Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFU Class Vs not

Alright so Lets start with the pros about not having a class system for the non force users. Its freaking awesome, you can rp your brand new force retarded character to the exact expectations you want right off the hop. I love that and it works in this Site's favor for now we have tons of NFUs to play with.

Now the con. PvP how does a NFU level up to a FU? I write my main character Strider as a grizzled warrior, harden veteran of many campaigns and a master swordsman. I know that its all in the writing, but i have encountered this entitled Force Users are better because they earned their weight in gold attitude many times in PvP actions. So how do we measure a NFU to a FU? I mean are force users god amongst us NFUs? This is probably one of the reasons we have RPJs to regulate such but how to free up RPJs from having to babysit such actions?

Could always implement a rank system though that could decimate the NFU population. I don't know, this is where i leave it up for discussion. Please be respectful, I want to know the opinion on such a matter.

Personally I think if anyone played their cards right they could very well wreck anything. But then again I came from an rp server where everyone was equal, no exceptions. Maybe I'm still in that mindset.

Though, what about NFU's who become FU's? Lets say one NFU gunslinger was able to take down a master, realized he was force sensitive, and became an apprentice. Are all the other masters suddenly way stronger then he/she?

This thread has happened twice already.

NFU "power levels" are purely determined by their writer's ability to be original (or use gimmicky gear, or both). We have no NFU rank system and we won't, because that's silly.

Krest said:
Though, what about NFU's who become FU's? Lets say one NFU gunslinger was able to take down a master, realized he was force sensitive, and became an apprentice. Are all the other masters suddenly way stronger then he/she?
In the Force, yes. Again, there is no rule on the site that says "Masters auto-win vs Apprentices." More control and power over the Force does not equate to an instawin button.

That was the dilemma I faced with making Isley a FU. He had already been an ace Mandalorian and squared off against forcies pretty effectively a few times before then, but the instant the Apprentice tag went up I was faced with the same conundrum. @[member="Krest"].

@[member="Strider Garon"] - Personally, I like the idea of a NFU ranking system, as it gives the characters something to strive for. An Apprentice FU (at least in my experience) always has the goal of shooting for Master at some point in the back of their mind, so I'd wager it'd end up being the same for NFUs. The ace pilots, veteran fleeters, and even expert Mandalorians would have to work for their skills, just like a FU.

Of course, this system would bring back war flashbacks from a certain hellhole that many of our peers emerged from, so I don't know if it'll ever be a thing.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Strider Garon"]
I like the idea. When I first came to the site,I thought about making this character a FU,but when I saw the number of FU's on the site,I quickly change my mind and made something out of the norm. I feel as though sometimes people think FU's are automatically more powerful and stronger than NFU's and when people say that,it pisses me off to no ends. I agree with Kaine,they are plenty of way's for a non-force user to get past the things a force user would do,force-breaker grenaded,airburst weapons and even lightsaber resistant materials like songsteel,cortosis or phrik.

All of my characters are NFUs and I have zero desire for a class system. In fact, I see absolutely no reason for it.

If a NFU is concerned about rank, join a faction and rise up in their personal tiers.

Daella Apparine said:
There is no rule stopping Factions from creating their own three tier rank system for NFUs.

And that's all I really have for this conversation.
True, but from my experience most factions have some type of military/security force or diplomatic team that involves room for personal advancement and professional promotions.

I was just exploring the mind set of Force users against Non force users. Lot of inexperienced writers have that entitled feeling they are above the NFUs. And i guess the answer is write realistically or RPJ will have to mediate. I am not stroking all force users as such. Most of your are amazing and I love you all for it.

A lot of experienced writers have the mindset that they're above NFUs, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. It would be less problematic if we placed limitations on how much anti-FU tech a Force user could have, but that's way too fascist for our tastes. The rule of the site is that FU ranks determine only how much Force power you can bring to bear, and nothing else. Skill is based on the writer in charge and the character concept.

Daella Apparine said:
There is no rule stopping Factions from creating their own three tier rank system for NFUs.
And yeah. This. The Mandalorians already have their own NFU ranking system. If more factions want to do that, we won't stop them at all.

tumblr_inline_mk8b07S1K51qz4rgp.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom