Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mystic Signs

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Not that I know of."

Kahlil flashed a grin as Valery stepped over, leaned up for a kiss. he didn't hesitate to return it before taking her hand in his to pull her along.

"Alright. Surprise me, then."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

After the kiss broke, Valery opened her eyes and looked at him with that bright, loving smile. She had totally succesfully stolen a kiss while he held her in his arms, so she was looking a tad smug as well. Even though she hardly needed to steal them - it was just her silly little bit of fun. Kahlil then set her back down and took her hand.

For just a second or two, she stood still and enjoyed the moment. They had figured something new out together and life was good. These were the moments she needed to cherish even more than she already did.

"I think it fits well with all the mystery of these runes," she told him as they headed back to the Bastion together and moved up the ramp. "Ever heard about the stone circles of Lothal? They are these rock formations all over the planet and there are some really exciting theories about them." Valery seemed to get more excited as she went on.

Her eyes had that almost dangerous sparkle of adventure.

"Now the fun part... recently they found one with a tunnel going underground! Nobody has really explored it yet but..." She grinned from ear to ear. "We are going to. Maybe learn even more about the planet." She squeezed his hand and began pulling him along into the cockpit.

"It'll be fun~"

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery seemed all focused for a moment, while she worked on getting the ship set up for a trip he hadn't even yet agreed to go on. But when he leaned over and kissed her cheek, she stopped and those fiery eyes brieftly softened while she smiled. That spark of excitement like she was still that overeager Padawan deep down lived on, but she could really appreciate these little things, and showed it.

"Yeah...I figured it'd also just be a bit of fun." She chuckled and the Bastion began to rise, before it cruised across the planet's surface. Along the way, they passed several large stone circles, but Valery seemed to know that none of them were what she was looking for.

"Is it bad that I uh...really don't want to leave for that mission? I will amd don't get me wrong, I know it's important but..." She sighed. "I just was hoping to spend a lot more time at home."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't want you to go either. I don't want us to ever leave out little ones or be apart. It's.. Just not what I like. But it's what we do. We're Jedi, after all."

He smiled, just a little, as he reached out to take her hand in his again and squeeze.

"How about when you're done, we take a vacation. All of us. Sound fun?"

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I know," Valery said with a softer, almost sad kind of smile. She really didn't like leaving behind her family, but she started one knowing that it would have to haplen while she was still serving as a Jedi. They would always try hard to be there as much as they could, but there were times when they had no real choice.

Kahlil then reached out to swueeze her hand once more, which pulled her out of her thoughts. There was a much warmer smile this time.

"That sounds perfect. Our first vacation as a family of six." She chuckled at the idea. "I can look into some options but...most likely just somewhere beautiful and relaxing." She squeezed his hand back and looked out the viewscreen as a larger circle of rocks appeared in the distance.

"Right now though, we have an adventure waiting for the two of us. You ever gone cave exploring before?" She grinned and stood up as the Bastion began its automated landing nearby.

"Just really be careful not to force yourself through openings that look too narrow. It would be unfortunate if I had to break you out." The teasing would never end.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No beach, though. We've got enough kids."

He snickered, flashing a teasing grin, before he just burst out into a full on laugh.

"You realize my whole childhood was exploring Sith ruins and setting up labs in uninhabitable locations. A cave is easy." He reached up, patting her head as he stepped past. "Let's go."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"As much as I think the kids would love to play at a beach, I agree. I-" she stopped and snorted when he explained his reason for it. She then rolled her eyes and flicked her hair over her shoulder a little. "I don't need a beach for that, but you're right...something different for once would be fun too."

Her grin then widened because the joke was still too funny. But what he said next got her eyes to narrow a little at him.

"Easy, huh? We'll see about that." She shot him a fun, challenging look as he patted her head, but followed after him to step outside. The stone circle they were visiting was huge, ancient and a strange feeling lingered around it in the Force. The pillars of rock all had old markings on them, left undisturbed for a very long time.

"These kinda look like the squiggles you make when you do your runes." She smirked and waggled her fingers and hands to tease him, but she wasn't reslly wrong. They looked similar to the ancient ruins from their journey so far on Lothal, but without a Force signature of sorts. As if normal people had just drawn them.

"Any of it look familiar to you? There might be more in the cave, too."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Familiar? Ish. There's variations on them that aren't part of the core runes. It's like language. They probably could do what someone intended them to do. Runes are.. Half belief, half science. Most runes, they don't need to be drawn exact or mimicked. They give focus. Guide the subconscious to create the desired effect. Technically you could do all of these without runes if you wanted. Like your pyrokinesis. My runes just make it easier for me to focus on other things at the same time."

He shrugged a little, glancing over the various runes once they were within. Idly tracing them with a finger.

"They're useful. Especially for people who can't use the Force as freely as you or I. May be why Jasper was able to pick up on it, yeah."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That's...quite fascinating," Valery chuckled and glanced over her shoulder at Kahlil, who was tracing his finger along the runes. She had seen him use them so many times, but still there was so much she could learn about them from him. "For someone who can't use the Force as freely, are the risks the same? Or isn't it too dangerous with exception of more powerful runes?"

"What is the worst that could happen to someone?"

She knew he took a careful approach with teaching Capris, but that wasn't too odd. Even with regular Force abilities, Jedi weren't just going to try and teach new students the most dangerous and complex things.

"This is where the cave starts. A bit narrow, but nothing crazy. After this point, we'll be on a steady decline into the tunnel and cave system." Valery stepped forward, and despite her more shapely frame, squirmed herself right through the crack inside the wall.

But even before he joined her side again, she softly hummed and narrowed her gaze into the darkness.

"There is something or someone down there."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's based off the Sith Runes. And Dathomiric magic. All based in the Dark Side. It's dangerous, especially since it makes it easy. An easy use of the Force is something someone could take for granted or even take advantage of. Ease is an easy path to the Dark they come from. I worry about Capris, honestly. Giving her a cheat sheet might not have been a good idea." He frowned a little in thought before closing his eyes.

Then opened them and blinked.

"Something moved? I guess there could be something that lives down there. Anything dangerous?"

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I see..." Valery frowned for a moment, but looked up at him when he mentioned Capris. It was her turn now to reach out and squeeze his shoulder, "I know I'm not always good with this myself, but shielding our Padawans from everything we consider risky or dangerous will only become a problem for them later, when they might not have a choice to avoid it." She smiled softly.

"I think the careful approach you took with her is fine, because it prepares her, but if she struggles, you can help her, hm? I will also be there for her."

Her eyes then shifted back down the cave and she began to walk forward a little. "Lothal has a lot of interesting wildlife, so it could be a more dangerous creature. But it just feels a bit...dark." she looked at him again.

"Any chance the runes could have something to do with it? Like...if something went wrong with them."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There's a difference between shielding them from common trouble and giving them a path to a power they weren't ready to have and the addiction of the Dark that might come with it. There's a reason there are some things limited for Jedi to learn. Not because we don't think people shouldn't learn them, but because they're dangerous. I think these runes are that kind of danger that should be limited."

Certainly limited from just anyone learning it.

"Like I said, the runes I adapted were from the Sith. They're ultimately just like anything else with the Force. Light, Dark, almost everything can be used for both."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I agree that runes shouldn't be learned by just anybody, and that the extent of their use is limited as well for Jedi. But I'm sure you had a reason for teaching Capris about it, right? Something that made you trust her with it." She paused and frowned at the thought that it could have been a mistake. He tended to be so careful with these things.

"Or do you now believe it's too much for Padawans?" She genuinely wanted to know because it could mean she'd have to help keep a close eye on it.

"I know you wanted to keep them away from some types of missions too, with the war over and all," she then said. "It's
...I find it tricky. Maybe us being able to guide them with it will help them the most, but at the same time, they are so young too." She stopped now, giving up on moving deeper into the cave so they could finish this conversation properly.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Using emotion with those runes is a quick way to influence the subconscious to use the Dark. Padawan's are still learning how to control their emotions. They need time and space to grow, carefully. I'm still of the mindset there shouldn't have been any Padawan's in the war. I know they chose it, Capris and Rhemti chose to go to Exegol. Everyone did. But.. Some died. Calix died there. He didn't even have a Master, and he died."

He frowned. A real frown as he rubbed at his chin in thought. He didn't bother hiding his expressions. Not here.

"They are our future. And they need to be protected."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

At the mention of Calix, and the whole idea of Padawans losing their lives as a Jedi, Valery glanced down at the ground, "I know what it's like to lose a Padawan," Valery said with a deep frown. It wasn't something she talked about often, but not all of her Padawans had made it to knighthood. "So I understand we need to protect them, but to what extent?" she asked, and it wasn't a dig at his view on it.

This was a topic she struggled with too.

"I know that I grew up in war as well, and I was thrown into it all very young. The Jedi who started their training during the Maw war also went through something like it, but now it could be different. They won't be exposed to war, but there are still so many other dangers out there. You met Capris dealing with Sithspawn in the lower levels, and took her back down there to capture one. I brought Colette with me into the New Cov jungles, and we encountered incredibly dangerous predators that I taught her how to calm down. Was that wrong too?" She brought up her hands to rub her eyes.

"I always thought experience, training, age, and maturity were determining factors. But now I just worry that I haven't made the right decisions either."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yeah. I was with Capris. You were with Colette. Calix died alone. We can't have Padawan's in battlefields alone. We need to be there with them."

Kahlil let out a sigh before stepping over to pull Valery into a simple hug. Gentle, but warm.

"War doesn't lead to easy choices. But we need to keep moving forward. Learning more, from our mistakes and our triumphs. That's what it means to be Master, right?"

d4m02xn-872e2997-005b-43eb-8ce8-a67eb25af24a.jpg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery's head gently rested against his chest when he stepped over to pull her into a hug. Her arms settled around his waist, and she listened quietly to what he had to say. "You're right. I just don't want it to be too much for them even when we're with them as well." But as he said, that was a difficult choice to make, and one that was likely going to lead to mistakes made. They just had to learn, they had to understand their Padawans and improve their decision making one step at a time.

"Hopefully, this time of 'peace' will last long enough for this generation to grow up without the same issues as the last one." She smiled a little again and pulled back from the hug.

"Let's go take a look in this cave now, hm?" She smirked. "Before we just sit here and talk for hours."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"For as long as we can let them, at least. We already know the Sith are coming." They faced them already. On multiple occasions. They weren't defeated and they weren't gone. Just.. Biding their time.

"But.. You're right. Let's get to the cave diving. Especially if there's something here, you're right. Can't talk all day."

d4m02xn-872e2997-005b-43eb-8ce8-a67eb25af24a.jpg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It's why I didn't want to sit still and actively engage them with you. A part of me hopes that our efforts can keep them away for longer, so the Padawans don't have to go back into war times before they're ready." Not that anybody was really ever ready for what war was truly like. The conflict with the Maw and the Empire had been hard even on the two Jedi Masters. From losing their home on Empress Teta, to near-death experiences.

Valery then smirked when it was time to head back into the caves, and grabbed her lightsaber to activate it. The violet light was bright enough to see ahead a little, offering them a bit of security. "Sadly you don't have my beautiful Keshian eyes, so we'll light our path the old Jedi fashion way, huh?" She then gently smacked him on the rear, smug as ever, and began to walk deeper into the tunnel.

The further they went, the less light there was for the two Jedi, and the temperature was dropping fairly quickly too. It caused Valery to grumble just a little, but she kept moving.

Until she heard a noise — the sound of rapid footsteps approaching them. Something was closing in fast, and she immediately stood ready to defend herself... until the creature became visible. "Awwe, isn't it cute?" Valery asked but the beast began to show its teeth.

Kahlil, however, would perhaps notice something else as well. The patterns they had seen on the wall were all over its hide as well, marking it in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom