How idealistic,' Cecily thought as she considered them both. The Chancellor was stroking his beard now as if terrified that a single hair might be displaced. Across from him, the Mayor was picking dirt from underneath her fingernails. 'Not so different, really' she noted as the preened themselves, each unaware of their almost identical behaviors.

"The Chancellor does raise a point," she would not say whether it was a good one, but she had to at least appear impartial, "if the Rhommamoolians wish to partake in government, they must be willing to adhere to the laws in place and to remain steadfast guardians of the democracy in which they participate."

"O' aye!" the Mayor replied loudly. "You ever owned a pet Miss?"

"Yes, I have,"

"Ya want it to know righ' from wrong? Ya want it to be'ave?"

"Well, yes, generally,"

"If ya trea' her nice and sweetly, she mind ya, yea? Bu' if you kick a well-be'aved companion... over... and over... and over... if ya jus' keep tellin' your pet tha' she aint worth nothin', tha' she should be thankful for the kicks, tha' she should just keep on be'avin'," the Mayor was looking Cecily dead in the eye now and her own big, brown eyes, once full of warmth and mischief were now so full of heart break, "when ya take 'er pups from 'er bed and you shoot 'em in the stree' all cause they mama said somethin' brave, said she don' wanna be kicked no more... then they gon' learn to stop be'avin'. They gon' start kickin' back, miss... we tired of bein' kicked, miss."

Cecily could see that this was not just a random example, but one of personal experience. Her heart jumped into her throat and she had to blink several times to clear her eyes of tears. When she turned to the look at the Chancellor, she could barely contain her shock. The great Iron Chancellor of Osarian was sitting stark still, hands in his lap, eyes down, his face riddled with guilt.

"It's time they were represented, Chancellor," Cecily said softly.

To her great surprise, the Chancellor nodded...

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Allies: Corvus Raafhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/5133-corvus-raaf/ | Mantic Dorn

Alyona lifted her tea cup and sipped at it, her eyes tracing the lines of the initial police report regarding the attack that had been filed with the Redhaven authorities. After a moment she glanced up at her Master with a confused look on her face. She'd studied for many years without a Master at the Ossus Academy, and criminal justice had been one of her foci for the better part of a year and a half at one point. "I'm not sure if I've found anything, Corvus." She muttered, turning the datatablet around for the other woman to view. "This report outlines the entire attack, including eye witness account, and then lists the evidence markers logged, but notes there is no evidence currently filed with the police precinct." Alyona tapped her finger on the datatablet's holoprojector, "I think someone in law enforcement was involved and they interrupted the evidence logging process to make sure it never got there."

[7+1=8/20]​

Corvus positively beamed. Putting her drink down (she'd sensibly requested a straw, to avoid the inevitable blue moustache) she concurred.

"Very astute, my Padawan. And remarkably quick. So, we have an investigating officer and whoever was in charge of logging the evidence to question. I suggest we bring them together and have a little chat."

Corvus pulled an intercom out of her pocket and made a call. A few moments later she was able to tuck into her salad. "Both will be at the local precinct in precisely one hour. Neither will know they're about to be questioned by us. So, should we speak to them separately or together? Pros and cons?"

Allies: [member="Alyona Volkovna"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]
Enemies: Gang
Post 3/20

The Nikto grinned cruely as Mantic was surprised by the sheer hatred these men seemed to direct toward him. He quickly bent down to pick up the training saber he head placed on the ground but he was too slow. The gang opened fire without mercy.

The first shot hit him in the shoulder and he spun around, the second then hit his back causing him to fall forward, face down. The third scratched his cheek, opening up a gruesome looking wound widening his mouth several inches.

Laughing the gangs Nikto leader walked forward and placed a booth on Mantics side, pushing him over. There was such pain in this, Mantic was barely aware of what was going on but he felt the dark sensations these men were experience for defeating him. Someone went over his robe and clearly they were dissapointed to find nothing of value.

Then they left him for dead. And it was in fact not far from the truth. Mantics sheer willpower managed to keep his spirit attached to the leftovers of his body. For a padawan he was fairly good at healing. Not enough to restore himself. But it was enough to hang in there. At least for a short period of time.

Tyl Ro

The Anti(Hipster)-Cynic
Location: The Chamber of Representatives in the Capitol Building of Osa-Secunde
Allies: Calm minds, Rational thought, [member="Cecily de Demici"]
Enemies: Ignorance, Hypocrisy, Simultaneous shouting

Cacophony upon cacophony seemed to ensue every time the Jedi attempted to speak. Each time, the House Speaker would allow the mass of tumultuous politicians to clamor away for a few short minutes before clanging his metallic gavel to silence the crowd once more. Though it was frustrating that a group of people could not be brought to reason with logic, let alone sympathy for life itself, Tyl kept a cool head. She had served as diplomat many times before. She already had a consistently level demeanor, no insult or obtuseness would have any effect on her. The only thing that caused her any sort of bother was that nothing was being accomplished with her statements or the retorts of the governmental body before her. During each of the raucous interludes, she would idly wonder how this group ever managed to evolve from a shouting match to a functioning part of the legislature.

To the Jedi Knight's surprise, as the crowd was silenced once more, a new speaker arose from the gathered. One of the representatives of the Osarian military, adorned in dress uniform, rigid in posture, stood up and waited to be recognized by the speaker. Tyl's eyes attentively looked over the man of light blue complexion; he seemed very typical military. In a way, she was glad to finally deal with a member of the parliament who wasn't just interested in yelling obscenities at her.

When the ringing of the metal had finally subsided, the Speaker motioned to the man. He stepped a pace forward, posture still stiff as a board, shoulders square to bow to the Speaker first, then squared again to bow to Tyl, a little less the second time. "Greetings, Jedi Knight Tyl Ro. I am Commandant Parnak Toland." His face was deadpan, but there was at least more respect in his tone than the rest of the members of the House. "Your words speak of peace, a worthy goal to attain. Perhaps you could explain, then, why your government has sent troops to aid the Rhommamoolian forces. Does the presence of your military not refute your claim of peaceful intentions?"

The mood in the chamber altered drastically following the Commandant's inquest. Before the room was filled with palpable contempt and anger towards the Rhommamoolians and directed towards, if not equally felt for, the Jedi before them. But the Commandant's words had changed that. The feeling had become less hostile in nature. Instead, the feelings were of vindication.

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Allies: Corvus Raaf | Mantic Dorn

Alyona considered her Master's question, then remembered the rules of interrogation as taught by the Galactic Republic military and intel community: The Five S's. "Search, silence, segregate, safeguard, and speed..." Alyona muttered as she recalled the mnemonic device aloud. She swiftly explained, counting them each on her fingers. "It's used primarily for detainees and prisoners of war, but it outlines the actions you should take. Search them, make sure they can't talk, separate them from one another, keep them and yourself safe, and do it all fast. Of course we're only really worried about the segregation one, Master, which is what made me think of it in the first place." Alyona quelled her mind and placed her palms on the table aside her teacup and saucer. "So to answer your question, Master, we should question them separately...and hope they haven't had the chance to speak to one another and corroborate stories before we get to them."
Suddenly, something spiked in the Force that caught Alyona's attention, something she doubted would escape her Master's notice. An immense amount of pain was bleeding into the mystical energies of the Force, spilling like blood and flooding Alyona's mental senses. "Someone's hurt, nearby." She exclaimed, pressing back her chair and standing up to look around, both lightsabers grasped within her hands. She saw nothing out of sorts within the intersection where they were located, but she felt the presence was nearby. "I can't locate the source in my mind," Alyona lamented, her eyes shut and searching. She looked up at Corvus, "Can you get us there, Master?"

Allies: [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Alyona Volkovna"]
Enemies: Gang
Post 4/20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could not breath.
[media]https://youtu.be/PR2rm8aXp6s[/media]
The blood was warm. A pool forming beneath his body. Around, black shadowy tentacles took form. Mantic felt a motion in the flow of events. Far away something was reaching out. A tiny light? Did it matter?

He could not breath, why could he not breath.

The shadows crept closer to his body. Hissing and teasing, it was closing in and carefully readying itself for the kill.

He could not move.
Why could he not move?

He could not see.
Why could he not see?

Yet he saw.

With great effort he opened his eyes and took a deep breath. Air filled his lungs as he twirled around pushing himself upward. He closed himself into a fetus position holding his knees close to his body. He felt afraid, cold and lonely. Looking around he realised the vague notion. An avatar of his own mind, an extension of his soul? Hovering just above his physical body he saw his own dying body beneath him. Small silvery strings kept him from floating away from it. Shivering he saw the shadow snakes close in from the corners.

They raised themselves and with threatening hisses they began to surround his body, blocking all light from reaching him.

"Please, leave me alone..." he whimpered. He barely recognized his own voice. It sounded like a child, not a grown man?'
Half conscious of his own state, half returning to accepting the fact that he was dying. Somewhere he wished for it. To let go. To be left alone from the snakes. but this was not right. A snake snapped and bit of a string. Mantic tumbled in the remaining strings, incapable of controlling the situation.

While a man of courage and devotion this experience was more then he had ever had to deal with before. Partly aware of his subconscious efforts to tie him to his body. If ever saved this would be a vague and hard to comprehend event.

"No, not now!" the clear voice of the child caused a ripple in the shadows. the snakes hissed and covered from the light. But they were many. another snake bit of a second thread and Mantic tumbled around again, whimpering and unable to act against the inevitable.
Mantic could see the boy standing in the far corner of the alley. He cried, gentle tears rolling down his cheek.

We are one.

"Please. Embrace yourself. This is not the end." it was himself. He recognized the boy. Standing there in the courtyard of the jedi academy. He had known his life was not meant for himself anylonger. The master had left him to contemplate on this fact.
An eight year old boy being told that his life was not his own. But that of servitude. It felt cruel and unjust. But he understood. His gift was strong and if he did not leanr to control this he would turn into something very bad. He did not want that. He did not want bad things to happen to anyone. He would make sure of it.

that boy had known what had to be done and from there he had gone into training like no other. focused only on becoming a jedi to its fullest, leaving any wishes and ambitions of his own in favour of what ever was necessary for others. It had become his strength and new guideline.

But he was so afraid. the darkness crept closer, and the chilling bites of the dark venemous snakes terrified him.

"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

The code. Again a tiny light shone through disintegrating one of the vipers. But straight away more arrived hissing and becoming even more threatening.

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

Mantics subconcious worked frantically. There is no fear. that is why they can not win. Another thread was seperated. But this time Mantic remained still. He met the eye of the serpent that froze and faded into nothingess.

"there is no death, there is the force..."

Mantic burst free from tears and spreading himself as a cross over his own body grabbing and holding on to the strings the snakes tore off. He pushed and slapped the snakes everywhere.
The battle was that of the mind but to Mantic it was very much a battle to survive. But he could not do this alone, he needed help. Just like he devoted himself to serve others, no was the time for the force to give him aid in his most desperate moment yet.

Any outsider arriving would only see the almost lifeless body of the jedi laying in his own pool of blood slowly dying. But the struggle and cry for help could indeed be obvious to those attuned to the force.

[8+1=9/20]​

Allies: [member="Alyona Volkovna"] | [member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: Time

Corvus nodded at Alyona’s reasoning. It was sound and made perfect sense. Corvus rarely ‘interrogated’ and if she did, it was invariably done with the use of the Force – or just the likelihood of its use. Which tended to ensure people spoke the truth.

But this was a routine investigation and this was not yet a Republic planet – so their authority was limited – albeit they were acting on behalf of the current Government.

She was brought out of her thoughts by her Padawan’s words. She closed her eyes. “I sense it too,” she said. She lowered her defences to emotions, a challenge in a crowded place, and for a second or two was disorientated by all of the feelings that overwhelmed her. But slowly she was able to map them. In her mind they were like lines of energy that flowed around her and she was able to follow each and every one back to its source. And one by one she eliminated them until she found the cause of the pain that her Padawan was so sensitive to.

She stood, her eyes now open. In her mind she heard the Jedi Code being repeated. “We haven’t much time,” she said and started to run.

They found him soon enough – a body almost bereft of life, the blood a clearly visible sign of his impending death. But the pain came from another place. Corvus latched on to the cry for help and followed it back to its source. To the Jedi’s mind. As she did so, she quite literally guided Alyona to follow her. ‘Come with me,’ she said into her Padawan’s mind, ‘He will need us both.’

And as gently as they could they entered his thoughts – whatever ailed him physically, it was the mental attack that they needed to deal with first.

‘There is no chaos, there is harmony,’ Corvus’ thoughts projected. ‘We are here to help. Guide us…’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7BqreIAK8​
Allies: Senators, Ministry of State, [member="Tyl Ro"]
Enemies: Ignorance

"So it's decided then, Osarian concedes to amend their laws to include full and equal representation of the Rhommamoolian people," Cecily said decisively as if the matter were resolved. For her, it was. Osarian had no legitimate leg to stand on as far as Cecily was concerned. It was unacceptable that for so many years they had essentially enslaved the people of their sister planet. It was also unacceptable that the Republic had only just now intervened, but that was a matter to bring to others in the Republic.

"Now, I-I cannot unilaterally decide-"

"Chancellor," she interjected, "you have proven yourself an accomplished orator and have guided Osarian for decades. The popularity you enjoy with your people should be enough to secure their support."

At his core, this man was a coward, that much was clear... at least in the presence of someone bigger than himself. Yet, to the people of Osarian he was something of a celebrity. She had noted in his dossier that the Chancellor enjoyed this high popularity in part because of his frequent interference with the planetary media outlets. To speak ill of the Chancellor was essentially to commit treason, though no one ever died for doing it. Simply ostracized and frowned upon... and ticketed a bit more frequently. Still, as securely rooted in his position as he was, he was terrified of losing it.

"Even if I whole heartedly supported it, our High Council-"

"I am confident they will vote in favor of this proposal," she fibbed, only guessing at the difficulties [member="Tyl Ro"] was having getting that racist gaggle on board, "and... once this matter of the legal status of the Rhommamoolians is resolved, I think you will find that the obstacles standing in the way of the Twin Planets joining the Galactic Republic will disappear."

This was a card that Cecily had left in her hand as long as possible, waiting for the perfect strategic moment to put it into play. Osarian had applied many times for membership in the Galactic Republic, longing for expanded trade opportunities with its members. However, the status of Rhommamoolians as near-slaves disqualified Osarian under various anti-slavery legislation. With that being rectified, hopefully, the possibility of the planets gaining membership was back on the menu.

This clearly pleased the Chancellor. She could practically see the credit signs in his eyes.

"Alrigh' so... how are we tuh be 'represented' then? Half a vote each?" The Mayor, who had been silently observing the exchange unfold before her was clearly skeptical of the trustworthiness of the Osarian government. Understandably so.

"Well, that is something that we should discuss, why don't you both hold conference with your delegations and we shall reconvene here is oh... say... thirty minutes, I think?" Cecily said, eager to get in touch with the other parties who were hard at work to restore peace and secure this deal came to fruition. The two politicians both nodded in agreement before shuffling out the doors and to their respective base camps within the Government House to meet with their people and devise a plan for this reformed government.

When they had left, Cecily quickly removed her data pad and authored brief messages to the other main parties of this collective mission to the Twin Planets ([member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Marcus Foster"] [member="Tyl Ro"] .) In addition to individual communications, she also relayed the FULL DETAILS of the meeting she had had with the Mayor and Chancellor.

In regards to negotiations, both reps. have agreed to equal role of Rhom. in govt. Will depart for Osa. when terms are reached. How is the situation looking in city? Cant hear much fighting from this local. Will update on further progress.

Good Fortune.
C

In regards to negotiations, both reps. have agree to equal role of Rhom. in govt. Will depart for Osa. when terms are reached. Hopefully military engagement will be minimal if agreement can be reached soon.

Will contact immediately if things devolve here in which case we should all brace for full scale retaliation from Osa.

C

In regards to negotiations, both reps. have agreed to equal role of Rhom. in govt. Will depart for Osa. when/if terms are reached. Status of communication with the High Council? Would ideally like to have their support, but if Chancellor signs terms, may be able to push through without them. Will keep you updated on our progress.

C

Objective: A - fight the mind demons
Allies:
[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Alyona Volkovna"]
Enemies: Sith spirits
Post 5/20

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grabbing hold of the black snake he broke its neck and tossed it aside, with his left foot he stomped at another... but they kept coming. The strings were being detached one by one as he frantically tried to stop them.
A hissing sound from his back caught him by surprise. the snake pressed into his cheek and shot its dark venom. The pain was unimaginable, roaring through his body, filling his very being with vicious evil. He fell... into oblivion.
183114-bigthumbnail.jpg

"Your desiresss will ssssoon be fullfilled and the pleassures denied be yours anew.."

He realized that he had failed. The bottomless voice swallowed him. Deeper and deeper he fell, spawns of evil giggling and laughing as they clinged all around him.

‘There is no chaos, there is harmony,’ Corvus’ thoughts projected. ‘We are here to help. Guide us…’

Mantic plunged his hands upward. the fall seized.

"Let go jeeedaiii--- you are oursss...." the very voice sent lightning of fear through his body.

At this moment his body reacted. A finger twitched and his chest heaved for a breath.
The strength of the Grand Master of the jedi order was more then these spawns could tear from Mantic. He managed to stay afloat.Closing his mind to tyhe sith demons he fopcused on the mantra.

...there is harmony...

"I... I am lost and can not find the light Master. No sense... Help..." he pleaded without a voice.

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Allies: [member=Corvus Raaf] | [member=Mantic Dorn]

They found him lying in an alley three blocks from the tapcaf where Alyona and Corvus had been working. He lying still, bleeding, and silent. Alyona felt alarm burst in her chest as she recognized the man's garb. "He's a Jedi!" She cried, rushing forward and taking a knee at the man's side. She left Corvus to do...whatever it was she was doing, and focused on the man's physical injuries. A part of her wanted to join her Master in her current work, to learn how she would help piece this man's mind back together, but the victim had physical wounds that needed tending.
She pulled a small multitool out of a belt pouch and flicked it, causing the knife blade hidden within to swing out and lock in place. With it, she cut several strips of cloth from the man's clothing. Searching his body with her fingers, Alyona located several blaster bolt wounds, and searched for exit wounds on his back side, finding none. Rolling him back over, Alyona packed each of his wounds with pieces of fabric, then hurriedly cut more, larger pieces to act as pressure bandages, before wrapping those against the man's body. With his obvious wounds covered for the moment, Alyona checked his airway, pulse and other crucial vital signs, grimacing at how faint they were. "He's been lying here for a little while, we must have been out of range when this happened, or we would have felt it." Alyona commented as she tapped at her wristcomp and pulled up the Redhaven emergency services frequency.
"Redhaven Public Medical department, what is the nature of your emergency?" The voice on the other end asked. Alyona barked swiftly, "We have a single victim, located off of Redway Avenue and Six-Hundred and Thirty-Seventh, near the capital sector. Priority urgent, non-ambulatory, no special equipment needed. Prepare to treat blaster bolt wounds." The emergency handler paused for a moment, then replied, "We have locked in on your transmission location, please standby. Emergency services will be there in four minutes."

Alyona thanked the woman and ended the transmission, then rechecked his wounds and ensured he wasn't still bleeding profusely. The wounds were blackened and smelled of burnt ozone, but otherwise were only seeping blood when she drew away the bandages. Alyona recovered them and tightened the ad hoc restraints she'd made, then sat by and opened herself to the Force, adding focus and clarity to her Master's work as best she could.
Minutes later, an ambulance shuttle arrived over head and began lowering itself into the alleyway. The underbelly cracked open and a hatch was revealed, which lowered down a platform upon which stood two emergency response personnel with a gurney. "Ma'am, we've got him from here," the first individual said, speaking directly to Corvus. Alyona placed a hand on her Master's shoulder and shook it gently, "Master?" She asked, shaking a second time.

Allies: Combined Forces of Rhommamool and The Galactic Republic,

The mandalorian troop transport was given green light to land and begin operations with their allies. The lone ship would enter Rhommamool atmosphere unharassed and would make landing near the large pit configuration known as the square of hopeful redemption. The loading ramp would descend allowing a squad size troop of mandalorians to disembark. Field Marshal Strider Garon was outfront of the squad, his golden cape flapping in the wind and his EE-3 carbine pressed tight against his beskar breastplate, secured with a quick draw sling and harness.

The hound of keldabe, chieftain of clan Garon had not brought an army to the planet, but he brought next best thing. Ten mandalorian supercommandos known as the Ori'ramikade. They followed Strider in a loose formation behind him. There was no proper drill or commands given to keep them in order. This was what it was, a unit of individuals that knew how to get a job done.

"Taylir bal temya'r jidte!" The old warrior would calmly relay to his warriors behind him as he broke away and they stopped in their loose gaggle. Strider would make way towards [member="Jalek Arkada"], removing his helmet so the republic soldier could meet the mandalorian eye to eye.

"Who is in-charge here?" Strider would question, his deep resonating voice was rich in his concordian accent.

[9+1=10/20]

Allies: [member="Alyona Volkovna"] | [member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: Time

Corvus sensed the darkness in the Padawan’s mind. What was causing it was uncertain — but there was no time for conjecture.

'I... I am lost and can not find the light Master. No sense... Help…'

Corvus was aware she was alone — her Padawan was close but she sensed she was occupied. Knowing her, she suspected she was dealing with the physical injuries. There was no point in saving his mind if there was no body to save it for.

Corvus followed the emotion to the Jedi’s conscious mind. It was a sense of fear and it was strong. It was still not possible for Corvus to understand if the attack on his mind was external, or if some internal demon had manifested itself. Regardless, it needed to be countered.

A virtual Corvus followed the sense of panic and found the Jedi there — fighting what appeared to be an endless writhing mass of black snakes, their venemous jaws snapping at the fallen Padawan.

Corvus drew her sword. Even in this virtual world, physical manifestations of real-world aspects seemed to be replicated. It was a katana, but no ordinary blade. It was a symbol. Dawn bringer was a weapon of tremendous power. Using Alkahest, the weapon was forged using the Force and specifically the Ability Force Light.

When used by Corvus, Dawnbringer’s Light aura is extremely strong, almost overpowering to any Dark-sider in close proximity.

And it can store the Force and then direct it, specifically Force Light.

So Corvus momentarily closed her eyes and drew the Force to her. She channelled it through her body and poured Force Light into the blade. It’s glow became radiance and finally a blinding light. And then she directed it like a short ranged beam attack. She targeted the darkness in Mantic’s mind, banishing the snakes, quite literally burning them.

Yet at the same time she felt a hand on her shoulder and her Padawan’s voice. Her physical body would be vulnerable now, unmoving and calm. She would trust Alyona to keep all three of them safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom