Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandalorian rebellion against the Dominion (Deathwatch?)

Tallia Farn said:
That said we're not going to abandon the idea we're just going to give it more of the slow burn treatment to allow for more of a story to develop, which will allow for some skirmishes to take place which will have faction rewards and IC consequences to give it more flavor than if we were to just pop in and take the hex in the matter of one thread. This would most likely escalate to an Invasion thread of Mandalore after the appropriate build-up has occurred.

The Dominion will be totally open for that.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

I'm just trying to plan it in a way that works for everyone involved and doesn't cause any community strain. I wouldn't wait to kick off the faction I just wouldn't strip the Dominion of their hard earned map hex without first putting in the time for some proper faction development. Even if the rules allow for it, I'm looking to write a fun Mandalorian story not make a quick grab in the map game.

[member="Jaig Vizsla"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Cole Dagos"] [member="Jhiaga Shiwr"] [member="HK-36"] [member="The Faithful"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Drof'del Tavor"] [member="The Librarian"] [member="Malok"] [member="Darth Carnifex"]

To anyone who expressed possible interest, I'll be working on developing the concept more along with making my Mando character that I'll use for it so feel free to PM me feedback and opinions for what you want the Rebel Faction to be. I'll probably want to have ownership of the faction at least to start but I'm going to be fairly lenient as far as leadership goes and one of my first jobs once I get the faction going would be to promote some admins to help me run everything and include as many people as possible in directing the course of the rebellion.

When I've got everything locked in, I will put up a faction advertisement/interest check and we can commence with the burning and the pillaging and the terrorizing.

[member="Jaig Vizsla"]

Yeah at the moment we're looking at forgoing a rebellion thread at the request of the Dominion and instead planning a longer event-style resistance movement that would involve first some skirmishes over planned objectives and then a proper Invasion to follow. At this point co-opting with the Mando'ade seems entirely likely considering they have a similar goal, but I think having a separate faction would be interesting ICly such as having the Mando'ade funding the rebels covertly so they don't go into all out war. Of course this isn't the most efficient option, but I think it make for an interesting plot line.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
Tallia Farn said:
[member="Darth Carnifex"]

I'm just trying to plan it in a way that works for everyone involved and doesn't cause any community strain. I wouldn't wait to kick off the faction I just wouldn't strip the Dominion of their hard earned map hex without first putting in the time for some proper faction development. Even if the rules allow for it, I'm looking to write a fun Mandalorian story not make a quick grab in the map game.
You were down for doing it before you were (incorrectly) told you couldn't.

No matter what it is, a rebellion will cause some level of community strain. That is the nature of the system.

I'll give you some advice:

You are in a very enviable position for a minor faction. You've got a story that practically writes itself. You've got the backing of a lot of Mandalorian writers. And, finally, you've got a situation where you can hit the ground running.

If you want to do it, which I assume you do based off this thread, do it. If you don't, you don't.

Just don't let worries about OOC salt stop you. No matter what, you will always get a degree of that in PVP.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
giphy.gif

UPDATE:
[member="Jhiaga Shiwr"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Meraal Vaun"][member="Jaig Vizsla"][member="The Librarian"][member="Darth Carnifex"][member="Vilaz Munin"][member="The Faithful"][member="Keira Ticon"][member="Aedan Miles"][member="Drof'del Tavor"][member="Kad Tor"] [member="Malok"] [member="Cole Dagos"]

Scratch what I said last, we will be using the rebellion method as originally planned and are using the Death Watch faction which you can find here: http://starwarsrp.net/groups/738-death-watch/

[member="Tallia Farn"]

I have joined this particular Rebellion with my Sith Lord. However do please feel free to keep me in the loop on future Mando related developments as I really need to write with this guy more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom