Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Luxury and Usury (SO Dominion of Eliad)

Objective 3: Business or Pleasure

A contented sort of silence fell onto them for but a moment, both seemingly having gained whatever they were both looking for here, and seeming to have formed an alliance rather than coming to blows as many of their Order may have likely done.

It only made so much sense for that peace to be broken, it was within their belief, after all, there was no peace.

Yet indeed, thankfully that peace was not broken due to them, or at the very least it was not precipitated by them, well it was... was by their Order, but not them specifically.

Truths and contradictions, that was the way of the Order indeed.

His hand moved instantly towards his side, towards his lightsaber as the room they currently occupied burst open with a frenzy, had they been had? Were Eliadian soldiers moving forth to secure the Museum? Perhaps it was another Sith, here to take their portion of the pie? Perhaps darker still, had he been had, his thoughts turned to Lady Venge, betrayal?

No, it had indeed been nothing of that sort, instead, it had been a fellow noble, the Duke Elrandach. Malum could not recall much about them, apart from that they had come from some high standing, being Dukes after all, but their fortunes were less than... equal, to that standing, indeed with that being the case, it did not surprise Malum in the least he was fleeing, better use his status on another world, compared to a fortune so meager it was not tied to the planet itself. And of course, perhaps the most important point at the present moment, he had been anti-Sith, and thus was very much the foe.

Still, it was no way for a noble to go, to simply have their neck snapped unceremoniously, especially after using his fortune to attempt to bribe an escape. Malum would have been more shocked at that, more disgusted if the desire to keep their tenous alliance standing had not won out. At the very least he would make sure that the man received a proper burial, say something about him rallying the Eliad nobles against the Sith before dying upon the eve of battle. Let him be remembered with honour, if he should not die with it.

His red eyes turned towards the image that Lady Venge showed, among the documents in hand. It was a beautiful estate, perhaps one of the few hard assets the Elrandach's owned, indeed, the new Duke Elrandach would be a lucky man... if he had the funds to maintain it, that was, though indeed, Malum could not quite say who the new Duke Elrandach was... did the Duke leave behind a clear heir?

Malum's mind went blank at the thought.

Perhaps it was open to claiming, this most chaotic night.

Malum smiled genially at Lady Venge's offer to decide the matter by a coinflip, though he would like the estate, to have his own base upon Eliad, it was not as if he was parched for home, and indeed he could stay with his cousins if need be. Something he could not quite say was the same case for the Lady Venge.

"My Lady is far too generous and kind, you have already offered me the treasures of this building, while you yourself only desired your Holocron. If you insist that we allow Lady Luck to decide the fortune of House Elrandach, I shall happily comply, but if you wish the estate for yourself, I would make no contest for your claim, and indeed would back it if need be." Let him repay generosity and kindness with his own, perhaps it was not the Sith way, but it was the diplomatic course, and indeed, perhaps she could wish for it to be by chance regardless, Duke Malum of House Marr did have a nice ring to it after all.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Rhi just smirked. So Alisteri held some loyalty to Ophidia as his master, and at least begrudging respect for the power and influence Carnifex possessed. His answer to her question was a little ambiguous, but there was an implication there that yes, he would become Emperor if he saw the opportunity and the need. Spicy.

"Even I have given the possibility some thought. Though I'm farther from the throne than you are." At least at this juncture. Things might soon begin to change for her and Arc as they grew in power. "At least we both agree that there are others who could do a better job at it."

"...And now I think I had better get going," she said. "It's been wonderful talking to you, Alisteri. Take care."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri was confident in his answer, that much was certain given how he carried himself, but the notion of him being close to the throne of emperor at all did seem to shake him a bit. The path to such a position was far too long in his mind but if it was a compliment then he wouldn't turn it down. "It is hard to disagree on that when the evidence is so clear." Change was needed, that much he was sure of.

"It has been a pleasure talking with you as well Lady Ishani, I wish you and Arcturus safe travels and good luck." He offered a respectful nod before they parted, with him quick to make his way out of the palace before anyone else could catch up to him. Aside from his master there was no one else he cared to get the attention of after all.

His Legionnaires saluted and bowed as Alisteri stepped back into the shuttle and assumed his seat in the cockpit, the pilot closing the landing ramp and taking off from the platform to the skies above. "Destination sir?" There was a moment of silence before the Knight responded. "Back to Formos. Eliad is no longer an option for our plans and I must recalculate as a result. And there are...unexpected additions to the grand game as well."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"My Lady is far too generous and kind, you have already offered me the treasures of this building, while you yourself only desired your Holocron. If you insist that we allow Lady Luck to decide the fortune of House Elrandach, I shall happily comply, but if you wish the estate for yourself, I would make no contest for your claim, and indeed would back it if need be."

The more Venge thought about it, the more the idea of claiming the estate enticed her. Having a permanent base of operations instead of moving from one end of the galaxy to the other aboard her ship would be a major advantage.

"Very well then, I shall claim the estate. Let's see if there any successors I need to worry about."

Venge skimmed through the documentation. Interesting to say the least. The Duke had left no blood heirs, his wife being barren, and having preceded him in death many years before. The estate itself was indeed one of the few physical assets left, the Duke's bank accounts and other land holdings having been nearly depleted to settle his debts with other nobility.

"Hmm. A broken man with a broken House. Such a pity,"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Too bad, he had been idly hoping that she would have left it to chance, it was a rather nice estate after all, but still, it was good to have a favour from a Master within the Order, and his reasoning from before still remained, she had been generous and kind enough giving this Museum to him, and allowing him knowledge from the Holocron.

Surrendering an estate, that was not even his, was not much of a sacrifice.

"One might say that he had not much reason to live," Malum said simply as he offered his arm to the lady again.

"Shall we be off, then? I would say that by the time we have left the Museum, that Eliad shall be under Sith overlordship."

It would be a new world that the Eliadians would wake to, a better world.

He would need to make arrangements for the safe securement of the Museum, and too, to make certain his family on the planet were safe, while he was sure that the Lady Venge would need to make her move to secure her new Estate.

Passing by the artworks and other such works of achievement.

He could only reflect that he had truly gained much from today.

Much more than he had expected.

Perhaps in such a torrent of good luck, his Mistress may surprise him with new responsibility.

Eliad would be a welcome responsibility.

Now Malum was just daydreaming.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Venge glanced around the Museum one last time, before nodding in agreement to Malum and taking his arm. She had achieved her objective, and the other artifacts held no interest to her.

"Yes, let us be off. The security of the Museum seems to be in good hands, thanks to you," Venge said at last. "I have an estate to check on before anyone gets any bright ideas of their own."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom