Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Legion Utility Scattergun Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
dmitry-check-remington-870-06.jpg

dmitry-check-remington-870-10.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a utility/last ditch weapon for the Galactic Foreign Legion
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Hekler'Kok CS-01
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scattergun
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: 8 Gauge Shells
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small, 4 Shells
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ambidextrous Safety
  • Ambidextrous Loading Gate
  • Textured Grip
  • Top Folding Stock
  • Folding Textured Foregrip
  • Side Saddle Shell Holder (Optional)
  • Breaching Muzzle Brake (Optional)
  • Underslung Mounting System
STRENGTHS
  • Short Range Juggernaut: Combining the size of the LUS Mk I shell and the various ammo's it has access to it is a veritable juggernaut when it comes to close range engagements
WEAKNESSES
  • Only a Short Range: The LUS Mk I is practical only good within personal range as its short barrel makes for a massive spread when fired
DESCRIPTION
With all the main weapons taken care of for the Legion the armorers began looking at other weapons that the Legion might need for the troops. One thing that popped onto their radar was a novel concept from the Legions combat engineers. Many of them were buying CS-01's from Hekler'Kok to use in things like breaching doors, destroying barriers and detonating enemy explosives. They found the CS-01 very suited for this role but found carrying it along with a rifle to be encumbering and with this in mind the armorers began work on a replacement.

Since the main issue of the CS-01 was the size and weight of the weapon they look at options when it came to slimming the weapon down. One option that they could take was to essentially saw the weapon down, creating a drastically shorter and lighter weapon, at the expense of a lower ammunition capacity. This was the option that the armorers decided to take as they cut down the barrel and completed removed the solid stock.

When it came to the materials they kept them the same as with the CS-01 in order to speed up and simplify the modification process. After this they came to the features portion of the process. Besides the ambidextrous safety not many features from the original CS-01 where kept and many more were added. A textured grip gives shooters a more firm hold on the weapon when firing. A top folding stock allows the user to be able to fire it normally but still folding it for compactness. A folding textured foregrip allows the weapon to be pumped without much hassle while still being compact.

A optional side saddle shell holder allows for up to four shells to be ready for reloading. A optional breaching muzzle brake gives better grip against surfaces when firing. Finally a underslung mounting system allows the LUS Mk I allows it to be mounted underneath a LCR Mk I for better convenience. With this final step in the design process done the weapon was dubbed the Legion Utility Scattergun Mk I, or LUS Mk I for short, and was rolled out to the combat engineers of the Legion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom