Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the folks Sio! Happy Families from Hell [Siobhan]

"You have?" She asked, wondering what her mummy had told the girl about her. A thought that made her mildly nervous. Sure there had been plenty of good things to tell, but there were the moments like when she fought with her mother over training, and attempted to run away. Less than good moments, things she certainly wasn't proud of.

"Science, physics and math are always a safe bet for gifts that I'll love." She said with a soft smile forming on her lips. Her voice still soft, and low just above a whisper as she hadn't quite got over her shyness just yet. That would take time for her to open up to the new girl. It had taken her time to open up to Siobhan. Granted there was still a language barrier in place as Galina was still learning basic then and barely spoke but a few words. "As for study, I'm not too sure yet. I just like learning about everything I can get my hands on. And well ... Math, math is the same in every language. Was the easiest for me to pick up."

"Mum, saved me too. She's good at that. Saved me from island." Her smile faded away so quickly at the mention of that terrible arctic island that she'd been trapped on for eight long years after suffering through both her parent dying in the very crash that brought her to this planet.

"Stay with us? As family?" Her brow knitted together, a little uncertain on how she felt about that. She'd just barely met the girl and wasn't entirely sure how she'd fit into the family dynamic. But there was little room for her to complain. Not when the Kerrigan-Alcori family ha been so good to her.

Nervously she wrung her hands in her lap, as she bit at her own lip. "I guess it will be good to have sister." She said softly. Even if it meant her having to open up and come out of the shell she normally hid within around new people. And it also meant letting a new unknow person into her life, and having to learn to trust them too. All strange thoughts that made Galina a bit uncertain but she had little say in the matter. At least she felt that way.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Siobhan was helping both at the same time, it was a nervous moment, bouncing on her toes as she was, she only settled with familiar touch, bobbing her head, nethers had been a while ago. Hearing that Galina liked her gift opened her up into chatterbox mode, “got loads! Gotta have a look, Sio says I can have ‘nother cupboard and it’ll be rows of Fyors books, you’ll love them!” She hoped, maths science, physics, engineering principles that Nato had no hope of understanding but she loved them for the memory of the readers and more importantly Fyor.

Nato wanted to ask about island but didn’t because she saw how Galina felt. “She’s good at that, savin’ people,” Nato added, bright smile to Sio, bright smile which tensed her nose next because…

“Oh… um.” Nato was part empathic and she felt Galina’s discomfort, “um if it’s y’know okay.” Natoline fiddled with her clothing, feeling a sudden rush of oh no welling up, so she beamed a huge deflective smile, but you could almost feel her toes scrunch up. “You won’t notice me I promise, I’ll be like, the best sister,” whatever that meant, what did being a sister mean? Mupples she didn't want to blow this. ummm, well, yeah. “promise,” she said fidgeting but really meaning it. She was going to try really hard, and not get in people’s way, just like back home, if her toe curling was anything to go by, she could do better here, be a better sister so she didn't mess things up.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]​

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Siobhan smiled brightly. Family was very important to her these days, so she really wanted her girls to get on. Of course, she could not expect the transition to be easy or totally harmonious because things never worked out that way, but it was a good start from her perspective.

"I have two such lovely daughters," she said warmly and in what she thought was an encouraging tone. "I am sure you'll get on very well. Why don't we three go out into town? Shop a bit, buy some things for both of you." To her at least it seemed a good way for family bonding. "We can eat out at a fancy restaurant."

"Oh, that would be great." She said softly, finally starting to speak a little more normally and less soft. Slowly she was warming up to Nato. It of course was just taking time, with how shy Galina usually was. "I like books, knowledge and all. Just love it."

The Firemane nodded. Siobhan certainly was good at saving people. Her, Nato, and so many others.

"It's okay." She said, granted still a little uncertain about it. But, Siobhan had saved her and she'd have been nowhere without her mother now. There was no way she could deny another such help, such a family. Not at all. "Really, it is. Just shy, that's all."

At the offer of going into town, Galina smiled a bit, "I'd like that. Shopping would be nice." Though she hadn't entirely fallen for her mother's fashionista style yet. It was bound to happen eventually.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“I can do that!” Natoline said over-enthusiastically, realising she'd blurted out like usual. She had a new mission, book collecting! Nato’s enthusiasm might even have the opposite effect, because Galina might wake up tomorrow to find a stack of books outside her door, neatly stacked of course for Sio’s sake.

Encouraged by Sio, her bobbing on her feet settled, “Yep kinda am too.” Nervous, Natoline said, she was tense from her toes to her fingers. Very much the kind of person that would find her back or neck aching from worry if she held it, her and Kei both suffered from that, Fyor was never tense, so lucky!

Nato had spent her time peeking through a lot of shops nearby, but skittishly not spending too long in any, she just liked to look. Parents always bought her so much, it was kinda new to be going with family, well very new. “Maybe we can find you somethin’ for university?” Her friends used to be always talking about what they missed when they were away from home, little things and big things.

“What food do you both like?” Nato realised she didn’t know what Sio liked or Galina, and wait.... was this a tricky way to get her to break her diet! She would finger waggle to say she knew what her mum was up to, but she just smirkled instead, giving Sio a heeeeyy look.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

In Siobhan's opinion Nato really needed to break her diet and get more meat on her ribs, for the girl was far too thin. Far as she was concerned far too many girls were obsessed with being thin as a rail because movies and Holowood fostered exactly the wrong self-image in them, rather than celebrating health, womanly curves and the glory of the divine female.

"I'm flexible. Good steak and some potatoes might be nice. Or Maccaroni cheese. I know a classy restaurant in town with a big menu. We'll have a good time in Ashira's Mall. Anyway, get ready girls. You know how stormy Kaeshana can get, so take coats with you. Make sure you go armed. Take your hold-out bolters, Galina take your shatter gun as well. Santaissa's been quiet but it's best to be prepared." Clearly Siobhan was really in Mum mood right now.

Galina couldn't help but giggle a little at Nato's enthusiasm. She'd never seen anyone get that way, not that she minded. It was rather nice, and so different from the people she knew until this point. And maybe, just maybe having someone around the house, near her age wouldn't be so bad.

"We could. Though, I don't know what exactly." She said softly as she slowly shifted to her feet to get ready to leave.

"I'm not really picky." Nope, not at all. Her time on the island got her out of that luxury real quick. You'd eat anything if your were hungry enough and she often did have to be willing to do just that to survive those eight years alone.

She gave a nod to Siobhan as she moved over to her nightstand, pulling out her bolter and attaching the chain around her neck. With a sigh, she reached within the drawer again and pulled the shatter gun out as well. One couldn't be too careful these days. "Let's hope it stays quiet just a little longer. It would be nice to have one good day for us together without anything too crazy going on." Mind you, the last time Galina had really gone out with her family she was pulled into the Netherworld with Tegaea and Chesna. Not pleasant memories for sure.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“We’ll find somethin’ ” Nato’s mission books, and university gifts for Galina, “no crazies, Tadi said she didn’t see any trouble last time she was….” no forget she’d said... “um I mean last time she was around, n' you know we can always just eat a lil bit, or juices n fruit.” Score one for her diet if Galina wasn't picky!

Mum mode from Sio made Nato quiet and happy, still not being used to parental attention, at all. “Coat oh, I gotta find somethin',” Nato zoom following out Galina's bedroom door. Nato with force speed was really a force to be reckoned with, especially if there was going to be a sale on one day at shop, no bargain would be left standing, or salesman for that matter.

Piling into her wardrobe to find her coat, and quickly change, she literally walked in, her only cupboard not bursting in her room because she’d given away a lot of her wardrobe at Tygara, and she had an empty feeling here to be filled. Picking out her best V neck, thin red puff sleeve coat, long, buttoned and slim to her already slim figure, double breasted, deep rouge complimented her red droplet dress beneath, coat going below her modest skirt.

“Ready!” She blurted out, head hanging around her door, then going back again, ready but never ready, grabbing her own holdout blasters as well as her mums gift, she clipped them inside of her thighs, strolling out, hands in her pockets. Not exactly a water proof coat or any armor, but she looked good, she hoped. "Do I look okay?"

In the light of Siobhan's evident paranoia and fixation with being prepared it would be terribly amusing if the day out in town passed without any untoward incidents and ended on a completely shiny and happy note. But that would be a bit too easy!

Needless to say Siobhan put on her shiny fur coat again. Her hold-out bolter hung around her neck, to all outward appearances a simple pendant that went well with her necklace. Her lightsabre was strapped to her belt. Admittedly she did not use the weapon much, but if need be it would come in handy or Nato could use it to slice up bad people. "You look great, sweetie," she said in response to Nato, giving her and Galina a bright smile.

"My little angels. Let's go girls. We'll take the speeder." She glanced over to Galina after saying that. As much as she would have liked to fly with the Force, trying to levitate herself and both her daughters would simply be impractical. Certainly in the weakened state she was in. Gripping her cane tight she would lead her daughters out of the villa with a strong limp and eventually to the speeder, which was piloted by a Firemane minion, who was obviously pretty and female. Upon having embarked the craft would take off into the sky towards Santaissa.

"I'm sure we will." Said with a soft smile as she looked over to her new sybling. As for the crazies, that was her hope too. Galina just wanted a peaceful day with her mummy. A simple easy day, without complications. But in this galaxy, complications were the norm.

She only nodded as Nato ran off and her attention turned to Siobhan. "Alright." She said quietly, and followed her mum out of the villa, to the speeder. Which, truthfully still made her a little nervous. She entangled her fingers in Siobhan's hand as they sat down in the vehicle and squeezed her hand tightly, trying to keep herself calmer than usual.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Beam Beam Beaming smile, she could get used to saying... “yes mum,” feeling spoiled for attention, which meant she felt utterly loved. Pretty speeder, she didn’t get to fly in style much, always on ships, missing the rushing and whizzing of the air, she cherished her storms and breezes, part her training, and part because this planet was having that effect on her in her short time here.

Fyor insisted on walking everywhere, well before when she'd been with him, boring so and so. When she usually left the villa she was walking as well, okay, okay, maybe walking reminded her of him. "Fyor never lets us fly," she said quietly to nobody in particular.

Three missions! No crazies, books, university stuff, and tactfully avoiding food, okay that maybe was four, important Nato missions! Zooming along up high, Nato was looking over the side of the speeder, as she seemingly had no fear of heights. “Do you have any favourite spots, kinda love their phonic cinema, they have holomovies and theater troupes acting in twenty five different languages, sometimes all at once!” Nato smiled to Galina, turning around, hair blowing in the rush of air as she leaned out, chattering was just her way of being friendly.

“Never get used to this view,” she sighed wistfully, resting her chin on the edge of their craft, looking down at the small shelter she wanted to work at for the homeless below. Giving people a home, especially older people who couldn’t care for themselves. Some people might think she was stupid, but she felt like she was doing something when all the other homes were falling down, or soon to. “Can I get somethin’ for the oldies mum?”

Siobhan entangled her fingers with Galina's and did not let go throughout the flight. Her daughter was getting better at it, but still very afraid of flying, though that should improve with time. She gave the little wildling a hopefully reassuring smile before glancing over to Nato. Both girls were alike in a number of ways, but whereas one was introverted and quite geeky in a very adorable way, Nato was a big bubble of extroverted excitement, though in a sense that was just a different way to express her insecurity.

Yet both were very sweet and she loved them dearly. Her little angels. "Sure, you can, dear. Never look down or put yourself above people less well-off." This might come across as an empty platitude on first sight, but fact was that more than a decade and a half ago Siobhan had been one of those homeless. As a matter of fact, she had grown up in abject poverty and never thought she would leave the slums. "But if you give them things, be tactful about it. It can easily come across as patronising otherwise."

Santaissa was a sight to behold. Impressive white stone buildings were intermixed with normal dwellings, further in the distance stood the imposing ziggurat that was the seat of government and palace. Towering spires rose up into the sky. Soon the speeder swooped down and descended onto the ground, having reached the city centre, which was busy as could be expected. "There we are, dears. Ashira's Mall is up ahead." As xenophobic as they often were, the Eldorai were voracious consumers of foreign products and articles and so the centre was quite crowded. Orthodox Eldorai in traditional attire were intermixed with elves wearing offworld clothes. Once the speeder came to a halt the driver helped Siobhan out and handed the Countess her cane. Siobhan spared a moment to walk over to an Eldorai beggar, whose placard and scars proclaimed her to be a war veteran, and tossed a couple coins inside her hat. a few words were exchanged in Eldarai, then she walked back over to her daughters.

Galina's eyes remained mostly focused on the ground of the ship. She didn't really feel brave enough to be looking over the sides. Instead she clung closer to Siobhan's hip and did her best to relax there for she knew her mother wasn't going to let her fall.

"No, I really don't." She said quietly, "Such things didn't exist on Sigma except for the with the King and Queen Rahls They weren't for commoners. And well everyone else, me included was drug into a centuries long war. Was a child soldier. Play, and learning what I liked, I barely got the chance before my parents sacrificed themselves to save me, their last child from that hellish world." Galina gave a small shrug as if it didn't bother her but truth was it bothered her far more than she'd ever say aloud. Hell some of her past life she'd not even told her mothers.

Once on the ground the redhead's mood lightened considerable, seeming to have nearly forgotten what she'd said either. "Sounds like fun mummy." She said a little above a whisper as she held tight to Siobhan's hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom