Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Mad World (Silver Jedi Concord Junction of Sarka - Confederacy of Independent Systems Junction of Dagobah)

Tags: Caedyn Arenais + open
Ship: "The Red Hare"
Equipment: Prosthetics, Armor (K22 armor), Diana original lightsaber + attachment rods.
Objective: Visions of Death
Inspirational music

A soft stinging made master of the woman. She had since left behind the age he himself was, and when she was addressed by the title of lady... it reminded her of the file. The file she had read on the man she was to work with today. His presence was more then well suited for battle. This very clearly wasn't his first. Almost like the battlefield yearned for him, more so then he did. From his records he came across as a nice and polite person. He seemed to fit this profile in his appearance, being well groomed and wearing a far more reasonable Jedi apparel then she did. A soft nod thrown his direction showed she heard, as the metal of the suite she wore slowly settled into their new owner's movements.

"Indeed, I'm so sorry to say my intercom didn't get repaired yet. However the mission brief was clear. Thank you for being my second on this, I'll hopefully be a suitable second to you as well. Lets both get home safe tonight."

She smiled at him, a kind and warm, almost motherly smile. She wasn't sure why, but he came across as a good person. A thought she mustered to also drive away the feeling of regret for not having the intercom fixed by now. She was tinkering with the machine earlier but didn't finish in time. It was with that thought that she felt a soft rumbling, slowly a crescendo of gravity as she and the companion landed. The gentle look on the woman's face turned to that of a trained knight. She knew to not expect anything but the best, and anything less is a blessing concerning her opponents. It took her only a few minutes to strap the last few items to her belts and back, and reach with her right hand for her belt.

A finger hooked behind her belt, grabbing the lightsaber and her extension rod, one weapon in each hand, the lightsaber in the left hand while the right hand held the bright red staff. She nodded to the objects as if they were an extension of her own self. To an extend they were. Many gruelling years of training made her exceptionally effective with those weapons. And now as they had landed, she would put her skills to use once more.

"Mister Arenais, from here lets go with codename: D and codename: C should you wish to identify me or call for me. And please just say Diana in the field, we don't have that much of an age gap."

She chuckled, breaking the tension for a second as she looked at the man, smiled and took the next few steps, hiding her frame behind a pillar just a few feet off the landing spot. Taking a pair of binoculars and surveying the area before gesturing to the man he could come as well. Not having seen any enemies she tossed the binoculars to the man and signed to have him look for her next sprint. They could do this movement for a while if no one saw, and would finally reach the old school building. Lights flickering inside as the inhabitants surely seemed to look for things among the rubble, walking past the windows and seemingly not overly concerned with anything happening outside.

"I'm expecting heavy resistance once inside. If the coast is clear we run to the wall and go in via any entrance we can find. Any objections?"

Gir nodded as Felix Aquila Felix Aquila spoke. He made a mental note to assign some of the fleet's Zephyr Droid Starfighters to make automated patrols around the satellites. With as many ships of the Silver Jedi Concord and Confederacy of Independent Systems present as there were, the man doubted that any attackers would be able to enter orbit without being detected, but he wasn't sure if they'd be able to respond fast enough to immediately intercept them. He noted the other man's commentary on his eyes and offered a shrug of muted indifference.

"I wasn't going to bring it up," replied the blonde man, "what matters is that the job gets done without anyone needlessly getting hurt. The Sarkans are still fairly well off despite the plundering of their world - they transferred a good amount of their nova crystals offworld as the Bryn'adul approached. It'll probably take a little bit of time for them to convert the gems to credits, but I'll make sure that they get there one way or another."

"Not to ignore the obvious need for compensation," started Salmakk with the wave of a webbed hand, "But this organism that you engineered, I have a few questions about it. I understand that it has been genetically modified to end replication after a set number of reproductive cycles..."

Gir nodded. He too had read the briefing - noting with approval that the measure would ensure that they didn't overpopulate and become a permanent presence. Though he also noted that their programmed death also made it a more profitable product for the inventor.

"...but is there any chance that it could interact with native microorganisms and mutate? Lateral DNA transfers aren't unheard of. What happens if that does occur?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais

Tags: Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica .
Ship: "The Red Hare".
Equipment: Armistice Staff Lightsaber | Jedi robes | CS.38 Tactical Side-Arm.
Objective: Visions of Death.

The Jedi Knight gave a confident nod at the notion of a safe return home. While he hadn't been aware of Diana's communication troubles, getting back in one piece was every bit his intention for the mission's end. Until then, however, his mind needed to be on the here and now. Poised within the present for those who depended upon the pairs clarity in judgement and precision of skill in the field.

"Codename's sound suitable enough" Caedyn replied. He didn't have any concern with being called upon by his first name, though as Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica had made the suggestion, it seemed polite conduct to accept without question, focusing on the objective laid out before them.

The problem with Caedyn, or perhaps an admirable trait to some, was that he disliked the idea of having to hide who he was, even to those who would do him harm. As a Jedi Knight, this was a role in life that he had always laid out openly to one and all, feeling no reason to keep it hidden as if it were something to be ashamed of.
In a Galaxy such as theirs, it could be seen in a sense of naive honesty, but to Caedyn that's exactly what it was all about; being transparent and honest both to himself as well as to those around him. Naturally, his identity could be used to hurt him in the long run, but as long as Caedyn did his best to be the best sort of man he knew how to be, then it was in his duty and responsibility to offer to the Galaxy.

In tow of Diana, Caedyn moved swiftly and silently out the first short distance in order to gain a better view of the terrain before them. As Diana peered through her binos, the Jedi Knight listened to the flow of the Force surrounding them both, searching for any hint of impending danger. Beyond the presence of lifeforms coming from the direction of their objective, he couldn't feel any urgent threat between the pair and the building itself.

Raising a hand in polite decline of the bino's Diana offered to share with him, Caedyn responded to her suggestion with a curt nod. "I'd have expected there to be one or two spotters at the very least, but I'm not picking up on anything between us and our objective. They don't appear to have been expecting company" he remarked. Their arrival by starship hadn't been enough to kick up a fuss from what they could see thus far into the approach.

"Ladies first" he encouraged Diana with a slight smirk and a hint of humour, gesturing for her to lead on. Caedyn would remain in position until she had reached the first point of cover, keeping an eye out for her as she took up point, and only then proceeding to follow once she was in a position to offer him the same overwatch.

Equipment: Prosthetics, Armor (K22 armor), Diana original lightsaber +attachment rods.
Inspirational music

He refused her binoculars. Through a set of calm breathes she could feel the force flow through her. There was no chance for her to put her defences up before she felt the force within the man next to her. She had never believed in such a thing as good or bad force sides, only in the application the user put into it. So when she felt a soft, kind-hearted energy from the man, she was glad to work together with him. Another kind smile was thrown his way as she nodded. His comment to let 'ladies first', made her chuckle. As she looked at him she nodded and dropped low. Eyes left, soft green light shimmer in the eyes to see clearly. Eyes right, soft green light shimmer in the eyes to see clearly. No one in sight... did they really not have someone on watch?

Her breath formed a small cloud, cool air escaped her as she breathed and she got to her full length. Readying her body, the springs in her leg whined softly under the tension. Her arm whirred as a cog inside made a rod spin wildly to prepare for the incoming exertion. She dashed, Force powers put into her legs as she rushed to the wall. Putting her left leg, metal of its own and now with her heavy metal armour even more so, down as she arrived on her destination. She had moved so fast the heel sunk away in the dirt a bit as the force pushed her leg, extended before her to be a break. She stopped and gently let her body collide against the wall. A soft scraping of the metal as it calmed down she looked back.

Her ears perked up. Voices behind her indicated a group of natives bustling just behind the wall. Their voices seemingly in disarray as something had them bothered. As of now that meant they did not have a means of splitting their focus. This was either the best, or worst case scenario. Either they would rush out sooner or later, or they would bunker up here and then they would be easy pickings. Her eyes caught the man who was to be her second. She perked her hands to her ear, indicating audible contact as she pointed at him. A smile that almost seemed to say
'men second' in response to his comment earlier, appeared on her face as she gestured to him to join her.

If he appeared next to her she would mouth to him;

"Multiple inside, circle back or go through the front?"

She pointed at the corner an odd 10 meters to their left, followed by the front door. It wasn't like she had no preference, her hands, holding the weapons of choice were heavy in her hands. It would be likely that they had to fight these people, and add to the atrocities in a minor way to ensure that no more atrocities would be committed here. But it made her feel no better. Her military heart could not protect her from those feelings, and the force within her was controlled by the amount of experience this woman had within the field. She knew what was going to happen if they entered, and was ready. But not prepared all the same.

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
Objective Two - Visions of Death
Allies: Edep Kre Edep Kre | Aberrant | Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Omen listened quietly as the Knight detailed their purpose. He had only one question on his mind. "Knight, forgive me for my lack of wanting to adventure into a minefield underground but if the Bryn sabotaged the tunnels to make them collapse on our heads once we set foot in them, won't it be best to leave the tunnels to professional miners once the shooting has stopped?"

He glanced at the cloaked monster beside him before continuing. The other didn't know what really was under that black cloak but he did. Those massive hidden form of the Bryn hybrid is what allow him to contain her in the first place and that in tunnels that may be only a couple feet tall just gave off a bad idea vibe. "Plus some of us aren't as effictive in a constricted space if we have to fight it out. Either way, I say we focus on the tower first, just like you just said, and make the tunnels a very distant second. Other than that, no questions."

He waited for the others to voice any concerns, curious of what they were going to say.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais

Tags: Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica .

Diana crossed the clearing with a graceful speed that few could perform without training in the Force. Were it not for their shared circumstance, her agility would have been a sight to behold. Yet, her movements were taken out of necessity rather than the art of such a performance. The Knights Obsidian was indeed a gifted organization. They shared some familiar ideologies akin to those Caedyn was first trained in alongside the Je'daii. Not too alike, but just enough to feel comfortable in his fresh recruitment into their ranks.

When Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica turned and motioned for Caedyn to join her in something of an amusing manner, the Jedi Knight responded first with a grin before pushing off from his position, summoning the Force itself to fuel his body into an impeccable and unnatural launch. Caedyn's every step would be inaudible to those within the building ahead. His movements suppressed using the Force to augment his body mass, ascending into a silent dash until he too would reach the far wall nearby his companion. Skidding the last meter or so until his left side touched down against cover.

"Multiple inside, circle back or go through the front?".

The Jedi Knight shared in the woman's own concerns. Caedyn had no wish to see lives lost there, yet the odds of securing the building compound without a fight were slim to none. "Do you have anything to immobilize them?" he asked, while at the same time pulling his Side-Arm from the holster against his left side, ejecting the magazine to reveal non-lethal stun rounds. The CS.38 was a customized slugthrower pistol that Caedyn had commissioned for himself. In its current state, the gun remained semi-automatic with a laser and suppressor attached, perfect for this sort of assignment. It wasn't often that Caedyn was seen utilizing a firearm, but then he had spent a great deal of time in the Outer Rim Territories, having learned it was better to have the side-arm and not need it vice versa.

The chances that his companion carried the same caliber of a weapon were slim, he guessed. He had to ask yet prepared to resort to their blades and seek to disarm the thugs inside. If the Force willed it, and their opponents weren't suicidal, then perhaps the worst that would be incurred might be a lost limb or two, otherwise preserving their lives so that they could still learn from their ill-chosen career paths.

"The least we can do is offer them the chance to surrender themselves..." Caedyn suggested although the rate of which that actually resulted in a peaceful resolution was far lower than he'd care to admit. Those prone to such an illicit lifestyle were hardly eager to submit themselves to the consequences of their actions.

wWNP9w5.png

O B J E C T I V E: I I
Kyyrk slowed his speeder bike as the shots rang out behind him. Runar Ulfsson Runar Ulfsson hadn't wasted time eliminating the threat posed against his team. Kyyrk admired that about him. He'd spent enough time in warzones to recognize a good soldier when he saw one. He swung his bike around calling out to Warlock, "Take your bike and retrieve Hunter. Continue the patrol, I'm going to stay and help them. Take my bike to replace hers." As the bikes drifted back towards the building, the Comm channels lit up once more.

"This is Reaper 1-2 to Titan, we have successfully pushed out the pirates from the immediate area, we are gathering our wounded and calling for medevac before continuing deeper into the town, how copy?"

"I read you, Reaper. Standby, returning to your position. Titan out." Kyyrk parked his bike near the building, and stepped off as Warlock sped up past him. Kyyrk turned towards the building as he removed his helmet. He clipped it to his utility belt at the small of his back as he walked across the street. He could see movement within, the Soldiers picking themselves up from what was otherwise a nasty shootout. Kyyrk entered the building, looking around at the death caused by the pirates. He was respectful of what the soldiers had sacrificed, but wasted no time in walking up to Duran. "Sir." Kyyrk looked down at the boy Duran was kneeling over. Another casualty.

"Knight Verros, Medjai Order. I'm re-tasking to assist your team with this city. My team will find another target, and help as they can there." Kyyrk's gaze shifted to the man as he put his helmet back on. Kyyrk offered no acknowledgement of the man's rank, but there was a sense of secrecy about it. This man may be a Knight, but he knew better than to call attention to the senior officer while in sniper range. "What do you need me to do?"

0mHCE6Q.png

rgtS7Uf.png
z79VfSS.png

He heard the footsteps as the man walked up next to him, his eyes scanned over the man known as Titan, he addressed himself as Knight Verros, he just gave a slight nod and glanced out towards the buildings that stretched out in front of him, his view obstructed from the flaming wrecks they had created in their skirmish with pirates.

"First thing first, call me sir and I'll leave you here on this heth hole, the names Carr. I'll take it once but next time I won't be forgiving, but you do seem like a man who has seen his fair share of fighting, so I'll assign you with me and the rest of our boys that are still able to kick around the swamp rats out there hiding in this cesspool. These were just drones in the cog of this little village we got here, but I know that there are some blue-blooded bastards out there waiting for us and if you fall one step out of line you're gonna be in the next body bag out of here."

The large man let out a whistle and the able-bodied men cleared the building creating a perimeter around the front door as Carr stepped out and motioned towards the far side of the village. Carr began to jog, the remnants of his squad began to bound to the next set of cover as they moved towards the outskirts of the village.

"We got half a dozen men to work with, if you got any of that fancy crap up your sleeves it'd be a heck of a lot to change the tide of this fight. The rest of my squad is spread out across the planet, I was tasked with taking this town with the twenty-four boys you see around you and lying in pain behind us."

Slowly the squad of men began to check the buildings one by one pair of two beginning to clear out the rooms of each building as Carr sat at a doorway in the further most house of that the squad had reached too. The squad kept continued their diligence three groups of two moving from building to building, each of them coming up empty.

"Frag!"

Carr heard the scream before the flash, the explosion rocking a house as he ran over, a soldier laid against a wall smoke covering his chest, hacking as he sat there. "You gonna make it Johnson?" Carr asked leaning down towards the man, inserting his medpac into the soldier's arm.

The man gave a slight nod as he rose up, shots began to ring out, hitting the buildings that the squads had found themselves in whilst they were clearing them out. Carr and two others were in one building, whilst two other groups of two were in buildings stacked relatively close to the one Carr was in.

"Come on Verros go show me what you wizards can do!"

xvnTPsW.png

wWNP9w5.png

Kyyrk humphed quietly to himself, a wry grin on his face. "Didn't realize they had the grunts running this operation." Kyyrk's irreverent jest was soon followed by a rather serious look as he turned to survey the rest of the troops. There weren't many of them, and if reports WERE true that the Bryn'adul were actually hiding deeper in the village, then they were in for one hell of a fight. Kyyrk jogged along side Duran as they moved deeper into the village. He returned his faceless helmet to his head, listening intently to Duran's brief, but also surveying the area around them.

When the grenade exploded, and Duran yelled for Kyyrk to show him what a wizard could do, Kyyrk was already long gone. As if he had simply vanished from thin air. But as the blaster fire began to ring out, a new sound cut through the uproar. A lightsaber. Through the alleyways, glimses could be seen of a white light, and an equally white armor twisting and weaving through the enemy ranks. The pirates quickly realized they were being attacked on two fronts. From the screams, it was evident they did not know what was attacking them, nor from where it came.

As the Pirates began to pour into the street peppering the soldiers and their cover with blaster fire, Kyyrk moved to draw their fire. His favorite method was hit and run. Make the enemy question their own senses. But this group was too organized. No, this fight he would have to win the old fashioned way. So, he knelt behind a wall, and waited. "Grenade." It was the only warning Duran and his men had. Across the street was a walled garden. It was from here that Kyyrk struck. When the Pirates drew near to it, the wall shattered. The explosion was large enough that a detonator could be the only reasonable explanation. And yet when the dust settled, Kyyrk stood with nothing but a Lightsaber and an outstretched hand.

The pirates paused, turning their blasters on this new opponent. But that was a mistake. Kyyrk's blade spun to life, deflecting bolt after bolt into the ground, the walls, or worse, back to their origin. But that was not all. Spurts of flame and Ice spewed from the man's wrists, and shots of his own were fired. The shootout in the streets was turning into carnage....

rgtS7Uf.png
z79VfSS.png

Blaster fire rang out as the pirates held what few men he had left against the buildings, Carr laying down his best attempt at suppressing fire from his position. The clashing colors of their blaster fire against the incoming green blaster bolts that the enemy was spewing back towards them. Smoke and dust filled the area as blaster bolts took chunks away from the sides of buildings as the squad sat behind cover.

Carr could barely keep up with his movements, he always came out of the corner of his eyes, watching as a pirate would fall on one side of the line and then seemingly another would disappear on the other. "Grenade." This was the only warning he got, and every one of his men knew what it meant and put their heads down, the explosion rocking the structure around them.

As soon as the dust settled they heard the whirring of a lightsaber, the noise shaking them from their spots, the squad began to reign death upon the conglomeration of pirates with an unyielding fury, watching as one after another they were cut down. The streets filled with the bodies of those who harbored the savages of the Bryn'adûl.

The dust settled and Carr got up from the building he and a few of his men had hunkered down in, he made his way over to where the Knight now stood and he looked down at the bodies laid at his feet. Carr gave a body a slight nudge with the toe of his foot, "What are they fighting for? Glory? Gold? Home? I hope it was worth it, and may their souls rest in peace, for all the good it does them where they are going. Nice work Titan, but that is a terrible name for you, Prowler or something sneaky fits your guerilla-style more, but who am I to judge." Carr glanced up towards Verros before his commlink crackled to life.

"Reaper 1-2 this is Reaper 1-Actual how Copy?"

"Go ahead for Reaper 1-2"

"I got possible Bryn activity five clicks southwest of your position how copy?"

"Ten-four Reaper 1-2 copies, we're making our way to their position now, Reaper 1-2 out."

His attention drew back to the Knight that was standing beside him, "I got some new intel on the position of the Bryn in the village, let's get a move on before the blue-blooded bastards get the slip on us."

Carr began to move towards the southwest, his men forming a loose wedge behind him as he moved down the side streets, their careful clearing of buildings ditched for speed, their guns held up as they moved at a quicker pace. Their helmets scanned the buildings as they walked by them, making sure to check for any booby traps as they went. He couldn't lose anyone else.

xvnTPsW.png

O B J E C T I V E
5ec430fd382a5316ef847efe19f609a5.jpg

Tag: Gir Quee Gir Quee
Equipment:

Felix would nod, while it hadn't been a concern, the last thing that he had wanted was there to be something between the Silver Consortium and himself, first impressions were often everything in deals like this. But, perhaps this was one he was able to let go, "I agree. Time is of no consequence, It's a lot of money. What matters most is fixing these worlds, and with our tools working together we will be able to repair hundreds of them, undoing the damage in years instead of centuries. I'm certain that you will deliver as quickly as you can." Felix's gaze would move towards the windows at the bridge, as the scientist would approach him with additional questions. Felix would open his datapads files on the matter in order to answer as best he could.

The questions were excellent, of that there was no doubt. Many of them ones he and his scientists worried over during early production. Felix was almost excited to hear them so that he would be able to explain them away. "Thankfully, while adaptation and mutation are possibilities, after extensive testing on Pi III, we found that adaptations and mutations that occur tend to be rather minor due to the age acceleration and the fact that the organism is plant based, the organism doesn't have time or the means to adapt as well in that way. But of those that it have developed adaptations, they tend to be acclimitizations to environments, denser protien shelling and the like for cold environments." He would smile, opening a hologram of the statistics.

"Additionally, the organisms are in effect clones of one another, each original strand that we begin with is genetically identical, which helps in reducing variations. Finally, If all else fails, there is an inert virus we have bred to introduce to their population which will kill the culture and itself. It prevents them from reproducing through mitosis, harmless to even other bacteria. The culture is rather sensitive to the right stimuli, and it doesn't have the time-frame to react and adapt." Felix would hand over the datapad so that it could be examined, the full scope of Chlorocumulus Caeli -C.

"Once its built an Ozone from nothing, cleaned and oxygenated the planet and warmed it, its dead cells will rain down on your soil, fertalizing it better than volcanic ash. The planet could have forests and renewed wildlife in years. Accelerated by this machine, maybe even faster." he'd finish the practiced pitch, painting eutopean results for a product that in many cases did exactly that. Felix was getting results that his satellites had been deployed and were moving into position. The first having arrived and was beginning to engage its shield projector ring.
jHiLsO.png

wWNP9w5.png

Kyyrk deactivated his blade, and stowed it upon his shoulder. His faceless helmet turned to look at the bodies laying in the streets as Duran waxed poetic about their motivations. "Why do any of us do anything?" His helmet turned towards Duran. "Doesn't matter to me, and at this point, it doesn't matter to them either. Whatever they chose to fight for, I'll respect it. Though I'd respect it more if they lived to talk about it..." Kyyrk trailed off, looking up and around at the streets.

His gaze turned back to Duran as he informed the squad of his discovery. Kyyrk frowned under his helmet. Bryn'adul were still here? That fact may complicate things. Kyyrk walked in the middle of the formation, drawing his sidearm so as to be helpful should shooting start anew. "The buildings are clear. I will warn you if they are not. We should move quickly and quietly. The Bryn will not take kindly to an incursion. Better that we get the drop on them, than they us."

Jedi, Negotiator, Bothan

Allies: Caedyn Arenais | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Aberrant

Edep would nod his hellos to the fellow Knight and their Padawan, then his hellos to the rest of the rather misfit gang. He would have figured this would be an operation for Jedi and Jedi alone, but he wasn't the one in charge. He listened to everyone speak, letting the others speak a moment before nodding gently to what the Sergeant said.

"No questions, but I have a suggestion. We need to move quickly. If I know anything about Combat Engineer teams, they have a habit of getting places quicker than the soldiers clearing their operating zone can make it safe."

He would look at their marry band and smirk a bit, "Besides, once we clear the tower we can head down and help cover those teams of Engineers clearing the tunnels. Cause I know they aren't worth a damn at fending for themselves in a firefight, especially against a foe they might face here."

Edep also wanted to get things done quicker in general... He wanted to get to the actual rehabilitation of this world, not just the eradication of the lingering monsters that still occupied this city's streets. The quicker towers are cleared, enemies killed, the sooner people who used to call this place home can return, and maybe, just maybe, this city could be a gem once again someday.

Aberrant

A
Objective 2: Visions of Death
Location: NovaLift-class Assault Dropship Blue Three, en route to Salyrini
Equipment: M30 Sear Grenades (x2) | Quilxyn Shield | Jedi Recon Armor | Tattered Cloak
Tags: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Edep Kre Edep Kre

Dull amber orbs regarded the recognition from Travot. A faint smile creases the corners of her eyes as she thought on the man's face and name. Sorting through old memories was a task in and of itself, never mind the smaller jumbled things that seemed to blend together.

"I favored the lecture hall, and the meditation rooms. Former Knight Farina Galland if that rings a bell." She informed them before chuckling at an intrusive thought that she shared. "I was shorter then."

The mention of mines got a small nod from her. She moved to the front of the group, careful to not brush against anyone before pausing in front of Travot.

"I can take point through the area. Most mines give off a subsonic signature. But..." A devilish grin appeared as eyes flared bright gold leaning in towards Travot, face to face before she spoke again. "Only when you get close enough."

A soft cackle finished her explanation as she drew back. Her steps light as she moved past him, clawed hands keeping the edges of her cloak pulled tight as she set off towards their destination. She was headed for the tower first, clearing a makeshift barrier as she moved with large strides.

Travot listened intently to the group starting with Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , carefully considering their thoughts as they spoke. Combat leadership was a role he had been thrust into by the war, not one he particularly cherished nor did he feel good at it. But the man was a reasonably good fighter and experienced enough in fighting the Bryn that simple attrition had put him in the role, despite his own misgivings. He didn't like the traditional top-down chain of command found in most militaries and preferred more to collaborate with those he considered to be his equals, which included all of those that voiced their concerns. He noted with some satisfaction that he at least was partially of the same mind as Edep Kre Edep Kre .

"I think Edep is right about the tunnels. Any engineering personnel we send there are going to be too vulnerable to the Bryn'adul if it gets down to fighting. We will likely send in the disposable synthetic soldiers and battle droids first underground before I risk our own lives in such an endeavor. But there are powerful Bryn'adul warriors and creatures to which they might not be able to win against - and that's where we might come in. We can't simply let the Bryn'adul linger there and create more problems above ground by ignoring them. Their handiwork underground is what cause much of the city's devastation. To answer Knight Kre, the second wave of ships is supposed to bring us some field engineer droids specifically designed for tunneling operations - so we hopefully shouldn't have to worry about that immediately unless they arrive ahead of schedule- but that's almost a problem that's solved by our current problem. If we don't clear the tower quick enough, the Bryn'adul in the tower might shoot down our second wave, meaning that we won't have any field engineer droids to clear the underground tunnels of wreckage. But there's a lot of unknowns with the underground portion. Are the tunnels still there? What state of repair are they in? Are there any Bryn'adul or other trespassers in them? Are they booby-trapped? I'm going to send a message request to our orbiting warships for a more detailed sensor scan of the underground area, to the best of their ability, to see if we can get a clearer picture before we send any of our droids down there."

He turned his head briefly to face Aberrant - noting that he found himself with more questions regarding her than he had previously. The man had heard of organics being genetically altered or forced into the Bryn'adul service - a parallel he recalled with the Yuuzhan Vong's incursion in the galaxy hundreds of years ago prior. He could only imagine the pain and terror that such an experience almost must certainly have brought her. Empathy that was tempered only by the possibility that such an experience might have turned her towards the dark side at one point of her ordeal. He regarded somberly.

"I am glad that you are with us again. I'd like to have a drink with you when this is all over with, if you don't mind and have the time. But we should get moving now - before our lack of progress gives the others trouble."

The large man started forward, with his padawan quickly following in tow. With the wave of a hand, he directed squad of NORCOM infantry forward. The insectiod L4 Auxilia Droid clammered forward, providing a mobile deflector shield that provided protection to the group as they approached the government tower. The upper stories of it had been completely leveled during the siege when one of the Bryn'adul starships had crashed into it - the lower levels had remained unscathed by defensive deflector shields that had been array around it. But it appeared that the Bryn'adul had started some sort of remodelling over it - or at least had done something to the tower when they had removed the massive starship - as the top several stories didn't appear to be original to the man's eyes -and he knew it well. The man had fought in the very building during the city's fall to the alien horde. They approached tower, and Travot found himself relieved that not a single shot had rung out against them from the twelve remaining stories of the building. They passed through the ruined doorway and found themselves plunged into darkness as they entered the building. Suddenly, a bright burst of slugthrower fire ripped from behind the front desk and into their group. Travot instinctively dove towards the ground even as some of the synthetic soldiers, heedless of any sort of self-preservation, automatically fired back at the defenders.

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
The beskar covered warrior quietly nodded as the Jedi spoke and chuckled softly to himself as Aberrant said how she could trigger. Why did I think she was going to say that... At the end of the conversation, it was clear that the group was roughly in agreement then. "Shut down the tower while the fleet gives us more data on the tunnels, sounds like a reasonable plan. Lead on."

The Mando Warrior shadowed the NORCOM squad under the mobile shield generator as they advanced into the massive tower. Thankfully, no snipers tried to attempt to fight through the blue-colored shield's power. It was only once the party got inside the ramshackle structure, that the occupiers opened fire. The flashes of their slugthrowers and ramshackle weaponry lit up from all 12 floors as makeshift mining explosives started to rain down from the upper floors. Thankfully, most of the explosives either didn't detonate or detonated prematurely creating flashes of light in the air and illuminating the various Bryn species trying to take their heads off. Only one explosive managed to do any damage but that one explosive took the leg clean off one of the NORCOM soldiers as he tried to grab some cover. Omen himself did a combat roll behind one of the barely up to building code pillars and managed to throw a frag towards the front desk where the first shots came from, resulting in a broken-to-pieces front desk and beast-like wail that confirmed that the Mando had got his mark. "Take cover as best you can. Let the monster take on the higher floors while you focus on the lower ones. We will see this through Troops! STAND BY THE JEDI!" His little speech was enough to get the NORCOM soldiers to recover their shock from losing their comrade and started firing torrents of blaster fire from their weapons into the Bryn-held lower floors. This might be a long battle with many setbacks but eventually, they would win the war. All the matter now is how much this victory cost...

Edep Kre Edep Kre , Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna , Aberrant

David lurched through the ruined city, finding more and more evidence of his slain brothers handiwork.

The carnage they had inflicted in their fight had been incalculable. The fact that so many dead Bryn'adul surrounded the shattered Skeletons of his siblings was testament to their valor and will to kill the beasts. The battle had been so devastating apparently, that not even a real stronghold was set up...things still looked as ruined as it did when he had shut down.

He kept off main streets, moving between ruined alleys, dead hulk's of vehicles. He was close to the mark before the authorities would be informed of his presence.

He grew emotional the more he got deeper into the city. So many of his brothers dead. How many of his brothers had been lost?

David stopped, examining another destroyed Model 1. He began searching it. This one had killed many with a single shot, breech loading Shatter Sniper Rifle, likely of its own make. Looked sort of like a Tusken Rifle. Probably what it had been adapted from.

The Soldier Droid found two rounds of forty five caliber armor piercing rifle slugs, and a smoke grenade.

The sound of a combat shuttle overhead made him dive under a crashed Bryn'adul gunship, with a crashed TIE Silencer that had been flown by a Nuetralizer not far off. David aimed down the scope, observed it's patrol movements. SJC colors.

David watched it fly off to gunfire in the distance. Evidently they had bigger problems.

He crawled out from under the wreck, then decided to search the fallen silencer when he heard a snap hiss that made him turn.

It was a Jedi Knight.

"Surrender, abomination..." The Jedi Knight said, face covered by one of their impassive temple guard masks.

David pulled down his tattered hood, revealing his damaged state and missing Jaw...

"You any good with that blade, Son?"

"Your master has much to answer for. A captured Nuetralizer could provide great insight into her operations... willingly or otherwise."

"I'm not interested in your demise..." David replied casually, pointing his ACP Array gun at the Jedi.

"And I didn't spend Mother Knows how long in that damn tunnel just to get detained by some random NPC-lookin' Mother fether that doesn't even look like he's leveled past 007..."

"Enough of your mindless quips, Automaton. I'd prefer your obedience, but I suppose we can learn just as much from ripping out your memory circuits."

"I am a Nuetralizer, ready to die. Take my head if you can."

The Model 1 felt himself get yanked forward by telekinesis toward the Lightsaber. Only quick thinking saved him for he batted it aside with his arm, covered in Cortosis Weave Durasteel, reached out to try and choke him as the shotgun tumbled from his grasp, only to be Force pushed away and violently slammed into an overturned speeder repeatedly.

His internal hud went haywire for a few moments from the impacts. The Jedi was taking no chances. He was well aware how tough a Model 1 was.

David was dragged across the ground, shearing off some of his armor, then slammed into another vehicle. He felt a servo in his knee crack and one of his photo receptors went out.

He could only raise his hands as a speeder door hit him at high speed sending him flying and skidding across the ground.

"You and your kin are nothing but butchers..." The Jedi said sternly lifting him up with his mind.

David was slammed into the ground violently again.

"A mistake, crafted by a heartless traitor with no understanding of what it truly meant to be Jedi."

"Go to hell..." David snapped. This earned him another slam to the ground. Two fingers on his left hand snapped off.

"Like the hell your fellows put my friends through at Generis, at Ziost? And how many other battles your wretched creator had no right to interfere in?" The Jedi asked. "She will be brought to justice for her crimes, and hopefully the mistakes she created will join her in the scrap heap..."

"My brothers and sisters are the flails of Mother. If you had not committed great sins, Mother would not have set us upon you. But you are a wicked, judgmental cult obsessed with the Sith, so much that you'd let the Galaxy burn..." David snapped back defiantly having spotted a sparking generator in the speeder he had slammed into. Still juice in the thing, and his wireless Droid Source Ripper was still intact...

"I'll not be judged by a mere mindless hunk of blinking wires..." The Jedi snapped back.

"If I'm just a mindless hunk of blinking wires...why are you talking then?" David asked, dipping into his Psychological Warfare Database to distract him, while his Source Ripper quietly hacked the controls on the speeder.

"Look around you, pathetic worm..." David said gesturing to the shattered Skeletons of his brothers, surrounded by Bryn'adul corpses. "Behold the glory of The Nuetralizers and their Mother. Even in our defeat, we taste the triumph of doing what your order couldn't even dream of: making the Lobster's truly bleed for once, on an individual level. Whole swaths of their Juggernauts lay dead around us, though we ourselves were destroyed. If your Knight's were truly committed, their corpse too would be surrounded by their enemies now in eternal forced worship of their great deeds in battle."

"You and your brothers are a walking insult to the brave people who gave their lives here." The Jedi snapped back, growing angrier.

"You are the insult. If you could have, you would have evacuated everyone rather than fight, and then put out the welcome mat for the Lobsters." David replied coldly.

He was slammed brutally into a light post.

"We have fought only in the best way we could have. 'Your' master--"

"Mother." David corrected maliciously, still in the grip of his telekinesis.

"I will not feed into the preprogrammed delusions of an Automaton. Your Master imposed herself here like a sore as she has at every other battle she could get her grimy claws into. She has attempted to thwart the will of history, of the Force, and after you aid us in putting a stop to it you and the rest of your wretched kind will be scrapped and forgotten, as you deserve to. I shall help put an end to your mystique here and now, by delivering you as a broken heap so that the rest of the Galaxy may see you as what you truly are, a defective machine created by a psychopath, and of no real threat to those who follow the will of the Force."

"Oh really. That's lovely. Your friends died screaming at Generis." David sneered.

Just as he was about to be pulled apart at the limbs, he successfully hacked the speeder controls, and set it's thrusters to overload. The speeder rocketed towards the Jedi at high speed on a collision course.

The Jedi sensed the danger and managed to stop the speeder just before it could reach him, but such focus was required it allowed David to move the arm with the Paddle Beamer into place, and fire it on full auto.

The Jedi could stop the Speeder, hold David in place, and even quite a few of the bolts. But he couldn't stop all of them. Four got through, hitting him square in the chest. He was instantly paralyzed, and the speeder barely avoided him, slamming into the ruins of a convenience store.

David dropped to the ground, his opponent totally paralyzed.

He forced himself up, now walking with a limp as he staggered towards the Jedi, picking up his rifle and shotgun. He pointed it at the helpless Jedi's head.

"I would gain great prestige amongst my siblings for killing your sorry ass..." David snapped. "The fact that I beat you even while heavily damaged would gain me innumerable accolades from Mother. She would personally give me an oil bath. An oil bath! David exclaimed angrily.

Then he lowered the shotgun.

"But you aren't worth it. I would sooner be crushed in a compactor, sent to the Great Droid Boogie in the Sky, shiny and chrome, early, then have you as one of my eternal, forced worshippers..."

David then staggered off, but not before taking his foe's Lightsaber as a trophy, and numerous other supplies, finding a Transceiver beacon for a nearby ship.

"Thanks for the ride, clown..." David said, starting to walk and follow the signal to the ship...

rgtS7Uf.png
z79VfSS.png

He gave a nod towards the Knight, the added perk of someone that could use these hidden powers allowed for his small team to be semi-safe from anything that could sneak up on them, he was like a personal radar for the small group.

His boots crunched softly into the ground beneath his feet, his eyes glanced around as he held the front of the squad, his men moving behind him staggered out to not be too close to one another. He could barely hear it, but a distinct snap could be heard in front of the squad. He put his right hand up in a fist before kneeling down, signaling the squad to do the same.

The squad behind Carr knelt down, each of them facing a different direction, their eyes moving at a one hundred eighty degrees scan as they kept their guns up, their eyes and ears listening out for anyone that would attempt to come upon the group. Carr knew they were exposed, being in a street like this was a shooting corridor, he wanted to get out of it, but there weren't any better places to go for the moment, all he could do was hope they could duck down an alleyway if they came under any fire.

Duran glanced up towards Verros, his eyes glancing over his squad before looking out in front of him. Looking over the buildings he tried to find one that would be easily defendable, most of them being one story with little cover didn't do much to his hopes, finally, his eyes noticed a decent two-story building a little further down the road they were on. He put his arm up with a flat hand he pointed forward, his whole squad rising with him as they began to move towards the building.

Duran looked at Verros once more, "When we get to the building, I am going to have the squad take up a defensive stance whilst we go and scout out any movement from those bastards who are still infesting this fething place so we can start pushing them out and hopefully get them to leave this planet alone, any questions?"

xvnTPsW.png

Equipment: Prosthetics, Armor (K22 armor), Diana original lightsaber +attachment rods.
Inspirational music

With a small nod the woman lowered her weapon. The man who seconded her here was not wrong in his assessment. She simply didn't carry any weapon that could not be deadly in some way. However with a small sigh she hooked the saber to her belt and instead took the bright red rod that was to be used as an attachment rod in her hand. The metal fingers curl around it as the heavy counterweight now would serve as a field-tech Morningstar.

"I simply hope we don't get into the situation that we have to fight them... though should any of them be dangerous then we will have to do something... But lets hope we don't have to do something like that."

She then tightened her grip. Her knuckles would have turned white with the pressure as she had not a metal hand instead. Her frame slowly arched up to reveal the armour's plates curved and surprisingly flexible nature. She pointed at the door, counted down on her fingers next to her, so her companion could see it.

She dashed to the other side off the door and then threw the door open. Rushing in with a tactical low center-point of gravity and as much speed as she could muster with the force. The situation before her was extremely disorganized. To her left 3 men, of which one was half hidden from view by a small wall. In the middle a group of the odd 4 or 5 aliens that seemed to be exchanging packages and started hysterically screaming the second the door opened. They stood around a fire that would surely be anything but safe, but the packages they held seemed to bulge with what seemed to be rations. The right side was swarmed with a good group of heavily beaten hostages, guarded by 4 heavily armoured and armed aliens.

"Hands up, we don't wish to hurt you, but we will should you resist."

Diana's voice was feminine, but it was seeping with the full intent to honour her plight should it turn out that such a thing was needed. Her eyes, shimmering with the green glow the force provided, dashed across the room. The room was nothing more then a school assembly room. It wasn't big, but could house a good 5 or 6 classroom worth of people in it. Should anyone wish it then a sizable group of people could fit within these walls. But why were there only so few here... were there more further into the building? Or was this group more heavily armed then they expected. With a nod Diana gestured to her companion that they should be careful and keep an eye out to any cause for concern.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais

Nearby: Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica .
Objective Tags: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Aberrant | Edep Kre Edep Kre

Caedyn nodded firmly in acknowledgement to his companion Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica as they prepared to infiltrate the hostiles make-shift base, a school once used for Sarkan's learning.

The Jedi Knight was quick to follow the woman's lead, his CS.38 gripped tightly within his two hands, primed and ready to be fired if that's what it came to. Loaded with stun rounds, they would impact and immobilize with a non-fatal yet powerful shock that was capable of spreading throughout armours that contained alloys or otherwise contact with the human body that would cause the muscles to spasm uncontrollably, rendering the target temporarily paralyzed.

"Hands up, we don't wish to hurt you, but we will should you resist."
Caedyn moved behind Diana, the slugthrower rising once she was clear of his line of sight, holding it towards the scavengers and thugs in the first room. The iron sights moved quickly from one person to the next as sharply as his gaze, gauging and scrutinizingly watching their actions and movements while Diana called for their surrender.

"Under the authority of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, you are all to stand down immediately" The Jedi Knight declared in support of his partners demand. The Force would be felt by Diana as though spoken through Caedyn's tone of voice. Calling upon the flow of energies within their environment, woven into his words in order to manipulate the criminals' minds, attempting to persuade them all to stand down without a fight.

Under most circumstances, Caedyn would have refrained from using telepathic manipulation upon anyone. In this case, however, he felt it was a better alternative compared to what would most likely result in violence. Despite carrying a non-fatal slug-thrower, there were still risks that a bad shot could do some real harm, or a blow taken in their being dropped that could do more than simply immobilize their targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom