Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missions Board for The Jedi Order

Not everyone in the Galaxy knows where to look for help
Some don't have the courage to ask for it
But where there is light, there is Hope
The Jedi Order stands to serve all in the pursuit of peace and prosperity.
jediseparator.png
In light of a recent OOC thread where The Jedi Order put it out to Members what they'd like to see improved on, one of ours made the suggestion for a mission board that the Jedi Council might send out Knights with their Padawan to fulfill, as seen in the movies and across many of the Expanded Universe Novels. Taking this suggestion to heart, we (The Faction Admin) are exploring the prospect of opening this up to all factions either neutral or light-sided in alignments that our members might be able to interact with one another, factions might gain from these interactions with what these tasks/missions might involve.
These could range from a number of themes:
  • Diplomacy/Political intrigue.
  • ​Humanitarian Aid.
  • Rescue/Crisis intervention.
  • Aid in unique cases of law enforcement.
  • Etc...

So here I am putting the word out and looking to test the waters, questioning how many other factions and players across the Board would have need of Jedi to do what Jedi do best, Keep the peace in the Galaxy. Naturally there will be certain cases we may turn down (Military action, murder, bounty hunting etc).

"We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers".

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for Bounties, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let us protect our people, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

[member="Veiere Arenais"],

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
I am tooooooooooootaly in agreement with the no murder and bounty hunter rules, I would Neeeeeeever do something like that, Eeeeeeeeeever in my life..................................... (need something illegal done don't hesitate to message me).

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Xander Carrick"]

I see where you've 'Taken' that from :p

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

I hope to have some stuff for you guys after the Incursion event is over. Will keep you posted!

Teynara Jeralyr said:
Well, SJO aren't gonna do it unless it involves murdering rogues and Dark siders, or maybe splatting Sith Lords. They've got a reputation to uphold, after all!
Those damn whipper-snappers! Dem Dark Jedi being all edgy and Emo-like. Can never tell them apart I can!

Old+but+gold+so+old+a+few+users+on+this+_630150173f3c75326c1709736073fddb.png

Josh DragonsFlame said:
I dunno, we were just killing terrorists and helping refugees last week
Um.... I have done that before.... even as a Dark Jedi.

And to answer your question, Look really hard at your statement. "Killing Terrorists." Where as Jedi are supposed to be "Protect the Innocent" you go out and directly confront anyone who might harm someone before the event takes place.

That is what I would call a "Controlling S/o/boyfriend/girlfriend."

This is not a thread for Sarcasm/Flaming/Trolling of other factions.
People on Chaos are so difficult to work with sometimes...
Our fellow Jedi Factions have been offered a means of stronger cooperation in the link below.
When it felt like we were the only ones fighting for it we decided to move on but we would still be open to this.
For the rest of this thread I would ask that we keep on topic with the given request going out to other Government types.
(CIS, Collective, Iron Lords, FWC, CSA etc)

I'd like to say that I appreciate [member="Darren Torran"]'s concrete and productive contribution. Gives me some ideas, mostly in terms of who else ought to be brought on board with this. Depending on the outcome of a thread I'm just in, Rosario may end up with Sacred Lotus contacts who presumably have relevant operational capacities. Rosario herself and her Master [member="Zylah Dvale"] could also concevable help, and I gather that sort of thing is also up [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]'s alley.

So I think it's a concrete and useful suggestion worth taking seriously, though it'll take a bit of time and work to sort out how exactly to do it. We'll also have to come up with a possible location and possible conflicts that might give rise to. Maybe a separate thread in the TJO forums for everyone to get together and discuss options and decide who does what, if anything?

The darkness lays ever near the light.
[member="Rosario Perlyn"]
I agree. It will take a lot of work - this is why I've come to you guys. To be totally honest I've been putting this off for a while because I have a lack of ideas for a location and interesting premise that isn't exactly the same as every other refugee thread ever :p

[member="Veiere Arenais"]
Well, towards the end of the Invasion of Krayiss II, Darren - accompanied by some Antarian Rangers and some of his own personnel - evacuated as many people as he could fit on his cruiser - The Providence. I didn't specify a number at the time, though I figured it would be around 2,000 - the majority being pregnant women and children. This is where you come in.

I would appreciate any help you could provide with this. They are currently holed up on Voss in extremely densely populated apartments - and they're starting to lose faith that they'll ever leave.

[member="Darren Torran"] Not a Jedi but The Shrouded Republic would be willing to take some of the refugees and any other people that formerly belonged to the Dominion.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] perhaps our factions could do a collab of some sort.

[member="Darren Torran"]

The Jedi Order is currently based upon Deneba, the world though a desert planet does have an excess of room and few settlements known to the area. It may not be 5 Stars but with a bit of financial backing by some interested parties/connections, something could be organized there I'm sure.

Otherwise we're happy to help in however way we can. The Council of Deneba will either involve themselves, if not members of the Knight and Master Body of our Order to give their apprentices some much needed experience. It sounds like a good angle all round.

:D

The darkness lays ever near the light.
[Member="Kiso"] [Member="Veiere Arenais"]

I reckon that between TSR, TJO, the SJO and Torr Industries - we have more than enough backing to start up a luxury resort - never mind a simple settlement.

Let's do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom