Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Lightsabers for Dummies || NJO

00a757b6d439cdbe0fb99cbfb03729bd.jpg

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

[Gear: Robes, Lightsaber]
Luric had seemingly become increasingly busy since his arrival on Coruscant recently. The young Atrisian Knight had just gotten back from a rather long-standing sojourn on Geonosis, a more appropriate term would be stranded. The ongoing war had made travel from the outer rim systems a bit harder on everyone whom did not have access to their own ship, it would seem. He'd gotten himself settled with his cousin Briana and her roommate Iris, whom it would seem was also in attendance today, as well as one of his mentors, Master Vanagor. He'd heard that Judah was going to be conducting a class at the Temple on lightsaber techniques and combat, and he was never one to shun a lesson in swordsmanship.

He walked with purpose, as was his custom. Luric Ee'everwest did nothing for the simple sake of doing it. All things had their purpose in this life, and beyond. The Force was always speaking to them as Jedi, even when they chose not to listen. He made it a point long ago to always keep his ears open and his mind attuned. He tried to always be observant in all that he did, but lately, he'd been a bit bewildered by the sudden influx of so much energy and feeling. Truly, there was every emotion one could think of to sample from, no matter if it were but a few grains worth or an entire ocean.

Coming to a halt, he waited a few moments before addressing Judah with a respectful reverence. "Greetings, Master Lesan. I apologize for my tardiness, I do hope I might still participate."

“Welcome to the class,” he began. “So who can tell me the first thing one needs to know about a lightsaber?”

Well, that was an interesting question, and potentially loaded one too. There was more than one thing someone needed to know about a lightsaber. It all varied depending on the student’s previous knowledge. Which now thinking about it, was probably the point.

Master Lesan was more than likely trying to gauge the knowledge of those assembled before him.

Kara didn’t say anything initially, although she had an answer that immediately tried to slip from her lips.

‘Don’t point the blade emitter at yourself.’

It was a bit of a snarky response, one that was more eloquently voiced by the Tholothian Padawan, Chiassa. But Kara remained quiet, opting to observe what the others would say in response to the question.

She also sensed the presence of others arriving, not in the room per se, but adjacent? Above? Kara couldn’t quite pinpoint it, but then her ability to sense through the Force wasn’t the best right now. The blonde Padawan glanced over at Aiden as he answered, something akin to what Chisassa said.

And then an all too familiar face showed up, late but just in time to hear and answer Judah’s question. Kara had to refrain from chuckling at Silas’ entrance. But it was good to see him in relatively high spirits again after Ilum.

The answer provided by the Pantoran, Oni Manrok, caught Kara’s interest though. She had only heard about the connection between the user and the crystal they used. The mission Ilum was meant to be her chance to grab a crystal, but the Imperials made certain that never happened. And now with more recent developments, those plans were put on hold.

Unless Kara could find another means to access naturally grown kyber crystals.

Eventually though, she did finally speak up. Providing her own answer to the Master’s question.

It’s not like any other blade. Whereas a regular sword has to have a good weight balance, a lightsaber’s blade is weightless.” Kara did admittedly have experience prior to this. Valery had certainly hit that lesson into her head during their early spars. “If you go into a fight unprepared, you’re liable to swing too wide, leaving yourself open.

04fYQtb.png

JJ-temp.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira

JJ nodded. He hated how much his master was right. What stung even more was that Cambria had once again demonstrated why she was a Jedi Master, and he still was not. She had made her amends with his father. It surprised him to the same degree it had not surprised him. Even in his own foolishness, Master Zadira had always been quick to forgive his mistakes. It may have taken longer, but her and Judah had made their peace. JJ nodded again.

“One thing about the past few years that seems to be right then. I think I was more upset he just let you go like that then I was that you left. I mean we just said goodbye to mom, and then…”

He stopped. There was no reason to dwell on something he could not change. All he could do was hope that things would begin to get better. If Cambria could forgive his father, then it was time for Judah to do the same. He chuckled and made his way to view the padawan.

She seemed eager to answer, and one Cambria should have been proud of. His eyes turned back to his master.

“So this was still a set up. Dad put you up to this.”

JJ laughed as he turned back to watch the class. Had Judah asked ther younger Lesan would have not even considered it, but this was his master. The student was another his master had begun to teach. No doubt Judah would have tried to use logic to convince JJ, and it was logic no one could deny.

“I’ll do it,” he answered as hastily as any Lesan that made up his mind. “You should tell me more about her while we take that walk. We both know if you can’t teach her, then I make the most sense. I’ll be sure to pass on what you have taught me.”

He turned back to look at his master.

“This is about your legacy.”

Be careful what you wish for.
"Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make." - Roy T. Bennett.

Still walking around, not really surprised that absolutely no one had approached or spoken to him but still a little disappointed Caltin walked up to Judah who was overseeing everything. Standing next to him with arms folded, the massive Jedi Master (Guardian) was curious about the Shadow Master’s approach to this but did not and would not interfere. The bearded one was more than capable in a fight, Vanagor witnessed this first hand and thus knew that they were all in good hands.

It also gave him another idea.

Hey, you know Kahne Porte Kahne Porte ? I was thinking about getting you, him and maybe one more and show you what I’ve been working on. It’s a new set of techniques that could help not only us, but if it works out, there’s one more thing we could pass on to the next generation. I’ll give you the details if you need them, but are you interested?

TAG: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana sighed inwardly, walking through the long hallways of the Jedi Temple, the Lightsaber lessons ahead weren’t something she wanted to attend. The young Du Couteau heir had never the saber itself alluring, despite its elegance Ariana often floundered around during all her attempts at training. But she knew that her Master would insist her to attend as many of the lessons offered in the Temple as possible, if not for actual training than simply for formality and respect.

With a quick massage on her right shoulder, Ariana quickly entered the main lecture hall for the lesson. Well, less lecture like and more sparring like if anything, she mused as he found an open seat among the quite large gathering of other Padawans. In fact Ariana was quite surprised at the amount of new faces in attendance, while hardly a socialite, the young Du Couteau heir figured she had met most of the Padawans weeks prior. I guess more now entered the Order. A flash of concern crossed her mind as she wondered if the war against the Imperials had anything to do with the increase of new members in the Order.

The subject of learning more of the iconic tool of the Jedi, combined with the looming dark clouds of war with the Imperials, Ariana wondered how many of these new faces would fade into history. A list of names to be remembered. . . the sobering thought kept her distracted for a few moments until the instructor spoke up and asked the class a question.

What is the first thing we should know about the Lightsaber? It’s a difficult tool to learn. Ariana mused, if a bit biased in her opinion, but remained silent and did not voice her thoughts. It would be egotistical of her to assume she needn’t learn the craft, if not for simply because it was expected of her, but for her own benefit. While missing an arm would be an issue for a swordsman, it was quite more devastating for a martial artist to be missing an entire limb.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

I N S T R U C T I O N
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png
Wearing: xxx
Weapon: xxx x2
Tag: Kara Jade Kara Jade | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Volya Sasiq Volya Sasiq | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Zoar Zoar | Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

There were several answers given, as well as a few students who seemed to be late. He nodded as he accepted their apologies, though a stern look would warn them to avoid making that a habit. His eyes looked upward where Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira and his son Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. stood. It seemed they were watching, and likely discussing Chiassa Chiassa .

His eyes turned to Kara Jade Kara Jade once again. She certainly seemed to emit a spirit akin to his. It brought a smirk to his lips as the Boulder Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor came to stand beside him.

Judah nodded.

“I would be happy to see what you’ve been working on. Maybe after the class we can compare our schedules and see what we can work out.”

Judah took a step forward and looked to the rest of the class. He help up his lightsaber and pointed to the emitter.

“This is the hot end. Unless of course you are using a double bladed weapon, then in that case… both ends are the hot end, and you need to be very careful about which button you push.”

He paused. Most of the students would not understand his humor, or even get that he was being serious. It seemed elementary, childish even, but it was often the simple and mundane things which would keep the safe.

“Safety, young Chiassa Chiassa , you are absolutely correct. All of you have good insight into the lightsaber itself, but as with any weapon safety and common sense will be the most important things to remember no matter how advanced of a combatant you are.”

The shadow turned to Shem Spinner Shem Spinner .

“Wouldn’t you agree?”

Judah moved to a table and opened several boxes each containing a training saber.

“If you do not have a training saber as of yet, please come and get one. You will practice with it every day from here on out. Before I start with the basics of the first form, please ignite the blade and familiarize yourself with how it feels and how it moves. And don’t worry about losing a limb. If you are stupid with the weapon it will only burn you.”

// Padawan Lowe //
//
Jedi Temple //
//
Objective // Learn to Stab Good //
//
Focus // Judah Lesan Judah Lesan // Zoar Zoar // Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic // Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn // Shem Spinner Shem Spinner // Kara Jade Kara Jade // Aiden Porte Aiden Porte // Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. // Iris Arani Iris Arani // Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest // Silas Westgard Silas Westgard // Volya Sasiq Volya Sasiq // Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau // Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira // Chiassa Chiassa // Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor //

//Sorry, not him. And I could... really use these lessons. Believe me.// The giant suit of armor waved half-heartedly, in the exact same fashion as before. //I'm Zoar.//

"Then I'll definitely need them." Her quizzical expression shifted back into an easygoing smile as she relaxed. "Nice to meet you though, I'm Ayra. Go easy if they make us spar though, eh?."

As the room began to fill quicker and quicker the Echani's lavender eyes tracked as many participants as they could, mostly fixing upon the other white haired members of those gathered. Part of Ayra hoped that there were some other Echani's in the group. The girl hadn't grown up on Eshan, but it would be nice to make some friends like herself.

“I believe our instructor is over there,” Oni said, gesturing to the man on the stool.

A quick glance towards the man keeping a low profile quickly turned back with disbelief towards the padawan flanking her. Why would a Jedi Master be hiding in a class that HE was teaching. It seemed a little silly to Ayra until the same figure stood up shortly after. All she could offer to the guy that pointed him out was a small shrug of defeat.

As the lesson turned towards the fundamentals of the lightsaber, the Echani listened silently. It was entirely likely that she was one of the only Jedi collected here that had zero experience with a lightsaber. Of course, she knew all about them from the legends. The graceful weapon of the Jedi, one that many Jedi hardly considered it a weapon at all.

Turning back to the Pantoran beside her as he talked about the influence of the force on the weapons, looking once over the hilts on the table as he spoke. Ayra could understand the idea that lightsabers were intertwined with the force, but the idea that they were alive gave her pause.

The thought held in her mind as she made her way towards the boxes containing the training sabers. Picking up one, her fingers drifted along the hilt. She had read about how Jedi connected with their lightsabers, and searched for the sensation she thought would be there when she first grabbed a lightsaber.

But she didn't feel anything.

"Oh, um... Thank you, Master."

The Echani offered a quick bow towards Judah Lesan Judah Lesan before she retreated back to her old position, focus fixed entirely on the blade as she continued searching for some sense that this blade in her hand was alive.

The light of the stars will guide us.

Chiassa listened thoughtfully to the other student's answers. They were all correct from a certain point of view. I mean come on... duh?!

Then the Master Jedi started to demonstrate which end of the lightsaber was the hot one. That explanation almost made the padawan giggle out loud, but she bit the side of her cheek to keep it from coming out.

“Safety, young Chiassa Chiassa , you are absolutely correct. All of you have good insight into the lightsaber itself, but as with any weapon safety and common sense will be the most important things to remember no matter how advanced of a combatant you are.”
When Master Judah Lesan Judah Lesan praised her personally, Chiassa canted her head respectfully in return with a shy smile gracing her darkened lips.

The Tholothian sensed approval too coming from Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira who was observing the class from the gallery above. She hastened a quick glance up over her shoulder to the seating area. There was another Jedi with her. Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. also seemed pleased, but why the young one did not know? He almost looked jovial. The meaning of the two being together would become evident in the near future, but for now, time to focus on the task at hand.

“If you do not have a training saber as of yet, please come and get one. You will practice with it every day from here on out. Before I start with the basics of the first form, please ignite the blade and familiarize yourself with how it feels and how it moves. And don’t worry about losing a limb. If you are stupid with the weapon it will only burn you.”
Chiassa stayed at her spot in the back of the training room while the other padawans chose their training sabers if they did not have one as she already had built her lightsaber under the supervision of Master Zadira back on Svivren.

When it was safe to do so after making sure the energy setting was on low, the Tholothian ignited her lightsaber. The bright turquoise blade hummed to life with a snap-hiss, then she gave it a couple of controlled figure-eight twirls in the air before her.

Chiassa took a deep breath and let it out slowly while holding the lightsaber now in a middle guard position awaiting the next set of instructions from their teacher... who had a resemblance to the young man in the gallery with the Twi'lek Master. She wondered if something fishy was going on between them all... and it concerned her.

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris bit back a laugh.

Zoar Zoar certainly always ended up at the center of attention in his own way. Much to his probable dismay. At least he was talking to the people addressing him. He'd taken a couple more steps since they last met, hadn't he? Not that she was here to observe him though. She was here for the lesson. Her gaze flicked forward, listening to the Master speak. And.. Oh.

Well, sometimes the basics were good to revisit, right?

She spun one of her sabers into her hand, letting the blue blade ignite. Soundlessly. No heat, no sound. Just the pale blue of the Entropite crystal within. Her nonlethal edge. And paused. Her gaze flicked around, scanning through the colors. There were a lot of people here, a lot of emotions, a lot of thoughts. One of confusion, though, stood out. She blinked, glancing towards the Echani girl as she stepped back.

Then smiled. Right.

"You won't feel anything searching. It'll make itself known." She wasn't too sure how a connection with a training saber worked, but she did know seeking out the crystal within before it reached out first would only make it retreat.

Well, no. That's how Domxite was. Domxite was a gem too, though, so it'd be the same, right? Well no he wasn't kyber- She cleared her throat as she looked back to the front. Shrugging. "I uh, think, at least."

Chiassa Chiassa | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Zoar Zoar | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe | Aiden Porte Aiden Porte | Kara Jade Kara Jade | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Volya Sasiq Volya Sasiq | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Tags: Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe , Iris Arani Iris Arani , Zoar Zoar , Aiden Porte Aiden Porte , Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

As Oni went up to grab a training saber, he couldn't help but overhear what Iris was telling Ayra...

"You won't feel anything searching. It'll make itself known."

"That's how my culture found kyber for blades," Oni chimed in, gesturing to his sword. "When the time was right, the stones would call out to you. It was always hard to say why they made themselves known when they did. Perhaps fate, or simply the moment in time. It's hard to describe. It's an experience that needs to be lived to be understood. At least, that's how I see it."

Speaking of blades, Oni ignited his training saber. It was bizarre. For a blade if pure plasma, it had a decent amount of weight to it, not to dissimilar to that of his force-imbued sword. There was certainly an elegance to it. It was easy for the swordsman to see why it had become a favorite of the Jedi.

"Interesting," he noted, twirling the blade. "It has more weight behind it than I was expecting."

DELIVERANCE
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Training Room - Gallery

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
“So this was still a set up. Dad put you up to this.”

"Perhaps from a certain point of view, JJ, though this arrangement was with the best intentions as you can see now." Cambria's golden eyes went to the young Tholothian down below who had just ignited her lightsaber which was a beautiful green-blue in color, then those gold-speckled hazel orbs flicked back to Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr.

"She is very much ready to take the next step and finish the journey to knighthood. My work makes it so I can not facilitate it myself. Are you ready to take on that responsibility?"

“I’ll do it,” he answered as hastily as any Lesan that made up his mind. “You should tell me more about her while we take that walk. We both know if you can’t teach her, then I make the most sense. I’ll be sure to pass on what you have taught me.” He turned back to look at his master.​
“This is about your legacy.”

"Excellent, my padawan. I will look forward then to seeing this pairing developing to fruition. I am proud of the Jedi and man you've become, Judah," the blue-skinned Twi'lek replied with a pleased almost tender twitch of her lekku, then she stood up and began to move to the gallery's exit and paused for a moment looking back at the young Corellian.

"It is not my legacy, but the legacy of the Jedi Order as a whole. It is our duty as Master Jedi to pass the knowledge learned from one generation to the next... That is all, nothing more. When Chiassa Chiassa is finished with the class your father is teaching, she is to meet me in the Temple Courtyard in front of the uneti tree. We have until then to get caught up. Let us walk now, hmm? I want to hear all about your travels and experiences."

[Exit]

Last edited:
Wearing: Outfit
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Zoar Zoar | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Aiden Porte Aiden Porte | Kara Jade Kara Jade | Chiassa Chiassa | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Volya Sasiq Volya Sasiq | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Things in the class moved swiftly, once Dreidi took her place, she was approached by an older Padawan who she greeted politely. "Hey, I'm Dreidi. Jedi Witch... Or, Witch Jedi... Not sure which sounds cooler? I am not really known to hang around here, I don't hang anywhere too long." Dreidi admitted, she knew there were reasons, abandonment based reasons. Her therapist had informed her of that years ago but it was never easy to admit that to strangers, especially Jedi strangers. She always felt that Jedi were always assumed to be fine, rubber balls that traumatic things bounced off of for the most part that and that wasn't her at all.

"Much training in combat?" Dreidi asked before noticing others trickle in, some seemed familiar, others were completely new. The one in full power armour in a beginner's Lightsaber class seemed very much overkill but she figured it could be a Mandalorian style issue. Or something else, like maybe trapped in the armour permanently, still, seemed a bit much to be in armour around a temple. But Dreidi was constantly telling herself not to judge, to be intrigued and curious about things but not judge a person's life and choices. Judging was too easy, she had been judged and underestimated a lot in her life so she felt it hard not to do the same to others. Another thing she was attempting to work on.

The Master taking charge of the class started asking about the basics of Lightsaber stuff. Dreidi was tempted to say don't touch the hot part, but another person said that then the teacher said it as well. Dreidi held back a groan and rolled her eyes hard, there was beginner training and then there was treating Padawans like they were babies and patronising the hell outta them. And this definitely like a class built on patronising their skills. Dreidi was also quick to at least three different Masters around the class. That was a curious fact going on.

"Lightsabers can feel heavy at first because you are not in sync with the crystal. The more you find your balance, work with the crystal, the lighter and easier it becomes to hold." Igniting her dark orange Lightsaber, holding it in the nature reverse grip she had. "You can also adjust your Lightsaber so that you can hold the hot part without losing a limb. It is how younglings are able to train with Lightsabers." Dreidi spoke with a dry, bored tone as she adjusted the length, intensity of her Lightsaber all before switching it off.

Maybe a nap would help her mood.

div-purple.png
Tags: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Zoar Zoar | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe | Chiassa Chiassa | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Volya Sasiq Volya Sasiq | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Jedi Witch? Hollis smiled as Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic introduced herself. "Some training," Hollis said, nodding. "But… I need a bit of help in the combat department," she said with a chuckle.

It wasn't long before the room was full of people.

Hollis glanced around, noting some familiar faces like Kara Jade Kara Jade and Iris Arani Iris Arani from other missions. And there were lots of new faces today, too.

She couldn't help but squint over at Aiden Porte Aiden Porte . There was something very familiar about his presence, it reminded her instantly of her new friend, Addison. Oh! She did mention having a twin… maybe this was him! Likewise, there was something about Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. that made Hollis tilt her head to the side. She'd never met the man, but she'd been around enough Lesans to now recognize the similarities in their force presences.

Hollis returned her attention to the class as Judah began the lesson.

Indeed, safety was most important – as some of her fellows mentioned. As others were called forth to take a training saber if needed, Hollis remained where she was. She glanced down to where her own training saber was clipped to her belt, Justice had given it to her when he forged a saber of his own. Hollis felt like she carried it for moral support, knowing that he'd used it to defend himself in the past.

She'd never been in combat before… and part of her couldn't imagine having to do that.

Volya would sigh to herself before stand up to get ready to practice and learn yet still somewhat nervous to be around other Jedi at last. She doesn't even have her own lightsaber let alone any training in weaponry, but she does acknowledge the fact that she needs to learn how to fight in order to aid the galaxy. She eyes everyone around her before muttering out, "How am I to learn how to fight without a weapon to call my own? For I may be in my twenties but I just recently joined the order..."

After saying that she would shift her eyes to the ground too afraid to look at everyone else for saying such a thing. She is completely embarrassed and ashamed of herself for not joining the order much sooner.

"You should be." Aiden said with a small smile. "The craftsmanship is remarkable."

//...Thanks. That means a lot,// Zoar said, the nervous energy knocked out of him. The little Jedi's ability to make was the only thing he had going for him. Others were strong, well-attuned to the Force, good with a lightsaber, fearless... Him? He could make a suit.

Getting a little recognition for it every once in a while felt... nice.

"Then I'll definitely need them." Her quizzical expression shifted back into an easygoing smile as she relaxed. "Nice to meet you though, I'm Ayra. Go easy if they make us spar though, eh?."

The mouse in the suit found a genuine, childish laugh at that. //You have nothing to worry about from me, Ayra. This thing's slow, let me tell ya.//

Finding another soft, nervous laugh at Judah Lesan Judah Lesan 's dry joke, which he then wondered feverishly if he should have laughed at all, Zoar pulled his own lightsaber from the suit's leather battle-skirt, twisting a knob at the edge to make it non-lethal. He ignited the greatsaber with a roar of magenta plasma, sized to fit the titanic battle armor, before deactivating it in a panic.

That was... embarrassingly loud.

Coruscant
Training Grounds
Iris Arani Iris Arani Chiassa Chiassa Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn Zoar Zoar Shem Spinner Shem Spinner Kara Jade Kara Jade Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest

The room was indeed starting to get full. Aiden did not want to make a fool of himself in front of everyone. Perhaps just anxiety getting the best of him. The Padawan had indeed handled a lightsaber before, however that didn't mean he was an expert. He was a complete full fledged beginner still. There was much still to learn, the fact that he still had his training saber was something of that fact. He hadn't devoted as much time to his lightsaber technique as he had utilizing the force and the healing arts.

That's exactly why he was here today.

Aiden looked to either side of him to make sure he an affordable amount of distance between himself and the next person beside him. A loud sound was heard and glanced over in the direction the noise came from which was near Zoar. The Jedi Padawan didn't say anything, just igniting his own blade. The green blade came to life with a snaphiss. He took a deep breath as he moved the blade around a bit before looking towards the instructor for the next steps to follow.

Concentration and safety were key.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

Gear: Lightsaber, Robes

Luric had found himself among quite a fair few new faces, most of whom he'd not seen before this day. Today, right now, he found himself near both Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn and Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic as the two introduced themselves to one another. It gave the young Atrisian a bit of mental relief, as at least he knew a couple of the other students weren't well acquainted if at all. He looked to both young women, and shallowly bowed in greetings, taking the time to introduce himself as well. After all, he'd been away for quite a while, and could always use a few new sparring partners. And if they became friends as well? All the better. A Jedi could use all the friends they could get in these trying times that they found themselves living in.

"Greetings. Luric Ee'everwest, a sincere pleasure to meet you both." he said in a warm, and welcoming tone of voice, a friendly smile upon his features. "Should either of you ever need someone to spar with, please, by all means, seek me out."

Master Lesan then began to speak, and Luric had to stifle a laugh. Judah was quite serious, yet, those not accustomed to his ways might think him treating them like children. However, Luric knew that was not the case whatsoever. He was merely trying to impress upon them to always be mindful in all things. It was valuable advice to be sure, and Luric never forgot that. As Judah began to motion to the training sabers, he stepped forward and picked one out, a longer hilt variant that suited his style of dueling. His own lightsaber was securely attached to his left hip, but as he would be training with other students whom skill levels were hither-to unknown to Luric, he thought playing it safe by using a training saber would be the wisest course of action.

And so he made his way back toward where Hollis and Dreidi were standing. He gave Iris Arani Iris Arani the side eye, wondering if she would approach him after their rather unique encounter at the apartment earlier that week. She seemed to be occupied by a student in a rather large and imposing suit of armor. Quite impressive, to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom