Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Feature Incoming

Merry Christmas, Star Wars RP Chaos!

Keep a look out for a new feature coming to the site early January. Staff is looking to implement Achievements for those looking to get recognition for their activity on the site. Achievements will be awarded for participation in Invasions and Galactic Events among other things.

The Achievements will be retroactively awarded and bound to the Writer rather than Character accounts. Yet, a few are going to require a ton of work on the Writer's part.

Let us know what you think of this upcoming feature in this thread!

More seriously: It's nice that rank isn't the only indicator if a character has been developing for a time. Like a bartender who has been around for a year, might have a lot of rp, not only history now but a few awards.

And less serious: Shiney badges are always nice :)

Will there be a page in the profile or some such?

So I'm assuming you will get an automated message if you get an achievement. If not, how will you know?

Secondly, will there be a thread showing the list of possible achievements along with the things that need to be done in order to obtain said achievement?

Suhr

S
I like this, but it seems awfully vague. Could we get some examples of achievements, and the ways in which they're achieved?

Iris Harper said:
So I'm assuming you will get an automated message if you get an achievement. If not, how will you know?

Secondly, will there be a thread showing the list of possible achievements along with the things that need to be done in order to obtain said achievement?
You will be adequately notified when you receive an achievement. There will be a thread showing the entire list of possible achievements and their requirements.

Suhr said:
Could we get some examples of achievements, and the ways in which they're achieved?
As stated in the lead, some Achievements will require participation in Invasions and Galactic Events up to a certain number. I know it's vague, but I shouldn't give a way all the surprise. ;)

I never really liked achievements that can only be achieved if you were there at the time. Blizzard recognized the problems with this, which is what limited availability achievements are separated from the rest. It feels a lot more rewarding as a new person if you know you can "earn them all" eventually.

Will there be rewards for certain ones, such as limited titles, the ability to get a custom title, or other similar things?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I hate to be a meanieface but I really have to say this blunt and clear;

Please fix the issues already present with the site before adding anymore future workloads on the site.
I am quite tired of the random internal server errors we get random times throughout the day now.
Acheivements are no good if you can't access the site or lose your post half the time.

I personally have never had trouble with the site, though admittedly I've not been here very long. I'm sorry to hear that others have, but I don't think the admin team will be putting any of their efforts to fix such problems aside in expanding available content. I commend the admins for working to keep things fresh; I love the idea of achievements. As a non-Force character, I agree strongly with Kei Amadis; it'll be nice to have another way to demonstrate progress. As for limited titles, like those for veterans and past events, I personally think it's only fair that those exist. Not being able to earn everything upsets my OCD, but it's a fitting reward for long-time players.

In short, this is a great idea, and I wholeheartedly support it.

I guess this could work. I just think players should be rewarded for participated rather then get achievements. Example: Every single Dominion, Invasion, Faction RP or anything in the likes, will have certain rewards. Players who exceed expectations and participate more then others (or did something that helped their cause/faction greatly) will get a reward at the end of the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom