Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Matters of War, and the Force, aside.

tpuAKtr.gif
TAG: Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen
Locale: Coruscant, Entertainment Sector, Upper Levels
Equipment: Lightsaber (Concealed), Hololink
Clothing:

a93888f27839dbe1b129118122d9d57f.jpg

Aayla glanced down at herself curiously, eyes moving from her own form to a mirror across the small walkway. She wore a necklace with a pendant that bore the symbol of the SJC, the sort of thing she would've worn to a political gathering, which in a sense is what this was. Though, she wasn't big on dresses, and would probably never wear this again. She thought she looked nice, but was stuck between wondering if she actually LOOKED like she wanted to look nice. She did, but at the same time she didn't... It was an odd thought. Stuck between just wanting to have a fun night out with someone, and actually wanting to build a proper lasting relationship with Phalsi.

She had to admit, for a third party retailer, they made some nice clothes, and actually had the nerve to market them as 'Jedi Clothes'. She couldn't complain, and the double pocket right on the side of the dress was stitched in such a way that her lightsaber was barely noticeable within her clothing. She paced lightly, booting clicking against the ground as the dress flowed about her. Back and Forth, her ivory strands had been cut, again, to maintain a more preferable cut for herself. Though, on the downside it also made it so as her scars were quite visible, even more so visible against the white backdrop of her clothing.

She had messaged Phalsi with the date, and (local) time she would be getting there, and had gotten a reply that signified the other would make an appearance. Though she was starting to wonder if she would show after all. Aayla wondered ultimately if she would've... Their reservation for two to enter the all you can eat BBQ was going to be up in about ten minutes, and she couldn't help but somehow nervous. She had no idea why, but it was a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Perhaps she thought the other would've been there earlier, but also had no why idea why she had expected that either.

The pacing wasn't helping though, as such she exhaled lightly, observing one of the benches outside the restaurant for dust, and bringing her dress about herself to sit on it. She would clasp her hands together, close her eyes, and meditate silently. It was better than looking like a nervous wreck.

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER
Locale: Coruscant, Entertainment Center, Upper Levels
On Her Person: Wrist Device , Slicing/Gaming Tool, Hard Light Weapon Hilt (Concealed), The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator
Outfit: Outfit
Tags: Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

"I'll be there."

It had been her message after receiving the invite from her newest compatriot after the Emberlene incident. And she had arrived early, but she had not come to the meeting point first thing. Her ship had a few minor details she wanted to iron out as she

While Aayla had worn bright clothing, Phalsi had appeared in a much darker style of clothing. Which did an excellent job of highlighting the bright green of her hair and blue of her eyes as she bobbed and weaved through the crowd. She had become distracted by a sale on aftermarket parts for ships down the way, and her device had alerted her to the time.

She was thankful she had come early to the planet, but the heels of the outfit did little to assist her hasty run to the meeting point the pair had. With a touch of the force, the wind seemed to catch her back at just the right times to propel her just that little bit more through the streets as she skidded a few centimeters within rudely bumping into a civilian.

Come on come on come on! She mentally hustled an older ithorian that was shuffling along down a single lane alleyway that cut out to the designated meeting place. A quick glance to her wrist had her clicking her tongue lightly in anxiety as she waited for the minimum required space to open up as she rushed out of the alleyway and sprinted for the familiar presence in the force.

A few hectic seconds of running a while longer had her pulling short and putting her hands on her knees and bent over to catch her breath. In through the mouth, out through the nose- She reminded herself before glancing up at Aayla.

"Sorry, got-gasp distracted by s-gasp ship parts. Not late, am I?" She wheezed, taking a long gasp before blowing out the held breath and straightening up.

tpuAKtr.gif

She felt her indeed a moment before she arrived, smiling, and opening her eyes as the other had come quite literally on time. Which, as she had been told by one incessantly obnoxious Master meant on time, and seconds; which was late. She observed Phalsi from head to toe, then back to lock on her eyes. She stood with ease, and grace. Smirking for just a moment longer before approaching the other.

"You're right on time... Nice outfit."

Aayla had added that last part with a rhythmic bob of her head, canting her head towards the entrance of the establishment, and sliding in that direction; she would hold the door for the other, then slide in behind her. She had to admit, it felt good not having to look over your shoulder constantly... Or sneak, or plot attacks, or defenses. Then again, she had been so focused on furthering herself as a Jedi, she made no time to straighten her own mental state. This would be a great benefit to it she felt.

Plus, she wanted to know what happened to her after Emberlene. Right after Phalsi and her had taken out the last rogue elements, Aayla helped her lug the unconscious trio to a ship; Phalsi's presumably. Though, other than a promise to meet, she obviously didn't know much after that. She wondered if they were put to death...

After confirming the reservations, they would be sat down in a huge room, with multiple booth like cubicles that gave the illusion of privacy, though if you were paying attention you could still hear the conversations from the next group over. In any case, Aayla wouldn't be snooping on anyone else today, more interested in learning more about the other, and asking the questions she wished she had time to on their mission.

After being seated, and asked the usual questions by the waiter, Aayla would ask that they be allowed to cook their own food.

Left with spare grates for the pit, and one already on; they would be presented with three trays of thinly (but not exactly finely) sliced raw meats.

Spiced Puffer Pig Shank, Hawaiian Glazed Shaak, and "Special-Seasoned Kaadu Flank.

Once they were there, and sitting, she would look at the table. She was content to get water, but wanted to be adventurous and ordered a random drink off the menu, so caught up in making sure everything was alright she wasn't aware that she had purchased a fruity, but slightly alcohol laced beverage... Luckily it hadn't come out yet.

She used the the tongs on the plate to start it, not ever doing it before but eager to jump right in and figure it out. For now she put one of each on the grate, smiling at Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen with a childlike glee as the meat began to sizzle.

"Thanks a lot for coming. I want to ask you so much, but I'll be honest I'm also kind of starving, I didn't eat for this..."

Aayla admitted, a slight blush finding her cheeks. It had nothing to do with the other though. If anything, she felt embarrassed that she was having so much fun. Regardless of the fact the night was so young, she almost felt like she should've been working... Or training. She couldn't shake the feeling. She would try though.

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER
On Her Person: Wrist Device , Slicing/Gaming Tool, Hard Light Weapon Hilt (Concealed), The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator

"Thank you.Wheeze You too." She managed through slowly settling breathing. Making a mental note to get some cardio into her routine, she stood upright, leading the way in as Aayla held the door for them. The place was lovely bloom of different foods being cooked, and her stomach rumbled with not so quiet glee as they confirmed reservations and took their seats at a booth.

While Aayla might have accidentally ordered an alcoholic beverage, Phalsi's was rather deliberate given she believed the other was taking the lead in day drinking. Aayla started with laying a cut of each out, which Phalsi mimicked, having never tried such a cooking style herself. Her eyes widen a bit at being spoken to, recognition of hearing Aayla without speaking.

"Oh! Not a problem. Its nice to get out every once a while when it isn't galaxy ending business. I've actually heard about the contest eater people training their stomachs by eating increasing amounts since fasting actually shrinks your stomach. Weird thing. There was an article about it in my suggestions on the holo-net." She was paying some attention to the meats but far more interested in speaking it seemed.

"I won't be offended to speak while eating if you aren't. Ask away. I know some can't get over the whole rude aspect of it, but I was ruined on polite society behavior long ago." There was a shrug added to her words before her tongs gingerly poked the sizzling meats before her impatiently.

tpuAKtr.gif

Well that was a relief, at least they would be able to speak while they ate. She had been raised to consider such a thing as relatively rude; but as she stated, she wanted to talk to the other. Taking care to observe the cooking slices of meat, she fought the urge to eat a little early. Last thing she needed was food poisoning... Listening to what Phalsi had to say, she couldn't help but stare in wonder. She had also seen videos of people eating insane amounts, but didn't realize there were competitions over it. She always assumed it was for views, likes, and reposts. Gray hues would glance off curiously.

"I mean, that can't be healthy though right?"

She would offer in response, noting the drink came, a huge slice of pineapple slotted on the rim of the glass. Pretty fancy for a juice, she thought; taking a sip and freezing. This wasn't juice... She pursed her lips, noting that whatever it was, in was tasty as all get out. Prompting her to smirk after the fact. Well, maybe one drink wouldn't hurt. Though it worked on her system almost immediately. She had never drunk a drop of alcohol in her life. And the effects were sudden on her considering she had an empty stomach. Euphoric, and yet a warm happy feeling found her. As such she zoned out just slightly, and cleared her throat before refocusing on the other.

"Hey... I dunno' if you can talk about it but whatever happened to those girls? The ones we grabbed on Emberlene?"

Aayla would ask, a burning question ever since she had left the trio in Phalsi's care. She was aware Phalsi's mission entailed executing them on sight, but she wondered if they found a way out of that fate, albeit it wasn't her responsibility to worry about it. Beyond that, Aayla had an apology she wanted to lay on the other at some point during the night. Watching that meat sizzle away, her eyes were suddenly dragged away; focusing on the others hair with curiosity. Aayla couldn't help but wonder how a hairstyle like that would get her viewed back at Silver Rest.

"Who am I to judge people on their health anyway... Every month a new psychopath pops up somewhere in the galaxy... If people wanna' eat, let em..."

She had mumbled randomly afterwards, as if she was beating herself for her initial question.

Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER

"From what the article showed it does have long term affects on their health, but the short term no. It seemed about like working a muscle." The drinks came, and Phalsi enjoyed the hint of butter that came with her own fruity alcoholic beverage. She had enjoyed drinks before and built a fair tolerance for them. She also knew her limits but had a lingering eye on the other given the startled reaction they gave. Her companion posed a question, and the fluid in her straw stopped short as she peered from below her brow at them.

"The ringleader was tried and plead guilty to treason. Chose execution rather than incarceration. The psycho was also tried and guilty but wasn't given a choice given her laundry list of past deeds. The blaster one plead guilty but relented to therapy." She spoke plainly about it, even if the sentencing hadn't been properly or publicly announced just yet. Those on Emberlene and any others interested would see the information scroll through the Emeberlene news broadcast, but with so many planets within the silvers sphere of influence it could easily be buried among the others given the ongoing threat of the Bryn.

"Mistryl's like keeping a clean house from what I've seen. The little psycho was already on their watch list but the other two...well, they were pretty heavily associated and got much the same treatment for it. A not so subtle message through the network about not tolerating that behavior or ignoring it." There was a slurp from her straw that found itself making her gag. Caught between the pipes, she coughed briefly before quietly burping the problem away as her lungs sang their displeasure.

"Ah feth. Hate that." Her eyes watered as she scooted the drink aside and blinked. A small smile formed even with the slight burning sensation in her chest.

"So. What do you do while at Silver Rest? Part of any groups or anything? Oh. Right. I'm under Coren Starchaser, so I've pretty well got no leash as far as masters go. Whose teaching you?" She offered, tossing a few questions up while using the tongs to flip her selections over before handing them over the table.

tpuAKtr.gif

She had been listening intently to those words. Somehow she was saddened to hear that two of them had passed; one choosing death it seemed. Her eyes faltered to that sizzling meat in front of her, using her tongs to pull one strip of each meat in turn, and resting it on her own plate. From there, she took a single bite, smiling at the sweet, savory taste. Then again, how dare she have such feelings about it? What would the Silvers do to one of their own if they had gone psychotic? Execution seemed a little steep of a price, but there would be a price.

She registered, but ignored the additional information about competitive eating, she didn't see herself picking that up as a hobby.

"I'm happy at least one got a second chance, I suppose justice finds its way in the end."

Aayla offered, getting a little more serious about the assortments of meat on her plate. The waiter had snuck back over, resting a bowl of rice for each respectively. She would nod once, to which the waiter backed away from the table swiftly; rushing off to get his other tables. For some odd reason she wondered if that was a job she could do well. The constant advent of death could wear down even the most concentrated of people; for Aayla it had been a slow burn; and while slow, there was still a hole growing.

Her eyes shot up as the other gagged, placing everything she was holding down and leaning forward on the table a little. She said nothing, but was ready to help if she needed too, only relaxing as the other noted they hated that. Aayla just smirked, and relaxed; using a fork to rest one of the cooked pieces of meat against the rice in the bowl; popped the whole piece in her mouth, she would chew at it, then take up a scoop of that oil glazed rice; resting the utensils back down.

And then Phalsi had asked her questions about herself. She made a little sound from her throat, still chewing.

"Mhm..."

She took a sip of that fruity beverage again, that drink was going to get her in trouble... In any case, she had taken a sip a little bigger than the previous ones; swallowing her food with ease. A hand placed over her mouth, she would use her tongue to verify there was no scraps of food lurking about before she spoke.

"Not yet... I've been interested in joining a secretive group, but its not exactly something I should talk about. You could consider it Jedi Special Operations. When I'm back home I train, and I meditate... And I read stories and books on tactics in the archives. I'm honestly pretty boring. From time to time I help the younglings in saber drills, and their own meditation..."

She canted her head in thought, as that last bit caused her eyes to perk up.

"Actually, the Grandmaster of the Saber just picked me up as his padawan, Josh Dragovalor... I'm excited about it, but also I'm uncertain, I know he's going to busy... I just hope I live up to him properly."

She said, switching from sweet Haiwaiian glazed meat, and poking at the puffer shank. It was certainly soft, and she wasn't sure she was going to like the texture; in any case, she would be able to quite literally pull the meat apart with a fork, eating a little piece and freezing. It was amazing...

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER

"Even just one can change the life of many. She might go on to help others recognize signs of users. But the Mistryl's are looking into the matter to better keep it from happening again." Phalsi offered quietly. They had used their friend in the end, giving her ideas of securing their future as Mistryl's with their actions instead of working with their handler to get the truth of the matter. Something the organization would be looking into given the brief interaction she had listened to between her handler and the one above them both.

Using her own tongs, she pulled her own selections back, pondering a moment visibly about which to start with before simply taking a bite from each one in turn and savoring the flavors of each in turn. The rice was a lovely addition as she also dipped into the oil covering it and held a hand to her mouth each time in preparation to hide her mouth while speaking.

She listened to the other speak of joining a secretive group, and her eyes narrowed a little. There weren't many groups within the Silver's that were secretive, and only one prominently stood out in her mind having attempted to join it as well. Granted she hadn't dedicated to the task and had returned to being a hermit shortly after showing interest.

A small smirk reached her cheek as she finished chewing, taking a sip of her own drink and setting her utensils aside.

"Shadows are always fun to play in, just be mindful about running into others. Big, tall, and quiet reached out to me at one time, but I didn't follow through." She spoke plainly about it but used cover words, mindful that groups didn't particularly like others knowing or speaking about them.

"Heard of him but haven't met the Grandmaster yet. Don't know that I will get the chance any time soon since I have to focus on some hand to hand on Emberlene. But yeah, I feel you on the being boring side of things. I have been trying to broaden my horizons in a sense with reaching out to people. Much like this." She waved a hand between them before continuing.

"Hard sometimes though with everything going on. Not a lot of time to just...be people I suppose." The words held a weight to them, a sigh escaping her mouth as she prepared for another bite. "That might seem a bit, casual, but even masters and big military types need a break right? It can't be all doom and gloom or they'd go crazy I would think."

She narrowed her eyes as the prepared bite stopped halfway to her mouth, lips curling in a subdued laugh with a sharp twinkle in her eyes.

"How do you think they relax? The military types I mean. Go on a weapon cleaning frenzy? Go to the range and unload a few clips? Take long walks down the barracks?" There was humor in her tone, thinking of a million silly things at once as the utensil slowly returned to her plate.

tpuAKtr.gif

She had ate quite a bit, following suit with the other and either hiding her eating habits, or chewing with her mouth closed; very much leaning towards the latter. Her next series of words caused Aayla to put down her fork and stare at Phalsi a little wildly. She didn't expect the other to either know about he Shadows, or Josh for that matter. In her mind she sort of saw Phalsi as an outsider looking in, but the words made her a little more comfortable around the other; either she had been around the order before, or she was a spy. She tried to think back then, to when they first met. What did Phalsi ask her about Kashyyyk?

That's right, she has asked about Silver Rest, Aayla must have overlooked it then, but now that she brought it back up... She sipped at that drink, and leaned forward lightly, her pendant shimmering ever so lightly in the interior light of the establishment.

"What about you, did you play in the Shadows? If so, I would... I would love to hear anything about it."

The thought of that made her wonder how Phalsi would've made it through the selection process, recalling saving her from almost dying not too long ago. Given she didn't think she could take on a Sith Lord; yet, she wouldn't turn her back to one on instinct. That was even if she was caught, suddenly she teetered very lightly to the left; literally having her first drink ever with Phalsi, and now beginning to feel the effects.

"I'm gonna have to crash on Coruscant, I don't think I'll be able to drive a fighter back to Kashyyyk tonight... And yeah, I agree... You need some hand to hand training, and maybe some bladework.. Footwork"

She nodded along slowly, as she spoke, clearly trying to tease the other; but would laugh aloud; quickly reneging her words.

"I'm kidding. My Master left when I was about... Fourteen. I'm only where I am because I trained light a crazy person to get there. I didn't want another Master, and I pushed everyone that tried away. I'm gonna catch up, but until then all I can do, all any of us can do really is train..."

She thought about it, realizing that they were getting right back on the topics she DIDN'T wanna' talk about. It caused her head to droop slightly, then perked back up to put more meat back on the grill for both if Phalsi wanted any, three of each flavor for both yet again.

"You know what, I'm willing to bet those super patriotic types have the most comforting hobbies..." She took another sip of that drink, and shook her head lightly with lightly pursed lips. After drinking it, a hand came up in front of her mouth as she laughed a bit.

"Like knitting... Paper-folding or something like that. Nobody can do that for their entire lives can they? Just plot how to... Do the things the military does. You gotta' have something to bring you back to reality."

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER

"Fiddled with one. Didn't dedicate. Had a meeting with tall, dark, and no face. Know of them, but looking back I could have benefited from actually trying. Rough patch for me. Left the Silvers shortly after for the outer rim." Phalsi admitted without reservation. She had actually done little more than peer into that world, learning a small inkling of their work, and hopped on the nope train out of it. A somewhat shameful thing looking back given what she had to look forward to now though.

"I've got a technical mind. Decent with a spicy glowstick. But...well. You saw me fight." She shrugged, knowing full well how that would have gone.

"Drink a bit stronger than you thought? Or did you not get enough sleep?" There was a small moment of concern when Aayla tilted slightly, drawing a curious look from the woman across from her with raised brows.

The comment of crashing on Coruscant had her smirking, knowing the direction it was going now. There was a nod of solidarity as she sipped from her drink, a small grin in the corner of her mouth. Her free hand slipped over to her wrist, connecting to the local holo-net and letting it search out for a decent place to hold over for the night.

"Shouldn't be too hard to find a spot to sleep. I probably shouldn't fly either. Ship's big enough to cause problems on take off if I'm not a hundred percent." Ignoring the small ding from her device, she plucked another piece of meat and chewed, savoring once more as the tingle of a buzz kicked in.

She didn't linger on the comments about needing to work on her fighting. It was pretty clear given the show she had put on with the Mistryl's that she was no where near decent enough to hold her own. Especially in a surprise spot.

"Training isn't all bad. Just have to remember to make some time for yourself every so often. I'll be sure to snag you as a reminder in case you forget. I'll even be nice and not make it attempted kidnapping." There was humor in her tone and a smile on her face as she watched the grill fill back up.

"Oh I bet they do. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that." Yet more humor in her tone as she thought on it for a moment. "I feel like asking one now. I might just do that actually when we get back." There was mischief in her tone now, replacing the humor as a wild gleam shown in her eyes. It washed out quickly though, taking a look at her wrist before looking back to Aayla.

"Have you, ever drank by chance? Liquor I mean." She dared to ask, not entirely sure which was she wanted the answer to go.

tpuAKtr.gif

She laughed at the others words then, eating a bit more of of the meat she had before realizing they were done with the first round of meats. She was kinda' full at this point, but didn't want it to end too quickly, as such she would breath in deeply, feeling her body sort of begin a transition; she felt very comfortable all of a sudden, but also had the strong urge to lay down; fighting it also brought along the urge to laugh, which she did.

"You mean they get stronger than this? I think I'm gonna' start sweating..."

She admitted, taking a few sips of ice water near her. As the other continued speaking, Aayla's emotions were more surface level, less reserved; covering her mouth and laughing aloud as Phalsi suggested asking one of her superiors such a wild question.

"Excuse me Sir, do you collect trading cards, or plushies by chance in your personal time..."

She laughed a little then, loosing a light hmm from her throat.... As for the commentary on training, Aayla grimaced, but nodded a few deliberate times as well.

"You can kidnap me whenever I'm not you know, killing myself training; which is surprisingly pretty often... Did I really just say that? I mean, like... You can call me... Like a regular person, and invite me to be kidnapped"

A blushed found her cheeks, hands moving up to cover said cheeks as she peered across the table at the other with a dull smile.

"I'm sorry, is it really that obvious? No I've never ever drunk alcohol... Well, there was one time behind Silver Rest; this spot the Padawan used to hang out, way back in the day; we would go back there and do... You know, teenager stuff."

She shook her head at that, letting her hands fall away from her face as her blush had abated.

"This boy brought a bottle of Corellian Spiced Rum, and I drank literally a drop of it on my fingertip. I just wanted to see how it tasted, but it was just hot... This is different, like there's a lot of rum in this drink; but it still tastes so good."

She said, noting the drink was still about half full, and she was already looking a little fishy. For now, she would focus on eating, moving to get the tongs to place some more meat on the grill. In doing so she seemed to be playing around mostly, enjoying the strong buzz that had taken ahold of her. Clearly, she wasn't aware of what happened when you drank too much.

2FS8YbB.png

EVERYTHING AFTER

"There's a few that will put you on the floor pretty quick." She informed Aayla with a knowing smile. It was always a bad idea to challenge people to a drinking game without knowing what they were bringing to the table. And Phalsi had learned once from such a misstep on Denon.

There was a growing smile as she was informed of how she could snag the girl for a day to relax. Pondering the phrasing and possible trouble she could stir with such an invitation.

"I think kidnapping is a bit strong of a word for it. Granted some might see it that way. Especially if I snag you mid-practice." She chuckled to herself, watching the other blush.

"Corelli stuff always has a kick if you don't dress it up. Straight always leaves a burn in my stomach. Handy when you don't want to think but trouble if you are trying to." There was a growing smile as she dismissed the alert on her device. Instead opting to take the other back to her ship rather than leave her floundering post drink in a hotel.

"Yeah. Teenager stuff. Will have to snag you for another outing though. Maybe work on your tolerance...or see if you can build one anyway." She remarked quietly on that note. Her eyes were silently fixed to the attempt at replacing what had been on the grill, the smile still growing slowly as she began to realize the extent of how much the drink had affected the other.

Her own buzz wasn't nearly as debilitating, but she also already was well aware of her limits.

"We can sleep it off on my ship. Cheaper than a hotel. Plus no chance of some weirdo following us." She informed the other with a bit of humor in her tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom