Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Invasion Rules

Dallen Thayne said:
I like that duels and objectives hopefully won't be rushed and people won't try to abuse a rule to declare a win in a fight and it can all be about the story.

I do have the question if the rules could be better worded? They give the feeling factions shouldn't set objectives or have NPCs present period. Which I figure they still can since we'd need points for the story to be centered around (like a battle around a palace or government official), for the setting. Just think the rules aren't phrased to reflect that we can still have those they just won't count as points to rack up.
I really wanted to answer this, and I had the answer for this, the wording just escaped me at the time. It's a great question.

Do objectives matter? They're actually pretty fun and provide easy structure, but the rules Staff is now imposing seem to say we don't want objectives.

I actually answered this during Staff's debate over these rules, and hopefully this answer will satisfy you and the community.

Asemir Lor'kora said:
In other words, the question is why are there objectives if they contribute nothing to the victory decision?
My Answer To Staff:

Why will objectives continue to exist? To provide goals and structure for the Factions to pursue during the role-play. Doing free-for-all roleplays get repetitive, sometimes objective-oriented roleplays are needed. But objectives still make everything PvP.

We can take away judging duels but keep objectives in, and people will still stop losing duels because to lose a duel means losing the objective. It's a terrible dance that contributes to godmoding, OOC drama, salt, etc.

A suggestion, if it matters much, but we could reword this instead of "will not be considered when" to be something like "will not be the deciding factor when". It provides the illusion that objectives and stuff matter, whereas they really only offer marginal advantages if a faction did better in the fields marked here.
My Answer To Staff:

No, I won't be changing this line. Despite our need to make things make sense. Mainly because you're trying to provide that illusion, and I'm not. I don't need illusions to convince the community, and I don't need illusions to provide future confusion for our Judges.

I'm straight up telling you, the members, the Faction Owners, that it does not matter and will not be considered.

Your objectives, your pvp duels, your scoreboards, your point counting - none of it matters.

Just role-play.

In short, yes, objectives are fun and I'm not trying to execute them. The victory conditions are clear in that they will not be considered during the Invasion in order to alleviate pressure on members to win their perspective battles for that objective. Your character's story in striving for victory matters - whether he succeeds or fails does not.

tumblr_magie1WQLo1qj06ito1_500_large.gif
wtf are these rules?
How do I prove my superiority if my fancy awesome duel doesn't even count towards victory? :p
i feel betrayed
tumblr_mb2zcmx7841qeuaj8o1_r1_500.gif
jk. nice rules.

[member="Tefka"]

That mostly reaffirms that they don't count toward the score which I think is the clear part (and the part I think everyone will like).

What I meant more was: We can still have objectives to tell the story around right? Factions can set up objectives and stuff for the roleplay to have a setting.

Its clear they won't count for points and that's fine, but factions can still set them for the purpose of having a story the writers can engage around is what I think is less clear.

Like just saying roleplay at random is a bit messy. So can factions still come together and setup objectives so when a thread starts all the writers have an idea of the story for the world they are to roleplay on. Like: The Sith are attacking Chawza, they aim to attack the senate etc. So while duels and the destruction of the senate building don't count for points, we can still let all the participating writers know a basic setting to start from. That being, Sith wanna wreck poodoo here, Republic wants to protect it. Go nuts at each from there.

AND (because I am shocked no one's used this yet)
1168dca482a2a02327715c96124824ee3c1307e1de81b39ea76c7b55557e63d2.jpg

(which I happy for since seeing story based duels without combating for points will be nice)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
sabrina said:
that be the one,
Then, yeah. You can have feedback following any thread you do. Like, always. :p

I thought you were asking for the RPJs to provide 'feedback' about the Invasion itself. Sry.

This actually gives me some hope that I can actually participate in, and contribute to, an invasion for my faction. I admittedly didn't realize that there were new rules, and this may just change my strong tendency to avoid invasions.

Kudos.

Another benefit to these rules: The rules will drive down the cost of healthcare because there will be fewer Staff inpatient admissions based on alcohol consumption and/or self-injury from judging Invasions.

sabrina

Matier said:
Physical reality.

So, does this mean someone can fly in with all kinds of superiority(character, gear, tactics) and still lose an invasion just because somebody's writing was nicer and they were nicer OOC? :)

Kind of saddens me to see people are coerced into being nice OOC by relating this to an IC goal, which should be determined by something else, imho.
Tefka said:
Uh, yes, that's exactly what this means.
May I ask who judges this?
Also how, and would it be open, so people can see how it was judged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom