Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Luxury and Usury (SO Dominion of Eliad)

Eliad-dom.png
Dominion of Eliad
878 ABY
As the reach of the Sith expands into the Kathol Sector many new opportunities have arisen that are ripe for the taking. Eliad is one such planet now within the gaze of the Sith Order, a planet of luxury items and noble lineages that make the world valuable for the connections and resources that it can offer to our cause.​
Our expansion into the region has not gone unnoticed by the world and already a handful of the noble houses have reached out to begin discussions of Eliad's annexation rather than conquest. News of our advances, while having spread rapidly, haven't deterred some of the locals from their daily routines as many believe that we can be brought to the table and discuss the fate of Eliad peacefully.​
While many would live in ignorance or hope of our advance though, the planet is not united in this attitude. Already the planet’s main spaceport has been locked down from any and all traffic and we have reports of several noble families preparing their personal militias to stand against our forces when they arrive. They cannot be allowed to halt our growth.​
The planet of luxury stands on the precipice of our blade, it is time to determine whether it shall be pierced or spared.​
Objective 1: Noble Nuisances.
The planet of Eliad is dominated by many influential noble families and houses, with most of the resources of the planet being controlled by said nobles.​
A fair number of the nobles have seen the advantages in submitting to our rule and as such we have been invited to one of the many castles dotting the planet in order to discuss the terms of their inclusion into our growing realm.​
They may drive hard bargains, but one way or another we will ensure their loyalty.​

Objective 2: Clearing The Way.
Although we’ve managed to bring some of the noble families to the table, and bribe many others into neutrality during our invasion, several are intent on holding onto their independence and have taken up arms against us.​
The Eliad Spaceport is one of the most important assets on the planet, being the main import and export of the planet itself. These nobles and their soldiers have assumed full control of it and its defenses in order to slow our invasion. Whether we want to force the rest of the planet to submit by holding their main economic asset or by conquering them with our armies, we will need that spaceport.​
Take it by any means necessary.​
Objective 3: Business or Pleasure.
In order to gain some leverage with the criminal underground we have promised them some prime relics and luxurious items that would otherwise cost them a fortune to acquire for themselves.​
Several new exhibits at the Grand Museum of Eliad should allow us to acquire exactly what we need to fulfill those promises, as well as a few choice pieces for personal usage.​
Raid the museum and appropriate their valuables for Sith usage.​

Objective I... Sort of.
Operation: Turn More Nobles
Exiles.
That was who had made up the initial smattering of nobility that founded and built upon this wealthy world. Outcasts and sycophants who had fallen from favour. As he exited Beholder, clad in an outfit not immediately befitting a Sith - at least, it didn't scream darkness and angst - Arcturus glanced over the opulent castle and shook his head. He had with him a dozen men who fell in line behind him, silent and still.
A group of guards immediately exited the doorway ahead of him, though before they could encircle his ship the boarding ramp disappeared and soon after the ship did too. The sound of its thrusters marked its actual retreat into the air, though it was impossible to tell exactly where it lingered. It may have hovered only a few feet up, or perhaps it had dispersed into the mountains. Either way, he didn't seem at all fazed by it.
"Lord Dystra" he said, taking one step forward from his men to approach those guards despite their raised weapons which trailed him. "I would speak with him." One of the guards scoffed, another two stepped forward and primed their weapons. The first shot struck his energy shield and dissipated with a ripple, and by the time the second came Arcturus' lightsaber was in hand, red blade ignited and redirecting the bolt back to its sender.
The steady thrum of his hilt seemed to stall the others. When it seemed as though none were set on shooting any further he disignited it, though he kept the hilt in his grasp. In unison his men stepped forward, their boots thudding. Two guards knelt down to tend to their injured comrade, the others looked to one among them for direction.
Arcturus took a second step forward. "Lord Dystra" he tried again. "You will bring him to me."
The man in charge just nodded his head. "R-Right away, Sir" he fumbled, before gesturing for one of the other guards to hurry inside to fetch the Lord of the Castle.

Aboard The Dark Embrace

Lady Venge was feeling a bit unsettled following the completely unexpected conversation with the spirit of her long dead master, Lord Jarin Retsinis. To be told straight to her face by someone long dead that he did not regard her as being a Dark Lord Of The Sith, and that she needed to either evolve as a Sith or perish, had shaken her to the very core of her being. Lost in thought, she was contemplating seeking an audience with Alina Tremiru when the incessant beeping of the holocommunicator finally captured her attention.

"This better be worth my time," Venge growled as the visage of one of her confidential informants, a battle scarred Gran missing one of his three eyes, shimmered into focus.

"Lady, have lead...artifact Lady seeks," the Gran said in broken Basic.

"That's what the Rodian told me. As a result, I've spent the last few rather unpleasant hours conversing with a blood drinking parasite of a Sith who openly mocked me, and the spirit of my long dead master."

"Rodian only out for self....but me think Lady find this worth time. Send file...."

Venge gasped in astonishment as she opened the file. There, in all its dark glory, was the long lost holocron which held the darkest secrets of the long dead Black Hssiss Order. To hell with it all, Venge thought to herself. The audience with Alina or whoever else in the Sith hierarchy could wait. The spark of her old ambitions rose within her once more.

"Where is it? Tell me," Venge demanded of the Gran.

"Big museum. Planet called Eliad. There be problem, Lady."

"I really don't like being told there's a problem....."

"Other Sith...already on way. Artifacts...part of planet domination...bartering...underworld bosses..."

"Give me the coordinates to this planet."

Venge looked over the coordinates and relayed them to her personal droid pilot, who punched them into the navcomputer and engaged the hyperdrive with a well practiced touch.

"You've done quite well for yourself," Venge informed the Gran. "I'm transferring the agreed upon sum to your account as we speak. Now, there's one other small matter, that I'm willing to pay you quite handsomely for, should you be willing to undertake the task for me."

"Always pleasure...do business with Lady. What else have for me?"

"Kill the Rodian. I believe you know which one I mean."

"Yes! Never liked Rodian....kill him for Lady!"

"That's a good boy! We'll discuss the reward later. Right now, I have a holocron to retrieve before someone else gets their hands on it."

Grand Museum of Eliad, a few hours later....

The Dark Embrace descended through the clouds overhead, landing gear unfolding, as it slowly burned off speed to land in front of the Grand Museum of Eliad. A thin, cruel smile crosses Venge's lips as she strides down the boarding ramp and takes in the view around her. Mountains, valleys, plains and plateaus stretched away in all directions as far as her eyes could see. On the voyage here, Venge had briefly studied up on the history of the planet. The current inhabitants were descendants of ridiculously wealthy nobility, permanently exiled here over 800 some odd years ago by Emperor Palpatine at the dawn of the Galactic Empire. Out of sheer boredom, the nobles had spent their wealth on increasingly more sophisticated and demented forms of entertainment. To think, that immense wealth couldn't even cure their boredom, made Venge chuckle in contempt at the utter fools.

Movement out of the corners of her eyes caught Venge's attention. Ah, that would be the local welcoming committee. The soon to be very deceased welcoming committee....

"The Museum is closed. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

Venge slowly turned her head, sizing up the trio of security personnel who fanned out around her with blaster rifles aimed.

"Is this the way you treat all of your VIPs," Venge asked, her eyes suddenly blazing with feral intensity.

"We weren't informed by the staff of any VIPs visiting after hours...."

"You can stop talking now," Venge said with a bored tone to her voice.

"You're in no position to be making demands, whoever you are! You're trespassing. Hands in the air where I can see them!"

"Hands in the air, hmm," Venge asked. "Will this do, darling?"

Venge slowly stretched her arms overhead, fingers flexed as she called upon the power of the Dark Side and summoned a Force Storm. Bolts of purple lightning arced down from the clouds overhead, electrocuting the trio of security guards where they stood. Stepping over the smoking corpses, Venge quickly strode to the museum entrance as the wind began to howl around her. Let the locals try and figure out why the weather turned so violent in such a big hurry, she thought. It would cover her raid for a bit.

TAGS- Open

Last edited:
Scourge of the Stars

Objective IV: The Bloodline​
The mountain pass was alight with fire, plasma and laser arcs ripping through the sky and terrain. What was once a decorated, sacred place that spoke of the Hartorius wealth had been long reduced to a cratered scar on the world. It was the first of their punishments for treason, but the worst was yet to come.​
Darth Nito, Scourge of the Stars, strode forward behind the makeshift barricade as turrets fired overhead. Were they any less thick, any weaker or poorer of design, he would be dead by the blasts - but these were not turbo lasers, just heavy blasters. The few turbolaser emplacements were busy trying to keep capital ships out of orbit, forcing the approach to be a ground game.​
"Gather the Sith before me.", he said with a gruff tone that befit the General.​
"We will work alongside the southern route towards the back. Ensure the charge takes place when I command - they must not notice our approach."​
The zealot before him nodded, saluted as the Sith did with hand to chest, and then moved to spread the order via verbal communication. They couldn't afford to have this leaked before it was enacted. While he waited, Darth Nito moved to watch the enemy position with arms crossed. Great towering walls lined from end to end with the Houses's personal guard.​
They were suprisingly experienced, and far too well armed for his like. The rumors of a Jedi Knight within only further annoyed him - that a single Jedi could hold them back like this with the help of his family. He above all would be made an example of - hung from the banisters as the rest were executed. A shot came close to hitting him, but failed - forcing nothing but an exhale from the stoic general.​

uO90OdPZcLbkINLLRQgncsLMmeQye5CH8ZOIsF5VYBIpPwt9iihTCQG_DOlV-LA0vHG4-smEWQZM3BVDnd9B0kvFjccrEPsRaCHX_wTKCDQEVVhykDq5IXznMHN7jLNsk8mbXNtLJMgCxE3J-KpCV7PbisAMEa-uQPtmMSeq8HvydWcrHH969P95bk2dDw

kV9Ok41ybS04yqG87LfIRclVLK4H4CO8S75nG8do-1zeRBO-gUalWzEVPtkTxI8vPnKEWqkDsh84ln9BYPJWudKM0jnpHsTvoDb3ZXRYPaOOxu8dYr8ZlC0XlPuwBhmd7z5due5dD4Xy2Iz5v6WsYB0vBOnq3qAYxVot7bNrLXhSANx9eRcyk2Nm-7u6aA

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Objective IV
Tag | Darth Nito Darth Nito

A woman with a robe as pale as snow approached, due to the action it had made it difficult for the both of them to properly sit down and have a nice chat, but at least they knew the names of one another, a simple bit of information but it was all the two had on the other for now.

The general of course knew the crimson eyes that gleamed under that white hood belonged to none other than Adeline, the woman calmly waiting for the messenger in front of her to move on, only then would she approach closer and give him a simple nod.

"Report for you, surprisingly their forces hold strong on almost every part of this fort. The northern and eastern walls being the most well defended, my guess is that while this group has some level of training... They failed to properly spread out their numbers to evenly hold each wall, at the moment our forces are mostly attacking the north and east due to the easier terrain. My eyes also saw plenty of supplies within the south western courtyard, these supplies include some level of emergency medical kits, ammo, and spare heavy cannons to replace any lost on the walls."

She offers over a data pad to him, on it he would find pictures of what all she had seen, along with the last page being a theorized marking of where to launch an artillery shell in order to his the stockpile.

"Have we located where the non combatants are located, sir?"

L8J730U0JCXkRN2jDY_vm8aRCZWFxKVBzpvaB3hcf7tuC2oIvaAzl9gKEN2ZTpzNRrTF-NYJcX_2OvE_34Fa1I6Q55kDnTo1plD9rt5qk0Ujv5pDIgrBDTx90eJNWJ2duFiMWpnoL9uKe2rGq-Ii_WaMk4GSb7KVrnJRz7knrfiA1lzBdLH5rwEDCbBcaw

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Sigil-1-1.png

Objective II - Clearing the Way

brynadul_divider.gif

The Warmaster stood in the temperate desert like a preacher who crossed it prove his worth as a chosen, having lived through hardship and difficulties to now share his story with the people.

Well. It was not exactly like that of course. Nyâsh stood on a hilly dune with the spaceport and it's adjacent hub of distribution, warehouses and living quarters. It was a city on it's own and it was ripe for the taking. The fancy and pompous Sith were occupied elsewhere, indulging in ridiculous conversations about how to annex the planet instead of just doing it. They are disappointing and weak, diplomacy and compromises were for sick and retarded.

The Warmaster was here because he wanted a share of what was in that spaceport. Resources not given away are resources used properly.

Behind him several landing ships had set down in the desert, slowly spitting out the troops of the Oblivion Legion, Centuries of Zarnâth and their heavy equipment. Artillery guns, rocket systems, heavy tanks, transports and rows and rows of infantry slowly gathered and prepared to be unleashed onto the spaceport. All the while chanting the names of their fallen comrades, those who were to weak to make it to here, fully aware that many more would join the list today.

From his elevated position he could see how the defenders formed up and prepared for the coming battle. Some makeshift trenches and and barricades were prepared and further expanded the moment he looked at them. They looked determined, but they were just some nobility paid militia, they would be running as soon as they understood what was going to happen to them in the moment of their defeat.

Scourge of the Stars

As the Sangnir approached, Nito stepped down from his intimidating position meant to mock the enemy. As he suspected, they hadn't hit him - but they had come close. Enough that he had diverted some of the strikes with the force to hurt those few good shots moral. He took the datapad from Adelin and considered the information on it, only to motion another of the soldiers towards him.​
"Inform the artillery crews. Let them know to cut their fire in fifteen minutes - if we get through the shields before that, then it will be a gift. All guns, Captain."​
The man nodded and ran off as another explosion from heavy launchers behind the wall threatened to destroy their reinforced position. Motioning for Adeline to follow, they made their way through the trench towards a western dugout. Inside, a few Sith awaited them both.​
"Frumentarii reports have shown a smuggling passage they have been using for the last month. It's hidden by multiple runes of Jedi origin, and more than a few cloaking devices. Its why we haven't noticed them further. It is also likely where those emergency supplies came from.", he said frowning.​
"We are going to use that same passage to get behind them - and a few good Sith are going to break this fortress while our army pushes forward at the same time. The distraction will mean they'll either fail to hold the wall, or fall to our incursion. If one fails, we still win."​
"That being said - have you seen heavy combat before this?"​

uO90OdPZcLbkINLLRQgncsLMmeQye5CH8ZOIsF5VYBIpPwt9iihTCQG_DOlV-LA0vHG4-smEWQZM3BVDnd9B0kvFjccrEPsRaCHX_wTKCDQEVVhykDq5IXznMHN7jLNsk8mbXNtLJMgCxE3J-KpCV7PbisAMEa-uQPtmMSeq8HvydWcrHH969P95bk2dDw

kV9Ok41ybS04yqG87LfIRclVLK4H4CO8S75nG8do-1zeRBO-gUalWzEVPtkTxI8vPnKEWqkDsh84ln9BYPJWudKM0jnpHsTvoDb3ZXRYPaOOxu8dYr8ZlC0XlPuwBhmd7z5due5dD4Xy2Iz5v6WsYB0vBOnq3qAYxVot7bNrLXhSANx9eRcyk2Nm-7u6aA

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Objective IV
Tag | Darth Nito Darth Nito

"To an extent, sir. I used to work as a mercenary, so situations such as these are not too foreign to me. My last job before I joined the order was actually aiding the order in taking a planet... Forgot the name, but it saw heavy action. A huge creature from hell had turned almost everyone made, troopers were failing to hold the long against their own crazed brothers. Then you had the flood of demons and cultists, all in all by the end of it I cut a path and helped lead the remaining men while the dark lords took care of the beast."

If Nito had indeed been familiar with those involved, the name Adeline had never once appeared on the list of noteworthy names.

"I suppose I am just used to being a boot if I must be honest, but now I am so much more. I would assume our lord Empyrean sent you here as well? Have you-"

Her words were cut off by a blaster bolt almost hitting her, thankfully Adeline had been weary, and her practice in tutaminis came into effect as the bolt was absorbed, creating little flickers of lightning within the woman's other hand for a moment.

"Have you had many great campaigns under our lordship?"

L8J730U0JCXkRN2jDY_vm8aRCZWFxKVBzpvaB3hcf7tuC2oIvaAzl9gKEN2ZTpzNRrTF-NYJcX_2OvE_34Fa1I6Q55kDnTo1plD9rt5qk0Ujv5pDIgrBDTx90eJNWJ2duFiMWpnoL9uKe2rGq-Ii_WaMk4GSb7KVrnJRz7knrfiA1lzBdLH5rwEDCbBcaw

Darth Atramentar

D

fR2WrnY.png

Objctive IV - Bloodline
Southeastern Wall - Outside​

The Mordant Commander had his head low as he approached the crouched Sith Lord. The tall figure was nearly invisible, his cloth and armour having taking the dust and debris colour nearly instantly and giving him a natural camouflage. A funny idea, comparing it to the Mordant Legion's bright red armour colors. The Commander himself wore the bright red armour and made an excellent target.

"My Lord. Their fire is extremely strong here and we need to fall back or our troops will be slaughtered."

The Commander was an experienced officer and well trained soldier and knew what he was talking about. The entire southeastern flank of the attack has been a bloody path, heavy weapons and fierce resistance making the siege assault a gruesome business.

"Focus our heavy weapons for the next fifteen minutes, suppress them and send some of your grenadiers to me."

Darth Atramentar seemed not to be bothered by the heavy fire at all, his voice was calm and cold. He had a plan and he knew his soldiers would follow him till death and beyond. It took the commander only a second to respond and give the orders. The indoctrination and obedience kicking in immediately.

Over the next minutes the firepower of the Mordant Legion seemed to double, heavy blasters and artillery guns hammering into walls and defensive positions. The Sith was determined to get into the breach first and bring home victory. With his senses he reached out to feel around the wall section, seeing where it was weakest and had taken most damage. After moments of x-raying the fortification, the masked warrior found a weakspot, a crack in the concrete and where an air bubble was left during construction.

"Prepare for assaulting the breach."

Atramentars tone was a subjective and neutral as if he just announced that he was tall, it was as obvious to him as it was to breath or talk. The grenadier unit around him readied their flechette shotguns and some grenades. Their heavy close combat equipment made them ideal for this kind of fighting. The unit felt in return how the Sith readied, the Dark side powers he was drawing from floating towards him, noticeable to everyone around, he prepared to send a devastating Force blast of concentrated Dark side energy directly at the weakspot and see the wall crumble.

The day would be his ...

Darth Nito Darth Nito Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective 3: Business or Pleasure

Malum unlike most that were beginning the invasion of the planet, was already on the planet. Turned out that both being a Tsis'Kaar and of a noble lineage had some perks. Given advance warning of the invasion by his Mistress, he had made his way to the planet, the public excuse having been to spend some time with his relatives. The Marr line was vast, with many branches, and even more, if his discovery of Trayze... or more accurately Trayze's discovery of him, was anything to go by. Was it any wonder then that one of the said branches had made their homes in one of the few worlds in Space that still respected noble lineage? Now, they did not respect Sith noble lineage as of yet, but he was sure the invasion would change that soon enough. Perhaps he could have his kin be made governor.

A man could dream.

Still, though he had been happy to see his distant kin, all the more as he kept avoiding his direct kin, he had unfortunately still weaseled out of discussing Trayze's status. Not a good sign all things considered. He made a mental vow that the next time he returned to Jutrand, he would confront his family, this constant touch and go, was not working clearly. It was unfair to them, to him, and most importantly, unfair to Trayze. They were all kin, and though he had introduced Trayze to Vita by now, that was easy, and it was the difficult tasks that mattered all the more.

On another point, he idly noticed with some humour that this was the first detour from the Dromund Kaas quest that had not annoyed him. Was it a sign he was being used to all the constant detractions? Perhaps.

More than likely, however, it was the reason for this detraction.

The Grand Museum of Eliad.

One of the finest Museums, collections of arts and relics, and of general learning this side of the Outer Rim.

Now that in itself may sound insulting, but Malum meant no slight against the structure. He had visited many a times as a child, gazed upon what it held, and desired from its holds. Of the items of most import, included an eldritch staff, a ring to provide affinity with fire, a collection of ancient scrolls of untold knowledge, and a kyber crystal whom all others had claimed inert, but Malum had always felt... something. There were more items, of course, others of the mystical and magical, even a rumoured Holocron, but too there were of the more normal, artwork and relics telling the histories and stories of the planet's past. All of which Malum had greatly appreciated as a youth, and he even now as an adult appreciated greatly. He just felt that he could appreciate it far more, if it was closer to him, perhaps owned by him. Was that so wrong?

When he had heard that securing the Museum had become an objective of the invasion, he had snuck his way in. The Order was grand, the Order was strong, the Order was powerful. The Order was not careful with old relics and fragile paintings.

Thus, he found himself, in the Museum walking around. He was careful of course, precautions having been made. Force Stealth was active around his form, making him nigh invisible to all those that walked these walls, while another invisible figure, Force Shadow hovered along other halls. Their eyes tracked along the corridors, all to find what they were looking for.

Those artifacts were to be his, certainly not for some common underground wastrels, that could never appreciate the finer things of life, who did not have the education nor the breeding to care for such things, who only cared for profit among all else. He would guard the art and the relics, and then he would take his rightful due.

Lightning cracked against the building, and Malum stopped.

It was not expected to rain tonight.

He sped up his search.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Scourge of the Stars

Objective IV: The Bloodline​
Nito didn't flinch as she caught the bolt, watching her intently before giving a confirming nod - affirmation, positive reinforcement. He respected her action, and motioned for her to follow him as he spoke, exiting the dug out quarter through a back exit. The other half dozen Sith joined him as they walked, but he allowed her to stand next to him.​
"I've always been an instrument of the Eternals, shrouded as they were. I served under the Worm Emperor with his remergence, but before I served as a General in the Empire under Darth Carnifex. A time before time.", he said rather poetically given his monumental size.​
He ducked slightly as he went under a makeshift durasteel bridge put over the trench. A soldier ran up besides him as they neared the end, and shouted a few quick words to him;​
"Sir, the Mordant Company are pushing the front.", he said nearly out of breath.​
"Then it would seem we need to hurry.", letting his speed begin to carry him. The Sith gathered behind them kicked on their pace too - and where it began slow, it quickly spread into a Force speed run. Adeline in her novice state would find it hard to keep up, but just as she may have felt her reserves kick in they would slow and stop.​
Here, the sounds of the battle seemed more like an echo - the mountain passage they had found themselves in a mere hiking trail compared to the others. Nito seemed to sniff the air before motioning them to follow.​
"Keep your senses clear - I would not have us surprised by the Nobility before we get there."​
Rocks fell away from their feet as they were slowly forced into a single file line, Adelin behind Nito. As the rubble tumbled down, she would glimpse the edge they now walked near, and how far down it seemed to go.​
"Adeline. You have experience in war, but fighting as a Sith is different than as a mercenary. For a mercenary, it pays to be calm and collected in the face of violence. For a Sith, it is the opposite. It does not matter if it is fear, anger, joy, or passion that fuels you - when we are subjected to battle you must feel it to your bones. Do you understand?"​

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective: Noble Nuisances
Equipment: Lightsaber, Dagger, Armor
Tags:

zOIcum2.png

The shuttle flew above the peaks of the Eliad mountains, its destination in sight as the palace high up above the valley below came into view. The Anthonis Palace was a sight to behold indeed, with a grand view and even grander architecture. The nobles of Eliad, the compliant ones anyway, had chosen the Anthonis family to host the meeting with the representatives of the Sith Order and of course they had to pick something that inspired awe. Perhaps they thought that a good show of their wealth and power would ensure fair terms.

The shuttle touched down on one of the landing platforms, this one designated for the representatives by the procession of parade guards and band that lined the walkway of the platform. Banners were held aloft, practiced melodies and anthems were played, and guards were outfitted in shiny but impractical garb as the ship's ramp lowered.

A small greeting party stepped up to the shuttle, what appeared to be some lower nobles eager to welcome their new rulers, and waited at the base of the ramp. Rather than some fancily dressed ambassador though, a different sight greeted the nobles. Alisteri's boots almost seemed to echo on the ramp as he stepped from the confines of the shuttle, peering down at the greeting party for a moment before making his way down the ramp. Behind him four of his Legionnaires were assembled and marched in his wake. All of them armed as usual.

Overall the scene to the nobles looked more like a commander approaching his newest post rather than any sort of diplomatic occasion, but of course they were quick to hide their confused and worried looks. "Welcome to Eliad, representatives of the Sith. We have been eagerly awaiting your arrival!" The leader of the party gave a little bow that the others quickly followed suit on as Alisteri reached the bottom of the ramp and stood before them.

He crossed his arms behind his back and briefly glanced over the assembled guards and party, not seeming to be impressed by the display. "I can tell." A couple nobles flinched at his dismissive tone. "Is the meeting inside already underway?" The leader of the party straightened up and shook their head. "Not at all sir, if I could have your name to tell them who to expect?"

"Darth Strosius of the Sith Order, now take me to your meeting."

Venge made her way to the entrance, touching the access panel with a gloved hand and overloading it with a burst of Force Lightning. The doors slowly gave way with a hiss of hidden hydraulics, and Venge entered the museum, pausing for a moment to allow her eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. Yes, the Gran had been right! The lost holocron of the Black Hssiss Order was here. She could feel it, practically hear it calling to her. Still paused, Venge cocked her head to one side to listen. She could almost swear that she heard footsteps, but try as she might, she couldn't seem to locate the source. Has to be another Sith, Venge thought to herself, rolling her eyes in exasperation. It never could be easy, could it?

"I heard you, whoever you are," Venge called out. "Come now, show yourself. I have no particular desire at the moment to harm a fellow Sith. There is only one item here in this museum that I truly seek, which is mine by right of succession. The rest means nothing to me, and the Sith Order can do with them as they may."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Objective IV
Tag | Darth Nito Darth Nito Darth Atramentar

"I myself apprentice under lord Carnifex, it is an odd mix considering his relations with lord Empyrean.. My loyalties are to the church and of course my own desires."

It was a simple enough explanation, one that was true. Her loyalty resided with Empyrean and his church, and to her own desires. The woman's conversation would be interrupted by the man reporting in, seems things are on the move..

"Then it would seem we need to hurry."

And so was Nito by the looks, and while her ability in the force was far less than his, her Sangnir speed along with her aptitude with the force allowed her to keep up easily enough. It would be there on that trail that her ears got to listen to the battle as it echoed... The artillery and guns a symphony of blessed music that pleased her, conquest was beauty incarnate, and she its connoisseur.
"Keep your senses clear - I would not have us surprised by the Nobility before we get there."

"An embarrassing way to die for sure, don't need to tell me twice."

The reserved occultist had of course not been one to speak much, or even quip jokes up until now. Seems she was enjoying herself, enough to joke around with a lord even.
"Adeline. You have experience in war, but fighting as a Sith is different than as a mercenary. For a mercenary, it pays to be calm and collected in the face of violence. For a Sith, it is the opposite. It does not matter if it is fear, anger, joy, or passion that fuels you - when we are subjected to battle you must feel it to your bones. Do you understand?"

The woman remembers her time as "Jackal", being a chaotic mess of bloodshed as she did a dance of guns. Even back then she was more than just calm, it was the opposite if anything. A rush of adrenaline, a high from the roar of guns and conflict.

"I understand, sir. I think you will find that I no issues letting passion drive me, the roar of battle is like that of a divine symphony that blesses my ears."

She says, yet her tone was calm. Normally if one was speaking of such things their voice might break under the sheer adrenaline... While for Adeline her voice was soft as silk. There was a lot to be said of those who could hide behind a reserved blanket of calm demeanor.

"So, we are to flank from behind as your troops keep the pressure on the front.. What do we plan to do with those captured? Mm even more so the Jedi, I would enjoy feasting on them."

There was a surprising amount of tension greeting Alisteri as they passed through the manor, an aura of dread draped over like a funerary shroud. But there was very little to indicate where this feeling was originating from, only that it was growing stronger with each step they took. The inhabitants of the manor seemed to be suffering the same malaise, only to a greater extent because they could not touch the Force like Alisteri could. Sweat beaded on bare skin, clothes grew damp with perspiration, and all looked about them with distrust and fear.

Everything clicked into place the moment Alisteri swept into the meeting hall, and saw just who was in attendance. All of the requested nobles were there, as had been expected, alongside their various attendants and household servants. They all seemed to be in the same condition as everyone else, drawn to the knife's edge of anxiety as their eyes keenly avoided the distinct other occupying the room with them.

For as Alisteri's eyes could plainly see, Darth Carnifex turned to face the newcomers with a blank and cold expressionless face. To either side of Him were priests draped in blood-red vestments, their faces concealed behind interwoven bands of fabric etched with profane symbols and pinned by metallic idolatry. It was the spindly monster standing aside all of them that was the most recoiling, for it stood well over seven feet tall with unnaturally long arms clutching a staff of twisted iron.

Repellant of all was its
face, which seemed to be permanently twisted in a malicious grin full of teeth and black gums. Eyes as baleful of the Dark Lord's met Alisteri's, and that smile seemed to grow impossibly wider. The velvety authoritative voice of the Dark Lord was little comfort to all in attendance, for as each syllable was uttered it caused all other sounds to diminish.

"Welcome, Lord Strosius. We've been expecting you."

Saeth Zambrano

S
Unlike the other Priests who stood in attendance to the Dark Lord, her vestments were white and airy, built up of countless layers of featherlight spidersilk chiffon. Her typically extravagant headpiece had been toned down, as was ever the case when she stood with her brother in a formal, foreign setting. A circlet held her veil in place instead, a bright white crystal set into its center. Adorned with various other pieces of jewelry, she maintained an elegant and poised state so as to avoid the tinkling chimes associated with her bangles and beads. Statuesque... If there was one word to describe the Grand Archimandrite it was certainly that.
Saeth had taken a position behind her brother's chair, and naught but her gaze moved as another entered the room. Soon addressed as Lord Strosius, she took in the sight of him and set both name and appearance to memory.
Where most were so vividly unnerved by Kaine's presence, the youngest of the Zambrano trio showed no signs of quivering or sweat. She did not feel the tension in the way others might, if anything she reveled in it. Her deep green eyes drifted back to the center of the table just as soon as they had assessed Strosius, briefly flickering amber as the Force thrummed around her.
"One more noble approaches, brother mine" she informed Kaine with a voice so quiet it might well have been uttered telepathically. Only her brothers and sisters in veiled black were likely to overhear, though she doubted even that. It was just as she said, for before Strosius had found his seat the steady thrum of feet followed beyond the door. A noble and his entourage, how glib.

An odd sound could be heard through the service corridor, like a wheezing cough mocked by the rattling of a tin can. In and out, the sound echoed with the exhalation expected of a dying beast trying its best to catch its breath. Josephus Laramine, a custodian with 15 years of service, had approached with recalcitrance. His hesitation was born from the state of the world, resisting the yoke of something that had been self-admittedly its better. The airport had been closed off, barriers were erected, and blasters were held on high. The nobles had demanded it and despite his disposition towards their greed and perspective, he had no sway over it. On his best day, he could kick up his feet and peruse the holovid. On his worst, it was excrement and debris.

"H...Hello? Anyone there? We're in lockdown..." He stuttered, gripping his broom with white knuckles. Angelo had come down this way, he recalled, trying to grab a few items of personal effect before everything went to shit. Angelo had two daughters and a keepsake in the form of pendants, a memento he considered particularly important if Joe could remember things right. The adrenaline was getting to him, he could tell, as he shook off the scare and sighed. Dropping the industrial broomhead to the ground, he stood tall in the face of his own self-inflicted fear.

"Damnit Angelo, we don't have time for this. They're evacuating. Get your shit and let's roll."

The sound of wetness replied, followed by the sound of leather smacking duracrete. He tightened his grip again, steeled himself, and continued forward. Darting into the next corridor with his broom held like a spear on low, he caught the sight of emptiness in a locker room. Laughing, he stood up. "What's wrong with me...it's just a service corridor."

Metal against metal. The sound of the desert wind. Wetness. It all replied, getting louder now.

Rounding another corner, a shadow stood where it shouldn't have. The service door was ripped open, like something had set claws in it, bending the durasteel back. As it moved back and forth, trying to set itself right on the frame, a sand drift had formed in the threshold. Angelo sputtered and shook, pressed against the wall by the very same shadow, as his bulging eyes looked towards Joe. The shadow, blue steel with a red glint of a visor, stood quietly as he inspected a golden pendant. His arm, holding Angelo against a wall, seemed to gulp and pulsate as the janitor struggled for breath.

"My...my god!" Joe could barely catch his breath as he took a step back. The red visor groaned as shadows seemed to roil off the armor. There was an aura of madness there and for a moment, Joe found his own reflection in that horrific image.

"Debts can never be repaid." The figure growled, waves of heat radiating off him like he was an engine. The red visor turned towards Joe and tilted, as Angelo fell to the floor. Dead. "A lifetime of decay and we have but moments. You should run. I promise that I will follow."​

Objective 1: Noble Nuisances
Tags: Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn (interacting) | Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Saeth Zambrano

Rhiannon was among the entourage following behind Arcturus, her identity hidden behind a sleek black helmet. Only the presence of her wings marked her as unusual among the other faceless figures.

She watched the confrontation with the guards in silence. This Lord Dystra they were here to seek out was clearly used to being able to shrug off his guests. A shame, really. The invitation extended to the nobles of this planet had been a polite one, but inevitably a few would flatly refuse to entertain the Sith.

Maybe Dystra could be convinced. Or maybe he would have to be removed. In either case, she could think of a few uses for an uncooperative noble.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective: Noble Nuisances
Equipment: Lightsaber, Dagger, Armor
Tags: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex / Saeth Zambrano ( Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn / Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn )

zOIcum2.png

Despite the warm and grandiose welcome the inside of the palace was tense and almost dreadful in atmosphere. For a moment Alisteri had merely assumed that the nobles had finally realized what position they occupied, not one of diplomacy for their world but instead negotiation for their positions on it, but that theory didn't hold up. Everyone appeared to be on edge, his guards included, with heads on a swivel and hands held close as if to protect themselves from some sudden threat.

He could also sense something that made his skin crawl, a monolithic and seemingly ever-present aura that only grew more and more suffocating as his guide lead him forward. Something was not right here. Something was in fact very very wrong. Before he could attempt to focus and pinpoint what or at least where the aura was originating from they finally arrived at the meeting room.

When the doors opened and his gaze swept the room, his questions were answered and his composure nearly dropped. There sat the tyrant himself Darth Carnifex and an entourage, with the assembled nobles looking just as uncomfortable and anxious as he felt in that moment of realization. His Legionnaires shared looks amongst themselves, whether they were shock or fear or some mixture was difficult to determine given their helmets though. As for Alisteri, his hand clenched into fist behind his back and he very nearly considered ordering them to fire.

His nails dug into his palm even with the gloves covering his hands as he was addressed by some grinning and altogether unsettling figure of the Dark Lord's entourage. After a moment though he stilled his racing pulse and straightened himself up, idly rolling his shoulders in an attempt to appear less tense than he was.

"Darth Strosius." It was an unnecessary and irrelevant correction spoken with sheer spite, as evidenced by how he spoke it through gritted teeth, and one that the masked man only made in some attempt to appear more in control of the situation than he was. "Had I known that I was being waited upon, I'd have not taken the scenic route." Alisteri offered no apologies as he quickly moved to his designated seat, his guards following after his stride. Said seat was far too close to the tyrant than he'd like, but he would say the same merely knowing that they occupied the same planet.

He would merely have to sit straight and pretend like he wasn't itching to reach for his lightsaber. In his hurry to sit he hardly even noticed a noble entering after him as he fixed his gaze on the table and attempted to calm himself.

Scourge of the Stars

Nito nodded at her response, but followed it up quickly with another lesson - a General of his esteem and ego rarely let things settle without making a point.​
"Then your next lesson will be not losing yourself in that fury. Something even Lords struggle with - but that will be for another conversation."​
They made their way to the edge of a small outcropping before he motioned the others to come to a stand still around him. They were all dressed in great armor given to them by the manufacturing guilds and alchemic systema of the Eternalist war machine - but on this small cliff, they seemed all the large for it. Pauldron against pauldron, he answered her question as he glanced about.​
"Execution. The men, women, children - none will live for the crimes of their patriarch. The Jedi will have a public execution. Your desires come second to political ramifications.", he said with a frown, not giving her a look. After a second he seemed to move to a random set of rocks and pilfered through them, looking at the bottom before moving on to the next.​
"But perhaps if do well, you may sample his essence and blood..."​
He finally picked up the rock with a strange set of carvings on it. Pressing his fingers deeper into the stone, the soft pops of granite under stress fell away to a small explosion in his palm - a glimpse at his strength. As the stone fell away, her sensations would fill in the gaps it was spoofing - the existence of a large tunnel infront of them, shrouded by the holographic representation of a cliff.​
Darth Nito motioned them to follow, seeming to sleep into the wall with a touch of static around him. The others before her would do the same, seeming to fall into the earth - but as she did, she would see the tunnel held a single holo rail system in the center for cargo loads, and the lighting fixtures showing that this was used recently.​
Nito pulled one of his large swords from its sheathe on his hip, and the others pulled their sabers from the confines of their robes.​
"They'll know we're close."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom