Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rank Title Restrictions

TO BE ABLE TO REQUEST RANK TITLES:

1. YOUR CHARACTER PROFILE SHEET MUST BE POSTED.
2. THE WRITER OR CHARACTER ACCOUNT REQUESTING MUST HAVE 50 POSTS OR MORE.
3. YOU MUST HAVE NOT REQUESTED A RANK TITLE CHANGE IN THE PAST 30 DAYS.

These new restrictions are effective immediately.

I would assume #2 is for those characters that are made, put in one thread and never seen from again for whatever reasoning. I think the 50 post marker is there to make sure folks stick around after our overlords go to so much work.

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

They can have the identity, they can be a Sith Apprentice or w.e but they can't request the tags themselves; it's to stop the request thread from being flooded constantly by characters that are rarely used.

Well, I have a question about the third point. Let's say Character Alpha (an example) is a neutral Apprentice and has a tag which states so. But then the Character Alpha joins the Republic (an example) and wants their tags to be changed. But Character Alpha has been an Apprentice for a long time and so they are promoted to a Jedi Knight very soon after they join the Republic. But 30 days haven't passed, so does the Character Alpha have to run around with the Jedi Apprentice tag until the 30 days pass and they can finally request new tags?

(sorry for making it so complicated...)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
1) To be honest, this is something I expected would be done from the get-go.
2) This one is easy; just post on your Writer's account and tag the character you are having it added to. This keeps people from getting their shiny classes or faction tag and then flunking out of the site three days later.
3) This, I can understand. On another site I remember how people would always be picky or flaky and change their minds every couple of weeks. Well, that was mostly with name changes, but it was still a lot of work to do! This is fine and dandy, I only have one point to make; what about promotions? I believe there should be an exempt for promotions provided there is a link to the thread or decision of promotion.

Long story short, this isn't even a nuisance because it's something I would have found normal the day I first joined the site.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I like to remember that Character Titles are a privilege of the board's Staff. We don't need them. Staff could just walk away from them and say: "Nah. We're done. Do it yourself. Just put them in your signature. Thx."

So while I understand that new rules can be inconvenient? I also understand that Staff could just say to hell with it and walk away at their liesure. So I'm happy for every week they decide to keep them. :D

Yeah... from the very first days in here, which was in March (if I remember correctly), I have appreciated your work with the rank tags... I remember the time when we could only have one tag, but then Teferi tried adding a bit more to his account... he added many of them and it worked and since that day we have the right to have two tags... But that's not what I wanted to say. The tags are not extremely important for anything, but they are an amazing work. I am really amazed, that you still give them to people, that new tags will be made when it's needed... And it's cool! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom