Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Legion Underslung Munitions Launcher Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
vitaliy-kruchinin-screenshot038.jpg

vitaliy-kruchinin-screenshot039.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a upgraded variant of Hekler'Kok's UGL-01 for the GFL
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: UGL-01
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Grenade Launcher
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: 40x53mm Grenades
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extreme Small, 1 Shell
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ambidextrous Safety
  • Ambidextrous Breech Release
  • Automatic Ejector
  • Underslung Mounting System
  • Collapsing Stock (Standalone Variant)
  • Folding Ladder Sight (Standalone Variant)
  • Folding Foregrip (Standalone Variant)
STRENGTHS
  • High Explosive Range: While keeping the same damage as the UGL-01 the UML Mk I also has a much greater range due to its use of longer grenade cartridge
WEAKNESSES
  • One Shot and Slow Reload: Due to the large cartridge the UML Mk I can only chamber a single round at a time and is also rather slow when it comes to the reloading process
DESCRIPTION
As more and more weapons were being developed for the Legion they began to honestly run out of weapons redesign and looked to the tertiary weapons that the Legion used. One of these weapons was the UGL-01 used by Grenadiers and the armorers at the Legion looked to improve on the original Hekler'Kok design.

The started off with the base design if the UGL-01 and decided to change up a few things. One was they changed the way the breech opened, now making it a break action breech loader instead of a sliding breech loader. Another change was adapting it so that unlike the UGL-01 the new launcher could be used in a standalone role if need be. The last change they made was converting the launcher to instead fire the larger 40x53mm grenade.

They chose to use the same materials as they used in the UGL-01 as the materials were more than adequate for the job. Features were the next step and a few new ones were added. A big one was an automatic ejector that ejects the spent grenade cartridge unlike the used having to remove it themself like the UGL-01. An underslung mounting system lets users mount it beneath a rifle. A collapsing stock and a folding ladder sight helps with use when in standalone configuration.

With everything said and done the armorers at the GFL dubbed the new grenade launcher as the Legion Underslung Munitions Launcher Mk I, or LUML Mk I for short, and rolled it out for testing. The review by Legionnaires was almost one hundred percent positive and as such the weapon was rolled out full scale for the entire legion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom