Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mystic Signs

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just, information overload I guess. I can see.. All of it. Everything. So it's just.. Everything."

The runes around him faded back to the dull glow they originally had as he flashed her a brief smile. Then turned back to the controls to get them back on track to the right destination. It shouldn't be too long for them to get there, not with how fast the Bastion actually was.

"Guess that's why I can turn it off, huh?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Alright, just take it easy okay?" Valery asked while she got seated herself. Even though he said he was fine, she was clearly keeping her eyes on him. Through their bond, she could feel what was happening, but she didn't understand it the way he did, and the unknown could be scary when it came to the well-being of people she cares about.

"Yeah, I just hope it's not too difficult to turn it off. I can imagine it being dangerous otherwise. If you were driving or flying a ship and it overwhelms you..." She sighed and turned her gaze forward.

"All of this is making me want to learn more about runes myself. Even if just a little, so I understand you better." And so she could help, but he likely already knew that she felt about it that way. "For now, let's go figure out this new thing, though." She smirked again with that excitement in her eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not too hard to explain. They're just.. Coding. Like for a droid. They tell the Force how to move. Sith use it to make the Force move, usually. My own are all about guiding the Force and helping to make your intentions happen. These ones are more.. Complex, despite them being so simple. Instead of being like a code I could use to guide the Force, it's like they're just.. Parts of the Force. A natural part. If that makes sense? These might not be as easy to explain."

He chuckled a little, though the chuckle faded as they neared their destination. All at once his expression hardened. Where life all around Lothal was bright, this place was the opposite. Dark, desolate. Empty.

There was no life at all. But it wasn't like the Dark Side or corruption. Just.. Empty.

".. Well, that's grim, to say the least."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"That's not too different from how I've always viewed the way Jedi and Sith use the Force," Valery said with a warm smile, now that he helped her understand it better. "Maybe these new runes are like the operating system or fundamental code of this 'droid', then," Valery pitched in a way to connect the explanation to his earlier metaphor. His runes have always been like bits of code he can write to guide the Force in the world around him.

These ancient runes exist as part of the Force itself. A fundamental part of the program.

The two then reached their destination, and now it was Valery's turn to reach for her temples. She groaned and shook her head in an attempt to clear her mind, "A place without life feels weaker in the Force. Like a void and it makes me feel dizzy." She looked at him and sighed softly.

"I have a feeling this is going to be difficult. Let's land and take a careful approach?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Maybe. Feels weird to call the Force an operating system, though."

He teased a little, bumping her shoulder as the ship landed just outside the seeming dead zone. He paused for a moment, just staring out before glancing towards her with a brow raised. Then reached out to take her hand in his. Squeeze gently.

"The Force is in all things. Life or not. It's not a void, just.. Different, I suppose would be the only word for it. Just don't go passing out on me, mm?"

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Hey, you started this by comparing it to droid coding," she huffed and bumped right back with the same playfulness. She loved this kind of teasing between them, but her expression did grow more serious when they landed. Valery's fiery gaze stared out into the dead zone, and she tried to push herself through the discomfort.

What helped the most, was Kahlil reaching to take her hand.

"It's cute how you always hold my hand," Valery teased but she didn't let go of his hand this time — she loved it just as much and held onto it while they got up and walked towards the lowered ramp. "I don't think I'll pass out but I don't know... my connection to the Force has always been stronger around life. I know it flows through everything, but..." she frowned. "Maybe I'm just more sensitive to the vibrance it has in life."

"If that makes sense?"
She squeezed his hand this time, and interlocked fingers before walking out into the world again.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I did, yeah. Doesn't mean I can't tease you about it."

He grinned teasingly, even as she seemed to take on a more serious expression. Kahlil squeezed her hand, even as she teased him about it. "I'll always hold your hand." He squeezed. Gently. There was never a time he wouldn't if he thought he could get away with it. Even here. He stepped with her, nodding slowly as he listened. It made sense. New Cov alone was filled with life, so why wouldn't she be more attuned to it?

But death was just as much a part of life.

"It does. Just lean on me if it's too much."

They didn't have to step far for the effect to arise again. The fading of their surroundings, leaving only the desolate landscape there for them to observe. But where the last vision had been hiding, the blue spirit this time was sitting before them. Their body was elongated, inhuman. Alien for certain, yet still in the same shape as the last. Human, yet not. Kahlil's brow knitted together for a moment as the rune from before flashed under his shirt.

<You've already learned to see. That makes this part easier. The rune is here. You already know where.>

Kahlil did. It was written in the air around them, all over the place. Every piece of lifeless dirt, every part of the still air. Kahlil reached towards it, pulled on it. And at once he felt it. Death was just as much part of life.

The rune flashed, just above the other on his spine. Then, panic. Overwhelming panic echoed through the bond he shared with Valery. He was unmoving, unflinching, but all that could be felt was panic.

"Fascinating."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I know, I know... you love to tease me. As long as you know it comes at a price~" she teased back with a smirk. He had already paid the price earlier on the Bastion, but she was keeping a mental tally of all the teasing. Which... she added to quickly when she commented on him holding hands so much. "Good, I like it when you do it. Makes me feel... loved." Valery chuckled and squeezed back.

It was one of her two most favorite little gestures, together with him telling her I love you.

Then, the Jedi couple made its way out and for just a few seconds, Valery leaned into him a little. Somehow, being outside was even more difficult than being on the ship, but she was slowly adjusting. "Thanks love, this just reminds me of a planet I visited a long time ago. That one was even worse, but..." She shook her head and decided to focus on what was more important now.

Almost instantly, the world around them shifted but Valery wasn't shocked or surprised by it this time. She remained calm, focused on her breathing, and watched the figure that appeared. Different, yet the same in some ways from the first they met. She met him with a smile, then turned to Kahlil.

There was an understanding of sorts between them.

"There is no death, there is the Force..." Valery muttered softly, while she watched Kahlil pull the rune inwards, and had it join the others in the sequence.

But then, panic flashed through their bond, and while Kahlil remained unmoving, Valery stepped closer and squeezed his hand much harder than before. It wasn't a loving gesture, but one that sparked whenever she was genuinely worried. "It's... I can barely focus like this." She rubbed her temples, as the death of this place and the panic became overwhelming.

"What's happening?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

The panic wasn't from the Force, or even their bond. It was from Kahlil himself.

He didn't squeeze her hand in return. It just stayed there, limp in her grasp as he raised his other hand. The rune flared before his gaze shifted to the hologram like figure before them.

<As all things start, so too must they end.>

Kahlil just gave a nod before the rune's power finally flowed from him. The area around them, the dead zone where life didn't seem to grow, expanded. Little by little, inch by inch. He closed his eyes, let himself focus on expanding the effort while deep down a part of him panicked and struggled. Life must end.

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery didn't like this at all, and tightened her grip on his hand. She could tell what he was tasked to do now - all life came to an end, and now it was happening to this planet as he tapped into the rune. They were an integral part of the Force itself, so she understood why death was a part of that as well.

So she also understood why he panicked.

"You're not alone, love." Valery closed her eyes and through their bond, she allowed her strength, her presence to flow into him. So many times had he calmed her down and helped her focus. But they were a couple, a pair in the Force and in life. She would always be a pillar of support to him as well.

"Let me help you guide it."

Kahlil_Div2.png

An emotionless smile was all Kahlil had to offer Valery as he turned to her. And with it, the panic through their bond rose to an insurmountable degree. It didn't match his expression, his mannerisms. Gold crept into his silver eyes as he pulled further on the Force.

"Good. All of Lothal must return to the Force."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Oh no.

All at once, Valery began to panic as well. There was no way these runes, so closely tied to the Force, required the entire planet to return to it. There was too much life and beauty to it, so why would it need to die?

"Kahlil listen to me," Valery said as she turned to him and reached for both his hands. She squeezed, looked into his eyes and tried to find her husband within them. His smiled for her were never cold snd emotionless.

But what could she do? She was no expert with runes.

Closing her eyes, Valery focused on their bond and tried to shift her focus through his being. To the runes he was allowing to flow outwards. Maybe she could pull on them as well and stop the panic.

"Please love, I need you."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Around them the zone expanded. It wasn't gradual as it started. The moment Valery reached out to help, the zone doubled in size. And only continued to grow. Kahlil tilted his head to the side, but said nothing. This planet would return to the Force. Then the next. And the next. The Galaxy, the universe. Everything could be at peace in the Force. It wasn't his thoughts that Valery felt as she reached, but the rune. The natural state of the rune itself.

Serenity at it's most dangerous extent. Apathy. It washed over Valery as she tugged on their bond, tugged on the rune. The glow on Kahlil's spine remained, but now she could feel that apathetic warmth on her own back. Bright, inviting. Warm despite how cold it truly felt. And with it, knowledge. All at once understanding would flood her mind. This rune's power was simple. Return life to the Force. Return corruption to the Force. Return anything and everything back to the embrace of the Force.

It'd be beautiful if not for the cold apathy it brought when activated.

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

When the zone doubled in size, Valery felt herself losing some of her strength again. Life was fading in her surroundings, and with it came that overwhelming dread that brought her back to that cold void she had visited so many years ago. But as she went deeper, and pulled on the rune that seemed to speak to her through her husband, Valery finally felt it too.

A bright glow expanded from her own body, and that strange, warm cold embraced her as well. A shaky breath left her lips as a result, and rather than allowing this rune to return more of Lothal to the Force, she sought to interrupt and stop it. Perhaps it would be impossible to undo what had happened, but this rune's power should only be turned against something worthy of it.

Controlled use was necessary to her.

<We must stop.> She told him, her tone suddenly a tad cold as well, likely influenced by the rune. <I understand now, and we can control this.> She squeezed his hand one more time, and did whatever she could to make the runes dim in intensity for them both.

There would be a time when all of this returned to the Force, but it was not this day.

Kahlil_Div2.png

<We can.>

For the briefest moment, Kahlil squeezed her hand in turn. A break from the all consuming apathy, their connection. Warmth returned to his smile as he closed his eyes and focused. Part of his own runes had been changed from the Sith. Flipped on their head, turned to something good where only something evil resided. In their bond, his intention was clear. If Sith runes could have a mirror, couldn't this?

It sparked. Literally sparked. A flame burned between them that was neither hot nor cold. Just.. Warmth. The rune on her back changed. The one on his spine represented returning to the Force. Death.

The one on hers now represented Life. And with it, understanding. Death was not meant to be the end, but a path for Life to flourish. Life had to end, but it also had to begin.

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

A flame burned between them.

Valery had felt him squeeze her hand, and felt the warmth returning to his smile. So through his guidance, the rune that she had pulled into herself began to change. Like the Sith runes of his past, he mirrored the one within his wife, and so another pairing manifested itself between them.

Husband and wife, two parts of a Force Dyad, and now life and death through these runes.

<This is...something else.> Valery smiled and what land she had helped return to the Force now began to flourish again, as grass and plants started to form where she had caused them to die Birds chirped their songs around them, and one gently settled on her arm, while she still held onto her husband's hands.

"Isn't this beautiful?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Relief flowed through the bond as death was met instead with life. Apathy with true serenity. Kahlil just chuckled as he squeezed her hands more firmly. The pair of runes died down as life returned around them. He just let out a breath after a moment. A truly exhausted breath at that.

"It is. But also terrifying."

<Yes. Life, Death, they're both parts of the Force. They are not parts to tap into lightly.>

Kahlil glanced to the glowing figure, brow raised.

"And that was the lesson?"

<Of course. Lothal was never in any danger. But if you could not find a return to life, you would return to the Force yourself.>

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery's breath was less exhaustion and mostly relief when the world changed back, and Kahlil seemed to be himself again. The squeezing of her hands confirmed that to her more than anything, so she didn't let go either. She had to be sure that everything was okay, and she only knew that for sure when the figure appeares again.

All of this was a lesson.

Valery briefly frowned and turned to Kahlil with a faint smile. <Well, glad we figured it out then, huh? Of course, I totally just saved your butt there but still.> she teased a little as relief of tension for them both. Or at least, she hoped it would be.

"Your part of these runes does scare me a lot. Maybe because it's more obvious in how dangerous it could be but...we have to be very careful with this." She squeezed his hands again and looked up into those silver eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It was like booting up a program versus making my own code. .. It is dangerous. Very dangerous."

<More than you know. All things need balance. Remember that life must go hand in hand with death.>

Then the figure seemed to fade. Around them reality returned to where it had been, just the two of them in the now life filled field of grass. Kahlil chuckled before just lifting Valery up in his arms to squeeze her gently.

"I'm glad you were here."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Balance..." Valery echoed with a small dip of her head. The Jedi often talked about it in different contexts, so she supposed that life and death would not be an exception to it. It was just...not as easy to think about, and the responsibility that came with being even remotely in control of it was a huge topic for Force Users.

Sith were known to twist life and unnaturally try to extend their own, but the Jedi were far more careful with it.

With their lesson learned, Valery watched the figure disappear and turned to Kahlil, who suddenly stepped closer and lifted her up. She chuckled, locked her legs around his waist and brought her arms around his neck to hold him close. "I'm glad I came along too." She leaned in, closed her eyes and pulled him into a longer kiss.

"Hmm, unless we have more runes to explore here on Lothal, I do know some other things I always wanted to visit. Maybe it's my turn to...surprise you." As if to make her point clear, she leaned in again for another kiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom