Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Setus Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Setus Prime

Region: Outer Rim
System: Vedal
Suns: They have one sun named "Hyperion" that they orbit around.
Orbital Position: 7th Planet from the Suns.
Moons: A suitably sized moon named "Artemis" by the Narrikians.
System Features: There are many planets in the Vedal System, but the rest are uninhabited although some are habitable. Seven or so are full of ores, and resources that the Narrikians want to collect, standard stuff like metals, and copper. There are about seven habitable planets, while the rest just have a lot of raw materials that the Narrikians could mine for their own use.
Coordinates: 8, 29, Habitable Zone.
Rotational Period: Seventy Two Hours.
Orbital Period: 655 days.

Class: Terrestial
Diameter: 18,756 km
Atmosphere: 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Twice Standard.
Primary Terrain: Grassland, Mountains, Oceans, Tundras and Forests are all present on this planet. There are also some deserts that are home to a lot of caves, and tunnels on this world.

Native Species: Narrikians
Immigrated Species: Clones, Humans.

Affiliation: As of yet, undetermined. They are unaffiliated, but would not ally with any remnants of the Empire or Sith or similar group. The planet's verdict on Jedi has not yet been made.

Major Locations:

- The Palace: The Palace of the Emperor is one of the most well defended places on the planet. This is also home to a large archive full of texts made by Narrikians who have done research into the Force. Furthermore the palace also has an academy attached to it where Narrikians research the force, even if they don't value the Lightside or the Darkside mythos, but instead believe that both sides can be used without becoming like the Jedi or the Sith. The Palace appears to be made out of a chrome and crimson material, and is about fifty stories tall, in terms of height. The palace has automated turrets, and a large garrison of soldiers and Force Users.

- The Crystal Desert: A stretch of desert that is known for having Lightsaber Crystals, and lots of them buried in the sand or hidden in caves. It is here that Narrikians are sent when they graduate from the training the Narrikians do on their world with the Force to build themselves a Light Weapon that truly fits their nature.

- The Foundry: The Foundry is a place on the planet where most of their military supplies come from. Here, blasters and droids are built in large quantities by them, as well as suits of armor and vehicles. This is about the size of a city and home to those who cannot use the Force, and have dedicated themselves solely to science. There's a Garrison of Soldiers here, and much like the palace it is well defended to say the least.

- The Space Port: One of the most heavily secured areas on the planet, due to Narrikian distrust of aliens. This allows Narrikians to come and go from their world, assuming they could afford to buy a spaceship from aliens and the spaceship passes the inspection personally of the Emperor or whoever he assigns.

- The Facility: Simply known as "The Facility" this location is where the Narrikians confine any aliens that they have deemed too dangerous, as well as Narrikians who have used the process of Force Runes on their own body until they have double checked to make sure the individual has maintained their sanity. The Facility is second only to the Foundry or Royal Palace in terms of security. It's got a couple of armed garrisons, and a few Imperial Walkers that the Narrikians have built over the centuries, based off of the tech that was left here, and used for their own purposes.

Culture:

Daily life on the planet consists of all the Narrikians, kids included waking up at five am. From there it involves three hours of physical activity, training in hand to hand or with lightsabers for the Force Users. From there, the kids go off to school. Those who lack an affinity for the Force are usually given many job options from Engineer, to Robotics, to Weapons Engineering and many such other jobs. Some are even allowed to serve as soldiers for the Narrikians. The Force Users however are sent to various academies to learn how to channel their gift, as they comprise about 18% of the population, the Eighteen Percent being those who can actually wield the force in any meaningful fashion. Upon graduation from the academy, the Narrikians with the Force have a few option. They can join the Guard of the Emperor, they can study the secrets of the Force, they can craft weapons with the Force or they can help scientists learn how to counteract the power of the Force Users. The Narrikians as a people are a bit xenophobic, and cautious about aliens because of the data they have gotten from the Galactic Empire's ships that crashed on their world centuries ago. The Narrikians don't believe in the Lightside or the Dark Side of the Force, and don't have a religion as they believe that will be a hassle for them later on.

Technology: The planet is on par with the rest of the Galaxy, technology wise, save for ship technology. Their ship knowledge is limited and they have only one ship.
History:

The Narrikians have always called Setus Prime home for as long as they can remember. During the period of Palpatine and the Galafvtic Empire, the Narrikians captured a few Imperial Ships that had crash landed on their planet, and with them a population of clones. It was from these that the Narrikians began to learn the science of Ship Building. As they learned more about the Galactic Empire, the Narrikians realized that they were at an extreme disadvantage should the Empire come to their world. For they lacked the resources to build ships at that time. So the Emperor of the Narrikians ordered that the Narrikians learn how to build ships. Heavy analysis of the Imperial ships was done. But as they wanted to be more unique than replicas of the Empire, the Narrikians decided that they were going to put their own style into whatever ships they built. Thus they began to create their own ships. Alas their efforts wouldn't hold much fruit, as in the future they had problems of their own.

Time marched on however and events were set in motion that permanently changed the planet. While they were ignored by the Yuuzhan Vong and most of the galaxy, the Gulag Plague hit the planet hard and wiped out billions. Over the course of the next several centuries, the Narrikians who were immune to the Gulag Plague or had survived it and were unscathed wiped out those who were infected on the planet, killing them with fire so that they could spread the disease around the planet.

Four Hundred years later, the Narrikians had become immune. Led by Emperor Sirius Nova they have decided to make themselves to known to the Galaxy at large although their are only ten billion as opposed to the Two Trillion they would have had, had the virus not wiped out most of them, and the clones that they had as slaves for the most part. Now they seek to protect themselves against all known viruses so that a round two of the events of the plague cannot happen again. They've only recently began to build ships so they can get off of their world, or rather began relearning how to build ships for themselves.

Notable PCs: Sirius Nova - Narrikian Emperor
Intent: This is to provide a home-world to the Narrikians and a base of operations for Sirius.

Primary Languages: Narrikian, Outdated Galactic Basic. Think Old English.
Government: Empire.
Population: Ten Billion
Demonym: Narrikian
Major Imports: Ships, Communication Devices, Weaponry.
Major Exports: They brings supplies of herbs, as well as large supplies of Lightsaber Crystals. They export bronze, iron and copper from their world as well in large quantities. They also export videos of their sports matches as a way to make credits.

Good afternoon, [member="Sirius Nova"]. I shall be your judge for today.

Very unusual to see a trinary star system on Chaos, but it's an interesting choice. It does, however, mean that the system would have a very small habitable belt, due to the gravitational pull and heat generated by three systemic stars. I honestly wouldn't imagine the system to have as many planets as you've noted, truth be told - and are the others habitable? You're creating a system in addition to a singular planet, so some notes on that would be welcome!

Also, as a quick note: orbital rotation would likely be very different to a standard mono-star system, most particularly since it's unlikely the planet would revolve around all three stars. Which one is it bound in orbit to? The rotational period and orbital period are also pretty sizeable: a 72-hour day, with a 900-day year? That *would* be interesting. How does this affect the seasons on the planet?

Worth noting that 2x gravity would cause extreme issues for baseline humans: it is possible to adapt to it, but that's a rather high level of force to subject a human skeleton to!

The locations you've added are interesting, but I'd ask that you submit some of them to the Codex as separate entries, if you're going to use them more than as an off-the-cuff reference. The Palace, in particular, with the Force User Academy and defenses attached, would make a worthy addition, and it'd be useful to have that broken down.

I'm a little concerned about the 'Culture' section. Adults have only two options: work in the Foundry, or report to the Palace. A planet as large as that (it being over 4 times as large as Earth!), and with a (reasonable) population of Ten Billion - well, could *you* fit a billion people into a Palace? Or 9 billion into a single construction facility? That part needs an honest rethink.

Also, since you noted that the planet was remarkable historically for the "Force abilities the people possessed", would you mind ball-parking the number of Force Users on the planet? A percentage is fine. I would also note that Palpatine probably wouldn't have tolerated such: every person on that world possessing sensitivity would be a threat, so while subjugation would be logical, so too would extermination. I doubt he'd have simply left them to it: the population of Dathomir was entirely planet-bound at Palpatine's orders for the same reason!

I honestly doubt the notion that the Narrikians would 'not fight the Empire' in return for political independence, given that they lack the ships and technology to do battle with the Empire: a single Imperial Star Destroyer could burn that planet to ashes, given their lack of ground-to-space or space-to-space weapons technology (you mentioned they have only one ship!). This honestly wouldn't happen: and the Empire did not make deals with beings they had no reason to be scared of!

Other than that, it mostly looks good. I'm a little dubious regarding the high concentration of lightsaber crystals, but I think we can let that go. If you could make a few edits and let me know when you're done, we'll go from there. Many thanks!

[member="Tirdarius"]

Edits you wish have been completed. Cut it down to one sun as well. Eighteen percent of the population is capable of the Force in a meaningful way, such as that of Jedi/Sith/similar.

I've cut the days of the year down to Six Hundred and Fifty Five.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Those edits improve the submission considerably.

My only thought: if the Emperor commanded his people to start learning ship construction several centuries ago, why only one ship? Surely they would have shipyard facilities, and a far larger collection of ships than that, even if only of the smaller variety?

[member="Tirdarius"]

I imagine the Gulag Plague would have disincentivized them from going out into space, for worry about spreading it to others. So that could have been one of the reasons that they only did their best to keep the ship they rebuilt from the Wreckage operational. If need be, I'll add in more ships although that cheapens my future plans for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom