Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mystic Signs

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was still weird.

Kahlil lifted a hand, idly moving it in front of his face. Watched it. With both eyes. He hadn't expected to get his eye back after everything that happened in the Wellspring, but now he had his eye back. It looked the same. Felt the same. And yet, he still couldn't help but stare at the the soft glow around his palm. A rune, but not like the ones he often formed in his palm on his own. And certainly not of the style. The runes he'd only recently found and utilized, but not one he recognized.

And not one he was sure he could even use. It was there, not just visibly. He could feel it in the Force, but he still had no way of knowing how to activate it. The power those runes had given him let him almost defeat his father. Almost. Carnifex was gone, but he knew that one day, he'd return. And there were plenty of other threats to handle anyway.

He'd have to figure these things out. He let out a sigh, turning his gaze back to the blue glow of hyperspace. Vera was home and safe. The threat to her was over. But he needed to be stronger if he wanted to stop anyone else from threatening them.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Everything okay?" Valery asked with a soft smile after she watched him staring at his hand, before looking back through the viewscreen. Through their bond, she had a good idea as to what was going through his mind, but she didn't want to assume anything. This was an important journey for both of them, so to talk about it and figure things out was important. They had to be ready now that Carnifex had changed, and after they had not been able to keep Vera from being captured.

This would be one step in a better direction.

She was only bothered that she'd have to leave soon for a diplomatic mission — several days away from home, so it made it difficult to plan a lot more training. But this... she wouldn't miss for anything.

"You've been very quiet," she added, a faint smirk pulling on the corners of her lips. "Not worried about this, are you?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

He glanced, briefly, to his wife. Raised a brow. Then just chuckled and shook his head before reaching an arm up to wrap around her shoulder and pull her close. "I'm fine. Better than fine, with you here. Just thinking about what happened, what's going to happen. .. I think I need to find more on these runes. Learn more about this power I found. .. What do you think? Want to come along, maybe scan through some ruins?"

A grin formed this time as he squeezed her side.

"I think it'd be fun."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery's smile brightened immensely when he wrapped an arm around her shoulders to pull her close. She rested the side of her head against his shoulder, and even blushed a little, as he expressed how he felt with her here. "I'm glad to hear it, love," she said with a chuckle before she looked up, into his silver eyes. She had almost gotten used to one of them being dimmed, but seeing them both shine at her like this again made her heart beat just a bit faster.

"I think that sounds like a great idea, and I'd love to join you-"

"Hey!" she squealed, as she suddenly shifted around more wildly when he squeezed her side. "You know I'm ticklish..." she smirked and bumped her waist into him a little.

"I think it should be fun, too. Finally some learning and a journey without all that pressure on us, huh?" That was honestly one of the better parts about it. The kids were safe, and they had something interesting to focus on.

"It'll be funny to see you nerd out over your runes as well~" she then teased with an eyebrow waggle.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ticklish huh?

A coy grin spread on his face as he squeezed her side again, this time to actually tickle her. She couldn't expect him not to, not after giving him that ammunition. He rolled his eyes, though. Nerding out over runes? Yeah, he still did that. A lot, actually. Way more than he'd ever admit, but she likely knew already.

"There's always pressure. But.. Not as much, but it's still there. Don't think it's all gonna be a vacation, mm?" He teased, just a bit, before glancing towards the faint rune in his palm.

"Just.. Don't know where to go yet."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

She shouldn't have told him.

Valery was squealing, squirming, and trying to free herself of his grip until he at least eased off on the tickling. Her face was a deeper shade of red now, but she was all smiles and shifted to shit on his lap with one leg on each side of his. She faced him directly and put her arms over his shoulders, and around his neck.

Just held him like that for a moment.

"I know it's not a vacation, and that what we do is important but... I'm just glad that there's no all-out war, and that our kids are safe at home. Makes it easier to also enjoy the learning, you know?" She looked him in the eyes and then glanced down at his hand, so she could reach for it. She let her thumb brush over his palm and let the Force flow freely between them.

"Let the Force guide you, Master Noble," she teased just a little. "I'm sure it can show us exactly where we need to be."

Kahlil_Div2.png

He just snickered a little as he watched her face turn deeper and deeper red. He was, as always, merciless when it came to teasing her. But, he did at least stop teasing her long enough to return the hug. Tightened his arms around her. Without her, without his family, so much of himself would've been lost. He knew that. He always knew that. His grip tightened for a moment before another chuckle did escape and he leaned back, let her go.

"It does, yeah. .. And- Yeah. That makes sense."

Kahlil chuckled once more, squeezing her hand. Then closed his eyes to let himself drift into the embrace of the Force. He took a breath, lifted his hand. The controls of the Bastion shifted and moved, coordinates coming up on their own. Punching in to turn the ship towards a different destination entirely.

Lothal.

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery went from squealing and squirming to relaxing in his grip, even as it tightened around her. The Wellspring had really shown just how much strength they gave each other, but simple moments like this reinforced that bond as well to her. Just being able to spend a moment in silence, hugging each other. When he pulled back after a moment, Valery watched him get ready to fly them where they needed to go, but she remained in his lap.

Not just because she liked being there or because she was teasing, but because she felt a tremor in the Force. A glimpse of where they were going, and the memories tied to that world.

Lothal.

"Last time..." she paused and smiled softly. Last time she was here, she had talked to him while he was trapped on the Wellspring. About moving forward in life. It felt strange to return, but she embraced the challenge with a smile. "We've got this together, right?" she asked before giving him just a quick peck. She then got off his lap and got seated, so she could strap herself in for their landing.

"Maybe I'll be able to learn something new as well. Not... that I can do much of anything with runes, but we'll see." She'd already be more than happy to watch him nerd out and help him with this journey.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Last time.."

Kahlil echoed her, but rather than seem to know what she was talking about, he raised a brow. He wasn't there on Lothal. He didn't see the world she was on. Only that he reached out when he could. When the priestesses allowed him to. It wasn't hard for him to piece it together though. He nodded after a second, his expression softening as he reached out to gently squeeze her hand. Then snickered. Really snickered.

"Oh, yeah. The Sword can't learn this kind of control over the Force. She can't be the best at everything, after all."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

There was a soft smile on her lips when he squeezed her hand and thereby reassured her that everything would be alright. She wasn't too worried, but it definitely helped to get it out of the way here. This was about learning something new, exploring and doing something together. Not about something difficult from the past. It was time to let that go.

But then he snickered.

"Heyyy," she snorted. "Maybe I could learn it but I have my own focus. And you know I don't mind you being better at things..." she smirked and leaned in closer to whisper into his ear.

"As long as you never forget whose burgers are the best." He could win the pancake duel, but she'd fight him until the bitter end over the best burger contest.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You know that's a fight you can't win, young Padawan."

He was all grins at this point, just watching her from his own seat as he settled comfortably. The trip wasn't going to be too much longer. But for now he could still tease her some. Especially if it got her cheeks red again.

"I am always the better cook."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery pouted playfully in response, "You just say that to make me blush." And it always worked, so she sat there with reddened cheeks all over again. "There are fights I can win though~" she grinned and waggled her eyebrows a little in his direction while she communicated what she meant through their bond. Maybe she'd have to keep him from having fun with her for a day or two too long.

Whilst teasing him constantly, of course.

"But fine, you can have your cooking. I do like what you make a lot..." She chuckled and was just smiling non-stop at this point.

It felt good to be happy.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I always make you blush, what do you mean?" He chuckled, which only turned louder as she did actually blush. Then further into a full laugh as a rather dangerous grin took over his features. He reached just one hand out, gently touching her cheek.

"Sure, delay. As long as you think you can, anyway."

Then he was looking back to the controls, casually watching the blue.

"We'll be there shortly."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

His comment combined with his laughter only deepened her rosy colored cheeks, but she wasn't all that embarrassed. She knew why he teased and that he liked seeing her smile or blush like this. If anything, she blushed because she felt cared for and loved.

But that grin made her eyes narrow a little, even as she leaned into his hand touching her cheek.

"That grin of your spells danger, but...we have a journey to focus on first~" she teased, just to start her little game. It probably wouldn't even last until the end of today, but she loved teasing back just a little.

"I'm ready," Valery then said as she looked ahead as well, but with a big dumb grin she couldn't hide. She was far too amused and happy.

"Are we landing near the old Temple? Or somewhere else?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh the grin is because I know you well enough to know you can't hold back, little miss raunchy novel extraordinaire." He cracked one last grin before he started to land the ship down. Not near the temple though. Somewhere else. He could feel the pull of the Force somewhere. Though, from his hand, not so much the usual pull of the Force. Interesting sensation to say the least. He pulled up his hand, glancing over the rune as it pulsed ever so lightly in his palm.

"Somewhere else, seems like. Interesting."

azgywTW.jpg

Bastion | Hyperspace
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery was awfully quiet all of a sudden.

She just looked out the window, her face bright red, and worked hard to not look his way. She could just feel his grin and knew she'd probably only give him more ammunition if she turned to him. "Not fair," she did squeak after a moment. "I don't read that much anymore..."

She couldn't hide the smirk that was forming on her face at all now. It's true that she used to read a loooot more before she met him, but occasionally she indulged in another raunchy novel for some inspiration.

"Extraordinaire..." she grumbled a little. "But fine. We'll see how long I last." The challenge was on now, even though her chances of victory were slim.

The ship then began to land as Kahlil focused, and somewhat to her surprise, it was not at the Temple. That really made this even more interesting. "The planet does have its mysteries beyond the Temple, so now I'm really curious." She stood up, stretched a little and wiggled a finger to make him rise from his seat as well. "Come on, let's take a look, hm?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yes. Lets."

Kahlil chuckled one last time before he stood up and moved to the ramp as it lowered. His eyes drifted, scanning over the fields of grass. It was always amazing to him how different, yet beautiful, Lothal was from the rest of the galaxy. Not that he looked long. He turned his gaze to the rune in his palm, watching as it pulsed. Turned to let it guide him. It was still foreign of a feeling, letting the rune pull him in a direction than not.

"I don't imagine this is going to lead to anything not dangerous, given how the tests with the Priestesses went. Stay close."

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It's almost hard not to see this as a vacation, huh?" Valery asked while she looked around the landscape. She very strongly preferred planets like this over busy worlds such as Coruscant or Denon. Here, she could breathe and just feel at ease, even if she knew they were on a journey with its own risks and dangers.

Dangers that Kahlil quickly recognized, after he looked down at his palm again. Valery couldn't see the rune the way he could, through his eyes, but she could feel something through their bond reaching out to him. Whatever they were going to find, she knew it would be something special, and perhaps something powerful.

Something that demanded a good sense of responsibility and self-control.

"I'll stay close, don't worry about me," she chuckled and began following him. "I may not have gone through all the challenges you have, but I'm taking this seriously. Promise." She offered a smile and turned her gaze to the horizon.

"Even though it's your journey, I still feel like I'm supposed to be here with you."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Well, that's just because you are suppose to be with me." Kahlil grinned a little, reaching out to squeeze her hand for a moment. He meant it, in so many different ways. His eyes traveled back to the rune in his palm though, his attention pulled as he felt.. Something. Then he blinked. Glanced back towards where they'd just come from. The Bastion was gone. There were no landmarks anywhere in sight. Just the idle pulse of the rune.

"I think it's started."

The grass shifted under the air, a wind that slowly picked up more and more by the second until the grass itself whipped around in a blur.

image_106bc26a.jpeg

Lothal
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Very smooth, but you're right," she said, knowing it meant several things. From being here with him as his wife to being here as part of the Dyad. She had never used runes before, but through the Force, they were one, and that meant journeys like this were best walked together. So she held his hand, squeezed, and felt the Force flowing through them both, connecting them to each other, but also to the world.

A world that shifted around them.

Valery blinked when she realized the Bastion was gone, and every other landmark seemed to have faded along with it. The air around them turned the grass into a whirlwind-like motion, so she decided to listen to what he said. She stayed close — quite literally, as she stepped up against his chest, and squinted to keep the wind from getting into her eyes.

"What's happening?" She asked a mix of curiosity and mild panic in her voice. "What are you feeling? What is the rune showing you?" she then added, her voice getting louder to get over the rushing winds.

But perhaps the real question she should ask is where they were going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom