Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Invasion Rules

INVASION

Label your faction's name, the planet, and the opposing faction (if there is one) in the topic title. Acquisitions will not be awarded in the future if this is not adhered to.

A Major Faction may only start one Invasion at a time and may not start another until the original invasion is completed and judged.

Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise is not reached within 7 days, please consult the SWRP Staff Team and a Role-play Judge will be assigned.

At any point, a Major Faction may “invade” another Major Faction's occupied planet. This involves one Major Faction's members fighting for control of the planet against another Major Faction's members.

1. Stampeding* is not allowed.
*Stampeding is when a Major Faction colludes to post all of its members repetitively without waiting for a proper response from the opposition.

VICTORY DECLARATION

1. The thread must have a minimum total of 100 posts between both factions.

2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.

Once an Invasion nears it's completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will be privately contacted and a Role-play judge will be assigned. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judge will decide the victor.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
The following will be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Teamwork. The amount of teamwork each faction exhibits over the course of the Invasion will contribute to victory, including its organization, cooperation with the faction's members, and how it executes its vision for the Invasion. This also includes members from opposing factions working with each other, rather than against each other, to provide entertaining role-play.
  • Story. Does it make sense? How exciting is it? Are the factions trying to weave a purposeful story or put up points on a scoreboard? This should not include the reason for the Invasion, but rather the story that proceeds once the Invasion has begun.
  • OOC Drama. Negative drama instigated by either side, publicly, can negatively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Entertainment. The value of entertainment provided by Factions in an Invasion can positively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Effort. The amount of effort put into the Invasion by each faction participating will positively impact that faction's chances for victory. This includes, but is not limited to - active writers participating, quality of writing, and responding to your writing partners in a reasonable time.

I like that duels and objectives hopefully won't be rushed and people won't try to abuse a rule to declare a win in a fight and it can all be about the story.

I do have the question if the rules could be better worded? They give the feeling factions shouldn't set objectives or have NPCs present period. Which I figure they still can since we'd need points for the story to be centered around (like a battle around a palace or government official), for the setting. Just think the rules aren't phrased to reflect that we can still have those they just won't count as points to rack up.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
They look nice on paper, we will see how it goes in the first invasion using them but question Tef. The rule about forcing a faction to accept several invasions at once. Is that still around or was it ditched and dogpiling can happen again?

Tefka said:
VICTORY CONDITIONS

The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
The following will be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Teamwork. The amount of teamwork each faction exhibits over the course of the Invasion will contribute to victory, including its organization, cooperation with the faction's members, and how it executes its vision for the Invasion. This also includes members from opposing factions working with each other, rather than against each other, to provide entertaining role-play.
  • Story. Does it make sense? How exciting is it? Are the factions trying to weave a purposeful story or put up points on a scoreboard? This should not include the reason for the Invasion, but rather the story that proceeds once the Invasion has begun.
  • OOC Drama. Negative drama instigated by either side, publicly, can negatively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Entertainment. The value of entertainment provided by Factions in an Invasion can positively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Effort. The amount of effort put into the Invasion by each faction participating will positively impact that faction's chances for victory. This includes, but is not limited to - active writers participating, quality of writing, and responding to your writing partners in a reasonable time.
I really don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have a hard time understanding what will determine the outcome of an invasion with such vague rules.
In real life, the outcomes of battles are determined by factors ranging from how well your troops are trained, to how much technology do you have at your disposal, to the tactical prowess of your leaders.
For instance, the Battle of Stalingrad was won by the Soviets because they surrounded the 6th army, cutting them off from the rest, despite Germans having air superiority at first. Soviets used winter and reduced performances of tanks during that season to launch a series of counter-offensives.

Alas, the outcome of the battle was determined by facts, not by impressions. This is why I think the list should be more of etiquette during invasions and not a set of guidelines of what is judged during invasions. How exactly does acting nice OOC contribute to winning invasion itself? I thought that was implied.

Maybe it's time some of us(me included, but I've come to terms with this) to admit we are not good at playing the invasion game. If you have an unfortified planet and throng of Sith looming over it... you will lose it. Common sense dictates it. No matter how much it may be frustrating.

Tefka said:
This isn't real life.
Physical reality.

So, does this mean someone can fly in with all kinds of superiority(character, gear, tactics) and still lose an invasion just because somebody's writing was nicer and they were nicer OOC? :)

Kind of saddens me to see people are coerced into being nice OOC by relating this to an IC goal, which should be determined by something else, imho.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Matier"]

Matier said:
So, does this mean someone can fly in with all kinds of superiority(character, gear, tactics) and still lose an invasion just because somebody's writing was nicer and they were nicer OOC? :)
To be fair, at the end of the day, I'd rather see the better writer (not just nicer, be as aggressive as you want ICly) and the more civil player win out, yes. That should incentivize others to correct their behavior so that their decked out, jacked up character can win someday.

Does it make less sense, ICly? Sure. But this is a writing game, not a simulation, so we can fudge the rules to maintain a good community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom