Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Lifeday Festival - AC/EE junction of Coveway + Oricon

5m5qOKV.png

Pi5X4Ll.gif

Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

He led with a continuation of the joke that nearly drew a laugh from her. A simple thing that he began, her feet finding the dance quickly mimicked before putting it to memory. Had it been left to that, she would have thought little of his ability.

But the words he spoke next struck a chord.

The arms length she kept others at felt infinitely longer now. A candle in the dark appearing as the weight of his words were absorbed. Measured and contemplated. Did she dare? Was it right? Was it her place?

"Perfect poise, just the right amount of smile. Don't let your eyes linger too long, but enough to keep them wondering. Smile, laugh, listen, invest the appropriate amounts without overdoing it." She muttered in the space between them. Her features had drawn once more to that cheerless draw. Near trance-like as he led the dance.

The measure of her steps nearing perfection as they continued, her hands placing enough pressure to be friendly without inviting. Her gaze kept low enough to acknowledge without seeming interested. She hadn't hadn't lying about the church not teaching her to dance.

But omission was an equal measure to lying she figured.

"I have an understanding of that feeling though I must say a god-king was not a part of mine. Please don't be angry."

gastos helmos

G
FWRqHPd.gif

Wearing:Suit
Loadout: Weapon

Gastos was helping cook the boars that the hostess brought in from outside the planet he was keeping an eye on the guests playing on the lake. The locals knew he'd handle anything serious that may occur though strength or Firepower if needed but this was a festival affair so his gun was hidden in a place no one could find but him. So he sat there preparing the food everyone would eat knowing it would be delicious. As one of the cooks walked up he walked up to the edge of the ice to see those skating on the lake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahlil_Div2.png

There it was. He almost regretted offering the dance as Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch muttered rules he was far too familiar with. His goal was to avoid bringing up old wounds until she felt comfortable enough to talk about them. He kept a calm expression regardless though, a soft smile. He wouldn't pressure her more than he already had, but he would listen. "Divinity is overrated, nothing to be sorry about."

He kept it light as he could, though the concern couldn't be hidden in his gaze. "Some lessons don't ever get forgotten."

The words had been said. There was no taking them back now as her features hardened to that of a doll. Heart and body tempered for the anger that was sure to fall down like some great hammer for her misconduct.

The faces around then becoming shrouded as the stray eyes seemed to focus entirely on her now. The snow was forgotten, the atmosphere lost as the room seemed to shrink and close in on her. She didn't dare look up as she had when she felt this small long ago. The room was a blur of motion around them as she prepared herself.

She didn't even flinch as he spoke.

The immovable mask too practiced to betray such small deviations in one meant for greatness. What was spoken however threw her expectations aside. Broke the porcelain expression that had been carefully curated for a pleasing perception to those around her.

The sinking feeling fled, the room became bright as the smiles returned to the faces around her. Merriment and jovial tones danced through the air as her hands trembled and her neck tightened from effort.

Eyes tear bright as she dared look up. A smile. An assurance. A similar light in the dark that stared back in solidarity. It should have been a comfort. Should have reassured her in some measure. The more she looked though, the more it terrified her.

Her eyes dropped, closing tightly against the happy world around them.

"I'm sorry. The evening is supposed to be happy. It's life day. And all I can do is be selfish. Forget what I said." She managed to say without hiccuping. She didn't miss a step, training she thought long forgotten remembered just as he said. Against all her efforts to bury it away.

It was still there.

The fear whipped at her thoughts, straining her until she couldn't handle the mental load. Her expression shifted a final time. The blank shift to a facade of pleasantries and something he would likely know unpleasantly well. The trembling ceased slowly, a calm overcoming the figure before him as they moved in harmony.

A survival mechanism.

"What is it you find easiest to make when you are cooking if I might ask?" As though their conversation had never derailed into the previous, her movements eerily timed with his in perfect harmony. The doll before him danced to the strings of an unseen hand. The smile portrayed though wide, was lifeless. The body was moving but the mind had fled someplace safe.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Nothing else needed to be said. The strive for perfection placed on their shoulders by their parents. Their reasons different, but he understood. Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch 's mask was hers to keep as long as she felt she needed it. Though to see it break did bring a fainter smile. One of comfort, trust. He was here as a friend, and would support her in anyway he could. Then she apologized.

He shook his head, still smiling. "You don't have to apologize for anything, Mil."

Then it was back. The mask. His own expression softened before he nodded. She wasn't ready, and he wasn't going to push her. "Pastries. Especially laminated dough. Takes a long time to get right, and it's something you certainly want to get right."

Loadout

Wearing this

Tags:
Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Location 2 - The Grand Hall
Pi5X4Ll.gif

7vaczpzvua3ypzvv.jpg
"Thank you, it is a shame that the designer of my dressed has now passed away, she created some beautiful designs in her life, it is a pleasure to meet you Stardust."

She knew that name, a force wielder of some merit if the battle reports were to be believed, she couldn't feel much of the force coming from her, but she suspected that she too was hiding her presence. She moved in a little closer to be able to speak more quietly "It is a shame that some of us have to hide our full selves in these situations isn't it." she laughed and gave a little wink. Asaaj was very familiar with these social occasions and enjoyed them, but hiding her heritage to please the lightsiders was always uncomfortable.

"Are you here alone tonight? Seems a shame that two fine noblewoman are left without courtiers doesn't it? Would you like to dance?" she held out one hand for Stardust to take and gestured towards the dance floor with her other, no sense standing on the fringes with a whole party to enjoy.

"If that does not sound fun? We can always just stand here and people watch."

Objective 1: The Frozen Lake
Pi5X4Ll.gif
Equipment: Attire
Tags: Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar

Zolasha's smile faded at the mention of family. The woman had lost her tribe years ago, and any semblance of family was taken with that. "Goddess, my people are long since dead. I have no one to seek out, and none seeking me." Though, perhaps returning to Felucia would mend the rift she felt.

Her lips pursed at the mention of food. Hanaya seemed intent on relishing herself on meat and alcohol. The later of which Zolasha could partake in, though the flesh of animals itself made her stomach turn. "Forgive me goddess, but eatting the flesh of another creature is not to my liking. Perhaps fruit, or something of it's kind if they have it?" Her voice sounded hesitant, as if she was perhaps asking too much.

Hayana's arm became a tad tighter around her, and she felt her cheeks grow warmer. She silenced the thoughts that wanted to push to the front of her mind, and focused instead on what she would do once they were inside.

The additional warmth of the surroundings lightened her heart, and Zolasha allowed herself to be lead by the queen. Force knew that she was a lost cub in this environment.

Taking her seat in the both, she nearly removed her headpiece, and decided against it. If this room was deprived of light, or if the pair left at night, she would be blind without the device. Her hands rested back on her lap, and she managed an uneasy smile to her four armed Goddess. "You're judgement is above all else Goddess, whatever you decide I shall know it is best."

Lady Hanaya Enzar

Queen of Codru Secundus

CEO of Archangel Manufactorum

Adobe-Post-20211209-2247170-9219582111796433.png

Location 1 - The Frozen Lake

FWRqHPd.gif

Tags: Zolasha Tyrin Zolasha Tyrin

"Goddess, my people are long since dead. I have no one to seek out, and none seeking me."

"That is sad, you are welcome to call my planet home as long as you want" she rested her hand on the woman's arm, this was new to Hanaya and she wasn't entirely sure how much comforting her friend needed but she was there for her.

tself made her stomach turn. "Forgive me goddess, but eatting the flesh of another creature is not to my liking. Perhaps fruit, or something of it's kind if they have it?"
"I am sure we can find something, I will be right back." Hanaya headed off and perused the wares on offer, she got her meat, she loved meat and would not pass up on the boar. She found a stand doing fruit products and returned a few minutes later to the booth. Placing the two plates down, she had retrieved two glasses of spiced grogg, and two plates of food. Zolasha was treated to two long skewers, ladened with various fruits such as strawberries, Meiloruun, sliced baronies and kiwi. One was drizzled with chocolate and the other with lightly spiced honey. Next to them was what looked like an apple, a stick was stuck in the base and them the whole thing dipped in toffee. "I hope these are more too your liking my flower." and she smiled hopefully, before sitting down in the booth opposite. She was enjoying the atmosphere, and the food was delicious.

Hanaya was glad to be out with a friend, not a servant or some politico trying to curry favour. The whole goddess thing was a little strange too her, but oh well. "don't take this the wrong way Zolasha" she said with a slightly laugh in her voice "but I am glad you crashed on my planet, your company is very enjoyable." she reached over with one of her lower arms and placed it gently on Zolasha's elbow as she spoke to her.

mmm what a shame indeed. I'd want to see if I could find their dresses and even have one specially made but alas it appears I'll have to stick to my usual resources not that I'm complaining much

Something about this woman set off a few instincts, her gut kept gnawing at her telling her something was up and that suspicion was only furthered by the fact she leaned in and spoke. However she did have a point stardust would rather let her force signature be free but to do that would put everyone else around her at risk...including this one before her

some of us hide ourselves not to protect ourselves but to protect others from harm that may come from being around me

She didnt care what lightsiders thought of her, stardust has stared down many who judged her for how she sat in the force even stared down many mandalorians who viewed her as some sort of monster. Sighing a little at the internal thought a smile played upon her lips as she looked down to the lovely lady before her

hehehe indeed I came alone, but who's to say that neither one of us is a courtier? After all I dont judge who one loves in fact I love all

Stardust took her hand with a smile and started guiding then out to the dance floor, she loved dancing and tried to find a partner most times for these things! Ince she got them out their she settled into the motion

so then tell me icy, what do you hide from everyone you've got me curious...and a curious dragon can either be dangerous or make your night~

Objective 1: The Frozen Lake
Pi5X4Ll.gif
Equipment: Attire
Tags: Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar

The touch of the Goddess warmed the ache she felt within her soul, but did not diminish the tinge of pain she carried with the deaths of her tribe. She could always try and rebuild her home, though she knew not how. Perhaps with the help of the Goddess, she could learn.

Hanaya had returned with food and drink, and for that Zolasha gave thanks. Taking the cup of alcohol, she managed three sips, and tried to hide her surprise at it's potency. She never had much stomach for drink,, but the alcohol of her people had been extracted from the plants of Felucia. This substance however, seemed far more potent. Zolasha managed one mouthful of chocolate coated fruit before she froze, the arm of Hanaya grasping her elbow, and the words spoken struck at that weak core she tried desperately to ignore. She failed, but at least she had tried. "I'm glad to make you happy, Goddess. Fortune lead me to be brought sanctuary on your world, and grateful that you have taken me in."

She managed a smile, a hand lowering over Hanaya's own. "You bring me joy as well, Goddess Hayana. More than I have felt in all my years." The confession brought another tinge of shyness from the woman, and she swiftly looked away to conceal her embarrassment. She had more to say, and indeed she would say it. "I know you dislike me addressing you as such, Goddess, but as I said, you bear the image of the Goddess of my people, and your beauty is equal to hers, as is your kindness. I can not separate the two, and for that, I ask your forgiveness." She bowed her head slightly. There was the small side of her that wished to extract the strength of Hayana, to challenge her and see which of them had the real power. Who was master, and who was apprentice? It was a question she both wanted, and didn't want answered. To appease that part of her would lead her back down her old path, and right now, she wasn't sure if that path was worth the risks. She cared for the four armed Goddess, but was she strong enough to protect her? Worthy to serve her? Zolashamanaged wasn't sure.

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
Pi5X4Ll.gif
Objective IV: Have fun with Arturo
Equipment: Attire | Attire || OPBC-01m
Writing With: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Closed
kyMYUQz.png
[ Christmas Medley ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

"Oh, really?!" I asked in surprise, but with a kind smile.

His response seemed so sincere, like he would have been really happy about it. No, don’t get me wrong, I was serious about the question, but I thought I was getting a semi-frivolous answer where he was trying to shake it off. Instead, I got that answer. It would actually be uncomfortable if I promise and the evening ends catastrophically. I really hoped there would not be a bad result. Because I had no problem working with him afterwards, but the fact is, it would be awkward. Although the other possibility is a much more pleasant solution.

Anyway, I asked him too, I wondered who he really could be. As he began to tell, it soon became outlined that his life had not been too easy in the past either. Although, at least he had been free and not a slave, lucky man. I nodded at his words, I think I understood. But it was hard to say anything to him. I frowned a little at his words. I didn’t really know a person who would have had a normal youth. True, anyone who is normal in this era will not be a bounty hunter or a mercenary, nor a vigo, not in circles where I move.

At the end of his words, however, I smiled involuntarily.

"And is it a blessing tonight too? Do you count this as that?" I asked curiously, honestly.

I smiled again, now I got the question back.

"When aren’t I chasing and hunting down bad guys? I am learning about Mandalorian culture, I am training alone or with others so that I can really be Mandalorian as soon as possible. It doesn't happen in an instant. When I have free time, I try to help orphans and slaves. Their fate should be better than mine was." In the end my smile became sad as we headed for the ballroom. " I want to help others not to suffer as much as I do. But that may not be the best theme for a good evening."

As we entered the room, I looked around at those inside with a sad smile. But today, I do my best to make myself feel good. And hopefully I won’t ruin the evening for both of us tonight…

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Still going, despite everything.
Pi5X4Ll.gif

Tags: Silhana Cadera Silhana Cadera

Smiling enigmatically at Sil's question, Arturo led his partner towards the dance floor. Did he consider himself blessed? Of course he bloody did. Who wouldn't in his shoes? Listening along, Arturo did his best to suppress a frown as the twi'lek's words sank in. It didn't surprise him in the slightest that she would put others before herself. Some people were selfless like that. Naive, too.

"You can't save everyone." Arturo told her, squeezing her arm gently. "But it's good of you to try. Most don't."

Stopping at the edge of the dance floor, Arturo looked out over the swirling sea of color, noting as he did a few familiar faces amongst the gathered mass. Was that Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae towering above the rest? And next to her, the woman from earlier? Straining his eyes, the contractor tried to figure out why she looked so familiar, before giving up all together. Whoever the woman was, she didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

The one stood next to him did.

"So, Lynne Tal'kira, would you do me the honor of having this dance? Or should I go find myself some other beauty to dance with?" Meeting Sil's gaze, Arturo gave her a wink. They were here to enjoy themselves. Did Sil enjoy dancing? There was only one way to find out.

Loadout

Wearing this

Tags:
Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Location 2 - The Grand Hall
Pi5X4Ll.gif

7vaczpzvua3ypzvv.jpg
The women danced together on the floor. Asaaj, having spent centuries exploring nobility was an excellent dancer, and they took in turns to lead, Asaaj preferring to be led by the taller woman. As Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae spoke to her she thought, this was an Imperial force user, how likely was she to rat her out. "I can show you my little secret, but if you rat me out I will deny everything that you have seen and make sure you go down with me." she smiled as she made this threat, knowing it was not a threat she was likely to have to go through with.

Asaaj reached and interlaced her fingers with Star's "May I take a little of you perception?" Stardust nodded in agreement and felt the force glowing from Asaaj, through their joined hands into her. Just to Star and nobody else, Asaaj was wrapped in a very faint mist as her disguise was overlaid with her realt beauty, she was ageless from her vampiric heritage, which she would still keep secret, but her skin now appeared close to white and was clearly etched with dathomiri tattoos. Now uncovered, Asaaj continued to dance with Stardust, little whisps of dark mist followed her movements as an artifact of the perception spell. It was a risk, as nearby force users might feel this, but it was contained within their bodies and the moment they lost physical contact the image would disappear.

Asaaj pulled herself in close to Star back to back and they danced like that with her free hand reaching up and resting at the base of one of her Lekku. "What do you think of the real me then?" she purred turning her head in so only Stardust could hear her, "let go of my hand and you get Ivy if you would prefer? Do not use it publicly, but my name is Asaaj." she would continue to dance in that position to await a private reply, but then go back to their mixture of dancing styles.

Last edited:
FWRqHPd.gif

Objective: Be festive and enjoy what's on offer
Outfit: Knitted Coat
Weapons: None
Tags: Salis Salis

98-985127_antique-banner-png-transparent-red-ribbon-banner.png

He promptly sat and he took Salis's hand and shook it glad to have company. The conversation turned to the Holidays and although not well understood, Salis enjoyed them. Who doesn't? It is a time of not being called off to fight, to deal with whatever fracas that erupted across the vast expanses of our Galaxy. He can understand not paying attention, he's switched off to political chicanery often enough, it's always one thing and another 2 days later.

Politicians lie, they lie while spinning the truth for what they want others to hear. Troubling indeed. He was happy to answer questions, he is not one to keep quiet when there is no need for it. He is with the EE and went on missions with them, but had to bail on the last one as staying would have been suicide. Tovald wanted to remain alive for the foreseeable future. Make old bones and all that. He after all had children to care for, so he needs to remain in the world of the living.

<"Name's Tovald and I am honoured to meet you. I am currently in the Eternal Empire came back from the mess that was Panatha, and Politics are very hard to keep up with when they say four different things and contradict every other statement and waffle, they hate giving straight answers."> He says after a while, scoffing at the last part, which has truth in the snippiness.

Tovald tilted his head a little, he has never heard of Weihander Union before, he nodded his head in a bid to get Salis to elaborate a little on what this Union does as much as she can of course. No pressure if she doesn't want to elaborate.

GalidraaniDivider.png

Commodore Tal | New Imperial Order | Galidraani Imperial State

Tags: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Pi5X4Ll.gif

Arcturus quietly walked through the crowded grand hall of Castle Draellix, admiring the magnificence of the architecture as he slowly made his presence known. He hadn't been to this planet, though he had heard of it's frozen beauty through the years. When Arcturus first recieved the invitation to join the festivities, he immediatel accepted. The state of Galidraan had been... stressful as of late. The regime change, though relatively smooth, still created its own set of problems for the Tal family. Arcturus had kept his fleet largely on standby within Galidraani Space, remaining within the system in an effort to help his uncle maintain order. He really needed to get away from it all, and this party was the perfect opportunity. This, however, was not the only reason he had shown up.

Grand Admiral Draellix's father was a naval man himself, one of considerable renown. Their family's texts were something that Arcturus had studied closely during his time in the academy, and Arcturus even had the pleasure of sitting in on a lesson taught by the man himself. It was Stephen and Isabella that had invited him to the event, and Arcturus was looking forward to seeing them again.

He approached the Grand Admiral and her parents, offering a slight bow as he drew close.

"Admiral, Doctor, it's good to see you again."

Arcturus was aware that Stephen was retired, but when it comes to the military life, sometimes old habits die hard. He turned toward Isla next, offering a smile as he greeted her.

"And you must be the Grand Admiral. A pleasure to meet you. I'm Commodore Arcturus Tal of Galidraan."

His demeanor, while carrying the air of proper Galidraani nobility, also provided hints at a more lax side, something that he had picked up serving in the mercenary company in his earlier years. Though Arcturus knew how to conduct himself among the upper echelons of society, he would always maintain that subtly casual nature; the demeanor that made him accessible to the men under his command.
GalidraaniDivider.png

gastos helmos

G
FWRqHPd.gif

Wearing:Suit
Loadout: Weapon

Gastos whent back to the food and continued to help serve it to those who came up and got a plate he had mostly eaten before this event and he had offered to help with the feast before hand. As he handed out food he poured himself a cup of beer and drank it slowly as he continued helping those with selection and what they would want. But he watched those around him he smiled as people where enjoying themselves.

Lady Hanaya Enzar

Queen of Codru Secundus

CEO of Archangel Manufactorum

Adobe-Post-20211209-2247170-9219582111796433.png

Location 1 - The Frozen Lake

FWRqHPd.gif

Tags: Zolasha Tyrin Zolasha Tyrin

"Its OK, there is no need to apologise, I know it comes from a positive place, even if it is targeted at someone that doesn't deserve to be called a goddess. But then I suppose you aren't technically a flower," and she laughed playfully, "my little flower."

She looked at Zolasha to try and grasp what she was thinking about, and even how she actually perceived Hanaya? Would she still be as kind and friendly to her if she hadn't mistake her for a goddess? Would she have even stuck around and allowed them to Foster a friendship. She was pulled from her thoughts as two fantastically dressed Talz approached them, one playing some Bellows powered keyboard and the other banging a drum and singing as song. They were singing in Talz but Hanaya knew the tune and started singing in Codru Ji, it was an old Codru lifeday song about a wintery gift giver getting stuck up a chimney and having to be rescued by small elves, if that was a deliverate song selection just for her, it was an excellent choice. It was very festive and Hanaya even stood and danced with the drum playing Talz as he sang. She was having a wonderful time and she beckoned Zolasha to join her dancing with the Talz, they were quite intimidating creatures when they didn't want to be friends, but these gentlemen were lovely. What a way to celebrate, she would certainly tip them generously when they were done.

Last edited:

FWRqHPd.gif

Objective: Doing things...
Equipment:
dress made of Shell_spider_silk.
Cup of Nether's hottest Grogg.
Tags: Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a

She nodded in agreement with a hum to his response on politics. "Even less up front than prophecies and somehow less trustworthy." she agreed, "But I suppose that's their battlefield. Wordplay and manipulation while at least to some extent keeping a form of an order." She didn't say this either with malice in her voice, nor even a hint of admiration. That was simply how she saw it. However irritating it sometimes could be.

Tovald seemed to want a little elaboration on the Zweihander Union. That was fair, she was pretty sure they were new to the Eternal Empire and they'd never quite made the overall impact that the more major factions might have.
"From what I understand, it's almost like a corporation. Or...a bunch of corporations in a trench coat I guess. Great for business, convenient for the military, though I wouldn't be able to say what it's like for a regular person. Just don't know." She chuckled a little, "Heh, you know I'm not actually sure who exactly is at the top right now. Never really mattered much to me, I get money and I get to fight. That was all that I'm getting out of this."

She took in a breath, she considered looking into it more. But then again, she might not actually stay with them if she did ever plan to retire. "What's your job? If you don't mind my asking."

Silhana Lolaes'ra
Lynne Tal’kira aka Lady Orchid; The Angel-faced killer
Bounty Hunter, Verd'ika, member of the Clan Cadera; Headmistress of the House Orchid and The Hounty Hunters' Guild
Pi5X4Ll.gif
Objective IV: Have fun with Arturo
Equipment: Attire | Attire || OPBC-01m
Writing With: Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Closed
kyMYUQz.png
[ Christmas Medley ]
"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

I, too, watched with a smile as he smiled at my words. I had ideas that he might think I was stupid or just too naive. Maybe, who knows. I know I may have been too naive and idealistic, or just too romantic. I had just defiantly responded back to his words that I know not when he continued. I looked at him a little surprised and I think I was blushing. And it wasn’t even characteristic of me, only when I was angry. I wasn't angry now.

"I know I can't save and help everyone." I replied softly. "But I would like to believe that by being a warrior or being a bounty hunter and helping to imprison those who can harm and hurt others… I am helping others. I know this is not traditional Mandalorian thinking. And thank you for thinking that, it means a lot!"

It really meant a lot; more than I thought. Last but not least, it was a pleasant feeling that he is not to look at me as a foolish person, twi'lek. In the meantime, we arrived at the dance floor. I looked all the way through the hall, though I wasn’t too tall, but I saw some acquaintances. Solus could not go unnoticed, not least because of his height. Then there was the Empress, or the young woman with the angel wing, I think the Empress's daughter. I smiled at the invitation to dance.

"With the greatest pleasure, Mr. Braga!" I replied as I looked deep into his eyes. "You don’t have to look for another person, and I hope neither do I."

The truth was, I wasn’t very used to this kind of dance, but it was gratifying to have the opportunity to do so. Of course, I learned this too, but I didn’t have the opportunity to practice many times. Not many times have I had the opportunity to move in such circles after his death, until now. When we got to the dance floor, I put one hand in his hand and the other softly on his shoulder.

"How did you become the second man in the Black Sun and how did a Vigo become the leader of the mercenaries of an Empire?" I inquired.

1FgpkWL.png

jzKJ1ij.png

Pi5X4Ll.gif

5m5qOKV.png

8y8lF42.jpg
TAGS: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Open

AT THE DOOR

While Vyrien Paskal the Officer had been rather punctual, and so too was the man, there was something to being fashionably late as he walked up to the grand edifice of stone after a solitary wander from the nearby settlement, for what was not the first time. It hadn't been all that long since he had settled on a place to call home, here on Lur, and so it was as-yet hardly lived in, sparsely decorated; more often than not he still found himself within the the walls of Draellix Castle, despite having spent much of the preceding month as a guest of the Lady of the Castle.

His visits were largely a continuation of their newly established routine, with fitness at its core, and provided company that was a breath of fresh air, plenty welcome and filled with discussions that resonated back to the years of his youth (though he was still relatively young) where his body and mind were challenged, years rife with growth. But today? Today held a different air as winter festivities tended to have, and it saw him arrive in something more formal than anyone in the Crusade had seen him in to date.

Including said Lady.

A brief glance back at the gate, where Sisters of Ashla stood guard, was the last thing before he was greeted by the house staff at the door.

"Two days in a row, Mister Paskal?" It was Emryc, one of the sons of the owner of Gorrino's largest tavern, "Have to wonder why you bothered to leave."

A grin on the younger man's face pulled a tight smile onto Vyr's own - he wasn't going to dignify that with an actual response.

"Looking sharp, sir…" Emryc's twin, Edryc, cut in and shot his younger brother a look from the other side of the door that took the place of a sharp elbow that might've been driven into the other's side, before turning back to Vyr, "...you must be here for the festivities."

Vyrien moved a hand to rest on the kashira of his katana, affixed at the hip, and the tails and side of his overcoat slipped away, revealing the lacquered saya. He affixed the two of them with an impassive, almost bored look. He had no interest in being detained by their antics for much longer; the thought of knocking them both with the aforementioned sheath most certainly crossed his mind.

"Right, then…" Edryc continued, stiffening, "...in you go, sir."

He began to move through the door.

"Have a good time, sir! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Emryc piped up, with Edryc quickly following that up, derisively needling his brother about that list being small as Vyr moved further away, rubbing his face with one hand, then raking it through his hair, muttering one word under his breath:

"Idiots…"

kP1KTsJ.png
IN THE ENTRANCE

After shedding the overcoat to hand it off to a coat checker and buttoning his suit jacket, Vyrien blew out a long breath, a hard sigh, only to be interrupted in this:

"Your weapon, sir?"

If a look could turn another to ice, it was the one the half-Arkanian gave the coat checker out of his periphery, "You must be new here," he said, firmly and evenly, slipping the knot of his tie back up to his neck, "the blade stays with me."

The young woman hesitated, "Sir, I mean…" He turned to the girl, shifting his attention a little more to rest on her. "...what I meant to say, is it's beautiful," she looked flustered, "Atrisian design, isn't it?"

Vyr left a pause in the air.

"It is," he gave, peering at her, anew, "You're the bladesmith's daughter, are you not?"

She nodded, "Liene, sir."

"I intend to pay a visit to your father, Liene; it would be good to have such a craftsman among my acquaintances. Let him know to expect me…" he paused; there was no telling where the night would go, "...sometime in the next few days."

After a few more moments and giving her his name, he gave himself a once-over in a nearby full-length mirror, and made his way into the ballroom.

kP1KTsJ.png
AT THE PARTY

The ballroom was alive with conversation and movement, and when Vyrien entered he paused at the edge of the room, just beyond the threshold, to observe persons both unfamiliar and in varying degrees of familiarity making connections, drinking, taking their fill to sate their stomachs and some were even dancing to the music that filled the space - all so different from the Winter Solstice on Eshan, which he had attended more than once in his formative years at the behest of his mother.

He had only seen the Grand Hall empty until now, having walked through it alone on some sleepless nights with only the sound of his footsteps for company. His glance across it was a slow scan with the methodical weight his gaze so often carried, taking in detail after detail, and writing the script to memory... but when that silver gaze came to settle on the Countess (who was handling the people around her with the same ease that she had when responding to him in exchanges of blows, footwork, and words), his eyes lingered on her radiance, and it was this that froze his feet to the floor for just a few moments longer than intended, whereas a storm could do no such thing…

…but it was only a few moments, until it occurred to him that he was transfixed, staring, and he broke his gaze away, which landed on an approaching individual carrying a tray of glasses of light amber liquor. Plucking one free as the tray was offered to him in passing, he put it to his nose to take in the scent, then drew in a small measure, savouring the liquid before swallowing. The glass lowered, such vivid thoughts taking up residence in his mind; he didn't need to look a second time, as the image of her was so clear, so fresh.

Perfection, it seemed, had many shades.

After ruminating on those very thoughts for a small handful of minutes, nursing the drink in hand, he thought it best to become mobile again, and began to walk the room at a slow pace, nabbing a morsel or two as trays passed, only stopping again to look at the trees, and how each of them had its own unique style and details. No two were decorated the same. Tasteful, yet warm, and welcoming.

That seemed to be a theme of much of the castle, come to think of it.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom