Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Lockdown in the Five Veils

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Accessories: Bracelet
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Tools: Fusioncutter
Ship: Skiptown with V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
Tags: @Open
holicslastbreath.gif

Alarms had been blaring across the rest station as announcements came across the intercom systems. Warnings about the route being temporarily locked down due to an incident with the Scree being stirred up.

Rumor abound was a group of merchants had tried to burn through the asteroids.

Their reasons unknown for now as everyone settled in to weather the lock down that had shut down traffic in and out of the Bajic sector of the Five Veils Run. Many were already trying to barter their way around the lock down. A number of others trying to figure out what happened. A handful resigning themselves to the long haul of being in the rest stop for a few cycles before the space bugs settled down enough to not threaten anyone passing through.

She counted the number of ships that had docked to fill time, munching on a McYoda's burger as she passed through the hallway leading to the food court.

A small garbage droid squeeling its wheels as it made a hasty run to where she had just been. Her foot lifted to keep from finding out how hard the outer casing of the little droid was as it barreled along at alarming speed to an unseen incident.

Stopping long enough to turn and sip from the McYoda's sprit in her other hand.

Sound coming from the food court making her narrow rose colored eyes as the drink announced itself to be completely empty. Gaze drawn back to the empty drink as she rattled the container and ice bounced around.

"Need more sprit." A defeated sound as she turned to head back to the food court where the sound of trouble had come from.

2UT5QVI.png

"You nerf-brain, you think I'm taking you there? You think I want to get killed?"

"There's really no need to raise your voice-"

"Oh, shut up. Just give me my slaggin' creds."

"I'll give it to you when you take me where I want to go."

"I just said, I'm not going."

"You signed a contract."

"Oh, fancy-pants lawyer pulling out his little papers. What are you gonna do, call the secs on me? Out here?"

"I could do that."

"Yeah, which is why you had me sign an NDA and told me this was all hush-hush-"

"Quiet."

"Kark right off. Just give me my money. I just wasted half a week getting you out here, and a thousand's worth of repairs and fuel running from those Scree."

"I can't pay you unless you get me where I need to go."

"I know you've got my creds. You're a big shot on Coruscant, aren't you? Cough it up."

Nikhil made the mistake of getting up to leave. The Rodian captain, in response, got up and punched him square in the jaw, sending him toppling over a chair, a table, and another person in the food court. Unfortunately, Nikhil had caught the station's stuck-in-place visitors at a moment of boredom; no one intervened, instead letting their curiosity keep them back for now as they listened and watched.

The lawyer groaned and sat up, head pounding. The Rodian grabbed him and pulled him up, only to toss him into another table.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Tags: Nikhil Reilt Nikhil Reilt
holicslastbreath.gif

She'd finished the burger before coming into the food court. Tossing the wrapper in all too dramatic shot towards the nearest bin as she spotted the circle that had formed around the noise.

Flinching and grimacing at the sound of a solid hit landed.

More clattering and crashing followed as she started towards the McYoda's stall and found the workers had abandoned their post. Eyes squinting and trying to see their little hats among the crowd before she scowled and got closer to the circle.

She found one of them, engrossed in the show and shoveling a handful of fries into their mouth.

Tugging their sleeve, they tried to ignore her.

"Ey! Hey!" A much firmer tug as they brushed her off with a large hairy arm into someone behind them.

Was the circle getting bigger?

Lossa got pushed further along, disgruntled spacers and people caught in the lock down already irritable as they pushed her back and forth into another McYoda's employee.

"Oh! Hey! Could I-?" Getting the wrong idea, the employee shoved her forward, foot catching on an upset table and sent sprawling into the fray.

She wasn't sure if she was staring out a viewport or if she'd had a good smack as stars danced in her vision.

It didn't matter really as a hand rubbed the sore spot on her head and she stood, stepping towards the employee that had shoved her before spotting the two fighting.

A well dressed guy and a Rodian. And it was plain the fight was all too much one sided. Blinking, she opened her mouth before frowning.

"Quit it. I want a soda. And you got everyone riled up." While she tried to be stern, most everybody stood a head taller than the Zeltron, and the Rodian seemed more annoyed than forgiving.

"Shut up!"

"Punch her too!"

Her shoulders sagging at the shouts and jeers the crowd was lobbing their way.

2UT5QVI.png

By a small stroke of luck he managed to catch himself on one of the low walls separating parts of the food court. Saved him from getting up again. Also kept him closer to Nash. The Rodian approached-

And then a pink woman fell into the circle of onlookers. Nash turned, confused for a moment, as the Zeltron made her demands clear.

"This is none of your karking business," the Rodian said, but he was already riled up, and seemed to eye her with contempt. Nikhil, too, looked her up and down, eyes aglow for a brief moment.

"Nash, it's not worth it," he said calmly. "We can work something out, if you'd please just-"

The Rodian slugged him in the face again and knocked him back to the wall, then spun around, already swinging with the expectation that the Zeltron would intervene.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Location: Five Veils Trade and Tourist Route, Bajic System Rest Stop
holicslastbreath.gif

"Ya made it my business when I couldn't get my soda." She hissed back to the Rodian. She hadn't wanted to get involved in business that wasn't hers. But getting pushed into the very center of it hadn't really given her an alternative.

The slight shimmer of the man's eyes catching her focus briefly.

Flinching when the man was punched again, getting closer to stop anymore punches on someone that was already down. But his words had given her something at least.

Her left hand raising the bracer to her face to speak as the Rodian rounded with a punch.

<"Skid-"> A short burst of comm to her droid as the punch from the Rodian clipped her cheek. The only thing saving her from catching the full punch to her nose was the tingle of warning the force had slapped her with. Her formed blurred for half a second as she rolled with the punch instead of trying to avoid it.

Steps sending a harsh tap along the metal flooring as she danced sideways and out of range. Hands reached out from the crowd to keep her in the circle that had become a ring.

"Oh. I see. Thas how it's gonna be stupa? Kee baatu baatu. Tee-tocky wamma." Rose colored eyes settling on the Rodian as she spat at him in Huttese and rubbed her cheek.

The spot stung, and her whole body tensed.

Her hands coming up into a defensive boxers stance as she took a cautious step closer, making a come here motion with one hand but staying just out of what she guessed was his range.

"Boska stupa." A fight might have been avoided if the Rodian hadn't aimed for her face. She'd already had to deal with a broken nose once and wasn't about to let the adrenaline or seething temper from her one trigger go that easy.

If the Rodian closed the distance, her whole body would have seemed translucent for a second. A ghostly form coming at him with a punch lobbed towards his face. Like a vision of the future solely focused on his mind as she played on jedi abilities.

The crowd however would not see that visage. Her form instead dropping low as the Rodian dealt with the punch towards his face. Her real aim a punch to where she guessed a vital organ was.

If he didn't become affected by the illusory image she'd played out to his eyes, she'd still dedicate to the punch as her arm blurred. The Force packed into her arm to strengthen bone and muscle alongside speeding up the movement.

2UT5QVI.png

The Rodian flinched first, and crumpled second.

His arms, brought up to protect his face, fell down as he clutched where he'd been struck. He stumbled into the same wall as Nikhil, wheezing. "Kark. Shiiiiiiiit."

There was a moment of silence from the crowd. They waited for Nash to get up. He didn't, he just wheezed and sat down against the wall. The punch had dealt more of a blow to the energy of the room than to the Rodian captain. After a few moments, grumblings began through the group -- he caught something about wanting to see a bit more blood. As people started to disperse, Nikhil looked at the short pink woman, and nodded a little sheepishly. "Thank you. Ah-"

He took a moment to fish around in his pocket, before squatting down next to Nash. He produced some credits and placed them in the Rodian's coat pocket, before hopping back up to face the Zeltron.

"Hi- I'm Nikhil. Thank you, again, for that." He stuck out his hand for a shake. His smile and gesture were genuine, but the glint in his eyes betrayed a focus unbecoming of someone who had just gotten his ass beat.

"Kark. You." A murmur came from behind him, but no movement. Nikhil didn't turn.

"My, ah, apologies for getting you involved in this. Could I make it up to you by... buying you that soda you were looking for?"

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The punch landed. There was an air of doubt in her mind that her little trick would work, and it was visible on her face of pure shock for a few ticks as the Rodian clutched their abdomen and backed up.

Lossa straightened up and blinked.

Eyes darting to her hand in silent wonder of just how squishy Rodians seemed before the man stood and approached. Whether nervous from the previous catching of hands, or approaching the victor of what seemed a one sided fight, he seemed able to speak and walk at least.

"Ah. Yeah. You-" Trailing off as he dropped credits into the Rodian's coat and standing again. His greeting met with a nod as he extended a hand to shake.

"Lossa." She took the hand and gave it as firm a shake as she felt comfortable giving. Still wondering if she'd put a bit much behind the punch. Taking the chance contact to reach out tentatively with the force to him. "Uh. Yeah. No problem, I guess. One bad captain can spread a bad rap for the rest of us so..."

She met his gaze, her own eyes squinting just a bit as wonder took place of nerves.

"You uh. You alright? Those were some pretty good hits." Concern marred with curiosity as she nodded to his offer.

"Yeah. Might get something for you too while you're at it." She led the way over to McYoda's while the crowd dispersed, glaring at the workers that were finally back where they were supposed to be.

The cashier giving her a sharp up down in disbelief before asking for her order.

"Large Sprit." She turned to Nikhil expectantly for his order.

2UT5QVI.png

"I'm fine," he said, glancing back at Nash as they departed. "He's not as tough as he looks."

Of course, Nikhil was exactly as tough as he looked. The skin on his cheek was slowly darkening into a respectable bruise.

"Make it a meal. Quarter pounder." He paid, and stepped aside to the small waiting area by the counter, even though there was no one else lined up to order.

"So," he turned to Lossa, glanced around a bit, before leaning in slightly. "Are you a Jedi?"

His eyes dropped for a moment, then back to meet hers.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

"Alllright." Her reply to his retort for being fine was met with an exaggerated suspicious set of narrowed eyes before smiling. Meant to be silly as they stepped away from the Rodian. "Yeah. I. I put a bit more into that than I should have I guess. Figured he. I dunno. You start punching people I figure you can take 'em."

No more thought given to that as a she noticed the bruise forming on him. He added to the order as she rifled through the pouches on her belt before producing a clear baggy and handing it over the counter.

"Could I get some ice in that please?" She faked like her hand was hurting with a weak smile as the cashier frowned.

The two of them stepped aside for the moment, eyes trailing to the rodian being helped up before Nikhil spoke. Her full attention shifting to him.

"Sort of? I. It's complicated." She took the plastic baggy back from the clerk and pressed it to his cheek. "I run a cargo freighter mostly. What about you? I don't suppose that was uh. Part of your typical day."

Gesturing to the Rodian with a smile at him.

2UT5QVI.png

"No, it's- ah, thank you," he said, allowing her to press the bag of ice against his face. It took him a moment to realize he should probably take and hold it himself. He did so.

"No, not my usual. I'm..." There was part of him that considered lying, but he ultimately decided against it. It always left a bad taste in his mouth. Plus, the Jedi would probably see right through it anyways.

"I'm a lawyer. But I'm, ah, obviously not here on lawyer-ly business -- I'm traveling. Nash over there, he was taking me-" this time he stopped himself more consciously. "Well, my travel plans have fallen through.

"I'm... looking for transport. Would you happen to... know anyone who could help with that?"

The arrival of a cup and burger broke up his awkward attempt at asking for help.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

"You're welcome." She offered with a grin. The hesitation drawing more of her attention as she settled a hand on her hip, the I dare you stare blaring like a warning klaxon in the moment of silence.

As though she could actually pick up on his lying.

When he admitted to his occupation however, the expression melted from daring to puzzled swiftly. A lawyer in the Veils? He could certainly make a killing with charging a premium. But there was likely a more personal reason for his travel than business.

His awkward request met with a raised brow as she openly made a show of giving deep thought to the matter.

"Are you traveling to or from the Core? And. Long distance like this, I could guess you've at least got more than a pair of skivvies and socks for luggage." Hands sliding across the counter for the tray and leading them to a table.

Taking the drink before sliding the rest over to him. Still making a display of thinking as she appeared to weigh her options.

"I think I know someone that could help you." She finally nodded with a draw from her drink. Features softening with her prize secured.

2UT5QVI.png

"Ah- fantastic.

"I'm a light packer- I should probably grab my bags, though. Just the two, they're not heavy. And... out of the Core." He carefully unwrapped his burger. After a moment he decided to just... get on with it.

"I'm- er, I'm sorry. I should probably just be up front with you -- I'm realizing I'm a bit in over my head, traveling somewhere dangerous. And your particular skill set, well, might be good. I don't know.

"I'm... I'm trying to get to Sith space. Orax, specifically, which I've heard doesn't have the most major presence, but I'm not really sure. I just know I need to get there, and I'll probably have a better chance of doing it with your help. So."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

"Probably best to grab them after you finish." Came the sagely nod as she glanced around to see the Rodian being carried out.

The straight forward approach brought a grin that peeked out from behind the straw as she took a sip of her drink. Brow crooked at the mention of traveling to dangerous territory.

Mouth parting to speak before he continued on as she drew the straw back and sipped again.

Blinking at the mention of the Sith and headed for their territory. Expression mostly bland save for the blatant show of surprise when he finished speaking. A final sip freeing the straw as she chewed her lip for a second.

"Orax? That's a-" Foot tapping as she thought before a slight bob of her head brought the memory forward. "A mineral hub isn't it? Abnormal crystals from what I've heard as well."

Her head tilted a little as she posed a question.

"Need to keep quiet... or free to share why an Alliance lawyer is headed that way?" Lossa and curiosity had a habit of appearing in the same places, and this particular event had caught her brand of curiosity. "I'll run you that way regardless. Just, figuring out out a rate."

2UT5QVI.png

"Yes. But- the crystals are people. Shard."

Her question led him to, again, briefly consider lying, before his moral backbone kicked in. "I'm not, uh, operating as a lawyer right now," he said. "An old friend of mine was murdered by a Shard. Left no other trace. I'm..."

His mind wandered. Anger crossed his face first, then a touch of fear. "I'm trying to do something about it. The Shard's colony should be there, on Orax."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The crystals were... people?

The long sip of her drink did little to ease the confused stare she gave him at the news. The sip eventually ending though she didn't speak as he continued on. That he wasn't going as a lawyer, but rather of his own accord to either figure out where the perp had gone, or exact justice by his own hand.

Slowly blinking until she scratched her forehead and sighed.

"So you, don't have anything to go on. Besides knowing it was a crystal... person." Chin rested on a knuckle as her elbow settled on the table and she thought out loud on the situation.

It was a strange one, certainly.

But she'd just watched him get brow beat for wanting to get there. And knowing the dedication on what felt like so little meant others wouldn't be as nice as her. Especially headed to territory held by the Sith. She frowned, wondering how much influence her cousin had on her as she grumbled and groaned a bit before speaking.

"Alright look." Sitting upright before leaning in a bit. "Most sane people would tell you don't bother. But-"

Taking a second to weigh her options for bargaining before continuing.

"I'll charge you half the going passenger rates since I am headed that way anyhow. It'll jump to normal rates when we get past Trade League boundaries." A frown settling on her face before she blew out a deep breath and looked him over again.

She'd have to remember to tell Briana about this one.

Maybe.

"And I can't very well leave you to wander beyond that without escorting you. Or finding you someone reliable. Same rates, and I'll cover my expenses outside the ship." Tilting her head slightly with the best forced smile she could muster in such a strange circumstance. "Deal?"

2UT5QVI.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom