Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Legion Long Range Precision Rifle Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
przemek-filipek-5.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a bolt action, long range, precision sniper rifle for use by the Legion
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: FHR-01
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Hekler'Kok 8.58x69mm Polymer Cartridges
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small, 5 or 10 Round Magazines
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Optic Rail
  • Bipod Mount
  • Tripod Mount Adapter
  • Ambidextrous Safety
  • Ambidextrous Magazine Release
  • Reversible Bolt
  • Spiral Fluted Bolt
  • Fluted Barrel
  • Threaded Barrel
  • Heavy Barrel
  • Pillar Barrel Bedding
  • Beveled Magazine Well
  • Heavy Duty Recoil Pad
  • Adjustable Cheek Riser
STRENGTHS
  • Drop a Bantha at a few Kilometers: The size of the cartridge and the aerodynamics of it allows the LLRPR Mk I to not only have a rather significant range but still be able to drop about just about anything
WEAKNESSES
  • Large, Cumbersome and Slow: While fantastic at taking at targets at long range the LLRPR Mk I is a heavy and awkward weapon to carry and is also very slow to fire as its bolt action take significantly longer to operate
DESCRIPTION
With LSASR Mk I having been designed and manufactured but not yet deployed the Legion armorers began work on the other requested rifle, a bolt action rifle accurate enough to consistently deliver precise shots over long ranges. They re-interviewed the snipers who wanted this rifle and began to gather as much information from them about the type of rifle they wanted, with many of them pointing towards the Hekler'Kok FHR-01 as a good starting point.

With this tip in mind the armorers acquired a few of these rifles and began testing them to gather as much data as possible. During the test they found that the rifle was almost perfect but as always could stand for some improvements, one of those being its range. One way to solve that was to rechamber the rifle in a larger caliber, which they did and rechambered it in 8.58x69mm effectively turning the rifle into a low-grade anti-materiel rifle as well.

Once the basic design and the rechambering was decided on they began working on the materials they would use in the rifle. They made the receiver out of their trademark Titanium-Alusteel Alloy for both its light weight and sturdiness. In order to better handle the pressures of the larger cartridge they constructed the action and barrel from Quadanium Steel, said barrel was also plated in Chromium to reduce corrosion. The stock and handguard were made from Plastoid to reduce weight yet save durability and the entire rifle was coated in CeramiCoat to help against external corrosion.

With this done they began work on implementing the features into the rifle as well. A lot of features from the original rifle were kept while more than a few were added on. A tripod mount adapter was added so the rifle can be mounted on a tripod so it can be stabilized for extreme range shots. The bolt was spiral fluted to allow debris to build up in the grooves without impeding operation. A fluted barrel allows for better harmonics and therefore better accuracy.

The barrel was also made of heavier construction to prevent upward recoil as well as being threaded to allow for the use of muzzle accessories like suppressors and muzzle brakes. The barrel was bedded with pillar bedding to help improve accuracy. A beveled magazine well allows for smoother and therefore quicker reloads. A heavy duty recoil pad helps to mitigate felt recoil while lastly a adjustable cheek riser helps with the comfort of the shooter.

With both rifles finally designed, constructed and a test batch manufactured the new rifle was dubbed the Legion Long Range Precision Rifle Mark I or LLRPR Mk I for short and both were deployed for testing with the Legion's 1st Regiment. Both camps loved the rifle and touted their effectiveness and loved the fact that they were able to choose between which rifle they preferred. With this stamp of approval they began a full production run and was deployed to all Legion units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom