Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meditation in Motion

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze , Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

JgnWDAq.png

"Oh, okay!"

And just like that Loomi's mood had completely flipped, a warm smile spreading across her face. The padawan set down her things and very eagerly went to go sit down with Braze and Zaiya. The air would fill with a faint positive aura, her emotions practically swirling around her head in the force. The Godoan would study the face of the new girl, her singular eye practically lighting up. Loomi could, of course, feel the emotions of others as an empath, but the colors on her face seemed to change with the things that she felt.

"Woah," Loomi exhaled. "Your feelings are on your face! That's so cool! Usually they just float around people's heads."

Oh, right. They were doing something. Loomi awkwardly crossed her mechanical legs as she sat down, trying to recall the information that had just been given to her. Meditation...

"I thought I was pretty good at meditation," she recalled. "But then I found out I had just been taking naps."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Loomi's observation was spot-on, and Zaiya couldn't hide the embarrassment that colored her mottled spots a vivid coral pink. "Oh, umm, yeah. My kind does that. Can't help it. Just happens," she explained, trying to maintain a friendly atmosphere despite her embarrassment.

However, Loomi's insight into the correlation between Zaiya's color changes and her emotions piqued her interest. Was Loomi Loomi also able to perceive and feel the emotions of others? Was it a Force-related ability or something unique to her species?

Before Zaiya could pose her questions, Loomi's mention of meditation elicited a giggle from her. "Well, naps are pretty nice."

Tilting her head curiously, Zaiya asked, her skin now adorned with bright orange hues, "Can you see emotions?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"We can feel them... sometimes you can kinda see them without seeing them..." Braze tried to explain. "I met someone named Iris Arani who kind of paints what emotions they see, I think." Braze added as he moved back to the tea table after fetching a few more pillows and bringing them over, setting them down.

Braze Smirked at Loomi... " Sounds like you enjoy it and get a little too relaxed. "

"Do you want to try again or maybe take a break and have some tea and... "
He looked at what Loomi brought. " Mac n cheese?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"Can you see emotions?"

"Uh, kinda," she noted. "It's more like I feel them. But I kinda imagine what they might look like sometimes."

That made sense in her head.

"Do you want to try again or maybe take a break and have some tea and... " He looked at what Loomi brought. " Mac n cheese?"

"Yeah!" Loomi beamed. "I brought a pasta!"

Loomi jumped to her feet, hustling over to where she set down her things and brought a box over, proudly presenting it to Braze and Zaiya. She grinned ear to ear as she displayed the contents of the box to them.

EDykDZ4.png

"That green lady is Yaddle I think."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The more Braze Braze and Loomi Loomi discussed how some can feel emotions, imagine, and even paint what emotions they feel, Zaiya was ever more excited to find out just what else could be done.

If others could also feel emotions, did that mean that through the Force, a bond similar to Lovalla could be made?

"So... how does that work? Do you just feel others emotions all the time or do you have to focus on it? And do others feel what you feel as well? Is it only temporary, or can it last for longer?" it made her think of when she was holding hands with Aris Noble Aris Noble and how, after a while, it was easier to resonate with him. She could feel a bit of what he was feeling, and it seemed he could also feel for her. Could she do that with anyone, or was it specifically for only those who can use the Force? Did it get stronger with someone else who could feel emotions like Loomi? Did it fade?

Zaiya had so many questions.

"I can try to meditate again, I was just curious how Loomi feels feelings... I haven't met anyone outside a Lovalla who could do the same thing as I do. We normally can only bond and feel the emotions of our kin and bonded mate."

A pause, then she looked at the box with the green lady.

"Mac and cheese? What's mac and cheese?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

Gear
Mask | Knife | Gauntlets | Boots | Ring | Fang | Charms x3 | Training lightsaber | Resurgence | Corsage | Calypso | Sentry | Requiem | Echo | Amulate | G.O.O | Survival Kit

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
"Mac n cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. " Braze chirped as head reached out and ruffles Loomi's hair being careful of he antennae.
Braze listened intently as Zaiya posed her questions.

"It's not uncommon for Force-sensitive individuals to form deep emotional connections," Braze began, his tone measured as he attempted to explain. "These connections can indeed manifest as bonds. Very possibly like what you and your kin had. "

He paused, gathering his thoughts before continuing. "As for feeling others' emotions, it's not a constant sensation. It often requires focus and intent. Some individuals may be more attuned to it than others, and the strength of the connection can vary."

Braze glanced at Loomi, acknowledging her presence in the conversation before returning his attention to Zaiya. "The ability to resonate with others' emotions can be amplified when shared with someone who possesses similar abilities, like Loomi. And while these connections can deepen over time, they can also fade if not nurtured. Loomi and I have a very special kind of force bond~"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti , Braze Braze

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi gave a squeak as Braze ruffled her hair. It took her focus off of the conversation for a moment before she recomposed herself. Mac & Cheese seemed like a really popular thing, at least as it was explained to her. She didn't have the exposure to enough people to consider some might not have been introduced to such things like she had.

"It's like a cheesy pasta," she added. "I like it."

As for feeling others' emotions, it's not a constant sensation.

"Well..." Loomi began, "I actually can't turn it off."

The Godoan was incapable of not feeling the emotions of others. It was just in the air around her, a source of stimulation that she just had to live with. Perhaps it was just a biproduct of her rather strong sensitivity to the force. She had picked up Mist Weaving rather quickly after all.

"But Braze and I do have a really strong bond..." the Godoan nodded.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Never having tasted cheesy pasta before, Zaiya's interest was piqued, hues of citrine dancing over her patterns across her face and cascading down her arms in curiosity.

"Oh, I've never had cheesy pasta before. Does it taste good?" she asked, genuinely wondering. However, her attention quickly shifted to Braze Braze and then Loomi Loomi as they both explained the bonds they had and how they experienced feeling others' emotions. It was fascinating to learn that it was different for each of them. Braze mentioned that connections could be reinforced or fade depending on intent and continuous nurturing, while Loomi couldn't seem to shut off her ability to feel emotions constantly.

"So it varies... For my kind, we can form connections with our immediate kin, but it takes time and being in each other's company all the time. A lot of physical contact," she added, sharing a bit about her own species' communication methods, which heavily relied on tactile interactions as well as color shifting. "Being able to resonate with someone who isn't a Lovalla is so weird for me. Weird, but exciting," delight spread over her face with her broad grin, pale blue hues edged with a faint golden glow radiated from her skin.

Yet it was the emphasis on the very special and strong bond Braze, and Loomi shared that intrigued her the most.

"Oh, does that mean that because you have a very strong bond, you'll end up being mates when you're older then?" Zaiya asked innocently, her question coming from the perspective of a species that formed very strong lifelong emotional bonds with their intended mate.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

"Mac and cheese tastes amazing," Braze assured her with enthusiasm. "It's absolutely in my top ten favorite foods," he added, ensuring his point was clear. "Yeah, I think it can vary quite greatly from person to person. Lately, I've noticed I'm particularly good at creating force bonds, even when I don't mean to. Sometimes, I can tune out the things I pick up; other times, it's much more difficult, and I get overwhelmed, ending up emotionally and mentally raw. I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night because I can hear the surface thoughts of those around me and feel their surface emotions. I often keep my mental shields up, very tightly and securely. I'm typically, constantly checking them, so much so that it's become second nature, like breathing for me. But sometimes, I just forget, or lose focus," Braze explained.

Then, when she asked that question, all his thoughts vanished, and a heated, pinkened color flushed across his lily-white, marshmallowy skin, spanning the bridge of his nose and flushing him pink right up to the tips of his ears. His soft, somber jade-green eyes went wide. "I... uh... umm... err... well..." He looked panicked, and just as he had said or suggested previously, suddenly Braze's outward emotions—that felt awkward, shocked, embarrassed—were on full display. His mental shields were slammed shut, and his connection was cut off; whatever presence he had that emanated outward was silenced.

"Umm... haha... I don't think it really works that way with either of our kinds," he managed to say, attempting to recover from his emotional exposure with a light-hearted dismissal.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"Oh, does that mean that because you have a very strong bond, you'll end up being mates when you're older then?"

"Mate?" Loomi frowned, tilting her head.

That was a word she hadn't heard before. What was more confusing was that Braze seemed to get all flustered at the mention of the word. What was wrong? He seemed to say somethingh about... not working with either of their kind. How did Loomi even go about wrapping her head around what that even ment?

"I... Uh..." she tried to continue, but she really didn't know what to say.

Would asking make her look silly? Loomi turned her head, nervously folding her hands together. Her antennae would droop down over her face.

"I don't know what that means..." the Godoan muttered.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
With Braze vouching for mac and cheese, Zaiya was willing to try it out. She normally ate a vegetarian diet but was willing to try new things. She could bake and make lots of different types of soups, but anything else? No, not really.

As Braze Braze continued to explain how bonds and connections worked with him, more concern and worry grew over Zaiya's expression, her patterns dampening into a pale yellow hue edged with a golden glow. The way Braze described it sounded terrible. To not be able to get any sleep or filter out other's emotions. That was so bewildering. Perhaps it was because, for Lovalla, the initial social connection that provided a sense of reassurance and comfort only extended to immediate kin, like Zaiya's parents. A far more intimate, lifelong bond would be created with her mate, and that's how the symbiotic bond became so codependent after several years. A pair of Lovalla mated for several years could very well die if separated from their partner for too long.

But to feel everyone's emotions all the time? No, that wouldn't be the sort of connection that would draw you closer to a person, but perhaps make someone want to sever it.

Such a terrifying thing to consider.

However, the sudden flush and flustered stammer from Braze caught Zaiya's attention. Was he embarrassed? Should I have not asked? All of a sudden, whatever Braze was broadcasting suddenly slammed shut. Now Zaiya was starting to feel as if she should have kept her questions to herself, a slight abashed flush pinkening her mottled spots over her cheeks. It only grew worse when Loomi Loomi appeared confused, nervous about what to say, her antennae drooping over her lovely face.

"Oh, okay. Sorry... I shouldn't have asked. I was just curious how it all worked..." Zaiya swallowed hard, fiddling with her fingers. Iridescent blue eyes swept over towards Loomi, whose antennae drooped down over her face.

"Umm... a mate for my kind is your lifelong partner." Of course, there was more to that, but she didn't want to embarrass herself and make Braze or Loomi feel bad.

"We only bond in the way you described once. It just takes a long time and constant interactions to sync to the point that it manifests..." She explained, her expression a little awkward as she attempted to steer the conversation towards emphasizing the uniqueness of their bond.

"So, you are very lucky you managed to find each other and then bond like that." Zaiya genuinely meant her words, her patterns shimmering in hues of amber as she contemplated, highlighted by vibrant citrine and teal notes of joyful curiosity, etched with just the faintest swatches of light green in envy. That feeling only lasted a second; the hue melted into content turquoise ripples.

"So should we try to start meditating again?" maybe going back to the meditation would be best? "Maybe try to reach out to Loomi? Or should I try with someone else?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

Braze's response to Loomi's suggestion was filled with nervous laughter and stammering gratitude. "Oh hey yeah.. um... thanks for the thoughtful idea, Loomi... that's so kind of you, hahaha," he managed, his voice a mixture of surprise and awkward amusement. With each word, his cheeks bloomed into a deeper shade of red, his embarrassment visible in the warm flush that spread across his face.

"Ah... ya know what, yeah... why don't you two try and... uh... connect, yeah, that... and I'll um.. Uhh.. I'll go ahead and make us the cheesy pasta and some tea, okay? I... I'll be back in a short while." His words tumbled out in a hurried stream, as if trying to keep pace with his racing thoughts. Braze's movements mirrored his flustered speech as he clumsily selected two boxes from the assortment Loomi had brought into the room.

"I'll uh... just... be.. right back.. yeah." It was clear Braze was battling to string his words together, his mind a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. His usual composure was lost to a sea of nervous energy, making his departure from the room seem more like a retreat. With a quick, almost desperate glance back, Braze hurried away, leaving behind a trail of bemused silence.

In the kitchen, the sound of pots and pans clattered as Braze sought refuge in the task of cooking, using the rhythmic motions of preparing the meal to calm his unsettled nerves.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"I'll uh... just... be.. right back.. yeah."

"Oh, okay!" Loomi responded warmly, giving Braze a smile.

That was good. She liked pasta.

"Umm... a mate for my kind is your lifelong partner."

"We only bond in the way you described once. It just takes a long time and constant interactions to sync to the point that it manifests..."

"Hmm," the Godoan frowned, tilting her head as she took in the information presented to her. "Well, I guess that makes sense. I do see Braze's dreams sometimes, so maybe it's similar."

Mate. What a strange concept. The word appeared in other words she knew: Roommate, doormmate, clanmate... but on it's own it seemed to be a uniquely special thing that Zaiya seemed to hold with a great reverence. Lifelong partner... did... that just mean like a friend you were always with? That's kind of what the friendship between her and Braze was like, and her feelings about him had been changing drastically as of late.

But maybe they could do that later. They were doing a dating right now or however you were supposed to use that word. Or maybe they were thinking about doing a dating. Loomi still wasn't sure how that worked.

"Oh, well I guess he's going to do that," Loomi shrugged. "What meditation things were you doing? Maybe I can do it to!"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

I really shouldn't have asked, Zaiya thought, watching Braze Braze leave in a flustered state, stammering left and right about making mac and cheese. "Braze, I'm...sorry," Zaiya murmured quietly, abashed shame washing over her skin in an ombre of muted greys, pale yellows, and bronze.

She bit her lip, glancing back at Loomi. By now Zaiya was fidgeting with her fingers, feeling as if she stuck her foot in her mouth. Note to self, don't talk about mates and bonds anymore.

Attempting to interact with Loomi, Zaiya gave a faint smile, although surprise returned to her expression when the Godoan revealed that she could even see Braze's dreams.

"You can see his dreams?" That, was just so... bewildering. If she thought her kind's bonds were intimate, clearly the one Braze and Loomi had was beyond that.

"Wow. I didn't even know that could happen." Something to consider: Would I also be able to do that? Or can someone else see my dreams if a bond is formed like that? How long did it take to form that kind of connection? Did they have to do anything in particular, or was it just the Force or a combination of their physiology? There were so many questions, and now she wasn't sure if she should ask Braze or Loomi for more. Maybe Aris would know. Or would that make him feel awkward, too?

Frustration would arc up and dance in lavender hues over Zaiya's mottled spots. She wasn't sure now what questions she could ask without feeling like an idiot and potentially making herself seem so weird that they wouldn't want to be friends with her anymore.

Yeah, no more conversations about bonds.

Grateful for the change in topic, Zaiya replied to Loomi Loomi , "Oh... just trying to meditate and see if I can connect to the Force more and then try to push out the sensation of support to someone -- at least I think that is what Braze was trying to show me?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze just needed a small break to recompose himself. He wasn't ready to delve into discussions about relationships, especially not to the extent of contemplating the implications of the term 'mate'. It was a topic that flustered him, something he wasn't prepared to address. His focus was squarely on self-improvement, looking inward at the moment. He felt a deep-seated need to work on himself before he could even entertain the idea of nurturing a serious relationship in the future. He wasn't sure what he desired in a partner; those were considerations for another time. He could easily become absorbed in watching the mesmerizing bubbles of water in a rolling boil, but he recognized that he couldn't dodge these thoughts forever. He had hoped that by giving them space, they could explore these matters from a girl's perspective together. Being around such conversations or privy to them didn't sit right with him; he believed his departure would facilitate their sharing of more personal insights on the subject.

He took his time, deciding not to fret over it as he focused on the immediate tasks: preparing mac and cheese and brewing tea for them to enjoy together. Vulnerability and intimacy had always been challenging for him, opting instead to erect mental barriers as strong as beskar to keep others at bay. It troubled him to expose his more sensitive emotions so openly, fearing how easily they could be perceived by others. He often chided himself silently for letting such feelings show.

But none of that mattered now; it was all in the past. If he didn't acknowledge these issues, were they truly problems? After assembling the meal, he went to rejoin the girls shortly after, setting aside his concerns for the moment.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

"Oh... just trying to meditate and see if I can connect to the Force more and then try to push out the sensation of support to someone -- at least I think that is what Braze was trying to show me?"

"Oh, I can do that!" Loomi noted with some excitement. "Here, let me help."

Loomi would take the girl's hands, closing her eyes and focusing herself. Her antennae flitted about as she attuned herself to the living Force around them, becoming intertwined with the movement of energy between things.

"My teacher told me the Force was like an ocean." she stated. "It moves like tides, ebbing and flowing... The vibrations move around and through you. If you focus, you can feel them. Its like a breeze, or a faint hum, something in the air you can't quite touch. Your mind is able to feel these things your eyes can't see. In my case, I feel them way more than normal..."

The Godoan tilted her head as she thought for a moment.

"Emotions exist in this tide," Loomi explained. "Empaths are just naturally inclined to feel them better, I think. But, with a little focus, you can share these things with other people. It's like a paper boat catching a ripple on the water. If you project your feelings out, the tide will naturally want to carry it out to sea."

She focused, letting positive emotions fill the air around her. Calm, joy, positivity, and natural curiosity all seemed to swirl out from the Godoan, a frequency with a recognizeable pattern. Ebb and flow.

"It might help to start by just feeling it out."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya's eyes widened with delight as she accepted Loomi's hands into her own. Instantly, she was enveloped in a comforting, soothing aura emanating from the Godoan, like a gentle breeze on a hot day. It was as if she could feel the ebb and flow of emotions in the vast ocean of the Force, with subtle vibrations pulsing all around her.

Sensing Loomi Loomi 's emotions was an incredible experience, one that filled Zaiya with wonder and curiosity. Was it the uniqueness of Loomi's species or simply the power of the Force? Perhaps it was a combination of both. With a multitude of questions swirling in her mind, Zaiya was eager to learn more.

Taking a deep breath, Zaiya focused on steadying her breathing, envisioning herself as a calm, fluffy cloud floating above a majestic mountain valley. Though she hadn't experienced the vastness of an ocean, she could understand the sensation through Braze's descriptions.

As she attuned herself to the subtle nuances of the Force, Zaiya felt Loomi's presence like a radiant pulse of light, painted in beautiful shades of blue. With a gentle smile, she extended her own feelings towards Loomi, offering a warm friendly hug of intangible warmth, akin to pleasant heat of a sunny summer day.

Braze Braze

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze carefully padded back, having arranged everything on a tray for easier transportation. He navigated his way into the room with caution and approached the girls. Stopping by the tea table, he knelt down and meticulously set out each bowl and cup of tea, serving the ladies first before attending to himself. He made an effort to be quiet, not wanting to disrupt their moment. The savory aroma of the mac and cheese blended harmoniously with the sweet fragrance of the freshly brewed tea, filling the room with a comforting warmth.

He was much more composed now than he had been when he left and eagerly watched the two curious as to if they were making and headway or progress.​

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

JgnWDAq.png

As she attuned herself to the subtle nuances of the Force, Zaiya felt Loomi's presence like a radiant pulse of light, painted in beautiful shades of blue. With a gentle smile, she extended her own feelings towards Loomi, offering a warm friendly hug of intangible warmth, akin to pleasant heat of a sunny summer day.

"Perfect," Loomi beamed. "Just like that."

Did she just teach someone? Loomi couldn't help but feel a great sense of pride. She had never done something like that before, and it honestly made her feel really good. It helped that she was really good with feeling emotions. The Godoan would definately have to tell Master Tirin that she had managed to teach something to another person.

Before long, Braze had returned, serving them tea. It seemed the macaroni was ready too. Loomi gave the young Echani a warm smile as she took her cup.

"Thank you!" she chirped.

Her mood at the moment was immaculate. She was practically glowing with positivity now. Loomi was very satisfied with herself, and of course she was happy to be making new friends. Whenever Braze had set down everything, she made sure she gave him a hug of appreciation for taking the time to prepare things for them.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The moment Zaiya heard Loomi Loomi 's confirmation, her cerulean opal eyes snapped open, and she practically radiated with joy. Her rosy gold skin took on an intense vibrancy, glowing with a luminous pink hue akin to a pearl. Waves of excitement and the Force itself seemed to ripple over her patterns and mottled spots, displaying a mesmerizing spectrum of teals, turquoises, and cobalt blues. A distinct golden glow outlined the edges of her patterns, adding to her ethereal aura.

"Really?!" Zaiya's voice brimmed with excitement, and a giddy giggle escaped her lips. She couldn't contain her joy, covering her mouth with her hand as she delightedly shimmied her bare shoulders.

"Thank you, Loomi Loomi ! Thank you Braze Braze !" the Lovalla exclaimed, just flourishing over their praise that she managed to do it. It was werid, and cool, and just so exciting.

Of course, as soon as Zaiya's nose caught the delicious cheesy scent of the mac and cheese, there was no hiding the distinct hungry grumble Zaiya's belly gave. With an embarrassed gasp, Zaiya's eyes went wide, and she blushed, the patterns over her skin pinkening to a coral hue.

"I guess I'm hungry... thank you for the tea and food, Braze. This looks delicious,"
Zaiya praised the Half-Echani, beaming smile on her face as she also took her cup of tea and the plate.

"So I just need to continue practicing meditating like that to get better at touching the Force and reaching out to others?" Zaiya was curious. "How far can it go?"

Could I try it on Aris Noble Aris Noble even if he isn't here?
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom