Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Group Rank Tags?

So I've, obviously, notcied a long time ago that we have five different group rank tags: Writer, Character, Factory Judge, Reolplay Judge, and Administrator. But what occurred to me is maybe have two new group ranks tags: Faction Owner and Faction Administrator. Reason why I suggest this is so members know who's the official FO or the FAs of any faction without having to stress themselves of finding and knowing who are the FOs and the FAs of any faction.

I don't know what y'all think. Y'all might think this is something necessary or unnecessary.

So my question is to everyone in general is what y'all think of this suggestion?

Vilaz Munin said:
we have five different group rank tags: Writer, Character, Factory Judge, Reolplay Judge, and Administrator.
No mention of Codex Judge.

giphy.gif

Must wage war on Mandalore

[member="Vilaz Munin"] I can see that - sometimes I find it hard to know who is a Faction Administrator and who to approach if anything, or even making clear I am one myself to other newbies etc.

Then on the other side of the coin I guess I could list it in my sig maybe. Good idea though.

Honestly, I think that it is the responsibility of the Faction Team to be visible to their members. That way there wouldn't really be any need for a FO/FA tag in the first place.

Which is not to mention the amount of work this would put on the Admins just to ensure that the right person gets the right tag.

So while I understand why this could be nifty, I don't think it's a big enough issue to warrant this kind of thing.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]
With the exception of Founder, all of the rank tags are specifically there to grant permissions of one form or another.

It would be far simpler for people to simply put "Mandalorian Faction Admin" in their signature.

Spencer Varanin said:
Honestly on how fast some factions change staff it would seem like more work than benefit. Can always list the faction staff team/have little banners in your sig.
How would it be any more work than dealing with Illie making a new alt or Cloudbreaker changing factions?

Considering there are typically 6-12 major factions at a time, and each one typically has 3-5 Admins (depending on the size of the faction), I think that would be an absolute drop in the bucket compared to the amount of time that gets put into, say, the Factory or Codex.

Character/Account Name:
Name of Major Faction:
Link to Major Faction's membership list (preferably to the exact page where your name is listed):
Name of position held (Faction Admin or Faction Owner):

If provided with a link, it would take 30-60 seconds to click the link, scan for the name, confirm the held rank, open the control tab for the account in question, and switch them from Writer/Character to FO or FA.

While I get the argument to simply put those tags into your signature, there is no means of controlling who puts what in their signature. [member="Darth Vornskr"] could have the Mand'alor Tag in his signature, and there is not one single rule on the board that says that he can't. Making official rank tags that are given or taken away by the actions of a site administrator adds a semblance of control and authority to the position as well as making it instantly clear who holds what positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom