Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Minokawa-Class Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minokawa-Class-Fighter-Top.png

jgMVcn.png
[

jgMKO1.png

jgMeix.png

jgM0L2.png

jgMf4s.png

jgM9FQ.png

• Missiles Missiles Everywhere: The Minokawa is able to pump out an incredible 8 missiles in a single salvo. While the exact number of missiles fired can be selected by the pilot, thanks to the detailed sensor data provided by the Minerva Sensors, and the tactical feedback of the Barca AI the Minokawa is able to maintain 8 targeting locks, allowing for multiple targets to be engaged at a single time.
  • Knockout Punch: Between the heavy laser cannons, the multitude of missiles, ion cannons and railguns the Minokawa class is extremely heavily armed, capable of unleashing a hail of firepower upon its enemies. Even freighters, frigates and other small capital ships need to be careful of the Minokawa’s punch.
  • Sensor Shimmer: The Breshig War Forge Consolidated 'Ga'yusr' Electronic Countermeasure Suite gives the Minokawa a massive advantage in duels, providing the fighter with an almost smoke like ability to muddle up sensors. While it remains visible, it is incredibly hard to lock onto, giving both missiles and other fighters a run for their money.
  • Turret: The tracked turret gives the fighter an almost 360 degree firing arc, no matter where your enemies are, the turret can move around the track set into the back of the fighter, rotating to engage them.
  • Pyronium Battery: In the place of a powerplant the Minokawa-class uses an industrial Pyronium battery, capable of powering the fighter for several weeks. The more intense the use, the faster the battery will be drained. The battery can either be charged, or replaced ot send the fighter back out with a faster turn-around from the hangar if needed.
  • Tractor Beams: The Minokawa-class comes equipped with 2 tractor beams which can be used to grasp hold of missiles or other fighters, slowing their motion to allow the Minokawa-class to engage them more easily.
  • Unleash the pack: A single Minokawa is a significant threat, a group is a disaster waiting to happen. The fighters are fitted with the hydra networking system, allowing them to share sensor data and targeting solutions. A Minokawa fighting as part of a flight is able to constantly receive data from the other fighters, making it almost impossible to sneak up on one.
  • Going this way and that: Fitted with Locke and Key’s new Huabing drive the Minokawa class is able to use the very force of gravity to propel itself. Furthermore, it is able to dance, using that gravity engine to shift itself around in space moving along multiple axis with the same speed as its normal forward motion. The Minokawa is equipped with an additional ion engine for use in deep space when needed. The ion engine is normally set to be used as an afterburner when in normal combat situations.
  • Variable Wings: The Minokawa’s wings can fold back to make the fighter more streamlined for travel in atmosphere, or to make it easier to park the ship.
  • Data Data all around: The Theiaglass canopy provides all the benefits of transparisteel, while also allowing data to be projected onto the surface, allowing the pilots to sit inside their own augmented reality display. All the information they need can be placed on the screen, allowing them a better understanding of the battlespace around them.

jgMk0N.png

• Powerful Sensors: The sensor shimmer that the fighters rely on to protect themselves from are capable of turning away the sensors of most missiles and fighters, but find themselves falling apart under the more powerful sensors of larger ships.
  • Tucked Away: When the ships wings are folded back they’re unable to access their primary weapons, the heavy laser cannons located on the wings of the ships.
  • Difficult to master the controls: While the Gravity Drive allows the ship to dance, it’s hard to fully master the maneuverability provided by this engine leaving this a ship only to be used by the best otherwise you risk spinning into the line of an attack not away from it.
  • Not quite there: While fast and manoeuvrable the Minokawa is no match for a true interceptor in terms of speed, relying on its superior firepower and defences to try to extricate it from engagements it can’t win.

jgMHyJ.png

Minokawa-Class-Fighter.png

Extract from a confession by pirate pilot Joel Storm on the test squadron of Minokawa fighters used to engage the group.

They came out of nowhere, like a swarm of demons that were determined to come for our lives, and there was nothing we could do about it.

We laughed about it at first, 8 little fighters jumping into the system to deal with us. We had a cruiser, we had 4 squadrons of fighters we could deploy to engage merchant and passenger ships. THe most successful pirates in the area.

We should have known something was suspicious when they drove straight in at us. I remember thinking how odd it was, they didn’t talk. We didn’t pick up any kind of radio chatter as they closed with us, no communication between them, let alone talking to us. I thought that was suspicious, but I didn’t really give it a second thought.

I thought they were scared, I mean, 48 headhunters coming at you was enough to quash most pilots, but they dove straight in. That’s when things got weird. We couldn’t keep out locks on them, missiles, targetting they all seemed to slide off them, there one minute gone the next, like ghosts. Then came their missiles, in one fell swoop they cut out numbers in half.

Then they were in the middle of us, and there were bolts and cannons flying everywhere, at angles I didn’t think possible. I got behind one of them, had him all lined up in my sights and then his turret swivelled around, put a shot right through my headhunter. THere was no way he should have been able to see me, but he did, and I had to eject.

It lasted about 10 minutes. From the first moment we got in range till the moment their missiles took down our cruiser, and then they were gone and we were left just drifting till you showed up to pick us up.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
John Locke John Locke

Alright boss shall we begin

Production: Limited
Armament: Very High
Defenses: High
Squadron Count: Low: 8
Manoeuvrability Rating: High
Speed Rating: Average
Running the numbers you are actually 1 over the limit for balance

Pyronium Battery
Pyronium Battery: In the place of a powerplant the Minokawa-class uses an industrial Pyronium battery, capable of powering the fighter for several weeks. The more intense the use, the faster the battery will be drained. The battery can either be charged, or replaced ot send the fighter back out with a faster turn-around from the hangar if needed.
An interesting idea in concept. Do you have a canon source for pyronium being a possible power source?

You have image credits for everything save your dividers and that will be needed.

All and all it looks good and aside from minor fixes or clarification will be ready to be approved. Just tag me when the edits are done

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Thank you for picking up the submission and catching the maths error.

1) The Ratings. I've now reduced defence to average which should balance the submission.

2) The Dividers. They were made by me, and I have noted that under image credits per your request.

3) The Pyronium Battery.

I'm not actually using the Pyronium as a power source, but rather as an element in an industrial battery which is used to provide power to the fighter. The Pyronium itself isn't the only element in this, however, the concept is sufficiently star wars, while grounded in real-world science to appear plausible.

I refer to the Zinc battery produced by E-Zinc which is a metal battery which uses zinc as a medium of power transfer (per this article). Pyronium has a much much higher energy potential than Zinc, I don't believe its full potential is ever stated in canon, which means that the potential energy storage of a metal battery based around Pyronium is considerably more.

The Zinc battery is currently being tested for its potential as a backup for businesses in the event of significant power-loss due to disasters or other events (per this release), but a pyronium battery with its significantly higher potential should, theoretically, be able to provide power to a fighter.

While the specifics of developing a battery like this are beyond me, it has an element of grounding in the real world, and also maintains fidelity with the idea of star wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom