Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heart Will Go On

It's been a good 6 months since the last time I asked for feedback, and I think enough time has passed for an evaluation on both my character [member="Darth Carnifex"] and myself as a writer.

Especially because so many new faces have joined the site.

So have at it, fam.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
[member="Darth Carnifex"]

The important thing is you're trying. Keep it up, champ.

giphy.gif

Carnifex is a terrible Sith. He can't do worse things than Jedi.

On a serious note: I wish I'd see you write another character someday. I really like Carnifex as a character who has clearly been established as who he via IC events. From a writer's perspective, you've really really done well to represent Carnifex through your writing. Through the way you write, you could clearly 'feel' the authority, confidence and power that the character is supposed to project. Moreover, what impresses me is that the villain archetype he represents is really really Star Wars-y. A lot of characters these days, including mine, perhaps due to influences from outside of Star Wars you could see that they do not COMPLETELY conform to the Star Wars 'atmosphere', at least that's what I think. On the other hand, good ol' Kaine was born in Star Wars, molded by it.

Back to what I said earlier - I am really curious to see you write NotKaine someday! As long as it isn't a Mando. Or I wonder if someday there will be a radical shift in Kaine's principles.

Also stop subbing mods.Ty.

I've written with you in multiple threads for a long time and each and every time its been fresh and the character remains edgy. Kudos to you for being able to maintain a character this long and keep things innovative and fresh each and every time. To many more stories to come I hope. :lol:

P.S Also you stole my main characters DNA and cloned her...completely savage :p

Having written with you somewhat recently, you're easy to work with and highly competent at what you do, which is play the Utter Bastard. It's good stuff. Great stuff, even. When people think Iconic Sith of Chaos, Kaine has to be near the top of the list.

That said, Zef had a point. Kaine seems sort of like an old pair of boots at this point. He's well worn in and no doubt comfortable as hell, but he's starting to smell a little musty and the tread's probably getting a little thin. Nothing a pair of Odor Eaters and a good resoling can't fix, mind, but maybe there's something to be said for getting out of your comfort zone. Not long ago, I was challenged to step way the hell outside of mine, and I can legitimately say that the experience helped me grow as a writer. I'm not saying you should toss your old boots, but maybe get a nice pair of Oxfords and try them out from time to time. Worst that can happen is you decide you hate them and you go back to the boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom