Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Narrikians

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Making a species for RP Purposes.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: None needed, as I wrote the species.
  • Links:
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Narrikians
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/setus-prime.86512/
    Edit: (Original Homeworld, Abandoned.)
  • Average Lifespan: 400-800 Years
  • Estimated Population: Interplanetary
  • Description: The Narrikians are bipedal humanoids. They also have gemstones in their foreheads, and lines of energy across their body. When they are using the Force, the lines and the Gemstone on them will glow. They typically are 5"5-8"3 in terms of height. They're a very germaphobic / Xenophobic species.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I Atmosphere
  • Average Height of Adults: 5”5 - 6”2.
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Silver, Copper, Gold, Bronze, and a sort of Ironish Skin Tone.
  • Hair color: Gold, Purple, Red, Orange, Green, Navy, Platinum.
  • Distinctions: One of the unique traits is that they have 'markings' on their body. Depending on if they use the light or dark side of the Force more often the marks will change color. For Lightside, the markings are blue and for the dark side the markings are red in color almost blood red, to be exact.For neutrals, it’s a purple color.
  • Races:
    • Avar- Avar are the mainly scientific race. Physically they're weaker than baseline Narrikians but are even smarter. They possess levels of intelligence that allows them to invent mechanical devices few could dream up. These are also a bit more agile, but also possess skills in the healing, and other Force abilities as opposed to combat.
    • Desros- Desros are the ones who are naturally more gifted when it comes to the Brute Force or destructive powers involving the Force. They stand anywhere from 5-8 feet tall, and usually have bulging muscles in the males.
    • Arcson- The Arcson are the ones who are dead to the Force. They usually work with chemicals, or constantly study themselves, to try to figure out why they don't have the Force. They also do a lot of the plain technology used by the Narrikians.
  • Force Sensitivity High

Strengths:
  • Strong bodies: Due to being from a heavy gravity world Narrikians are stronger, tougher and sturdier than most races. They are about 2x faster and stronger than normal humans, despite not being as agile.
  • Scientific Aptitude: Many Narrikians if not all have a high level of aptitude for the sciences.
  • Strong in the force: The majority is weak in the Force, but there are some who are exceptional in the Force.
Weaknesses:
  • Agile: Due to being on a planet with higher gravity they will never be as agile as some of the races. This can prevent them from performing acrobatic maneuvers.
  • Weak Force Connections: The majority of the Narrikians have weak Force Connections, but there are some exceptions to this.
  • Pheromones: Due to their heightened physical abilities, pheromones would be more dangerous as their senses are sharper. This would make them easier to control by Zeltrons, or others.
  • Dead to the Force: 25% of the species is completely without Force Use. This means they can't use the Force whatsoever, and it also makes them completely defenseless against the Force.
  • Easily Controlled: Controlling the Emperor means that you control the population, so by controlling the Emperor one could make the species their slaves.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivores - Their diets mainly consist of Fish, Rice, and Vegetables.
  • Communication: They primarily use telepathic communication to communicate with themselves. They prefer it. When communicating with outsiders, they use verbal.
  • Technology level: Advanced but Outdated. They do not have easy access to most of the Holo Net.
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: When around outsiders the Narrikians will be tense, especially if the outsiders come to their planet in any large number. This could be due to stories told about the Galactic Empire and it’s invasion of the people. Yet given time they will likely loosen up if nothing hostile is attempted by the people. It is common to see Narrikians dueling with training sabers of their own design in the streets, as well as with other training weaponry. For part of their culture dictates that all of them learn how to protect themselves, even from a young age. The Narrikians are also germaphobic, and to a degree Xenophobic as well because of their past.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Early during the history of the Galactic Empire, the one led by Palpatine a planet was found that housed a race called the Narrikians. Seeing the Force abilities the people possessed, a Moff was appointed to subjugate the race and make them loyal imperials. When the Moff led his army of soldiers and murdered the Emperor of the time in cold blood, gunning him down before he even had a chance to say anything about surrender the people broke out in rebellion. The oldest son of that Emperor, Apollo Nova led a resistance comprised of every able bodied Narrikian and managed to actually beat the Empire off of their world. A representative of the Emperor was sent and an accord was struck because the Moff got in trouble for his actions, as he had wasted quite a lot of Imperial Resources to invade the planet in the first place, and holding it took even more.

The Narrikians would remain neutral, and not fight against the Empire and in return the Empire would consider them an independent species, with their own laws and governmental procedures and not send foreigners to harass them. Ignoring the Rebellion and not helping with it, the Narrikians continued to work on their technology. Apollo on his death bed looked at his son Helios, and gave him an assignment to make the Narrikians into a fighting force. Aged 200 at the time, Apollo passed away the next morning. For about six months, the Narrikians mourned the loss of their beloved Emperor.

Years passed and the Narrikians studied the technology the Empire left behind. Analyzing said technology and reverse engineering it, they were able to create their own technology. But rather than make their stuff like that of the people who oppressed them, the Narrikians decided as a whole and with the blessing of their Emperor that all of their technology would be unique in aesthetic design to them. Centuries passed, and currently the latest Emperor, a young Narrikian of 17 named Sirius Nova has been chosen to rule over them, a direct descendant. Sirius is new to the throne, and a lot might happen.

Edit: They eventually abandoned their world, and moved to a new one.

Last edited:
[member="Sirius Nova"]

Hello! Looks like I'll be your judge on this one. Let's get too it!

My main issues with this submission as it stands now is balance. In essence, they look just like humans only they are physically stronger, more scientifically advanced and stronger in the Force. These strengths are not really offset by weaknesses.

Sirius Nova said:
Strong bodies: Due to being from a heavy gravity world Narrikians are stronger, tougher and sturdier than most races.
Exactly how much stronger than a normal humanoid are the Narrikians? 1.5x? 2x?

Sirius Nova said:
Strong in the force: Narrikians have a higher chance of being force sensitive and those that are, are strong in the force.
I want to see this brought down a notch. If the majority are Force sensitive it needs to be balanced. Right now you have both quantity and quality. I want you to pick one. Either the majority are Force sensitive but their connection is on average weak, or only a rare few are Force sensitive but they can have on average a strong connection.

Sirius Nova said:
Unquestioning Loyalty: Narrikians are amazingly loyal to the highest authority within their race and government. They will not show such loyalty to outsiders.
It's a nice trait, but it doesn't really count as a solid weakness. I want to see another solid weakness to offset the great advantages of this species.

Sirius Nova said:
Average Lifespan: 2000 years, but some live more than that.
This is really old. Way more than most humanoids. I want to see this brought down. I don't have a problem with them living a few hundred years above average. If their lifespan gets considerably above average, however, I want this offset by low fertility/birth rate.

Sirius Nova said:
Technology level: Their technology is very advanced.
Advanced how? Most of the galaxy is fairly advanced. Would you say it's equal to Galactic Standard?

Thanks

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Great!

Sirius Nova said:
Average height of adults: 1.600200m and up.
Is there any reason for this being so long, and not just "1.6 m"?

I want you to expand on culture with a few more sentences. Since they are so near humans, what sets them apart? You're free to choose which areas to expand on yourself, but some suggested topics are: traditions, views on morality, cultural/social differences (if there are any) between the races.

Sirius Nova said:
. As the Tyranny of the Moff prevented him from reporting it to the Empire the people of the planet fought back and fought back hard. Sixty years later they had managed to root out every trace of the Empire and kept the technology.
I don't quite understand what you mean here. Could you rephrase? What is meant with the "Tyranny of the Moff"? Why did he not report this to the Empire, and why were no questions asked when the Empire's resources were poured into a 60 year long conflict that was unknown to other Imperials?

Thanks

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Thank you. The edits look good! I just have two more things I want to go over, and after that this will be good to go.

Sirius Nova said:
Dead to the Force: Those born without Force Sensitivity are dead to the Force. This makes them incapable of the Force, and unable to use it. This is about 25% of the species, to be honest.
When you say "dead to the Force", you mean they're unable to use the Force? Or that they are Force Dead, unable to be sensed or influenced by the Force? I would assume the former, but I want to clarify as the latter is quite the strength of itself.

Sirius Nova said:
Strong bodies: Due to being from a heavy gravity world Narrikians are stronger, tougher and sturdier than most races. They are about 3x faster and stronger than normal humans, despite not being as agile.
I still feel this gives them too much of an edge over the "standard" species. I want you to adjust this further. I'll give you two options (either/ or):
  • Bring the speed and strength advantage down to 1.5 or 2.0
  • Pick either strength or speed
Thanks!

[member="Sirius Nova"]

That's a tricky question to answer as there are a ton of options. Though changing to a canon planet would shake up a lot of what you've established in the species' history and culture. Why the change?

Codex is optional. Though it is encouraged to submit custom planets that go with custom species, it is not required. You could leave Beldorone mentioned here as the home planet, and whether you choose to submit it or not is ultimately up to you.

Warren Century Warren Century Hey there and sorry for the wait! This guys are very interesting, but we need to go over a few things before I can approve the new submission:
  • To get things started, as you state this is a redo of an older submission, I would recommend you add a link to the old in Out of Character Information, under Links.
  • In General Information blank:
    • Origins need to be filled out. This can be a planet (canon or Chaos canon sub), a company's lab, a region of space, extra-galactic, etc. Provide a link if applicable.
    • For Estimated Population, you need to specify the category: [ Unique (Only One Member), Semi-Unique (An extremely small number, first or last of their kind), Rare (A few groups, often limited to a single world), Planetary (A Large Concentration on a single world or system, rarely found off-world), Scattered (Smaller groups or individuals found in many places around the galaxy), Inter-Planetary (Multiple larger populations found within numerous star systems), Common (Can be found in most any space-worthy colony around the galaxy)- Optional: include a population number. ]
  • In Physical Information:
    • For Average Length of Adults, you can just write n/a.
    • Breathes part needs to be which type of atmosphere, as per the categories in the Wookiepedia. I believe you were referring to Type I, but this needs to be specifically written out.
Please tag me back once those edits are done :)

Warren Century Warren Century I thought you meant there was another submission. Sorry. You can just write the original intent back in;
Intent:
This is to provide an off shoot of humans with their own technology and gadgetry, and a new race for more variety in SWRP. It is also to provide me a race for a group of characters I'm working on.
Or that, but with edits.
Alternatively, you can just state you're making the species for RP purposes.

Warren Century Warren Century Thank you very much! The Population still needs to have a category attached to it (see my initial edit request), everything else checks out :)

There's one more matter though, and that's the formatting of the template, as it's slightly messy with the bulleted circles and lots of empty line spaces. If you can't fix it due to technical issues, I could go ahead and fix that for you if you want to.

Let me know what you prefer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom