Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor and Mand'alor vote stuff

So, as many of you know I put up a vote a while back in the discord to see about staying major or going minor. However, been told I should also put it in here to make it official. So, here we go.

Should we stay major or go minor? Please say "Major" or "Minor." Note, if it's minor, it will happen after the TSE invasion is over and judged.

Then the other thing for Mand'alor. I also put this in mandos only, but was told, again, that I should make it official. Heh

A: Have a thread and vote after TSE invasion, someone steps up in IC as the lead, IE would be the warmaster essentially of the battle.
B: OOC leader vote
C: Adenn takes the spot, so we don't worry about it and focus on other things.

Please comment below with your votes, thanks all!

I have yet sadly to fully participate in any invasion, as the Invasion of Mandalore will be my first with Taru. On that point, i hope that we stay Major and i would like for Adenn to take the spot of Mand'alor.

In summary:

Major & Adenn takes the spot.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Minor. From a realistic perspective you aren’t going to be able to maintain major factiondom for much longer - you have no allies and are being attacked by literally everywhere. Your best solution for survival is to dump territory and change over to minor before the constant wear on the faction from the invasions begins to drive people away.

Consider this my vote with the more active Sterling...

Minor, just to get everyone back into having fun writing the stories they want.

As for Mand'alor I personally think A would be significantly better in the long run as it would give both a story reason and significance to the appointment, though it would take a bit to set up I would imagine.

C would be a decent short term solution though, possibly as an interim until the full thing can be settled. Would make it so the FO and Mand'alor are the same person so, there's that easing of things in that regard. As a long term solution I would fear the same problems that gave way to the Yasha as Mand'alor spot would arise with appointing Adenn.

NOt that I don't think you could do it or don't deserve it, but it would be nice if it could be done in an organic way rather than anything OOC driven.

For the second option, I would suggest an alternative to the methods proposed.

D. Have an IC Blood Duel. Have the Faction vote for the winner of the duel OOC. Have the duel's victor declared based on the OOC vote.

The vote will begin after a majority of the duel thread has completed, but prior to it's completion.

This accomplishes:

1. Fairness in selection, anyone can volunteer for the Blood Duel.
2. Popularity driven. You want your leader to be popular.
3. IC driven. The entire premise of the OOC vote is based on an IC thread and it's actions/story.
4. The OOC vote can weed out undesirable selections, ie people who joined the faction just to become Mand'alor.
5. It provides a balanced mixture of the results. IC to satisfy immersion and the story culture of the Mando'ade. OOC to keep things fair and direct.

The negatives:

1. It can take time. I think the first time we did it took two-three weeks to select a Mand'alor. It's not a fast avenue, an interim leader would be desired.
2. It will allure people from outside the Faction to join in an effort to become Mand'alor. This will be an annoyance that has to be tolerated, and trust will need to be placed in the membership of the Mando'ade to help self-regulate and expose anyone who tries this method.
3. It will still have the "OOC stink" about it, but way less so than just an outright vote with a follow-up story. Placing the emphasis of the vote on an IC thread that takes place PRIOR to the vote, and is used as a means to judge candidates for the members, will keep appearances for the most part.

This is my suggestion.

Edit: To assuage opinions given recent involvement with the faction, I nor my character will be vying for the title of Mand'alor.

I'd be good with A or D.

Split as well on the Major/Minor issue if just for the fact I won't have the time nor energy to help with the invasions that are for sure coming if we stay major.

It seems like at this point we're just staying major as a point of pride. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. There should always be Mandalorians and I can understand how stepping down to minor might be a shot to the ego and seem like a submission, but are the constant invasions worth the stress and however many writers and characters we've lost to them?

I'm not sure on that point.

I advocated for the Mandalorians of old going minor and just focusing on personal roleplays and being a thorn in the side of whoever attempt to hold control over the planet in the map game. If you have good relations, you help them out in faction threads and act as a sub-faction. If you have bad relations... you have fun throwing riots and harassing them in faction threads and skirmishes until you get the chance to rebel.

The problem that popped up then, was that new writers popped up, saw that there wasn't a "Mandalorian" faction on the map, and immediately pushed to claim the world. Which evolved into an IC/OOC schism between many of the old Mando writers(myself, draco, John, and a handful of others included) and the new faction/writers.

So.

If you want to go minor.

Some other faction needs to hold Mandalore with a willingness to leave the planet alone.

Otherwise it just becomes an OOC meta-game of "who can rush to major faction first, and claim the world."

Ironically, Mandalore is more hotly contested on Chaos than Coruscant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom