Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a Jedi Person

Drapeam Nyx said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"]
I don't think I can see Nyx joining the Republic full-on, at least not at the moment. But if the Order is helping her... I'd imagine she would help them out in return. Just with a 'bit' (read; a lot) of swearing, some complaining, and 'some' difficulty working with others. She's generally the type of person who's well-suited for the darkside. Yet she's doing her best to cling on to the little amount of compassion she has left... even if it looks like she's suffocating it under twenty layers of snark, sarcasm, and curse words. Her time with the Jedi helping her is meant to decide her path- essentially whether she ends up on a mission to kill all force users and Imperials or turns into some sort of space-hippie. Or who knows, maybe a third, better option will show up?

For now her main allegiance is with credits the Protectorate. But they don't have healers quite like the 'Pub does.
I'm pretty sure that if anyone could convince her to put on a bath-robe and wave around a lightstick though, it would probably be Corvus or someone pretty similar...
I'm going to start with a quote from the great man. No, not [member="Zane Watts"], but another Jedi:

"[member="Drapean Nyx"], you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Comparing Jedi groups is always fraught with danger, so I won't even try. The Jedi Order is broadly as traditional as you'll get on the boards. That does not mean all of our Jedi are squeaky-clean. But certain things aren't going to work with us. Using Dark-sided powers, picking and choosing which bits of the Code and pillars you want to follow, killing anyone you fancy on sight.

My advice (for what it's worth) is choose the type of Jedi you want to be and find a Faction that works that way. Too often people pick a Faction they like, but create a Jedi that's not compatible. That leads to frustration on both sides.

So, if you want - now or in the future - for Nyx to be redeemed and helped to walk a Light-sided path (even if it didn't work out), we'd be a good fit. And if you think we're all goody-goody in our approach, you haven't met [member="Diego Ticon"]. I won't begin to tell you what I caught him and a female Jedi doing in the Library at the Academy. And he's my Padawan!

And whichever Faction you join, just have fun...

#justsayin'

Evard L'Rik

Got Lightning Running Through my Veins
Corvus Raaf said:
I won't begin to tell you what I caught him and a female Jedi doing in the Library at the Academy. And he's my Padawan!
And then, well... I sort of snuck the girl in question out for a date, and then snuck her sister in, and then...

I'm not a Jedi, though... No reason for me to feel bad.

[member='Drapeam Nyx']

Corvus Raaf said:
"[member="Drapean Nyx"], you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
And whichever Faction you join, just have fun...
#justsayin'
[member="Corvus Raaf"]
A+ quote. 'Bout as true as it gets. Nyx here has a bad perspective. She grew up with people telling her Jedi suck, then got messed up by Sith. As a soldier she's seen all sorts of horrible things. Things she won't forget. And she's always needed someone or something to blame. Why all this chaos?... After having Sith needles jabbed in her face, she chose to hate pretty much all force users. Why? Because to her they caused all of her problems. Messed up a lot of other people as well. The only kind of forcies she likes are those who only fight when necessary, only protecting, those who keep themselves separated from politics, and those who seek to better the galaxy as well as themselves. With that said, the Republic's Jedi Order is quite possibly the one she'd be most likely to turn to. While they obviously aren't filled with those sort of people, they do have quite a few, and are the most well known. Nyx may have grown up with bad stories about them... she also learned a lot about them from less biased sources. Even worked with a couple after her ship crashed.

When it comes to Nyx becoming a Jedi... I don't know if that's what she'd want. Hell, I used to be sure the most she's ever going to do with the force is light her cigarette without realizing she hadn't clicked her lighter yet. But I don't really want to set a path in stone for her. Maybe she'll get the poison out and spend the rest of her years (all 5,000ish) recording history for the Jedi Order. Or maybe she'll end up being consumed by the poison and just kind of fall over awkwardly as she croaks. She shall flow with the story, with only a few nudges here and there from me. Besides that I'm just going to wind her up, put her down, at watch where she ends up going. At least that's the plan. Right now she's standing on the edge of the Protectorate, needing credits, and wondering when she'll wake up with only one eye working. Going to the Republic is something I'm 90% sure she's going to end up doing. In her mind that would only be for the treatment though. What happens there is up to the story.

Sure, I know how her mind works. It's up to me how she reacts to things. But I can't predict what others are going to do, say, and think while they're around her. Maybe someone will sit her ass down and have a long talk with her. Maybe they'll have earned her trust somehow. Maybe she'll listen to them. But maybe someone won't, or maybe the person who does isn't someone she has any respect for. Or maybe they'll pick the wrong time and she just won't bother to pay attention. Nyx has her goals, her dreams, that's for sure. So does everyone else. What they do affects her and vice versa. My only hope for her is that she leads me to a great story with better writing and greater characters. If that means doing something else than what I originally thought out... well that's okay with me. It's all about the story. Well, and the fun! :)

With that said... I'd find it pretty fun if Nyx spent some time with Corvus. Wouldn't have to be a recurring thing, but I think it would be interesting to see how it goes! If Ms. Raaf can handle having a Ticon as a padawan... I'm pretty sure she can handle a soldier who lacks social skills. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about her doing anything but reading in the library :D Well, you might find her asleep at a computer terminal... but only because she stayed up to late doing research. Nyx really does seem like a mean kind of girl, who just likes shooting things, but she's full of surprises. You just have to work a little to get to 'em. Kind of like the quote from her bio says: “And above all else: Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest of secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places. Those who don't believe in magic, those who do not look, will never find it.”

Sorry if I rambled or if parts of this didn't make any sense. Nyx isn't the only one who stays up to late sometimes, heh heh...
I really need a nap.

Drapeam Nyx said:
With that said... I'd find it pretty fun if Nyx spent some time with Corvus. Wouldn't have to be a recurring thing, but I think it would be interesting to see how it goes! If Ms. Raaf can handle having a Ticon as a padawan... I'm pretty sure she can handle a soldier who lacks social skills. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about her doing anything but reading in the library :D Well, you might find her asleep at a computer terminal... but only because she stayed up to late doing research. Nyx really does seem like a mean kind of girl, who just likes shooting things, but she's full of surprises. You just have to work a little to get to 'em. Kind of like the quote from her bio says: “And above all else: Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest of secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places. Those who don't believe in magic, those who do not look, will never find it.”
If I could have 'Liked' your post twice, I would have. If you EVER want to thread, just say where and when and I'll be there. Sith Temples are trickier, but not entirely out of the question (I'm in one now but only one of them has noticed so far - mind you, she's as scary as the rest put together).

And [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] would be great to RP with too (both for Nyx and Corvus).

[member="Corvus Raaf"]
I'm glad my sleepy mumbling made some sense :D
Are you talking about the In Umbris thread or...? Because yes, Darth Vitamin can be quite scary, despite her healthy nickname. Don't tell her I said that. Nyx is totally fearless. Doesn't fear space or deep, dark water at all. Nope. Not even a little bit. :p
Ahem. Moving on. I'd love to set something up tomorrow. Kind of still half-asleep right now. Staying up to write a post doesn't really help much.

[member="Kana Truden"]
Well, I imagine Nyx would come across more than just one Jedi while she's being treated. I'd totally be up for doing something with Kana as well. Same goes for you, [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"].

Drapeam Nyx said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"]
Are you talking about the In Umbris thread or...? Because yes, Darth Vitamin can be quite scary, despite her healthy nickname. Don't tell her I said that. Nyx is totally fearless. Doesn't fear space or deep, dark water at all. Nope. Not even a little bit. :p
Ahem. Moving on. I'd love to set something up tomorrow. Kind of still half-asleep right now. Staying up to write a post doesn't really help much.
That thread? I couldn't possibly say... ;)

I'm totally up for a thread - your place, your time. Just post, mention me and I'll be there - or PM me if you'd prefer to discuss it up front. Either way works for me...

I'd offer to help, but I have no idea how much help I would be since I'm just starting.... that and I'm unsure of how much help an 18 year old jedi with the attention span of a gnat and the abs of a Greek god can be to someone who hates Force users. But hey, if you find me suitable I'll help. Especially since I'm becoming a Padawan of [member="Corvus Raaf"] . We could all have a giant nerd party on Jedi lore and watch me bounce around with childish excitement like a pinball that just ate a ghost pepper. Yeah I don't know where I come up with this stuff either.... Hey look its 3 a.m already!

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Drapeam Nyx"]

I honestly can tell you a traditional Jedi (As in the pre-Empire kind) is quite hard to find, but as Watts pointed out [member="Corvus Raaf"] is pretty damn close to the real thing. So i would suggest honestly the Republic's Jedi Order and not the Silver Jedi Order... still love the Silvers, dont get me wrong, and i still hate the Republic's but the Republics is still the premier choice for traditional.

*kicks [member="Corvus Raaf"] into a wall*

Drapeam Nyx said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

[member="Kana Truden"]
Well, I imagine Nyx would come across more than just one Jedi while she's being treated. I'd totally be up for doing something with Kana as well. Same goes for you, [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"].
You find what you're looking for yet?

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Drapeam Nyx"]

large.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom