Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Factory Administrator

[member="Gir Quee"] has been promoted to Factory Administrator and will be relieving me.

As my last act, I have relieved the entire Factory Judge team. I would like to take the time to thank each one of them for their guidance and advice over these last few months as we made our sweeping changes in the Factory to alleviate the massive amount of stress the Factory was under.

I think, and I believe we would all agree with me, that things have changed for the better. We had to make some sacrifices, but I've never seen the Factory so calm. It's honestly been an honor, and I appreciate the community for their understanding and the FJ Team for their diligence.

However, I would like my successor to have a clean, empty room to walk into. To my knowledge, it's not been done before, but neither has anything else we've accomplished so... thanks, guys. [member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Cairyn Midore"]

Please join me in welcoming our newest Administrator and the new Factory Administrator.

[member="Gir Quee"] Congratulations man! Well deserved! Good luck running the factory :)

[member="Ria Misrani"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Cairyn Midore"]

Thanks for all the work guys. You've all made my subs better with your feedback :)

original.gif

Can your first act be to unban me from the Factory? I made a joke Tefka didn't like and I've been unable to access the Factory for two weeks.

[member="Gir Quee"]
Congratulations on your new position, I've always thought you were a great asset to the factory and staff. Keep up the good work, it has been great seeing you move from eager submitter all the way to the factory admin.

Thank you everyone. I have been fortunate in that many others have given a lot of their time and effort over the years with the Factory, so I have been able to enjoy it myself as a writer. I hope that I can carry on that tradition so we can continue to enjoy the factory together as a community.

With that said, I'd like to explicitly thank several community members that have stood to me for their recent contribution to the Factory environment despite not being factory staff:

[member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]

The Factory doesn't use the old judging format, so it's been my pleasure to see you all converse respectively and constructively with each other about concerns with submission without getting Factory Staff involved. You have saved the community from some potential drama and have made Factory Staff's life easier as well. Thank for you that.

The Factory is now recruiting judges again. If you're interested, please send me a PM. Thank you all again!

Ella Nova said:
Can your first act be to unban me from the Factory? I made a joke Tefka didn't like and I've been unable to access the Factory for two weeks.
My team erroneously hid this post, but I wanted to address it publicly since you asked it publicly.

1. I have referred my advice and the details of your situation to the incoming Factory Administrator. If he makes a different decision, you will hear about it from him directly.
2. If you haven't heard from him, assume the original ban continues as planned.

There is a correct time and place for everything. I honestly had a chuckle at your "joke", but it was very much the wrong time and place and was correctly addressed. It went like this:

1. I post an announcement to the Factory to "not be snobby in other people's subs" and reminded others only the Factory Admin/team has jurisdiction to judge, not any player.
2. You posted "All Hail King Of The Losers!" video in response.
3. I banned you and your accounts from the Factory, and gave you a warning point explaining the following:

Disrespectful posts towards the Factory Administrator in Factory Discussion can not be tolerated. You may openly dissent in opinion, but please try to remain respectful and pleasant to others when expressing your opinions.

A Factory Ban has been applied to your accounts.

Respectfully,
Tefka

I'm sure there's several ways to explain your joke, but there was really only one way to interpret it. I would treat this ban as a lesson for "the right time and place" to make those jokes in the future, and I would try to consider how they might be interpreted.

The new Factory Admin might not make the same decisions I make as he learns how he'll want to do the job, but regardless of those decisions I do not find it unreasonable to ask that... when you're in the Factory, you don't have to respect who the Factory Administrator is, or who the Factory Judges are.

But it is expected that you'll respect what they represent, and the titles they hold, which is the Staff Team's official presence in the Factory.

...If you want to continue to use the Factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom