Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Legacies of Fear

n0m34qi.png
More familiar faces stepped into the room after she did, and all were greeted by a respectful bow of her head. Travot was one of the first Jedi she met after returning from her long meditative retreat, and Coren was one of the first who had helped her after she was rescued from stasis.
She held a lot of respect for them, and the others who entered the meeting hall were all at least familiar by name as well. All-in-all, a very broad group of leaders and influential people were together to address the issue, so she felt confident that it would result in something useful.
But right as Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor began his meeting, another familiar face entered and the first words that left Judah Lesan Judah Lesan 's mouth caused an eye tic from Valery.
There is no emotion, there is-
Her thoughts were interrupted as Judah leaned in to whisper another comment into her ear, which was promptly met with Valery's hand raising up to slap his face away. It was quick, but the smack was audible to most who stood around her. But unlike Judah, she didn't want to interrupt the meeting too much and kept her voice lowered.
"Do that again and I'll airlock you." She sounded dead serious.
Her attention immediately shifted back to Cotan and Auteme, who thankfully got the meeting moving forward again, and she decided to chime in when Auteme referred to her.
"I can certainly call on the NJO for help, but if anything specific is needed outside simple manpower, do let me know. I've dealt with Kyrel and his Knights of Ren before, so I know what kind of threat we're dealing with." Oh yeah, she had killed one of his Knights of Ren on Aruza, and Kyrel had developed a particularly strong hatred for her since. This began to feel like another encounter was up ahead.
n0m34qi.png

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Asha Hex Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Auteme Auteme Qae Shena Qae Shena Romi Jade Romi Jade Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Mya leaned back in the chair, her fingers interlaced as she listened to the others speak. It was a bit of a surprise. She knew Cotan mostly by reputation, but they may have met at one point. She had been with the Protectorate, then the Alliance, and then the Coalition for a long time.

As her comrade asked the questions, she nodded slowly, before interjecting calmly.

"You want help fighting a war, Cotan. That's what you're asking. You're looking for formal relief efforts, intelligence operations, personnel, warships, munitions." Her voice softened, somewhat. "You're asking for people to die, Cotan."

She looked around the gathered group, ignoring the jests of the Jedi. It didn't quite surprise her. "Not that we are unwilling. But let us be clear about what we are discussing here. It will be neither easy nor quick and many more people, our people, are going to die. Not just the ones we lost at Polis Massa."

Mya paused to look around the room, meeting the gaze of her co-council members. "What does the council think?"

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

B R O T H E R H O O D
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png

His entrance had been about eventful as his exit had been back when the discussion of the Bryn’adul threat had occured, or more aptly why the Silver Jedi had been wrong to agree to a defense pact involving Sith. There had been a lot of grandstanding that Judah cared little for, it happened when Jedi got together in the same room often. Humor, being inappropriate, or rude even, was both defense and satire. He had been doing it since he was young, a trait that had always kept him off any council.

The slap did not come as a surprise. It had taken months, but Judah finally got the reaction from Valery he knew she was capable of. He rubbed his cheek as he smirked, soothing the pain with his small victory. He would settle for now, well not until dropping a message into Valery’s thoughts for her alone.

<< “I’ll settle for a while. Promise.” >>

They had an odd friendship, and anyone who knew they were friends likely could not understand it. She understood him, or they had an understanding, it was weird but it worked.

Most days.

Judah also hated meetings. They wanted to make a quick response and take decisive action, and yet they sat around talking about what they would do. Yes, it was foolish to just jump right in without knowing what they were dealing with, but they also knew there was a need. Unlike what many may have thought, Judah had heard most of what been discussed already. For the most part, it was all tied up in bureaucratic red tape. Judah sighed as he quoted part the code to himself under his breath.

“Ignorance, yet knowledge, ignorance; yet knowledge. Passion; yet serenity, passion… yet…”

Nope he couldn’t stay quiet.

“So way I see it we have two problems. First is the immediate problem. What can be done now? The other issue is the more ongoing solution. None of us are going to deny that the Confederacy’s absence has left a gaping hole. There is instability in the region that will take a concentrated effort to police. The absence left behind a leadership vacuum that many organizations are competing to fulfill.”

Judah looked around the room, considering the words which Mya had spoken. Was Cotan asking them to help fight a war? Maybe, maybe not. Only he could answer that particular question. Judah’s aim was to help frame it differently.

“Whether today is the day to discuss the more ongoing issue or not, I don’t know. What I do know is that the more the discussion tends that way, we are ignoring the urgent. I understand there are elements at play which mean certain decisions cannot be made today, but what can we do today? What can we do now? What does everyone around this table have the authority to authorize now so we can at least do something while we discuss the things we cannot address immediately?”

Judah leaned back in his chair. That was a little more impassioned than he wanted it to be, but the Corellian had always worn the things that stirred him on his sleeves. His master had always warned him about it, and it was the one part of himself Judah had never changed.

He reached back to Valery’s mind.

<< “Okay… now I will settle… maybe… probably not.” >>

Tag: Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Asha Hex | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Auteme Auteme | Qae Shena Qae Shena | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua | Cessair Berav Cessair Berav | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Rhia Kesyk | Valery Noble Valery Noble

She leaned in, and addressed Quill, "Hello my friend. It's soothing to hear your voice and know you're well."

A beat.

Lots of hustle and bustle...and Judah.

but if this new threat can scoop up everybody they're trying to and start growing this fast, we could have another Maw on our hands—

That struck a nerve -- she didn't like the sound of that, especially considering the opportunity she had years ago to knock Solipsis on his butt, it often dawned on her that the Maw should've never gotten this far. Then, they were only seen as a bunch of fanatical raiders with very little structure...now--

"Well...it certainly won't be easy, and The Order is also pretty low on the numbers side too but just gonna throw around ideas here to get the slime rat soup cooking --Jutrand is just a few systems over, and there's an academy there. Then there's always Terminus, i'm not sure how much of the OPA's resources and such are left behind or what the Leagues got going near there but either of these places, if permitted, could be good choices for developing staging grounds."

She retreated back into herself for a sec, often when she start musing over one of her ambitious ideas.

"Just humor me for a sec here, Quill, is there anyway in a perfect galaxy where you had everything you needed to make it happen, that you could bend probability or something to show which planet or planets are most likely to get hit next?" She opened up to the larger group, "Also are there any local organizations worth uplifting and recruiting to meet this task?

----

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Asha Hex | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Qae Shena Qae Shena | Auteme Auteme | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua | Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna | Rhia Kesyk | Cessair Berav Cessair Berav

Last edited:
The one thing that Coren Starchaser had learned lately was that sometimes it was better to be seen and not heard. He was going to be assisting Cotan anyway he could, it was why he came here in person, rather than attending virtual. He was learning when he could delegate another Jedi in his stead, or an agent, but some needed his express attention. There were a few who were here virtual, and that was fine, everyone had their own schedule.

As Judah came in, Coren offered a nod to the other Corellian, wondering just what sort of shenanigans he had gotten himself up to as of late. He missed the Core, he sometimes even missed his role in the old Alliance, or the Concord, but that was not where he was anymore. He was a Jedi Wayseeker, finding what he could help with and putting himself in place, but not following any one Order's direction.

Hearing Cotan's tone, the Corellian nodded. "No, without the two major players the Rim is on its own, without some centralization. We have seen that it can handle itself, or bind together when it needs to… The Fringe, the Coalition, even the older Alliance started out in the Rim.

The slap came into the air and Coren rolled his eyes. Lucky for him, he had Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel around and she was more than enough for him. He was lucky.

"Still, Auteme Auteme , you have your connections, we may need to pull everyone we can into this. Be it the Coruscant Jedi, or Concord Jedi… There may be people that the Judges can recall out here, and you were there." He was reaching back, but still, people kept up their connections, most times. "And I can't speak for Romi, but we can pull some of the Praxeum Jedi in… Blend them with some old OPA and Sullust Alliance equipment." The power was out this way, it was just scattered.

Rhia Kesyk

R

QSQ7oGQ.png

Rhia was realizing pretty quickly that this was way, way over her head. She sat there soaking in absolutely everything she could, if only to better understand the cause for Cotan's stress, and sipped on the tea Asha had provided her with. Warm, soothing, but even that wasn't enough to undercut the tension in the room. Nor should it have been.

Her gaze flicked from speaker to speaker, taking note of tones and verbiage, and--- slap; oof --- figuring out affiliations and the like. It was dizzying really, so many different sects and orders and governments. Amidst it all she was barely even a drop of rain in the oceans of Manaan. Still, though she didn't speak up and interrupt those present who actually knew what they were doing, Rhia felt firm resolve building up within her. Whatever he needed, provided he didn't command her to stay behind and sit on her butt for the foreseeable, unsightly future, she'd help Cotan in so far as she could.

With this in mind she clung to the mug of tea, held between both her hands, and continued to observe.

Travot listened quietly as the others spoke. In many ways, he had spent so much time on the battlefield over the last few years between the Sith and the Bryn'adul that he become a stranger to the intricate politics that frequently went hand in hand with multi-lateral alliances. They should have sent someone else instead. His mind briefly wandered, thinking of just who they could have sent in his place, but he came back with no really good options. The latest jedi who had walked in seemed at least somewhat unconventional, or at least didn't seem take himself super seriously - that made him feel at least a little more comfortable speaking up. He stepped forward from the wall to make it clear that he wished to address the group as a whole before he started speaking.

"I cannot fully commit to large scale operations from the Silver Jedi Order or the Concord without discussing the specifics with my superiors," started the jedi, "but it is clear that the power vacuum left in the Rim was asking for trouble to occur. Chaos brings opportunity to many, the Knights of Ren might be but one challenge we face here in the Rim. I am certain that the Silver Assembly would gladly be willing to provide support to legitimate organizations such as the Rimward Trade League and others that can stabilize the area to help better prevent future threats, and to help counter the ones already in motion. It will be much more easier to convince the Assembly of giving more significant aid and the dedication of military forces the closer this problem gets to the borders of Concord space, but until then, I will discuss with the Council when I return what other measures we can take to help combat this threat. Otherwise, I am certain that we can dispatch a number of rangers to act as military advisors and trackers."

Travot abruptly shut his mouth and stepped back to his spot along the wall.

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Asha Hex | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Qae Shena Qae Shena | Auteme Auteme | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua | Rhia Kesyk | Cessair Berav Cessair Berav | Romi Jade Romi Jade

Asha Sar'andor

A

fPJd5KZ.png

Though she upkept the connection between herself and the man at her side, what little good it would even do overall, Asha's mind became slightly plagued by the reports which had been shared earlier in the discussions. Nothing new to her, not insofar as most of what Cotan had shared since he wasn't one to keep her in the dark, but in that moment with so many gathered it weighed heavily upon her. Talks had since turned to future efforts, where did they go from here? What could they do? What was even being asked of them? Funds, forces...

Yet all her mind could conjure up was what had already happened. Polis Massa. So much so that for a moment when she blinked and righted herself back into the conversation she was somewhat at a loss of where it had been taken. What were they discussing now? One hand fidgeted in place upon her lap, the other moving to lift up her cup of tea to take a sip. It helped a little to clear the fog but it could do nothing to remove the thoughts themselves. How many lost? How many souls sent to join with the winding river in the Netherrealm, or to float within the Chasm like Jyn..?

Medical facilities laid to waste. Were there survivors? Reports had yet to mention such, or maybe she'd somehow overlooked it. She'd pushed down the urge to immediately put her foot to the pedal and do something, but increasingly now that urge was arising within her once more.

"I have Blue Crest teams on standby" she said, all at once, barely even aware that she'd said it aloud, "But they're largely volunteer forces, and our defensive personnel dwindle with each new warzone we flock to." Each new word drew her back from her mind, and into the room itself. She blinked, and glanced between those gathered, a few new faces had entered since.

"I'd like to set them en route to Polis Massa, but these men -- they don't play by standard rules. They're not likely to honour the crest if any remain. I will not send my people in as they presently are, as much as I am loathed to admit it." Asha inhaled a slow breath, quietening the doubts which tried to crawl their way into the back of her mind, and levelled her gaze. "I have no need for an army, but if you've even a squad between you to spare I'd like to see that any survivors are claimed - sooner, rather than later."

It was not in her nature to ask, she'd founded the Blue Crest with the intent of it being run by volunteers and goodwill alone, but this felt different. In a Galaxy so turbulent and frequented by war, sometimes asking was all that one could do.

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Valery Noble Valery Noble Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Qae Shena Qae Shena Auteme Auteme Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Romi Jade Romi Jade (if I forgot anyone I sincerely apologize)

Hearing the resounding slap as Valery's hand met Judah's face—before everybody returned to business, initially at Auteme's urging—was enough to rouse Cotan back out of his momentary struggle to keep calm. "Rangers would help," he said to Travot. "Supplies as well." That one was directed more to Auteme, although it ultimately applied to everybody around. "As for local organizations, we have Mya here with the Trade League. There's obviously the planetary governments. And I've been trying to take the three states out here in the outback and put their heels to the fire."

His mouth twisted wrly after a moment. "They're in talks to form their own coalition, calling it the Rift Pact. It's a better name than they could've come up with, I suppose...and it stopped the Pimbrellans and the Qektothi from arguing with each other over whether 'league' or 'confederation' made for a better name." Clearly, he thought it was a bit ridiculous, but it was better than the other suggestions. Kathol League, Outback Confederation...Kathol Confederation, Outback League...

He'd have to thank the President of the Kathol Republic for suggesting something better. "Groups like them and the Trade League are going to be our best bets for the future, I think, after dealing with Kyrel and his knights. And I don't even want to think about what plans others from the Maw have for this slice of space, but we'll need to be able to deal with them too."

DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie Asha Hex Auteme Auteme Cessair Berav Cessair Berav Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Qae Shena Qae Shena Rhia Kesyk Romi Jade Romi Jade Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Qae stretched his arms, still holding the tea-- and then nodded to Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor

"I go where the boss goes," Qae said, nodding to Asha. "Well, mostly. I'm not touching combat zones. I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm not in a condition to fight the way I was. I won't be front-line, but I'll do what I can. Speaking of, I've got a message to send. Cotan, ping me with whatever you need. Asha, I'll go wash this up when I'm done."

A nod, and the fish man was out the door, stopping only at a kitchen to deposit his teacup so that Asha Hex didn't get mad-- and then back to his quarters to compose a message to the one, the only, Jorus Merrill - he might have just been called Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill , and the message was absolutely going out on the last known Vagrant Fleet frequency that Qae could guarantee that Jorus would have active that was still encoded, but the old spacer knew a few tricks. He'd been delaying sending a message to Jorus, in truth - he didn't wanna disturb the man, but frankly, this was what they'd built the Fleet for, in a sense. Besides, it was time to say hi to the people who were important in his life.

J--

It's Q. Long time. Authentication pink puppy. Yeah, I'm not dead anymore, apparently. Thank Asha 2.0 and by extension her boy Cotan. They've got me hitting the ground running (business as usual for us), and there are maybe three people left alive I can count on.

One-- let's catch up sometime, if you're not too busy finding the last star in the Galaxy, assuming you don't already have it charted.
Two-- need two small favours. One, an ear out to any of the old crew that can get the Aether Dreamer back online (if not, no big deal), and two, I need a message sent. Ori'vod and Yun-Harla-- I know you can get to them quicker and faster than I can these days. I miss them. Tell them I'm alive, and how to reach me. Same channel this is on works, I hope.

I'm too old for this karking stuff. Kids these days. I'm gonna let the kids do the heroics, but I can do a blue milker for them or two to keep them quiet. Don't plan on doing much else, honestly. Already paid for trying once.

If you get this, I'm glad. More than you know. Reality orientation sucks after more than twenty years. I really hope you're doing well, and that everything panned out for you and everyone else. More than anything, I'm sorry. Death is an inconvenient way to leave everyone high and dry, but as we both know-- in a glowbat galaxy, anything's possible, hey?

Hope to hear from you, brother.

--Q

PAGODON

Somewhere in all of the above, Quill quietly hung up. Meetings, especially political and militarist meetings, gave him hives. He scratched his arms vigorously and began digging in the U-Wing's compartments for itch cream or something comparable. If he was going to contribute to this...war effort...he had a great deal of work to do and exactly none of it involved being in that meeting any longer.

In due course he found the itch cream and stopped scratching. He pulled on his knit cap and stepped out of the U-Wing onto the ice, heading up to his house. A curious ravinak wandered by beneath the ice: Quill gently redirected it out away from Ferryman's Reach. His mind was largely elsewhere.

"Let's see, let's see..."

J--

It's Q. Long time. Authentication pink puppy. Yeah, I'm not dead anymore, apparently. Thank Asha 2.0 and by extension her boy Cotan. They've got me hitting the ground running (business as usual for us), and there are maybe three people left alive I can count on.

One-- let's catch up sometime, if you're not too busy finding the last star in the Galaxy, assuming you don't already have it charted.
Two-- need two small favours. One, an ear out to any of the old crew that can get the Aether Dreamer back online (if not, no big deal), and two, I need a message sent. Ori'vod and Yun-Harla-- I know you can get to them quicker and faster than I can these days. I miss them. Tell them I'm alive, and how to reach me. Same channel this is on works, I hope.

I'm too old for this karking stuff. Kids these days. I'm gonna let the kids do the heroics, but I can do a blue milker for them or two to keep them quiet. Don't plan on doing much else, honestly. Already paid for trying once.

If you get this, I'm glad. More than you know. Reality orientation sucks after more than twenty years. I really hope you're doing well, and that everything panned out for you and everyone else. More than anything, I'm sorry. Death is an inconvenient way to leave everyone high and dry, but as we both know-- in a glowbat galaxy, anything's possible, hey?

Hope to hear from you, brother.

--Q

Q, from one dead man to another—

I'm happily retired and happy to catch up. Sending you the comm codes and drive signature for my ship, registry
City of Nar Shaddaa, and flight plan too. I'm due at the Daytrader for resupply.

Fill me in. I'm out of the white knight game too for family reasons, that and age. Half wish I hadn't joined Cotan's flotilla out to Companion Cresh. The trip woke up some old itches.

Re: your old boat, just call Dingo Darr on the
Wretched Hive and he'll get you squared away. I owe him one and he wouldn't mind making it two.

As for the ladies in question...suffice it to say we don't swim in the same ponds. Best I can do is point you at the palace on Eshan, where their kid's got a shiny shiny chair.

—J

Meetings. Summits. And more meetings. They would talk. Boast, some. Talk some more. Maybe even plan a bit. But over and over, they would commit to and do nothing. And in the end, the innocent common folk would suffer most. Julius' blood boiled as the old man sat and listened, and eventually he stood. His voice was calm, brass and gravel, but it carried a lethal current under it.

"Numbers. Strategies. I'll leave those to the ones more comfortable in planning. But for whatever the people need when you actually do something, you have my old bones to throw at the cause. Until dust takes me and further age makes me irrelevant."

Sitting down after effectively chiding those he both knew and didn't, the aging Corellian Jedi adjusted his outer longcoat and hid his bloodstripes best he could. Sometimes he let his showmanship get the best of him, and he never really could resist making a statement. Some might resent it. Others might be inspired. But... He was Corellian to his core, and like many of his people... His blood might as well have been rocket fuel.

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Asha Hex | Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Qae Shena Qae Shena | Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna | Rhia Kesyk | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Valery Noble Valery Noble |

Rhia Kesyk

R

QSQ7oGQ.png

The girl had sat quietly, respectfully, among her betters, so much so that she'd been little more than a leaf on the wind, largely unnoticed by the masses of gathered Masters and politicians. In her eyes they had asked for specifics, yet when specifics were given little more than silence had been returned. Rhia glanced between them, along one side of the table then the other.

Had to physically bite her tongue for a moment.

Then her eyes fell on Asha. They'd barely had a moment to themselves since Rhia's return to their lives, always alongside Cotan, or Marus, or Ideon. In fact, come to think of it, had they had a real catch up? Just the two of them..?

Before she knew what she was doing, Rhia stood up. Her previously passive gaze hardened, though in doing so she made a point of trying to avoid Cotan's gaze. Tipped up her chin a little to try and feel stronger than the meek child that was housed within.

"I'll go. With the Crest. I'm not going to sit here if there's people injured or afraid, left behind on Massa. I won't."

She'd gone so far as to step away from her seat at the table entirely. Clenched her jaw, inhaled a long breath, then turned. Don't you dare stop me, Cotan, don't you dare do it. Those words relayed through her mind like a mantra as she headed from the room, hopefully unmolested, to make good on her word. Maybe she could rope some of the other Je'daii into it, if nothing else they could bolster the numbers of whatever defensive forces the teams did have.

It had been a while since she'd drawn her blade outside of the sparring room, either way.

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire @everyone else there's too many of y'all

if they're watching anyways

"Cool." Auteme gave an encouraging thumbs up to the old man who seemed weirdly angry at the situation. At least he said he'd help, even if it seemed like he had no idea what was going on.

"Er- Asha," she said, finally remembering the woman's name, "I can see about sending some people over, maybe one of the Common Soldier groups, but probably some veterans from Epoch. It's a mix of people who want to slap Sith and who want to restore their home, and while I'll probably send more of the former over, I'll make sure they're the best. The Blue Crest's a reliable organization, I hear, and no one else deserves to die."

She paused a moment, reviewing the parties mentioned by Cotan. Rimward Trade League, and a new-forming coalition... "It might be a tougher sell to the foreign affairs committee to help prop up a new -- if fledgling -- power in the Outer Rim. Or maybe it'll be the best news ever, I don't know. I'll probably lean more heavily on the actual threat- mark that down," she glanced away from the screen a moment.

"Put me in touch with whatever councils and coalitions spring up. I'll give advice on contacting the Alliance directly, and try to work from the other end. Aside from that -- is there anything else you need? Otherwise, I should probably go. Meeting in ten."

Last edited:
Rhia's outburst, and the daring glance she caught of Cotan as she turned, would reveal an extremely unamused glare...but he didn't stop her from going. After all, how could he? He'd already been doing much the same near her age, and as much as he might not like the thought, she wasn't his apprentice anymore. Time for her to make her own way.

He turned away from her departing form, his face relaxing slightly as he faced the group. "Julius, you want to get your boots on the ground as much as I do. Go along with Rhia and the Crest. They could use your experience there if anything goes wrong, and you'll be good to pick up on any useful information the kids might miss. Judah, how about you go along with him? Turn it into a proper Corellian party."

He couldn't exactly afford to go galavanting off at the moment, else he might have followed after her himself, instead of giving the Corellians the opportunity. "Auteme, definitely focus on the threat until you've got a better idea how they'll take the news of new powers, but I know at least some of your people remember the Coalition in its heyday. Hopefully fondly. Other than that and what you've already mentioned, just don't call me up in front of the senate. I'm not brave enough for that unless it gets extremely dire. Good luck with your meeting." He kinda wanted to make some sort of irreverent 'aren't I more important to you?' joke, if only to ease his own nerves, but likely for the good of everybody he was able to bite that back down.

"Valery, I know that the New Jedi are just as tied up as the Alliance is in dealing with the Maw, but if they're willing to overlook how short of a stint I gave them on the Circle before returning back out here, I'd appreciate any help they—and you—can give. Master Ravenna, the same sentiment goes for you and the Silvers. Hopefully I earned a bit of extra good will from them defending Kashyyyk, and if not..." He nodded his head slightly in Asha's direction. "Just send Thurion a message and tell him that Asha and Cotan need help, and he might be willing to strongarm the assembly or the council a bit." Quill, of course, had already hung up; unsurprising, honestly. No doubt he already had some sort of plan running through his head on how to help.

That just left the representatives from the Trade League and what they were willing to do and offer. "Councilman Kaabrua—" the only one of them he didn't expressly think he might get away with referring to by their given name, given that he had far less familiarity with the councilman than he even had with the other two, "Mya, Marholt, I hate that you were the ones unlucky enough to have this show up on your doorstep, but with the Eternal Empire further off along the Rim, I can't see them going anywhere but there and spreading out this way. I'll see if I can't convince any of my people here in the outback to start working with you all more closely, and start hunting down any of that old coalition equipment Coren mentioned before any of these Ren can get their hands on it."

He tapped some fingers a little irritably on the table, wondering just what more there was to really go over. It was a bit early yet to be planning outright troop movements and the like, although no doubt they'd have to start preparing for such soon. Just...gathering information, plucking out the trends, that sort of thing. The work that he hated having to do in the same way that he hated having to lead people into a fight. Trading lives for time and information.

By the Force, he wished he could hear some irritable Galidraani brogue showing up and tossing out some extra ideas right about then, even if he'd have to play hell convincing the others that he'd called DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie in as a free actor from Galidraan, not for any connections to Fel's empire. He was still holding out hope that even calling in this one wouldn't put Erskine in too much more danger than being so under Rurik's gaze already left him.

"Unless there's any other specifics anybody has to share, I don't know that there's too much more to go over right now. Sending out some of our saber jockeys and a relief group to pick up any survivors and get any more clues as to what Kyrel and his tag-alongs are doing seems as good a place to start as any, to me, just so long as we all keep each other informed of any new developments. That said, before I forget...Coren, Romi, Travot, Valery, once we do reach a point to adjourn this meeting, could I take a moment to talk to the four of you together before you all head out or hang up?"

Asha Hex Auteme Auteme Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Qae Shena Qae Shena Rhia Kesyk Romi Jade Romi Jade Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Valery Noble Valery Noble

Travot silently nodded Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor 's request.

He briefly considered what he, Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Valery Noble Valery Noble , and Romi Jade Romi Jade might share in common. His immediate thought was that they were all present in the room, and at one point had associated with or fought alongside the Silver Jedi Order, but he knew that thought to be an immediate red herring - The same could be said about the four of them and a number of galactic governments or organizations - and largely for similar reasons as the meeting today called for: jedi did unite against common threats, like the Bryn'adul or the Brotherhood of the Maw.

We have all felt a call to act on the galaxy's behalf at one point in our lives...but what will the Force call us to do next? He blinked. Maybe the better question is what will Cotan ask us to do next...

As Cotan spoke, he nodded, tugging a bit at the tip of his beard. If he were to be in the mix, it might as well be as his friend suggested. Though he had the Covenant with Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga to occupy much of his time, they were in a lull a bit after Ashin, so he figured the time could be spent elsewhere. Standing, he followed Rhia Kesyk out the door with a fluidity and speed that belied the silver-white hair and aged features. Some thing didn't change with age. And Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor knew he could count on him to keep the kids safe, though his temper grumped as he left.

"If any of the rest of this lot do more than make wind, let me know. I can bring us around on the Bezharl lickety-split."

Auteme Auteme Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Tonzees Kaabrua Tonzees Kaabrua Cessair Berav Cessair Berav

"We're hardly new, Senator," Mya responded smoothly, "The League has been around for approximately six years, and the local governments even longer. We have no need or desire to be propped up, as you say, by the Galactic Alliance. What we're looking at is a new front in the war against the Maw, or whoever these new Ren are working for. We'll keep the SIA in the loop with any intel that comes in from our privateers or intelligence operatives and see what we can do to work cooperatively."

She turned back to Cotan and nodded. "It is unfortunate, but not unexpected. I always suspected this day would come. We will hold a council meeting to vote on official action and begin putting things into motion."

if they're watching anyways

"Six years?" Auteme muted herself for a moment, and looked away, seemingly exchanging a few words with someone on the other end, before pressing her lips together. She unmuted herself.

"Ah, terribly sorry. I'm not especially up to date on the goings-on of the Rim." She didn't know the first thing about what the Rimward Trade League was, but if Jesel was confident in the League's abilities, Auteme might not need to get into the thorny territory of intervention in the Senate. Plus, an already well-established government in the region made coordinated efforts much easier.

"Alright, I'll, ah, be making like Quill now. Best of luck, and keep in touch." She disappeared from the call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom