Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok FHR-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
sergi-de-las-heras-dalmau-m40a1-06.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a cheap, easily produced yet reliable sniper rifle for a variety of reasons
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Model: Frontier Hunting Rifle Model-01
  • Modularity: Different Scope Types and Side Switchable Bolt
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Durasteel (Action and Barrel), Plastoid (Stock), Rubber (Recoil Pad) and Chromium (Barrel Lining)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: 7.62x67mm Polymer Catridges
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small, 5 or 10 Round Magazines
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Scope Mount
  • Bipod Mount
  • Ambidextrous Safety
  • Ambidextrous Magazine Release
  • Switchable Bolt
STRENGTHS
  • High Caliber: While the cartridge used in the FHR-01 isn't that much wider than the cartridge used in the FR-01 it is much longer meaning more propellant meaning both more muzzle velocity and power
  • Rugged and Reliable: Just like the other weapons in the Frontier series the FHR-01 has a reputation for being a very rugged and reliable rifle
  • Versatile: The FHR-01 has access to a wide variety of ammunition types just like the other weapons in the Frontier series
WEAKNESSES
  • Very Low Capacity: Even compared to other slugthrowers the FHR-01 has a very limited capacity only being able to have ten rounds at max
  • Bolt Action: Due to the inherent nature of the rifle being bolt action it suffers from a very low rate of fire
DESCRIPTION
Just like the FR-01 and the FP-01 the FHR-01 was developed concurrently with them with the same design philosophy to create a cheap, easily produced firearm that was still reliable. They began as always with choosing the materials for the rifle. They decided to stick with the materials they had before, choosing Durasteel for the metallic components, Plastoid for the non-metallic components and just like the FR-01 they used Rubber in a recoil pad and lined the barrel with Chromium to reduce wear. While the Plastoid parts were printed like others in the Frontiers most of the metallic parts were machined instead due to the more precise work needed.

The cartridge that the rifle would use was the next thing the design team would choose. They initially thought about using the same cartridge as the FR-01 but in testing they found it didn't have the range or the power they wanted. It was because of this they decided on the much more powerful 7.62x67mm cartridge, which while not wider than the FR-01's cartridge the longer dimensions of the case allows for more propellant and therefore more range and power.

Next came the features they would add into the weapon. As with any sniper the FHR-01 comes with a scope mount for mounting various types of optics and a bipod mount for, obviously, bipods. Ambidextrous controls were added as with all Hekler'Kok weapons. The last feature they decided on was a switchable bolt which allows the user to switch which side the bolt is operated from making the rifle much easier to use for both left and right handed shooters.

Unlike the FP-01 and FR-01 before it the FHR-01 didn't find as much popularity and didn't need to license production to anyone. Even with this it has garnered a reputation as a good quality rifle for medium-sized game and has become popular with hunters.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Su'cuy Noah Corek Noah Corek , as you know, I'm Shuk and I'll be reviewing this submission. Rather nice sniper rifle, I'm rather a fan of .300 win mag myself, the few times I've been able to get my hands on a rifle chambered for it.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Please link your company here as well as the materials you've used.

WEAKNESSES
As with the last sub I reviewed, you need another weakness here to balance your strengths and weaknesses.

Tag me once you've made the requisite changes. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom