Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Species

So I'm planning on putting this up in species creation when the codex comes back up, but I'd like to work out as many kinks in it as I can before I do so heres what I have, please suggest any and all improvements you can think of

cat-girl.jpg

Credit: Photobucket

Name: Nekotians
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Nomad Species (Destroyed Homeworld)
Language: Basic, Punctuated by much hissing if angry
Average height of adults: Ranges from 1.4 to 2 meters
Skin color: Most Nekotians are quite pale
Hair color: Various, though do have a tendency toward more unnusual coloures like blue or purple
Breathes: Oxygen
Strengths: Agility, Do to their catlike nature Nekotians are very agile
Night Vision, Once again do to catlike nature Nekotians can see in the dark
Flexible, All Nekotians are very flexible, akin to most professional contortionists
Weaknesses:
Frail, Nekotans are not as robust as normal humans or most other species
Weak Minded, Nekotans are not strongwilled and can be easily persuaded and distracted
Kleptomania, Kleptomania is a psychological trait present in 99.9 % of all Nekotians
Distinctions: Cat-Like ears and tail, Sharp claw like finger nails
Average Lifespan: Nekotans live very short lives, most dying around the age of 50
Races:
Nekoti, The Nekoti represent the sterotypical Nekotan, Brash, Adventurous and Adorable
They tend to have shorter lives and are shorter in stature then their cousins the Nekota
Nekota, The Nekota represent the less common breed of Nekotians, Being taller, more powerful, and more long lived than the Nekoti. Their fur and skin tend to be darker aswell
Estimated Population: Nekotians exist at a rate of roughly one Nekotian to every ten thousand humans

Diet: Nekotians eat most foods that humans do, though they have a tendency toward fish.
Communication: Verbal
Culture: Nekotian culture is a mess do to their widespread and ill organized nature, further damaged by their lost home. Most nekotians adopt the customs of their new homes
Technology level: Varies based on world of residence
General behavior: Nekotians tend to be adventurous, curios, open minded, mischieveous and playful
History: The Nekotian are a species of near humans that lived on the world of Meckonia before it's destruction thousands of years ago early in the reign of the old republic. Since then Nekotians have played little important role in the galaxy, existing on it's fringes. Several Nekotians however have managed to become famous dancers, singers, explorers and acrobats, as their natural physiology and traits lend themselves well to these professions. They are also one of the only species in the galaxy who will sometimes willingly enter into indentured servitude as 'pets' .
Notable Player-Characters: None, Yet
Intent: To create a light hearted and fun species of exlorers and tricksters to populate the background of the galaxy aswell as to create one such character for myself.

As for the species, I will have to refuse myself reviewing or judging this because I...well to be honest I don't like catgirls that much.

My one piece of advice to you is to make them unique somehow. They need to be set apart in a good, detailed way...not just be humanoids with cat ears who like shiny things.

Just my personal opinion, wanna be a catgirl, nothing wrong with that, this is an RP Site for people to RP as they want. Easiest, and most logical, reasonable way to do it. Half-bred with one of the many, many felinoid species in existence.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Trying to get something like this approved is sort of a hard sell. Not impossible, but not easy either.

Generally speaking, we look for three things when we review a species: does it make sense biologically, is it balanced for roleplay, and does it make sense in the Star Wars setting? There are other factors, but those are the big three.

Biologically speaking, felines and primates are both mammals. I don't know of any examples of, say, Cathar and humans crossbreeding, but with a little genetic engineering, it's not out of the question. You'd probably need some development to show just how it was done.

As far as RP balance goes, I don't see anything too egregious. The strengths and weaknesses would need to be fleshed out a little more, but there seems to be a good balance, and I don't see too much that could be abused in RP.

The kicker will be making the species make sense from a Star Wars perspective. That can be a highly subjective thing. My advice is to work with the Judge who handles your submission. Don't try to fight them over little details. If they're satisfied with the outcome, the admin or RPJ looking over the submission is more likely to let it pass.

Hope that helps.

[member="Lady Lussuria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom